Silver Contest: Week 11 (of 11)

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Silver Contest: Week 11 (of 11)

Post by Silver »

silver_Week 11.gif
silver_Week 11.gif (16.29 KiB) Viewed 3466 times
Onsdag has won again. A very impressive 2nd victory. How does he do dat?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Thanks to everyone who participated in the weekly contests.

Thanks to BeNotDeceived who participated every week.

Older/Wiser? participated every week he could. (O/W's two victories prevented him from participating four times, per the rules.)

Speaking of two victories, besides today's winner Onsdag, and O/W just mentioned, and gilgal also won twice which means that six of the 11 contests were dominated by just three players.

Analyzing the data was made easy with Meili's worksheet. Heartfelt thanks to her.

iWriteStuff captured his 4th 2nd place position this week. You can't do that unless you know what's going on.

If you didn't win, please consider buying some silver in the near future and then add to your holdings as your circumstances allow. Food, water, and shelter first, but always think about your financial reserve. Less paper and more metal.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

Silver wrote: June 30th, 2017, 3:17 pm Thanks to everyone who participated in the weekly contests.

Older/Wiser? participated every week he could. (O/W's two victories prevented him from participating four times, per the rules.)

Speaking of two victories, besides today's winner Onsdag, and O/W just mentioned, and gilgal also won twice which means that six of the 11 contests were dominated by just three players.

Analyzing the data was made easy with Meili's worksheet. Heartfelt thanks to her.

iWriteStuff captured his 4th 2nd place position this week. You can't do that unless you know what's going on.

If you didn't win, please consider buying some silver in the near future and then add to your holdings as your circumstances allow. Food, water, and shelter first, but always think about your financial reserve. Less paper and more metal.
Always a Bridesmaid, never a bride :) I appreciate the mercy piece, though. And it wasn't even copper!

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Silver wrote: June 30th, 2017, 3:17 pm Thanks to everyone who participated in the weekly contests.

You're stealing my thunder. I have a whole list of useless facts I've been waiting until now to publish. Oh, well, you didn't get everything. Look for that possibly tonight or tomorrow.

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Thanks for doing this, Silver; much appreciated, and very generous of you! :ymhug:

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

Wow! I actually wasn't expecting to win this one. I thought for sure the price would rise.

Thanks again for hosting this competition and educating us on the value of silver, Silver! It's been fun and engaging!

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Alright, here they are folks, the Silver Contest stats no one really cares about (except the lady who imputed the data every week):

Average weekly contestants: 11
Highest number of contestants: 13 (weeks 3 & 10)
Lowest number of contestants: 9 (weeks 2 & 8)
Total number of contestants: 27
Number of people who won twice: 3 (gilgal, Older/Wiser?, Onsdag)
Number of people who came in second twice or more: 2 (nvr, iwritestuff)
Number of people who guessed every week but never won: 1 (BeNotDeceived)
Number of people who guessed every week except the two weeks after they won: 2 (Older/Wiser?, Onsdag)
Number of people who guessed only once: 10
Number of people who guessed once, won, and never guessed again: 2 (Separatist, imontoya)
Number of people who were new to the board when they guessed: 2
Number of people who played regularly but didn't win: 6
Average closing price: $17.06
Highest closing price: $17.90 (week 1)
Lowest closing price: $16.44 (week 3)

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Meili wrote: July 2nd, 2017, 7:01 pm Alright, here they are folks, the Silver Contest stats no one really cares about (except the lady who imputed the data every week):

Number of people who guessed every week except the two weeks after they won: 2 (Older/Wiser?, Onsdag)
Number of people who guessed once, won, and never guessed again: 2 (Separatist, imontoya)
Bravo! Meili, your stats made me say, "hmmm," several times. Thanks for spending your valuable time throughout the contest and again to wrap everything up.

What's next, y'all?

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Silver wrote: July 2nd, 2017, 8:28 pm
Meili wrote: July 2nd, 2017, 7:01 pm Alright, here they are folks, the Silver Contest stats no one really cares about (except the lady who imputed the data every week):

Bravo! Meili, your stats made me say, "hmmm," several times. Thanks for spending your valuable time throughout the contest and again to wrap everything up.

