The Coming Economic Crash

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

The Coming Economic Crash

Post by Silver »

Or how the elites engineered the election again. Pasted part of the article below, much more at the link.

http://www.alt-market.com/articles/3102 ... ie-in-2017" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Bloomberg helps to set up the scenario, by claiming that Trump is “inheriting” a stable and improving economy compared to the economy that Barack Obama inherited:

“While today’s economy is a mixed bag by historical standards, one thing is clear: Obama has left Trump a 2016 economy in a better state, by many measures, than when he was first elected president in 2008 in the middle of the worst downturn since the Great Depression.”

Of course, Bloomberg fails to mention that the standards and statistics by which they measure economic “improvement” are entirely fraudulent.

For example, real GDP is at -2 percent, not +2 percent as Bloomberg claims, when one calculates for distortions such as government spending, which is counted towards GDP even though government does not actually produce anything. Government can only steal productivity from citizens and reassign that wealth elsewhere.

Bloomberg also cites a vastly improved unemployment rate. They once again refuse to bring up the fact that over 95 MILLION Americans are no longer counted as unemployed by the Bureau of Labor Statistics because they have been jobless for so long they do not qualify to be included on the rolls. This lie of reduced unemployment has been pervasive through the entirety of the Obama Administration.

Bloomberg then mentions a greatly improved housing market that Trump will enjoy when he takes office. They certainly do not include the fact that pending home sales are now plummeting and home ownership rates in the U.S. are so low you have to go back to 1965 to match them. They do not mention that the majority of the boost in home sales during Obama’s two terms was due to corporations like Blackstone buying up distressed mortgages and turning the homes into rentals. The housing market is NOT being supported by individuals and families seeking home ownership, but corporations snatching up real estate on the cheap and driving up prices. Wall Street is now America's landlord.

And there you have it. The globalist setup continues with mainstream outlets telling Americans that the economy is in ascension as Trump and populists move into positions of power, when in truth the economy is as dire as it ever was if not worse off. To add to the theater, Donald Trump has ventured to take credit for the sharp rise in stocks and the impression of improving economic stats. In one of his latest tweets just after Christmas, he had this to say:

"The world was gloomy before I won - there was no hope. Now the market is up nearly 10% and Christmas spending is over a trillion dollars!"

Now, if you know anything about the true fiscal situation, you would think this statement is a severely idiotic move by Trump. No incoming president with any sense would try to take credit for the largest equities bubble in history. But, take credit is essentially what he did. That said, if you ALSO understand that the globalist narrative is engineered so that conservatives take the blame for the coming crash, AND if you believe that Trump is knowingly participating in this narrative (as I now do after he lied about "draining the swamp" and front loaded his cabinet with banking elites), then Trump's statement makes perfect sense. Trump is playing the role of a future bumbling villain, the populist maniac who gets too big for his britches and brings disaster down on people's heads.

The false recovery narrative will indeed die in 2017, and it will be because the globalists WANT it to die while nationalists are at the helm. This is perhaps the biggest con game in recent history; with conservatives as the fall guy and the rest of the public as the gullible mark. One can only hope that we can educate enough people on this scenario to make a difference before it is too late." (end quote)

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: The Coming Economic Crash

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote:Or how the elites engineered the election again. Pasted part of the article below, much more at the link.

http://www.alt-market.com/articles/3102 ... ie-in-2017" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Bloomberg helps to set up the scenario, by claiming that Trump is “inheriting” a stable and improving economy compared to the economy that Barack Obama inherited:

“While today’s economy is a mixed bag by historical standards, one thing is clear: Obama has left Trump a 2016 economy in a better state, by many measures, than when he was first elected president in 2008 in the middle of the worst downturn since the Great Depression.”

Of course, Bloomberg fails to mention that the standards and statistics by which they measure economic “improvement” are entirely fraudulent.

For example, real GDP is at -2 percent, not +2 percent as Bloomberg claims, when one calculates for distortions such as government spending, which is counted towards GDP even though government does not actually produce anything. Government can only steal productivity from citizens and reassign that wealth elsewhere.

Bloomberg also cites a vastly improved unemployment rate. They once again refuse to bring up the fact that over 95 MILLION Americans are no longer counted as unemployed by the Bureau of Labor Statistics because they have been jobless for so long they do not qualify to be included on the rolls. This lie of reduced unemployment has been pervasive through the entirety of the Obama Administration.

Bloomberg then mentions a greatly improved housing market that Trump will enjoy when he takes office. They certainly do not include the fact that pending home sales are now plummeting and home ownership rates in the U.S. are so low you have to go back to 1965 to match them. They do not mention that the majority of the boost in home sales during Obama’s two terms was due to corporations like Blackstone buying up distressed mortgages and turning the homes into rentals. The housing market is NOT being supported by individuals and families seeking home ownership, but corporations snatching up real estate on the cheap and driving up prices. Wall Street is now America's landlord.

And there you have it. The globalist setup continues with mainstream outlets telling Americans that the economy is in ascension as Trump and populists move into positions of power, when in truth the economy is as dire as it ever was if not worse off. To add to the theater, Donald Trump has ventured to take credit for the sharp rise in stocks and the impression of improving economic stats. In one of his latest tweets just after Christmas, he had this to say:

"The world was gloomy before I won - there was no hope. Now the market is up nearly 10% and Christmas spending is over a trillion dollars!"

Now, if you know anything about the true fiscal situation, you would think this statement is a severely idiotic move by Trump. No incoming president with any sense would try to take credit for the largest equities bubble in history. But, take credit is essentially what he did. That said, if you ALSO understand that the globalist narrative is engineered so that conservatives take the blame for the coming crash, AND if you believe that Trump is knowingly participating in this narrative (as I now do after he lied about "draining the swamp" and front loaded his cabinet with banking elites), then Trump's statement makes perfect sense. Trump is playing the role of a future bumbling villain, the populist maniac who gets too big for his britches and brings disaster down on people's heads.

The false recovery narrative will indeed die in 2017, and it will be because the globalists WANT it to die while nationalists are at the helm. This is perhaps the biggest con game in recent history; with conservatives as the fall guy and the rest of the public as the gullible mark. One can only hope that we can educate enough people on this scenario to make a difference before it is too late." (end quote)
I can believe this or at least suspect this may be part of the case, but what real difference can my knowing it, or even a sizeable number of people knowing it, make?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

larsenb wrote:I can believe this or at least suspect this may be part of the case, but what real difference can my knowing it, or even a sizeable number of people knowing it, make?
Larsen, I suppose the answer is simply that right beats wrong, good beats bad, light dispels darkness...but sometimes only in the long run or only after a trial of our faith. If you read some of the comments below the article, you'll find those who have resigned themselves or the country to a horrible fate, saying that most people are too stupid/lazy to approach with this kind of info. Brandon responds admirably:

"Many people aren't stupid, they are just misinformed by the largest propaganda machine in history. I guarantee that at one point you used to be one of them. Condemning them all to slavery is stupid. Working to wake them up is smart. Predators must be crushed. Period."

I like to think of it this way:
Doctrine & Covenants 123:
12 For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties, and denominations, who are blinded by the subtle craftiness of men, whereby they lie in wait to deceive, and who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it—

13 Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven—

14 These should then be attended to with great earnestness.

gclayjr
captain of 1,000

Post by gclayjr »

Silver,
The false recovery narrative will indeed die in 2017, and it will be because the globalists WANT it to die while nationalists are at the helm.

While I generally agree with what you say, I do have some problem with always couching it in conspiracy rhetoric. However, in general, I do agree with it.

However, most catastrophe market prophets, especially those of the conspiracy ilk, have a terrible record of prediction.

Yes, the economy is not rosy. Yes there are those ion various positions of power both in the banking/stock business and in government who have a vested interest in distorting the statistics. Yes, there are many who do not like Trump. I have also said that it may be in Trump's interest to expose some of this deception, which could also trigger a market crash .

