Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

User avatar
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5284
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:43 am

iWriteStuff wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:32 am
Mark wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:30 am
iWriteStuff wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:21 am
Mark wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:17 am


:)) I give out silver dollars to all my kids and grandkids all the time. One doesnt even get my attention. Make it a hundred of them at a time big spender and then we can talk turkey. :ymcowboy:
When you say "silver dollars", are you referring to the American Silver Eagles or the old school Ikes?
Eagles my man. When they were cheap I loaded up on them. Those rounds just arent as pretty.
Amen to that! I just ordered up some eagles that were offered at a discount to premium.... good stuff, that. Those Maple Leafs aren't too bad, either. Occasionally I buy a few rounds, but I'm very very picky about those.
The Maples tend to get milk spots, but they're less expensive and have an ever-so-slight purity advantage over the Eagles. Plus, their face value is higher, if it ever comes to that.

Advertisements & Sponsored Links


User avatar
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5284
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:45 am

Meili wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:22 am
I've recorded the numbers and will be posting a spread sheet shortly for all to review just in case anything got written down wrong.
Meili,
Thank you for your support.

Good luck to all the participants. We'll know in about 28 hours who our winner is. There will be 10 more weekly price-guessing contests after this.

User avatar
iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth
Posts: 3722
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:31 am
Location: Sinope

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:50 am

Silver wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:43 am
iWriteStuff wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:32 am
Mark wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:30 am
iWriteStuff wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:21 am


When you say "silver dollars", are you referring to the American Silver Eagles or the old school Ikes?
Eagles my man. When they were cheap I loaded up on them. Those rounds just arent as pretty.
Amen to that! I just ordered up some eagles that were offered at a discount to premium.... good stuff, that. Those Maple Leafs aren't too bad, either. Occasionally I buy a few rounds, but I'm very very picky about those.
The Maples tend to get milk spots, but they're less expensive and have an ever-so-slight purity advantage over the Eagles. Plus, their face value is higher, if it ever comes to that.
haha plus if you ever want to escape to Canada and have a few loonies laying around... ;)

Haven't experienced the milk spots yet... most of mine came sealed in plastic. The one that "escaped" ended up in an AirTite capsule almost immediately.
Last edited by iWriteStuff on Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Meili
Don't ask . . .
Posts: 6712
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:18 am
Contact:

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:02 pm

Okay, tried everything I could to post a table here and failed. So for now, here's the link to the google doc. Let me know if it's not working.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

And if anyone knows how to post a table here, let me know.

User avatar
Meili
Don't ask . . .
Posts: 6712
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:18 am
Contact:

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:03 pm

Silver wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:45 am
Meili wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:22 am
I've recorded the numbers and will be posting a spread sheet shortly for all to review just in case anything got written down wrong.
Meili,
Thank you for your support.

Good luck to all the participants. We'll know in about 28 hours who our winner is. There will be 10 more weekly price-guessing contests after this.
This is the sort of stuff I do for fun. :D

User avatar
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5284
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:08 pm

Thanks, Meili. My copy/paste of your Google doc doesn't look as good, but for those who don't want to click on your link...

Username Week 1
Mirkwood $17.80
Separatist $17.98
Aspietroll $18.01
Original Intent $18.08
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS $18.25
Onsdag $18.30
Robin Hood $18.39
EmmaLee $18.44
Mes5464 $18.60
Older/Wiser? $18.61
BeNotDeceived $20.24
Mark $49.51

User avatar
Meili
Don't ask . . .
Posts: 6712
Joined: Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:18 am
Contact:

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:18 pm

Yup. That's what it looked like when I did it, too.

User avatar
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9204
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:35 pm

Personally, I am cheering Mark on to win. :D

User avatar
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5284
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:38 pm

Original_Intent wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:35 pm
Personally, I am cheering Mark on to win. :D
Not me, not yet. Too many people on LDSFF need to buy more shiny before the price rises.

User avatar
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9204
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:50 pm

Silver wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:38 pm
Original_Intent wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:35 pm
Personally, I am cheering Mark on to win. :D
Not me, not yet. Too many people on LDSFF need to buy more shiny before the price rises.
Your wish is granted! BT(bleeping)D!

User avatar
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5284
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:12 am

Silver wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:08 pm
Thanks, Meili. My copy/paste of your Google doc doesn't look as good, but for those who don't want to click on your link...

Username Week 1
Mirkwood $17.80
Separatist $17.98
Aspietroll $18.01
Original Intent $18.08
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS $18.25
Onsdag $18.30
Robin Hood $18.39
EmmaLee $18.44
Mes5464 $18.60
Older/Wiser? $18.61
BeNotDeceived $20.24
Mark $49.51
$17.87 right now. Mirkwood and Separatist are looking good.

User avatar
iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth
Posts: 3722
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:31 am
Location: Sinope

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:52 pm

Silver wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:12 am
Silver wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:08 pm
Thanks, Meili. My copy/paste of your Google doc doesn't look as good, but for those who don't want to click on your link...

