LDSFF and 50 first dates

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
linj2fly
captain of 1,000

LDSFF and 50 first dates

Post by linj2fly »

What do we have in common with 50 first dates?

MR vs RP/3rd party; voting priorities, etc.

I swear the same arguments have been recycled over and over and over and over and over again. It really feels like 50 first dates when yet another topic gets started that is destined (or perhaps, designed) to follow the same line of postings.

I appreciate those that have taken the time to explain why they are voting for whomever they have chosen. I respect you for that--that includes those who are choosing differently than me. I think most have, at one time or another, acknowledged the weaknesses in their chosen candidates, and that our differences boil down to how we prioritize our values when it comes to voting. We just end up re-hashing these different priorities over and over again.

Like the Bronco Bama girl, this whole thing can be upsetting and I'm pining for the end. And (mostly likey) like the Bronco Bama girl, I've been over-exposed. I need to unplug...

Hope you guys have a great weekend!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OjrthOPLAKM
Last edited by linj2fly on November 6th, 2012, 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fairminded
captain of 1,000

Re: LDSFF and 50 first dates

Post by Fairminded »

There's only so much to talk about, then you have to start recycling material. Add that to newcomers who jump into topics without seeing if discussions are already in progress about the topic, trolls who find hot button topics and say the most outrageous things they can think of, and there you go.

Oh well, at least it's better than your usual brand of forums, where the posts are on the level of "l2spell" and "lolumad?"