So don't rest easy thinking all is OK, but also, don't bet the family farm that the crash will occur in 2017 either

Regards,

George Clay

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

gclayjr wrote:Silver,
The false recovery narrative will indeed die in 2017, and it will be because the globalists WANT it to die while nationalists are at the helm.

While I generally agree with what you say, I do have some problem with always couching it in conspiracy rhetoric. However, in general, I do agree with it.

However, most catastrophe market prophets, especially those of the conspiracy ilk, have a terrible record of prediction.

Yes, the economy is not rosy. Yes there are those ion various positions of power both in the banking/stock business and in government who have a vested interest in distorting the statistics. Yes, there are many who do not like Trump. I have also said that it may be in Trump's interest to expose some of this deception, which could also trigger a market crash .

So don't rest easy thinking all is OK, but also, don't bet the family farm that the crash will occur in 2017 either

Regards,

George Clay
Brandon Smith's scorecard looks pretty good so far. I offer his articles as a public service and intend to continue paying attention to his comments. Your mileage may vary.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote:
larsenb wrote:I can believe this or at least suspect this may be part of the case, but what real difference can my knowing it, or even a sizeable number of people knowing it, make?
Larsen, I suppose the answer is simply that right beats wrong, good beats bad, light dispels darkness...but sometimes only in the long run or only after a trial of our faith. If you read some of the comments below the article, you'll find those who have resigned themselves or the country to a horrible fate, saying that most people are too stupid/lazy to approach with this kind of info. Brandon responds admirably:

"Many people aren't stupid, they are just misinformed by the largest propaganda machine in history. I guarantee that at one point you used to be one of them. Condemning them all to slavery is stupid. Working to wake them up is smart. Predators must be crushed. Period."

12 For there are many yet on the earth among all sects, parties, and denominations, who are blinded by the subtle craftiness of men, whereby they lie in wait to deceive, and who are only kept from the truth because they know not where to find it—

13 Therefore, that we should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness, wherein we know them; and they are truly manifest from heaven—

Truth covers a lot of territory. Tough to be up to speed on all fronts. Trump is saying a lot of things that need to be said. I particularly like his stance on nationalism/Americanism vs. globalism and those who are behind it. I equally like his assessment of our missteps in the Near and Middle East, etc., and assume he will get us out of that quagmire and avoid getting us into similar quagmires. I really like his coming down on the side of those fighting Federal overreach. Etc., etc.

Where does Brandon fall in on some of these kinds of issues. Does Brandon really think Trump is knowingly playing the bumbling fall guy? If so, I think he is exposing his own particular blind spot.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

larsenb wrote:
Silver wrote:

Truth covers a lot of territory. Tough to be up to speed on all fronts. Trump is saying a lot of things that need to be said. I particularly like his stance on nationalism/Americanism vs. globalism and those who are behind it. I equally like his assessment of our missteps in the Near and Middle East, etc., and assume he will get us out of that quagmire and avoid getting us into similar quagmires. I really like his coming down on the side of those fighting Federal overreach. Etc., etc.

Where does Brandon fall in on some of these kinds of issues. Does Brandon really think Trump is knowingly playing the bumbling fall guy? If so, I think he is exposing his own particular blind spot.
You haven't read the article.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote:
larsenb wrote:
Silver wrote:

You haven't read the article.
I read this one: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44605#p760325" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . Which one are you talking about??
Last edited by larsenb on January 9th, 2017, 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

OK, my bad. However, some of his earlier articles that I've posted go into greater detail about why he thinks Trump is playing along, not draining the swamp, etc.

I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS
captain of 100

Post by I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS »

The future of the economy is fixed, but we've been hearing about the impending crash year after year. I for one am hoping for a large correction so I can buy more equities. Don't jump off the runaway train too soon. ;)

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote:OK, my bad. However, some of his earlier articles that I've posted go into greater detail about why he thinks Trump is playing along, not draining the swamp, etc.
I get where he and you think he is simply hiring Wall Street insiders. But maybe you can supply quotes where he disagrees with Trump agenda items I mentioned.