What's next, y'all?
You change your name to Gold and we have a gold contest? :D

2EstablishZion
captain of 100

Post by 2EstablishZion »

Lol, Meili!

And Silver, thank you again for doing this. Very generous and I hope everyone learned something.

I hope some people are adding "stacking" to their prep checklist.

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

I am totally honest when I say that Silver is 100% responsible for my current interest in stacking silver. I even fought him on it a few times. All that changed when I got a few rounds of silver in my hand. I think I finally understood it.

Hold one silver coin in one hand and a $20 bill in the other. Tell me which one feels better.

(Hint: there's a big difference)

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

iWriteStuff wrote: July 3rd, 2017, 10:01 am I am totally honest when I say that Silver is 100% responsible for my current interest in stacking silver. I even fought him on it a few times. All that changed when I got a few rounds of silver in my hand. I think I finally understood it.

Hold one silver coin in one hand and a $20 bill in the other. Tell me which one feels better.

(Hint: there's a big difference)
Haha. Long before he met me, I'm sure IWS was already smart enough to figure out which of those two were the only possible Constitutional money.

I have purposely avoided any political commentary in the contest threads, but now that it's over I will indulge. The current gaggle of traitors in Washington, DC, both R's & D's, knowingly raise their hands when they promise to abide by their oath of office. Then they immediately break their oath. A pox on them. Using the paper from the Federal Reserve has destroyed our country both financially and morally. More people should own real money, silver and gold, to decrease our slavery to the Gadiantons of our day. I hope this contest has in some small way opened some eyes.

Almost every elected official in Washington is a traitor. Why would you trust them with your credit card and bank account and wallet?

2EstablishZion
captain of 100

Post by 2EstablishZion »

I see that silver bounced off of $16 even a couple hours ago...crazy.

http://www.kitco.com/charts/livesilver.html

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Ron Paul: "I Would Not Be Shocked" If Stocks Crash 25% In 3 Months

Tyler Durden's picture
by Tyler Durden
Jul 4, 2017 7:45 PM
SHARES
Precariously overstretched equity valuations and the purportedly “data dependent” Federal Reserve’s insistence on raising interest rates could bring about the next market correction as soon as October, former Congressman Ron Paul said during a recent appearance on CNBC's "Futures Now."

The stock market's fragility – exposed by a series of volatility events in recent months – suggests that the Fed should tread carefully. However, policy makers, it seems, are focused on bracing for the next crash, and have telegraphed to the market that they will continue to hike rates, even as they struggle for justification.

All of this suggests that stocks could be in for a hard landing as soon as this fall, Paul said.

"I think that it will have a negative effect but I’m not going to say where it’s going exactly. I would not be shocked if in October if its 25% lower than it is now.”
When the next crash does arrive, Paul believes the Fed will be powerless to arrest it.

“I think the markets are very nervous for good reason: They don’t know what to expect and while it's unpredictable what the Fed will do, it’s also unpredictable how the markets will react.”

“Since they’re incapable of knowing what to do I don’t expect much good to come out of anything they do they cannot anticipate. They haven’t been right on most of their projections and their planning. I don’t think the bubble atmosphere and the wonderful things happening on Wall Street will last forever. I think it’s coming to an end.”
The unemployment rate at 4.3% belies the fact that many of the jobs being created are low paying or part time, and often don’t offer benefits like health care.

“But I think the signs are that the economy is weakening even more so, and I don’t accept this idea that employment is magnificent and perfect and will last forever.”

“Some of these markets are already looking a little shaky. The Nasdaq looks a little shaky, the dollar looks a little shaky right now and on to bonds - those prices are going down too as interest rates are going up.”
Paul closes the interview by pointing out that the laws of economics haven’t changed since the last crisis.

“People have been convinced that stocks are going to go up forever, that it’s a new era, but I don’t happen to buy this. I think the old rules always exist. There’s too much debt, and too much investment. The adjustment will have to come. If our markets are down 25% and gold is up 50%, it wouldn’t be a total shock to me.”