Username Week 1
Mirkwood $17.80
Separatist $17.98
Aspietroll $18.01
Original Intent $18.08
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS $18.25
Onsdag $18.30
Robin Hood $18.39
EmmaLee $18.44
Mes5464 $18.60
Older/Wiser? $18.61
BeNotDeceived $20.24
Mark $49.51
$17.87 right now. Mirkwood and Separatist are looking good.
Ah, and I was shooting for the Ask price, not the Bid.... good to know going forward. If it HAD been Ask price and I had been just an hour and change earlier....
thisclose.jpg
thisclose.jpg (24.57 KiB) Viewed 999 times
For the record, I said $18.05! And I quote the Ask because that's what I'd be paying to buy it.

:(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :(( :((

User avatar
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5284
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:10 pm

iWriteStuff wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:52 pm
Silver wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:12 am
Silver wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:08 pm
Thanks, Meili. My copy/paste of your Google doc doesn't look as good, but for those who don't want to click on your link...

Username Week 1
Mirkwood $17.80
Separatist $17.98
Aspietroll $18.01
Original Intent $18.08
I'LLMAKEYAFAMOUS $18.25
Onsdag $18.30
Robin Hood $18.39
EmmaLee $18.44
Mes5464 $18.60
Older/Wiser? $18.61
BeNotDeceived $20.24
Mark $49.51
$17.87 right now. Mirkwood and Separatist are looking good.
Ah, and I was shooting for the Ask price, not the Bid.... good to know going forward. If it HAD been Ask price and I had been just an hour and change earlier....
thisclose.jpg

For the record, I said $18.05! And I quote the Ask because that's what I'd be paying to buy it.
If you'll check the silver contest announcement thread ( viewtopic.php?f=39&t=45298#p777745 ), you'll see where I mentioned that we would use the Kitco price shown here: http://www.kitco.com/kitco-gold-index.html

Please play again next week.

User avatar
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9204
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:16 pm

The close is the last price a trade executed. That's going to be the bid price.

User avatar
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5284
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:13 pm

Separatist wrote:
Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:10 am
$17.98
Separatist is our winner. As found here: http://www.kitco.com/kitco-gold-index.html , the closing price this week is $17.90. Separatist was only 8 cents away. Mirkwood was a close 2nd at 10 cents off. Let's make another rule that says anybody who comes in 2nd three times without a 1st place win will also receive a free ounce of silver.

Separatist, send me your mailing address via Private Message.

Silver Contest: Week 2 (of 11) starts Monday, 24Apr2017.

User avatar
Separatist
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1114
Joined: Wed Feb 18, 2015 6:41 am

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:23 pm

$-)

I humbly accept. And in the spirit of OI, I will bow out the remaining weeks. I will not even allow my alter ego to participate.

Thanks for the silver, Silver.

And in the spirit of tithing in kind, I fully expect your very best to be sent.... ;)

I will PM you my address.

User avatar
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5284
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:27 pm

Separatist wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:23 pm
$-)

I humbly accept. And in the spirit of OI, I will bow out the remaining weeks. I will not even allow my alter ego to participate.

Thanks for the silver, Silver.

And in the spirit of tithing in kind, I fully expect your very best to be sent.... ;)

I will PM you my address.
Hey, I know all about your alter ego (and just between us, you're the smarter of the two). Wink, wink.

Don't worry about a thing. You will get the best ounce I can send you, a beautiful specimen instantly recognized around the world.

User avatar
ajax
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5649
Joined: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:02 am
Location: Pf, Texas

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:28 pm

Separatist wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:23 pm

I will not even allow my alter ego to participate.
:-T %-( ~X( X(

User avatar
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5284
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:36 pm

ajax wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:28 pm
Separatist wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:23 pm

I will not even allow my alter ego to participate.
:-T %-( ~X( X(
Quit your griping. I figure you got plenty of gold when you killed half the Trojan army.

User avatar
Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 9204
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 2:35 pm

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:49 pm

Congrats Separatist! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

And thank you again Silver for this fun contest and your generous prizes! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

User avatar
Silver
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5284
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: Silver Contest: Week 1 (of 11)

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:54 pm

Original_Intent wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:49 pm
Congrats Separatist! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:

And thank you again Silver for this fun contest and your generous prizes! :ymapplause: :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Thank you for your kind words. This is already immensely gratifying. Little ol' me is actually cornering the silver (giveaway) market on an international website. Ha!

Post Reply

LDSFF 2018 Beta

This theme is intended to be the new more mobile-friendly design for ldsfreedomforum.com. I would appreciate your feedback as you try it out.

Stand Up For Freedom - Ezra Taft BensonStand Up For Freedom is a compilation of the best Liberty related speeches from Ezra Taft Benson.

Purchase today at: Amazon or LDS Freedom Books