Jim Willie, whom one might imagine can equal Mason on his grasp of economic/financial matters, is actually quite enthusiastic about Trump and what he sees Trump doing. He doesn't see Trump preventing the crash of the dollar, but really warms up to his anti-Globalist stance, for instance.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

larsenb wrote:
Silver wrote:OK, my bad. However, some of his earlier articles that I've posted go into greater detail about why he thinks Trump is playing along, not draining the swamp, etc.
I get where he and you think he is simply hiring Wall Street insiders. But maybe you can supply quotes where he disagrees with Trump agenda items I mentioned.
I get what you're saying now. It might be quicker for you to point to a CFR member or an elite banker who doesn't like globalism or quagmires...quicker because there are none. I have read Brandon's articles for a few years now, but I can't remembering him saying anything about Trump's comments on keeping us out of the Middle East.

Here are Trump's plans:
https://www.donaldjtrump.com/policies/f ... ating-isis" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Read Donald J. Trump’s Plan to Make America Safe and Respected Again, here.

Work with our Arab allies and friends in the Middle East in the fight against ISIS.
Pursue aggressive joint and coalition military operations to crush and destroy ISIS, international cooperation to cutoff their funding, expand intelligence sharing, and cyberwarfare to disrupt and disable their propaganda and recruiting.
Defeat the ideology of radical Islamic terrorism just as we won the Cold War." (end quote)

The Cold War was a MIC boondoggle for the bankers who allowed the US to practice deficit spending. We haven't won a war since WW2. What a waste. In Trump's own words, we see him planning to fight ISIS. That won't work. You can't kill an idea with guns. We'll simply get more blowback by killing someone's son, brother, father. So, no, I don't trust Trump to make America great again. It's impossible when we'll be spending a trillion dollars that we don't have on infrastructure and a bunch on fighting an ideology.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

Silver wrote: . . .
The Cold War was a MIC boondoggle for the bankers who allowed the US to practice deficit spending. We haven't won a war since WW2. What a waste. In Trump's own words, we see him planning to fight ISIS. That won't work. You can't kill an idea with guns. We'll simply get more blowback by killing someone's son, brother, father. So, no, I don't trust Trump to make America great again. It's impossible when we'll be spending a trillion dollars that we don't have on infrastructure and a bunch on fighting an ideology.
There was much more to the Cold War than just a MIC boondoggle.

My view is that all wars going back to the Civil War were unnecessary; if the right course of action had been taken. And the wars back to WWI and on, were contrived events for 'higher level' purposes that you could say fell somewhat under the globalist agenda.

I also subscribe to the view that if Trump can actually stop supporting 'western', Saudi, Turkish and Israeli support of ISIS, we'll make real progress. Chop off the monetary support. If he doesn't really understand that and do something about it, Marsh is partially right. He won't be fighting the 'ideology' per se, he will simply be trying to stop their continued disruption of 'legitimate' governments in the region.

We really need to get out of the rest of our Near and Middle East 'boondoggle' horrors, as well. Trump has said the right things indicating he has this intention. I guess we'll see how it all shakes out. I just don't describe to the characterization of Trump as a tool of Wall Street Bankers, etc. . . . . at least yet.

He has done and said some very good things from my perspective. One of which was coming out in documented support of the Ranchers in the BLM dispute, when no other presidential candidate was paying any attention to it. This isn't the mark of the usual shill.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

Jim Willie, whom one might imagine can equal Mason on his grasp of economic/financial matters, is actually quite enthusiastic about Trump and what he sees Trump doing. He doesn't see Trump preventing the crash of the dollar, but really warms up to his anti-Globalist stance, for instance.
I often listen to Jim Willie interviews. Here is his wish list, with the URL time stamped to the quote below:

