Third Time's The Charm guess the price of Silver to win Titanium contest (Week 7)

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Third Time's The Charm guess the price of Silver to win Titanium contest (Week 7)

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Genesis1:28 wrote: And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: ...
Subdue means: to overcome, quieten, or bring under control https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/subdue

Hurricane Harvey devastated a large swath of the Gulf Coast for the umpteenth time, but could it have been prevented?

Plan to use submarines to subdue typhoons/hurricanes
Subs would work, but the cost would be astronomical. Subs are slow and serve no purpose 99.9% of the time, but what if they could generate power, and supply tons of freshwater too? Now the cost of operating a fleet becomes tenable and even profitable in regions that need it most. OTEC could blossom arid coastlines as prime farmland. Aquaculture too greatly may increase by redistribution of vital nutrients trapped in the deep oceans.

Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion ships and platforms could be deployed to subdue storms before they become devastating monsters headed for populated shorelines. Can OTEC Neutralize Hurricanes?

OPEC flourished while OTEC was put on the back-burner, and for many decades now, its amazing potential remains unrealized. While devastating storms continue unabated, evil in the form of ISIS has grown, fueled by our inaction on the OTEC front. Titanium remains the material of choice for seawater heat exchangers amid a myriad of other applications, ensuring its place as a valued commodity.

Rules, pics and stuff

Good luck everyone. :o)

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Re: Third Time's The Charm guess the price of Silver to win Titanium contest (Week 7)

Post by iWriteStuff »

Boy, this week is gonna be a crazy one.... too much going on to guess this early!

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: Third Time's The Charm guess the price of Silver to win Titanium contest (Week 7)

Post by kittycat51 »

$17.61

gilgal
captain of 10

Post by gilgal »

$17.70

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Crap - went too early and got boxed in! I need another direct hit! :(

Hezekiah
captain of 10

Post by Hezekiah »

Looks like I was only off by $.18. What do I win?

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Hezekiah wrote: September 1st, 2017, 2:45 pm Looks like I was only off by $.18. What do I win?
Sorry gilgal gotcha beat. :o)

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

gilgal wrote: August 31st, 2017, 9:56 am$17.70
Nailed it, adds 2 bonus ounces! :ymapplause:

You only need one more closest-guess and Ti will be on the way. :o)

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Hezekiah wrote: September 1st, 2017, 2:45 pm Looks like I was only off by $.18. What do I win?
Thanks for your guess, I just added pics of a bonus-ounce to the Rules, pics and stuff. :o)

Aiiivii
captain of 10

Post by Aiiivii »

Here's the spreadsheet for the summary of guesses as of week 7--->
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing