Let's vote right now.

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.

Who are you voting for on November 7th? This poll is running for 40 days, starting Sept, 27, 2012.

Poll ended at November 6th, 2012, 1:18 pm

Mitt Romney
38%
Barack Obama
3%
Independent
40%
Not Voting
20%

Total votes: 40
britjas
captain of 100

Let's vote right now.

Post by britjas »

Who ya voting for?

SmallFarm
captain of 1,000

Re: Let's vote right now.

Post by SmallFarm »

As it stands right now, and barring being inspired to vote for Mitt Romney, I will not be casting my vote for any presidential candidate. I will be voting in local elections though.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

You can tell by my avatar who I'm voting for. However, let the LDSFF group know who you are voting for any why. If you're not voting for President, let us know why. I read an article recently that between 35-45% of voters are currently dissatisfied with the two party system which is why I'm interested in the results of this poll.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I expect to vote for the Constitution Party candidate, Virgil Goode, because he has espoused all or nearly all of the principles of the Constitution Party, and has explained to my satisfaction his reasons for the switch he has made from the Republican Party to the Constitution Party and its principles.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

I saw him on CSPAN awhile back. Pretty good man. He even admitted he made some bad mistakes as far as the Constitution, but flipped recently in his views once he started figuring things out.

Kaarno
captain of 100

Post by Kaarno »

I hate to say it, and am putting up my flame shields now.

But in a two party system, such as we have, if you don't vote for one of the big 2 you are tossing your vote out the window. I believe that until a major change in public view, which is under way, voting for the constitutional or independent member you are only taking votes away from the "conservative" candidate and giving it to the Obama. Which I think is worse than voting for Romney. If you refuse to vote then I don't want to hear ya complaining about what the next president, or other federally elected official does. You gave up that right when you refused to vote.

Again my opinion.

Much Love

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

I used to believe that until I read a couple of comments, one mentioning Ezra Taft Benson indirectly and another from Hyrum Smith

"When I was at Ricks College in 1972, President Harold B. Lee came to talk to us in October, just before that years election. he talked about many things, then he talked about the election, America, etc., and said this: “Before you vote study out the candidates and the issues and make a decision as to who you want to vote for. Then, get down on your knees and pray for a confirmation that your decision is the correct one.” I have done this many times and as I have walked to the polls, actually changed my mind because of inspiration on who I would vote for.

"Consider also, if you vote for what is correct principle, is your vote ever wasted? I remember when I was at Ricks College, President of the Student Senate. I was able travel to Salt Lake to meet with Pres. Ezra Taft Benson. …

"At this time, as we were talking, President Benson interrupted me and said this: “Mike, if you vote for the lesser of two evils you are still voting for evil and you will be judged for it. You should always vote for the best possible candidate, whether they have a chance of winning or not, and then, even if the worst possible candidate wins, the Lord will bless our country more because more people were
willing to stand up for what is right.“ "

But we have been told how to decide whom to vote for.
"May we be wise–prayerfully wise–in the electing of those who would lead us. May we select only those who understand and will adhere to constitutional principles. To do so, we need to understand these principles ourselves.....We should understand the Constitution as the founders meant that it should be understood. We can do this by reading their words about it, such as those contained in the Federalist Papers. Such understanding is essential it we are to preserve what God has given us."
(Ezra Taft Benson, April 1976 General Conference)

“We engage in the election the same as in any other principle; you are to vote for good men, and if you do not do this it is a sin; to vote for wicked men, it would be sin . Choose the good and refuse the evil. Men of false principles have preyed upon us like wolves upon helpless lambs.…. Let every man use his liberties according to the Constitution. Don’t fear man or devil; electioneer with all people, male and female, and exhort them to do the thing that is right. We want a President of the United States, not a party President, but a President of the whole people…and…. Have a President who will maintain every man in his rights .” (Hyrum Smith, 1844, DHC-6:323

Just something to think and pray about.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

Looks like the Independent Party is holding to the trend so far. I hope there will be a much larger sample done before the election, however.

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

As an American I always want to be sure that I vote for the very best candidate who will benefit America in his four-year term.

So, after fasting and praying, and really doing a lot of research (in front of my television set) I have decided which candidate I'm gonna vote for this election.

I'll let you figure it out. Here are some hints.

He supports or has supported TARP, the NDAA, big banks, bailouts, gay marriage, expanding foreign wars, policing the world, pre-emptive attacks on other nations, printing more money to get out of debt (aka Quantitative Easing), big government solutions, attacking the 2nd amendment, the Patriot Act, government meddling in the health care industry, cap and trade, the Federal Reserve, Ben Bernanke, and he is bankrolling his campaign through Goldman Sachs.

