Construction Job Available in Wyoming

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
Sheol27
captain of 100

Construction Job Available in Wyoming

Post by Sheol27 »

A few months ago some forums members were asking if people could post jobs available that we have on the forum. If someone feels this is not appropriate for this forum let me know. I can find help else where. I just figured it would be proper to offer an opportunity among friends first.

What is the job? The position is for a general construction laborer. We are a general contractor/ developer and we contract out most of our work but we like to have a laborer or two on hand to help out with a few tasks here and there.

Pros about the position
*The work will have variety. You could be operating a forklift one hour, gluing pipe, counting materials and installing door knobs the next.
*No experience required.
*We provide housing and utilities for the worker.
*Decent fishing in the area.
*Great learning experience if you want a start in construction
*Employer has similar values
*Full time hours plus some possible overtime
*Smoking isn't allowed in the buildings
*Drug free environment

Cons about the position
*The weather can get really cold and windy and you might have to work out in it a bit (Not so bad if you know how to dress)
*Some of the work isn't glamorous and at times hard. (Digging, lifting etc) You may do a bit of clean up like picking up trash and sweeping.
*You may have to work with someone who doesn't speak the same language as you. (That implies Spanish and or lots of swear words from other contractors)
*You will have to share housing. Your room mates may get plastered now and then.

What we need from the worker
*HONESTY (We will need to secure things at the end of the day and we need someone honest)
*Someone teachable
*Hard working
*Dependable

A little more about working with us...... I've been building for the company I have been working with for 5-6 years. We have had several employees at this position. We do not discriminate but I have seen people that have spouses and children living in other states while the worker travels have a difficult time with this. However on the other hand this has really worked out well for workers that don't have families attached to them. With their housing paid and their only bills being food, vehicle and entertainment (if they have vehicle) I have seen some workers put some money away in savings and get ahead.....

What we pay? That depends. Generally speaking I have to get authorization from the main owner to approve wages but he has always worked with me. Usually if some young person comes out of high school not having worked a day in their life hires on we start them at $9 per hour. If someone has at least worked a day in their life we generally start them at $10 per hour. If someone has at least one skill to add to the table so that we aren't teaching them everything on day one we start them at $11 per hour. If someone can have people vouch for working skills and they have skill sets beneficial to us we will start people at $12-13 per hour. If someone proves to be useful and a great worker and honest we can pay $14-15 per hour. Keep in mind that we will be paying housing at this is entry level work.

Sheol27
captain of 100

Re: Construction Job Available in Wyoming

Post by Sheol27 »

Feel free to ask any questions!

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

What if the applicant doesn't like fishing?

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I was a general contractor with 20 years experience in:

Framing (residential, custom, commercial)
Footings
Foundations
Finish carpentry/banisters
Roofing
Drywall
Cabinetry
Tile
Cement/concrete finish
Grading and backfilling
Some heavy equipment
Etc

Would I qualify? :D

And I love fishing.

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

Jules wrote:What if the applicant doesn't like fishing?
I haven't fished for a few months. If that's a problem, I am in trouble.... :-o
Last edited by Sheol27 on November 8th, 2013, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

coachmarc wrote:I was a general contractor with 20 years experience in:

Footings
Foundations
Roofing
Drywall
Cabinetry
Tile
Cement/concrete finish
Grading and backfilling
Some heavy equipment
Etc

And I love fishing.
Come and take my job. Then I can leave Wyoming, lol. :))

FoxMammaWisdom
The Heretic

Post by FoxMammaWisdom »

Sheol27 wrote:
coachmarc wrote:I was a general contractor with 20 years experience in:

Footings
Foundations
Roofing
Drywall
Cabinetry
Tile
Cement/concrete finish
Grading and backfilling
Some heavy equipment
Etc

And I love fishing.
Come and take my job. Then I can leave Wyoming, lol. :))
Are you trying to move?

Sheol27
captain of 100

Post by Sheol27 »

Ha! You are asking me this right now as the winter is starting! Of course! I will be content with being in Wyoming if you ask me that as it is warming up. All joking aside the Holidays are coming and I will get time off that I haven't had for a few months and most likely I will be spending my time off in St. George. I can't complain. After the Holidays I have two good friends from other countries that will be coming to help me on the job for a few months. (I am waiting for their paperwork to get done) That's a plus! These guys that are coming are hilarious!!! If someone hires on here they will probably die of laughter especially from the one that lives on the Brazilian/ Uruguayan border!
So in the end I would not really even think of leaving at this time. My bosses have been good to me and I will have the best crew I have had so what could I trade that for?