I’d like to see some progress right away to stop the chemtrails, right away to stop the vaccinations and their laced viruses and cancer causing agents and autism agents. I’d like to see progress there. I’d like to see progress with the gold trade note. I’d like to see progress with free trade zones and infrastructure projects in the united States. I’d like to see progress in arresting Soros and shutting down all of his NGO’s. I’d like to see progress in shutting down the entire Clinton foundation. I’d like to see progress in exiling traitors who served as past US presidents. That’s my wish list.
-- https://youtu.be/ef4-NF0TT7w?t=1447" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In particular, I would consider it a big win when the stratospheric geoengineering stops, but haven’t seen anything from the administration on this front so far. Exiling past presidential traitors is something that has never entered my mind before. And definitely agree with arresting George Soros! I find it refreshing that the Clinton Foundation swamp is actually draining itself as Shillery no longer has the political clout to pander to the malevolent agendas of contributors.

Repealing two regulations for every new one is a great idea. I remember a conversation with the governor about peeling off all the laws passed by legislators in acts of unofficial misconduct. (Utah Code § 76-8-203 states, “A person is guilty of unofficial misconduct [a class B misdemeanor] if the person exercises or attempts to exercise any of the functions of a public office when the person has not taken and filed the required oath of office[.]”) https://archives.utah.gov/opengovernmen ... ffice.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But in reality, I believe the banksters will retain control as long as they are allowed to issue the currency. While I’m big on returning to the sound money of the Constitution, I really don’t expect Trump to make much progress on that issue in the very near future. I still consider an economic reset is a mathematical inevitability, with Trump being set up as the fall guy a likely scenario.

So I have not let down my guard in preparing for that eventuality. (i.e. bank holiday, just in time supply chain/credit breakdown) Word on the street in the preparedness economy is that business on storable food is down, likely a barometer of false hope.

But I don’t think I am off base in believing that if the goal of a cashless society is achieved, without the backing of sound money, liberty will be but a glimpse in the rear view mirror.

When is it going to happen? Your guess is as good as mine. But I think it wise to go with Bill Holter on this one. It could happen in 72 hours.

Here's one thing I like about Donald Trump:
https://youtu.be/75SEy1qu71I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Toto wrote:
I often listen to Jim Willie interviews. Here is his wish list, with the URL time stamped to the quote below:

I’d like to see some progress right away to stop the chemtrails, right away to stop the vaccinations and their laced viruses and cancer causing agents and autism agents. I’d like to see progress there. I’d like to see progress with the gold trade note. I’d like to see progress with free trade zones and infrastructure projects in the united States. I’d like to see progress in arresting Soros and shutting down all of his NGO’s. I’d like to see progress in shutting down the entire Clinton foundation. I’d like to see progress in exiling traitors who served as past US presidents. That’s my wish list.
-- https://youtu.be/ef4-NF0TT7w?t=1447" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

In particular, I would consider it a big win when the stratospheric geoengineering stops, but haven’t seen anything from the administration on this front so far. Exiling past presidential traitors is something that has never entered my mind before. And definitely agree with arresting George Soros! I find it refreshing that the Clinton Foundation swamp is actually draining itself as Shillery no longer has the political clout to pander to the malevolent agendas of contributors.

Repealing two regulations for every new one is a great idea. I remember a conversation with the governor about peeling off all the laws passed by legislators in acts of unofficial misconduct. (Utah Code § 76-8-203 states, “A person is guilty of unofficial misconduct [a class B misdemeanor] if the person exercises or attempts to exercise any of the functions of a public office when the person has not taken and filed the required oath of office[.]”) https://archives.utah.gov/opengovernmen ... ffice.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But in reality, I believe the banksters will retain control as long as they are allowed to issue the currency. While I’m big on returning to the sound money of the Constitution, I really don’t expect Trump to make much progress on that issue in the very near future. I still consider an economic reset is a mathematical inevitability, with Trump being set up as the fall guy a likely scenario.

So I have not let down my guard in preparing for that eventuality. (i.e. bank holiday, just in time supply chain/credit breakdown) Word on the street in the preparedness economy is that business on storable food is down, likely a barometer of false hope.

But I don’t think I am off base in believing that if the goal of a cashless society is achieved, without the backing of sound money, liberty will be but a glimpse in the rear view mirror.