Any guesses as to which candidate I am voting for?

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

No votes for a few days. Just putting this near the top to see if there are some that don't see the poll.

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

I wanna see a poll:

Who will you be voting for?

Ron Paul
Gary Johnson

That's it, no other choices.

dauchande
Hi, I'm new.

Post by dauchande »

Gary Johnson for me. (Wish I could vote for Ron, but he's not on the ballet)
LDSguy wrote:I wanna see a poll:

Who will you be voting for?

Ron Paul
Gary Johnson

That's it, no other choices.

dauchande
Hi, I'm new.

Post by dauchande »

I've liked the Constitution Party's platform in the past, but Virgil supports the drug war at the Federal level, something I cannot support.
lundbaek wrote:I expect to vote for the Constitution Party candidate, Virgil Goode, because he has espoused all or nearly all of the principles of the Constitution Party, and has explained to my satisfaction his reasons for the switch he has made from the Republican Party to the Constitution Party and its principles.

britjas
captain of 100

Post by britjas »

With all of that studying and praying in front of the TV ( the plug in drug ), does this mean you're voting for the lesser of two evils to support Romney?

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

britjas wrote:With all of that studying and praying in front of the TV ( the plug in drug ), does this mean you're voting for the lesser of two evils to support Romney?

=)) never!! I've read Mosiah 29 and D&C 134, and applied those chapters to the candidates. Mitt doesn't pass muster.

Harold B. Lee on voting in the church.

"All through the last political campaign they were saying, “Why doesn’t the Church tell us how we should vote?” If the Church had done that, we would have a lot of Democrats or Republicans who would have wanted to apostatize. We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers and magistrates. We are told to obey the laws of God and we will have no need to break the laws of the land. When they would ask me who to vote for in the coming election, I would tell them to read Mosiah 29 and Section 134 of the Doctrine and Covenants, pray about that, and any Latter-day Saint could know who to vote for in any given election. It is just as simple as that."

—Harold B. Lee, "Doing the Right Things for the Right Reasons," BYU, April 19, 1961

uglypitbull
captain of 1,000

Post by uglypitbull »

LDSguy
captain of 100

Post by LDSguy »

Undecided wasn't an option in the poll above, but I'm pretty sure nobody in here is undecided. They may not vote, but I don't think anyone really truly is considering Obama over Romney or vice versa. It doesn't matter, might as well vote for George W Bush, youll get the same result.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Voting because its a commandment and a duty as a citizen of this nation.

Mitt Romney - 1) He's an actual candidate; 2) Hope - because he's been taught correct principles; 3) Pretty much all the of them have one spin or another and ultimately nearly all work for the dark side (like sith lord Ron Paul) proposing no real solutions (correct principles) but only more wickedness; 4) It ultimately falls on the people thus the HOPE that when stimulus for repentance arrives that there will be someone who can properly respond to that (otherwise it does that one man no benefit to preach to unwilling ears nor will it get him elected - in a position to be of later service).

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Legion wrote:Voting because its a commandment and a duty as a citizen of this nation.

Mitt Romney - 1) He's an actual candidate; 2) Hope - because he's been taught correct principles; 3) Pretty much all the of them have one spin or another and ultimately nearly all work for the dark side (like sith lord Ron Paul) proposing no real solutions (correct principles) but only more wickedness; 4) It ultimately falls on the people thus the HOPE that when stimulus for repentance arrives that there will be someone who can properly respond to that (otherwise it does that one man no benefit to preach to unwilling ears nor will it get him elected - in a position to be of later service).
This country will be a free land or we will be swept off. Romney endorses the NDAA. Because Romney has been taught correct principles and will not abide by them, he is all the more dangerous to us.

He is in the grasp of the Gadiatons. No Gadianton will save us nor will forcing morality on the people. Babylon's day is done.

If you are looking for Sith Lords look in places of power. Ron Paul has none. Not that I care for Ron Paul that much but I think you are really going overboard on a nobody.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Thomas wrote:
Legion wrote:Voting because its a commandment and a duty as a citizen of this nation.

This country will be a free land or we will be swept off. Romney endorses the NDAA. Because Romney has been taught correct principles and will not abide by them, he is all the more dangerous to us.

He is in the grasp of the Gadiatons. No Gadianton will save us nor will forcing morality on the people. Babylon's day is done.

