Silver Contest: Week 4 (of 11)

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Re: Silver Contest: Week 4 (of 11)

Post by Rose Garden »

Silver wrote: May 12th, 2017, 9:03 pm
Original_Intent wrote: May 12th, 2017, 5:12 pm Wow, if I am reading this right, gilgal was off by 1 cent.
You are right. By the powers vested in me, I declare gilgal as the official winner of Week 4. Congratulations to gilgal.

gilgal,
Please send me your address via private message.
Dang! Spoiled the trend!

Onsdag
captain of 100

Post by Onsdag »

Meili wrote: May 13th, 2017, 12:08 am
Silver wrote: May 12th, 2017, 9:03 pm
Original_Intent wrote: May 12th, 2017, 5:12 pm Wow, if I am reading this right, gilgal was off by 1 cent.
You are right. By the powers vested in me, I declare gilgal as the official winner of Week 4. Congratulations to gilgal.

gilgal,
Please send me your address via private message.
Dang! Spoiled the trend!
In more ways than one. Ah well, there's always next week! B-)

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Silver wrote: May 12th, 2017, 9:04 pm
Meili wrote: May 11th, 2017, 10:49 am Ten minutes to go. :D
Hey, didn't your ounce arrive yet?
I went to check my box today and was surprised and disappointed to find that it hadn't arrived yet. I asked them if the mail had been delivered yet and they said no but it should be soon. So this is why I staked out the UPS office today. :D And yes, once the mail got there, the ounce was in it. I haven't posted about it yet because I was waiting to get to my PC so I could post the picture. I still haven't done that yet.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Meili wrote: May 13th, 2017, 12:15 am
I went to check my box today and was surprised and disappointed to find that it hadn't arrived yet. I asked them if the mail had been delivered yet and they said no but it should be soon. So this is why I staked out the UPS office today. :D And yes, once the mail got there, the ounce was in it. I haven't posted about it yet because I was waiting to get to my PC so I could post the picture. I still haven't done that yet.
That took entirely too long. I mailed it on Monday of this week. Glad you got it...finally.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Silver wrote: May 13th, 2017, 8:31 am
Meili wrote: May 13th, 2017, 12:15 am
That took entirely too long. I mailed it on Monday of this week. Glad you got it...finally.
I've noticed a certain feature of the U.S. mail: if you are waiting for something, particularly if you are waiting for something of value, it takes far longer to deliver than normal. I believe they have an anxiety meter that somehow tracks the stress level of the sender/receiver and delays those pieces of mail in which the parties are most anxious for them to arrive at their destination. I'm sure we will hear about this conspiracy in google results in the near future. :-s :-s :-s :-w :-w :-w