When is it going to happen? Your guess is as good as mine. But I think it wise to go with Bill Holter on this one. It could happen in 72 hours.

Here's one thing I like about Donald Trump:
https://youtu.be/75SEy1qu71I" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I don't like anything about Donald Trump. His election is all a set up to create the very sense of safety/relief among the vigilant in the US that you mentioned above and that Brandon Smith has been writing about for months. Even the new Supreme Court justice nomination that so many are extolling is just another Harvard grad elitist with DC connections. So-called conservatives have already forgotten how when Obamacare went before the Supreme Court they were betrayed by Justice Roberts. These judges don't have to vote for freedom. They will vote to maintain their hold on power...because they like power and they don't care about the common man.

The US is bombing/threatening other sovereign countries around the world. The federal government is promising to spend more stimulus money to prop us the economy. None of that sounds like freedom to me. More of the same, followed by a R instead of a D. That's all we get.

There is no justice.
There is just us.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

Coming Upheaval is a Mathematical Imperative | David Morgan
Reluctant Preppers
Published on Jan 26, 2017

Who’s got the gold in the world, and what will a Trump presidency do to impact the direction for Gold & Silver in 2017? Silver guru, author, and founder of TheMorganReport.com, David Morgan, returns to ReluctantPreppers to give us his view of the road ahead in 2017 for Gold & Silver, including the Trump action plan & uncertainty it brings, the global shift between Western & Eastern central banks in who’s got the gold, and why he sees that regardless of policy, structural forces will drive certain and catastrophic upheaval that every family should get prepared for!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBR3JdctsB8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can jump to his conclusion here: https://youtu.be/rBR3JdctsB8?t=1264" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ...

So, at some point it probably will break apart but I think the more important point is that with the world the way it is, with the uncertainty we have, and the absolute certainty that this is a mathematical imperative that this market and the paper derivatives across the board, primarily in the interest rates…is going to cause massive upheavals throughout the financial system. Which means if you need something to rely upon and have safety, something that will remain intact, and something that will help you navigate through these troubled times, you need physical precious metals. There’s no doubt about it.

I’ve always considered David Morgan to be the voice of reason in the precious metals sector, but obviously in my post previous post, we are in agreement as to the mathematical inevitability of an upheaval.

On a positive note, with all the chatter among the precious metals advocates, and the years of speculation of the collapse that never seems to materialize, it afforded me time to accumulate some insurance. Actually, I began accumulating silver in 2003, and when the price went up, I used the profit to pay off my vehicle, and I have been debt free ever since.

Personally, I prefer Silver. Gold might be good for bribing the border guards to get through the Trump wall if you have to bug out of the USAA, or buy a really really big car, but I think 30% of your assets in precious metals is a good target rate for insurance. Still recommending enough cash for three months under the mattress, even though I don’t advocate participating in the insurrection of the Federal Reserve.

But then, my landlord doesn’t accept silver and gold coin. A necessary evil I suppose, but nevertheless, still evil.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

I don't like anything about Donald Trump.
Can’t fault you there Silver. Lots of good intentions, but you know what they say about good intentions.

It’s my long held opinion that the only way to straighten out this mess is to form a new government, according to constitutional principles. But that’s probably not going to happen as long as folks are fat and happy.

But then, a lot of Americans could stand to lose a few pounds. :D

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

Will Donald Trump Reverse The War On Cash?
by Tyler Durden
Feb 1, 2017 7:20 PM

Submitted by Nick Giambruno via InternationalMan.com,
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-02-0 ... e-war-cash" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I recently sat down with my friend Jason Burack from Wall St for Main St.
Jason and I had an in-depth discussion on the decline of globalism, the War on Cash, and more.
I think you’ll enjoy our conversation.

Excerpts: My emphasis in red...Liberty in the rear view mirror
Jason: That brings me to my next point. It seems like the elites are really pushing for a cashless society. Do you think Donald Trump is able to or would even want to stop this?