If you are looking for Sith Lords look in places of power. Ron Paul has none. Not that I care for Ron Paul that much but I think you are really going overboard on a nobody.
Well they are all liars (or double agents to one degree or another). I'm hoping Mitt is lying to them and not to me. To each their own on it. I'll be the first to admit that its a long shot based entirely upon HOPE (i.e. multiple choice Mitt) -
http://www.multiplechoicemitt.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And yes the reality is it falls upon the people and not one teleprompter reader.....and the real TRUTH is the power is in Congress via all of our elected representatives. They created the Federal Reserve and they have the power to kill it. Of course that requires that everyone get off their ignorant dead behinds and push them into it (or get them out if they won't). In the meantime its either not discussed or we are side tracked by talking heads ranting about stupid audits that will never happen...sold alternative solutions that would give the bankers even more power.

Ron Paul is a sith lord. Giving the pretense of being for the people and liberty all while he stabs them in the back with more private banking. 95% truth with a 5% lie. Claiming to represent the little guy and be against big government all while he stuffs his constituents with pork...in other words just another insider with a marketing niche. Play out the acting charade on the stage while shaking hands behind the curtain....

Quite frankly...in order to play in the current political game with this group of wicked people....I don't know how you could possibly be a serious candidate without being a liar??? So to each their own in their liar of choice....

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Legion wrote:
Thomas wrote:

Well they are all liars (or double agents to one degree or another). I'm hoping Mitt is lying to them and not to me. To each their own on it. I'll be the first to admit that its a long shot based entirely upon HOPE (i.e. multiple choice Mitt) -
http://www.multiplechoicemitt.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And yes the reality is it falls upon the people and not one teleprompter reader.....and the real TRUTH is the power is in Congress via all of our elected representatives. They created the Federal Reserve and they have the power to kill it. Of course that requires that everyone get off their ignorant dead behinds and push them into it (or get them out if they won't). In the meantime its either not discussed or we are side tracked by talking heads ranting about stupid audits that will never happen...sold alternative solutions that would give the bankers even more power.

Ron Paul is a sith lord. Giving the pretense of being for the people and liberty all while he stabs them in the back with more private banking. 95% truth with a 5% lie. Claiming to represent the little guy and be big government all while he stuffs his constituents with pork...
Never been a big fan of a long term politican. I know you feel burned by him, but he is really a nobody. If he was is bed with the major players , he would have got mainstream press to back up his grass roots appeal and would have went somewhere.

Congress will not kill the Fed. The Fed and congress are in bed with each other. The Fed provides the money to the party bosses , through different sources, and congress rolls over and plays dead.

But here's the question: Who does the Fed answer to and what are their long term goals? I have some Idea about this and I don't think they are satifisfied with the same old thing.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Thomas wrote:

Thomas wrote:
Legion wrote:Well they are all liars (or double agents to one degree or another). I'm hoping Mitt is lying to them and not to me. To each their own on it. I'll be the first to admit that its a long shot based entirely upon HOPE (i.e. multiple choice Mitt) -

Ron Paul is a sith lord. Giving the pretense of being for the people and liberty all while he stabs them in the back with more private banking. 95% truth with a 5% lie. Claiming to represent the little guy and be big government all while he stuffs his constituents with pork...
Never been a big fan of a long term politican. I know you feel burned by him, but he is really a nobody. If he was is bed with the major players , he would have got mainstream press to back up his grass roots appeal and would have went somewhere.

Congress will not kill the Fed. The Fed and congress are in bed with each other. The Fed provides the money to the party bosses , through different sources, and congress rolls over and plays dead.

But here's the question: Who does the Fed answer to and what are their long term goals? I have some Idea about this and I don't think they are satifisfied with the same old thing.
LOL...keep telling yourself that. There is a reason Ron has been around as long as he as. A reason they've funneled so much money into the libertarian philosophy and movement. Changes are coming and they are trying to control the change and direct it where they want it. Nothing in politics is done by accident. Ron Paul gets tons of press. If they didn't play it the way they do....he wouldn't have the marketing niche that he needs. Libertarianism isn't going way and is only getting stronger as they acquire more brainwashed fools. Its the end run around God while claiming to be following principles (similar to and overlapping with new age religion)....all while accomplishing the goals of their banking masters. Out to destroy government (the state) which is the only thing standing between the people and complete dictatorship via control over money. Ron Paul is one of the primary tools in that marketing arsenal right now. I personally think he's been very successful with his "educational" approach. To each their own opinion on it though....

Well Congress is the only way it can be taken back. Without civil war that is. Of course Congress is still chosen by the people and thus a reflection of the people. That is where the change ultimately must take place. The people must repent and serve God (not some stateless godless utopian dictatorship) or we'll all be destroyed.

