A Service Opportunity (Someone needs Hay)

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
jdawg1012
captain of 1,000

A Service Opportunity (Someone needs Hay)

Post by jdawg1012 »

Hi Everybody,

I know of someone in need of some hay (grass preferred and/or alfalfa, he's not picky, weeds or no weeds, either is ok, I think). Not a lot, maybe a ton or so, for the winter. This is in the Cache Valley/Preston area. If you live in Northern Utah, and would be willing to donate any, it would help.

Last winter a man in the area had several horses die, and then was charged with animal neglect, because he ran out of hay for his horses. In the paper everyone commented about how if he had only asked, that lots of people would have been willing to donate hay, to keep the tragedy from happening. I don't know if this is true or not, but I'm willing to put it to the test.

If you, or someone you know, is willing to give away any hay, even just one or a few small bales, and lives near Logan, my friend could use them. If it's really far from Logan/Preston, the gas used would not cover the cost unless it is more than one small bale. He does not have the means to transfer large bales, but if you're generous enough to have one you're willing to give away, by all means, he may be able to work out some help to move it (I'll talk to him if that ends up being the case).

He doesn't have any money to pay you, so this would be an act of service/compassion. He works 6 days a week right now, but is generally free most weeknights, but almost not at all on the weekends.

If you think that you may be of help, you can post here or PM me, and we will work out contact information via e-mail. I have asked a few people around town for him, but no one has any left (this was a drier year). I know it's a long shot, but maybe someone out there has some. If not, feel free to keep him in your prayers, his name is William.

Thanks!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: A Service Opportunity (Someone needs Hay)

Post by marc »

I live in Brigham City. I'll keep an eye out for you. I know quite a few people in the area.

jdawg1012
captain of 1,000

Post by jdawg1012 »

coachmarc wrote:I live in Brigham City. I'll keep an eye out for you. I know quite a few people in the area.
Thanks Marc. I do know that he does have a truck, but it's a small one and older, so I don't know how much it can haul in one go (it's bed is maybe 4x4 or so, I'd guess), if that information is pertinent. In any event, I'll let him know that you're on the lookout, I'm sure he'll appreciate it.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I have a full size F-350, but I just need to get the tags renewed. If I can help, I'll haul the hay down to him.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

jdawg1012 wrote: Last winter a man in the area had several horses die, and then was charged with animal neglect, because he ran out of hay for his horses. In the paper everyone commented about how if he had only asked, that lots of people would have been willing to donate hay, to keep the tragedy from happening. I don't know if this is true or not, but I'm willing to put it to the test.
feel free to keep him in your prayers, his name is William.

Thanks!
God bless William and his horses. Grass cuttings from lawns would also be of assistance. Animal welfare agencies are known for adding to human misery and financial burdens by imposing legal charges and fines. In most cases they care more for financial gain than welfare of animals, and have no compassion or care for humans.