Nick Giambruno: I think the War on Cash is directly related to the world’s unsound banking systems. Thanks to the magic—or more accurately, institutionalized fraud—of fractional reserve banking, most banks only keep a small fraction of their depositors’ money on hand. It’s a very unstable, shaky situation.

One of the biggest mistakes the average person makes is thinking the money he puts in his bank account is his. It’s not.

Once you deposit money in the bank, it’s no longer your property. It belongs to the bank. What you own is a promise from the bank to repay you. Technically, you’re an unsecured creditor. That means you’re on the bottom of the totem pole if the bank goes bust. And you’re very likely to get burned if the bank gets in trouble.

Money in a bank is a very different beast than cash stuffed under your mattress. Yet 99.9% of people conflate the two.

Many people think the FDIC or some government safety net will rescue them if and when their bank fails. But the FDIC has only a couple of pennies for every dollar it supposedly insures. It wouldn’t take much to wipe out all of their reserves. So it’s really a false sense of security.

The average person is not even dimly aware of the enormous risks inherent in the banking system.

Jason: How does this all relate to the War on Cash?

Nick Giambruno: The War on Cash is a prop. It forces people out of cash and into banks. So it’s no surprise the war is ramping up as banking systems deteriorate.

Then you have what Nassim Taleb would call the “Intellectual Yet Idiot” from Harvard—people like Ken Rogoff and Larry Summers who’ve made a cashless society their mission. And it all starts with eliminating the $100 bill.

These people get prominent space in the mainstream financial media. They create an echo chamber of calls for a cashless society. It’s creepy and totalitarian. I mean, what kind of a person wakes up in the morning wanting to do things that would extinguish many of our remaining liberties?

Privacy is a fundamental human right. It's necessary to protect human dignity, which is essential to a free society. But unfortunately, a lot of people have forgotten that.

Also, in a cashless society, the government can concoct an unlimited number of new ways to confiscate your wealth.

The War on Cash is a mortal threat to individual and economic liberty. I think its advocates are clearly sociopaths and enemies of the common man. Unfortunately, I don’t see the war slowing down. I see it heating up.

Just look at what happened in India recently. On the day of the US election—when the whole world was distracted—the Indian government ambushed its citizens. Instantly, and without warning, it declared certain high-value currency notes invalid.

They said, “Oh, well, tax evaders, drug dealers, and terrorists use cash so we have to get rid of it or make it harder to use.”

It’s completely ridiculous. Anybody who can think critically and independently can see right through this. It’s simply a clumsily executed power grab. It’s done nothing but create chaos and harm the Indian economy.

Yet, when I read about it in the mainstream financial media, I often come across articles praising the Indian government for its bold reforms. It’s quite strange, like we’re living in a bizarro world.

Instead of resisting, the Indian people sheepishly accepted their government’s blatant power grab. This will likely embolden other governments… and the Intellectual Yet Idiot class, of course.

It means we should expect the War on Cash to accelerate in 2017. I haven’t seen any evidence suggesting Trump would reverse any of this.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

So what kind of tricks have your elected representatives and those Wall Street bankers been doing? Just the enslavement of a large percentage of our college students. How much longer can this last?

http://theantimedia.org/student-loans-p ... ch-bigger/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