Fed answers to the private shareholders of the banks. Some claim to have it traced down to handful of people (less than 8 men). Ultimately I believe they serve the devil. I believe that debt is the pit they have dug that will ultimately take them down. To each their own on respective opinions though as we all have our various viewpoints. Its a murky black box world as you try to see through circle after circle of layered control.....

gr8ideas
captain of 100

Post by gr8ideas »

I absolutely will not vote for a Communist. Anyone else is fine.

Thomas
captain of 1,000

Post by Thomas »

Legion wrote: Ultimately I believe they serve the devil.
My thoughts exactly. Those who serve him are found among all people, all lands.
20 And now I, Moroni, do not write the manner of their oaths and combinations, for it hath been made known unto me that they are had among all people, and they are had among the Lamanites.

Wherever you find worldly power and money, you will find those who serve him. We also know what their motive is.
25 For it cometh to pass that whoso buildeth it up seeketh to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries; and it bringeth to pass the destruction of all people, for it is built up by the devil, who is the father of all lies; even that same liar who beguiled our first parents, yea, even that same liar who hath caused man to commit murder from the beginning; who hath hardened the hearts of men that they have murdered the prophets, and stoned them, and cast them out from the beginning.
They wish to kill us all. Money is not enough nor will the power money gives them satisfy any longer. The money is a means to an end. All hell will break loose. Ron Paul is not what their game plan is. Gold and money they have already. War and total enslavemnet is their goal.

They wish to crush the economy and take people's savings. That's why I believe the hyper-inflation senario. Herd people into camps because they are rioting for food. Bomb Iran and start WWIII. That's what will go down.

Control of the political system is said and done. Repentance will come after this, for the very few left.

Jason
Master of Puppets

Post by Jason »

Thomas wrote:
Legion wrote: Ultimately I believe they serve the devil.
My thoughts exactly. Those who serve him are found among all people, all lands.
20 And now I, Moroni, do not write the manner of their oaths and combinations, for it hath been made known unto me that they are had among all people, and they are had among the Lamanites.

Wherever you find worldly power and money, you will find those who serve him. We also know what their motive is.
25 For it cometh to pass that whoso buildeth it up seeketh to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries; and it bringeth to pass the destruction of all people, for it is built up by the devil, who is the father of all lies; even that same liar who beguiled our first parents, yea, even that same liar who hath caused man to commit murder from the beginning; who hath hardened the hearts of men that they have murdered the prophets, and stoned them, and cast them out from the beginning.
They wish to kill us all. Money is not enough nor will the power money gives them satisfy any longer. The money is a means to an end. All hell will break loose. Ron Paul is not what their game plan is. Gold and money they have already. War and total enslavemnet is their goal.

They wish to crush the economy and take people's savings. That's why I believe the hyper-inflation senario. Herd people into camps because they are rioting for food. Bomb Iran and start WWIII. That's what will go down.

Control of the political system is said and done. Repentance will come after this, for the very few left.
The history of money shows that gold has been and likely will continue to be a tool in their arsenal for monetary enslavement. Actually Ron Paul's monetary policy dovetails in exactly with their game plan. The proof is here -

Money and the coming World Order
http://www.thegoldstandardnow.org/image ... -Order.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

as well as documented here -
The powers of financial capitalism had another far-reaching aim, nothing less than to create a world system of financial control in private hands able to dominate the political system of each country and the economy of the world as a whole. This system was to be controlled in a feudalist fashion by the central banks of the world acting in concert, by secret agreements arrived at in frequent meetings and conferences.
- Carroll Quigley

The libertarian philosophy is designed to create a feudalist society. No governments or states (united groups of people) to oppose them.
Then with that enmity I will take the treasure of the earth, and with gold and silver I will buy up armies and navies, Popes and false priests who oppress, and tyrants who destroy, and reign with blood and horror on the earth!
- adversary
A piece appeared in the press noting that businessmen are insisting with increasing zeal on searching the minds and the hearts of their employees by means of polygraph tests. If any arm of government30 were to go so far, they would be met by horrified protests at this vicious attack on individual freedom, and rightly so. What is it that gives ordinary businessmen a power greater than that of the government? It is the capacity for giving or withholding money—nothing else in the world. This is the weapon that Satan chose from the beginning to place him and his plans beyond politics, and it has worked with deadly effect. There is only one thing in man's world that can offer any check on the unlimited power of money—and that is government. That is why money always accuses government of trying to destroy free agency, when the great enslaver has always been money itself.
- Hugh Nibley
http://maxwellinstitute.byu.edu/publica ... ts/?id=162" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ron Paul's monetary recommendation is in complete disagreement with one of the brightest founding fathers.....Why???
I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a monied aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs.
- Thomas Jefferson

That would be Article 1 Section 8 of the Constitution...
Article 1, Section 8 (Powers of Congress - i.e. representatives of the people):

To coin Money, regulate the Value thereof, and of foreign Coin, and fix the Standard of Weights and Measures
http://www.usconstitution.net/xconst_A1Sec8.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The bankers could not wrest control of the issuance of money from the citizens of the United States, to whom it had been designated through its Congress by the Constitution, until the Congress granted them their monopoly for a central bank.
http://iamthewitness.com/books/Eustace% ... eserve.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.
- Thomas Jefferson
I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together at the White House, with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone.

