Third Time's The Charm guess the price of Silver to win Titanium contest LB#4 Florida's Achilles Heel.

Do you have something to sell/giveaway? A Business you want to let us know about? Found any good deals? Post them here.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Third Time's The Charm guess the price of Silver to win Titanium contest LB#4 Florida's Achilles Heel.

Post by BeNotDeceived »

This thread will go until someone racks up three charm's. The Rules, pics and stuff all remain the same. Silver, Gilgal, and iWriteStuff have each won 1 pound, so there are two more pounds waiting to be won.

Looking up Titanium type stuff I came across this video:

Which connected with
Church purchases 2% of the state of Florida wrote:
friendsofthe wrote: May 15th, 2015, 9:00 am Considering that the dollar my soon be worthless, this purchase of land my be wise indeed!
http://rt.com/usa/mormon-church-florida ... llion-459/
There is a lot of good conversation in that thread, and sustainable energy remains Florida's Achilles Heel.

Titanium is still the metal of choice, for the large heat exchangers needed for Ocean Thermal Energy Conversion. The first video is about harnessing ocean currents, and this next one does a good job of showing how they work.
Florida Atlantic University wrote:
... Early results have revealed that the cold water at the bottom of the Florida Straits is also present on the bathymetric feature known as the Miami Terrace, which means that from about North Miami to Boca Raton there is a cold-water reservoir close to shore and about 200 m deep.

This makes the potential for OTEC implementation in Florida all the more attractive.

Here are some upcoming events as commercialization stage begins. :D
5th International OTEC Symposium wrote:
The 5th International OTEC Symposium will be held at the beautiful island of La Réunion, from 7th to 9th November 2017.
9th Caribbean Renewable Energy Forum OCTOBER 18-20, 2017 JW MARRIOTT MARQUIS MIAMI, FLORIDA

And here Dr. Hans explains his cool design for floating OTEC that could cruise the equator until needed to Neutralize Hurricanes and reinvigorate the sterile oceans. :P

Hopefully developments will happen in time. :?:

Good luck everyone. The deadline is 12 noon on Thursday Texas Time. :mrgreen:

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Re: Third Time's The Charm guess the price of Silver to win Titanium contest LB#4 Florida's Achilles Heel.

Post by iWriteStuff »

Got my lovely Ti in the mail today! My twins stole the two one ounce pieces but they let Daddy keep the pound! I figure they can start their collection early!

gilgal
captain of 10

Re: Third Time's The Charm guess the price of Silver to win Titanium contest LB#4 Florida's Achilles Heel.

Post by gilgal »

Mine came today too. It looked like customs opened it up, the inner bag was open and the box looked like it had been opened in route, everything was there though. Thanks for the Ti, BeNotDeceived!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

iWriteStuff wrote: October 12th, 2017, 7:30 pm Got my lovely Ti in the mail today! My twins stole the two one ounce pieces but they let Daddy keep the pound! I figure they can start their collection early!
On eBay, Ti round 1lb ingots have quadrupled in price. 8-)

iWriteStuff
blithering blabbermouth

Post by iWriteStuff »

BeNotDeceived wrote: September 25th, 2020, 11:34 pm
iWriteStuff wrote: October 12th, 2017, 7:30 pm Got my lovely Ti in the mail today! My twins stole the two one ounce pieces but they let Daddy keep the pound! I figure they can start their collection early!
On eBay, Ti round 1lb ingots have quadrupled in price. 8-)
FWIW, I still have those on my desk. The one ouncer is kind of a fidget thing for me now, and the several pound pucks act as paper weights.