February 1, 2017 | Shaun Bradley

(ANTIMEDIA Op-Ed) The Department of Education recently released a memo admitting that repayment rates on student loans have been grossly exaggerated. Data from 99.8% of schools across the country has been manipulated to cover up growing problems with the $1.3 trillion in outstanding student loans. New calculations show that more than half of all borrowers from 1,000 different institutions have defaulted on or not paid back a single dollar of their loans over the last seven years.
This comes in stark contrast to previous claims and should call into question any statistics provided by government agencies. The American people haven’t fully grasped the long-term implications of loaning a trillion dollars to young people who have no credit or assets.
Increases in tuition seen over the past two decades have become a point of controversy and angst for those who don’t fully understand the contributing factors. Between 1995 and 2015, the average cost of a public, four-year university skyrocketed by well over 200%. Although federal student aid programs are often championed as a necessity, they have been instrumental in making higher education unaffordable. The opportunity to pay for college by working a part-time job evaporated as soon as huge sums of money were handed out to anyone with a pulse. Since students no longer pay their tuition upfront, colleges are able to raise prices in perpetuity, knowing the government will step in and make credit easier and easier to obtain. As an added bonus, outstanding student loans account for 45% of the government’s financial assets.
student-loan.jpg
student-loan.jpg (22.58 KiB) Viewed 1781 times
Subsidizing the lives of an entire generation has turned personal growth and advancement into a choice instead of a necessity. After all, why take risks or work your way up from the bottom when with just a signature, the life you’ve always wanted could be laid at your feet? It’s not hard to figure out why so many people are tempted to take advantage of the instant gratification that comes from student loans, but like everything else in life, they have a price. The same safety net that delays the anxiety of the future also ensures that monthly payments will be owed for decades to come. Procrastinating when faced with pivotal life decisions is an instinct that used to be overcome as a teenager, but today it is worn like a badge of honor well into adulthood.
The policies of intervention haven’t stopped at federal aid, and loan forgiveness is now being offered to those willing to work in the public sector or at a non-profit for ten years. This perverse incentive only serves to drive those desperately in debt further towards government dependence. Productive jobs are created when the needs of others are met in the free market, not by joining the ranks of the state for self-preservation.
The idea that success comes exclusively through attending a university has created a stigma against some of the most valuable occupations. The lack of real skill sets has lead to a shortage of welders, electricians, carpenters, and other trade workers. Instead of learning through experience with apprenticeships, many students have embraced four years of sleeping in, drinking heavily, and getting an increasingly useless degree. While there are many fields that require specialized training, the surge in popularity of degrees like sociology, anthropology, and communications clearly illustrate a disconnect between the needs of the economy and the skills of the incoming workforce.
The normalization of this system has blinded individuals to their own potential. Some of the most successful entrepreneurs and thinkers are those who have bypassed traditional education. Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Jobs, Richard Branson, and hundreds of other innovators achieved greatness by breaking from predictable paths to knowledge. Instead, passion and experience were the foundations that gave them the confidence needed to make groundbreaking strides. What it means to learn and be educated is changing rapidly as technology develops, and it will eventually force the State to adapt with it.
Albert Einstein was able to spot the innate flaws in the education system even back in 1936, but it’s doubtful he could have fathomed how far things would go:
“I want to oppose the idea that the school has to teach directly that special knowledge and those accomplishments which one has to use later directly in life. The demands of life are much too manifold to let such a specialized training in school appear possible…The development of general ability for independent thinking and judgment should always be placed foremost.”
Those who do achieve their degrees often do so without developing important skills like critical thinking and individual discernment. The scariest part about this revelation is that almost 90% of outstanding private loans are co-signed by parents, making this an intergenerational problem. As the instability of pension funds, social security, and economic conditions continue, any additional burdens passed onto the baby boomers could have far-reaching ramifications. The vast distortions in information that this report exposes should motivate everyone to become an independent fact checker. The only way to reform this broken system is to shift the pursuit of knowledge towards the direction of each individual’s passion instead of creating more cogs for the machine.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

nzmagpie
captain of 50

Post by nzmagpie »

As the stock markets soars its difficult to take the doomsdayers seriously. Looks like greed and materialism will keep things bubbling along just nicely. Those of us who believed the negative outlook are chalking up potentially big losses.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

nzmagpie wrote:As the stock markets soars its difficult to take the doomsdayers seriously. Looks like greed and materialism will keep things bubbling along just nicely. Those of us who believed the negative outlook are chalking up potentially big losses.
Given the destruction of the educational system and the overwhelming growth of apathetic voters who are satisfied with the lesser of two evils, the modern day Gadiantons have maintained the facade of prosperity for quite a while. After we receive our deserved stripes from the Savior, we'll have to bow before Moroni and apologize to him for ignoring the words in Ether 8.