Silver Contest: Week 2 (of 11)

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
2EstablishZion
captain of 100

Re: Silver Contest: Week 2 (of 11)

Post by 2EstablishZion »

I'll share a little tip with other PM collectors. If you "stack" both silver and gold, silver tends to be the more volatile and gold tends to be less. Silver both climbs and drops faster in relative value. Also, the ration between silver and gold fluctuates quite a bit - historically from as low to 10 silver to 1 gold, and up to about 100 silver to 1 gold. Granted, you need to take premiums into account, but you can grow your stacks if you swap from being more heavily into one or the other at the right times. Right now is a VERY good time to be moving gold into silver. ration is about 73 silver to 1 gold. http://www.macrotrends.net/1441/gold-to-silver-ratio

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

The spreadsheet has been sorted.

Separatist
captain of 1,000

Post by Separatist »

Meili wrote: April 27th, 2017, 1:52 pm The spreadsheet has been sorted.
No guessing from you?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

OK, the Thursday noon deadline has passed. With the price dropping so much the last few days (current bid = $17.26), gilgal ($17.23) and 2EstablishZion ($17.10) look good. Who knows what will happen tomorrow?

This is why you should never buy silver with your lunch money, my friends. It's not an investment, it's a conversion.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Many thanks!

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Separatist wrote: April 27th, 2017, 1:56 pm
No guessing from you?
Yes, Meili, working as scribe does not disqualify you.

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

oops. I missed the deadline...

($17.32)

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

mirkwood wrote: April 27th, 2017, 3:08 pm oops. I missed the deadline...

($17.32)
Week 3 has your name written all over it.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Silver wrote: April 27th, 2017, 2:09 pm
Separatist wrote: April 27th, 2017, 1:56 pm
No guessing from you?
Yes, Meili, working as scribe does not disqualify you.
Good to know. I know I'm honest, but I figured some people might have questions about whether or not the person recording guesses might be able to change things up. However, as far as I know, I can't circumvent the way things are posted on the forum. So unless someone protests, I'll be in the running next week.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

2EstablishZion wrote: April 27th, 2017, 6:58 am I'll share a little tip with other PM collectors. If you "stack" both silver and gold, silver tends to be the more volatile and gold tends to be less. Silver both climbs and drops faster in relative value. Also, the ration between silver and gold fluctuates quite a bit - historically from as low to 10 silver to 1 gold, and up to about 100 silver to 1 gold. Granted, you need to take premiums into account, but you can grow your stacks if you swap from being more heavily into one or the other at the right times. Right now is a VERY good time to be moving gold into silver. ration is about 73 silver to 1 gold. http://www.macrotrends.net/1441/gold-to-silver-ratio
Attempting to post:

http://www.kitco.com/images/live/silver ... 4336638621

Causes: It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct :(

Anyways: it reminds of who you gonna call and Key Master's warning:

. . . . . :ymdevil: NOT TO CROSS THE BEAMS :ymdevil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrgUkku5J-A

The timely downward spiral exactly supports my theorem that we are now entering a period of increased prosperity as investors shift assets into the stock market.

Me thinks it's time to collect some Silver. Image

Stocks usually trade in 100 or 1000 block increments. What increments work well, and can we automate a trigger price for say 10 or 100 ounce increments; does US Mail work good? :-?

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

BeNotDeceived wrote: April 28th, 2017, 11:59 am
2EstablishZion wrote: April 27th, 2017, 6:58 am I'll share a little tip with other PM collectors. If you "stack" both silver and gold, silver tends to be the more volatile and gold tends to be less. Silver both climbs and drops faster in relative value. Also, the ration between silver and gold fluctuates quite a bit - historically from as low to 10 silver to 1 gold, and up to about 100 silver to 1 gold. Granted, you need to take premiums into account, but you can grow your stacks if you swap from being more heavily into one or the other at the right times. Right now is a VERY good time to be moving gold into silver. ration is about 73 silver to 1 gold. http://www.macrotrends.net/1441/gold-to-silver-ratio
Attempting to post:

http://www.kitco.com/images/live/silver ... 4336638621

Causes: It was not possible to determine the dimensions of the image. Please verify that the URL you entered is correct :(

Anyways: it reminds of who you gonna call and Key Master's warning:

. . . . . :ymdevil: NOT TO CROSS THE BEAMS :ymdevil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrgUkku5J-A

The timely downward spiral exactly supports my theorem that we are now entering a period of increased prosperity as investors shift assets into the stock market.

Me thinks it's time to collect some Silver. Image

Stocks usually trade in 100 or 1000 block increments. What increments work well, and can we automate a trigger price for say 10 or 100 ounce increments; does US Mail work good? :-?
Use this and explore:
http://www.kitco.com/kitco-gold-index.html

I don't know anything and I'm not your financial advisor, but the market smells peak-ish to me.

You can find good deals by becoming a member of bullionstacker.com There is no fee for joining. You'll find many sellers there of various quantities. The site has a good feedback system so you can purchase with confidence from the guys who have high ratings. Shipping is usually done in small flat rate boxes available at the post office. The charge is about $7 for as many coins as will fit in the box. Insurance, if requested, would be more and depend on the value of the items.

Any other questions?

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Silver do you work for providential metals I hope not my one and only experience was not good..

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

No, but I have purchased from them in the past. I am not going to buy anything from them for a while, at least until the smoke clears.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Closing price this week = $17.16. Wow, another very close contest! 2EstablishZion ($17.10) wins by a penny. gilgal ($17.23) was 2nd.

Nine more weeks of fun. Place your guesses starting next Monday for Week 3.

2EstablishZion,
Please tell me your mailing address via private message and please don't participate for the next two weeks to give others a chance to win, OK?
Regards,
Silver

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Silver wrote: April 28th, 2017, 9:02 pm No, but I have purchased from them in the past. I am not going to buy anything from them for a while, at least until the smoke clears.
Now please clarify "smoke clears",I need to think on this. Thanks

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

Older/wiser? wrote: April 28th, 2017, 9:19 pm
Silver wrote: April 28th, 2017, 9:02 pm No, but I have purchased from them in the past. I am not going to buy anything from them for a while, at least until the smoke clears.
Now please clarify "smoke clears",I need to think on this. Thanks
I will know it's OK when the guys at bullionstacker.com start reporting that their orders are being delivered on time. For clarity, nobody has told me that current orders are in danger. However, I have seen other precious metals dealers go under when they seemed fine just a month earlier. I guess it depends on your risk aversion preferences. bullionstacker.com is a great place to buy metals with a feedback system which provides a great deal of confidence for the purchaser.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

One ounce of shiny white goodness is going out to 2EstablishZion today.

Imagine that scene, eons ago, when the Lord Jehovah organized the elements in our world and gave us nice, new, crisp Federal Reserve Notes, I mean, gold and silver, to be used as money. He provided those two wondrous elements as a means for us to create and maintain our financial reserve.