- Remarks at dinner honoring Nobel Prize winners of the Western Hemisphere on 4/29/62 by JFK
http://www.jfklibrary.org/Research/Read ... tions.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Paul supports legalization of parallel currencies, such as gold-backed notes issued from private markets and digital gold currencies.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_ ... f_Ron_Paul" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Plan To Return America To the Gold Standard Set To Be Offered at Washington
http://www.nysun.com/national/plan-to-r ... set/87495/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The ultimate solution will only come with the rejection of fiat money worldwide, and a restoration of commodity money. Commodity money if voluntarily and universally accepted could give us a single world currency requiring no money managers, no manipulators orchestrating a man-made business cycle with rampant price inflation.
— Ron Paul, Congressional Record, March 13, 2001
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2dH3_Lcf ... r_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

That statement included one of the most blatant lies ever captured on Congressional Records. We've had commodity money in the past and it has been subject to manipulation to create booms and busts. That is a historical fact. So why the lie and propaganda for this particular utopian dream??? What master(s) does he serve?
The London gold fixing or gold fix is the procedure by which the price of gold is determined twice each business day on the London market by the five members of The London Gold Market Fixing Ltd, on the premises of N M Rothschild & Sons. It is designed to fix a price for settling contracts between members of the London bullion market, but informally the gold fixing provides a recognized rate that is used as a benchmark for pricing the majority of gold products and derivatives throughout the world's markets. The gold fix is conducted in United States dollars (US$), Pound sterling (GBP), and the euro (€) daily at 10.30am and 3pm, London time, via a dedicated telephone conference facility.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_fixing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
On the 12th September 1919 at 11.00am the first Gold Fixing took place.

The original five founding members were: N M Rothschild & Sons; Mocatta & Goldsmid; Samuel Montagu & Co.; Pixley & Abell; and Sharps & Wilkins.

For over 80 years we have been fixing the price of gold providing market users with the opportunity to buy and sell gold at a single quoted price. It also provides a published benchmark price that is widely used as a pricing medium by producers, consumers, investors and central banks.

The fix is carried out twice a day by the 5 members via a dedicated conference call facility.
http://www.goldfixing.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Gold Fixings
http://www.lbma.org.uk/pages/index.cfm? ... ld_fixings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The first Silver Fixing took place in 1897 at the office of Sharps & Wilkins.

For over 110 years we have been fixing the price of silver providing market users with the opportunity to buy and sell silver at a single quoted price. It also provides a published benchmark price that is widely used as a pricing medium by producers, consumers and investors.

The fix is carried out once a day at 12 noon by the 3 members via telephone conference.
http://www.silverfixing.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Silver Fixings
http://www.lbma.org.uk/pages/index.cfm? ... er_fixings" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The London bullion market is a wholesale over-the-counter market for the trading of gold and silver. Trading is conducted amongst members of the London Bullion Market Association (LBMA), loosely overseen by the Bank of England. Most of the members are major international banks or bullion dealers and refiners.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_bullion_market" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The control over Federal Reserve System decisions is also founded in another unique situation. Each day, representatives of four other London banking firms meet in the offices of N.M. Rothschild Company in London to fix the price of gold for that day. The other four bankers are from Samuel Montagu Company, which ranks Number 5 on the list of seventeen London merchant banking firms, Sharps Pixley, Johnson Matheson, and Mocatta and Goldsmid.

Despite the huge tide of paper pyramided currency and notes which are now flooding the world, at some point, every credit extension must return to be based, in however minuscule a fashion, on some deposit of gold in some bank somewhere in the world. Because of this factor, the London merchant bankers, with their power to set the price of gold each day, become the final arbiters of the volume of money and the price of money in those countries which must bow to their power. Not the least of these is the United States. No official of the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, or of the Federal Reserve Board of Governors, can command the power over the money of the world which is held by these London merchant bankers. Great Britain, while waning in political and military power, today exercises the greatest financial power. It is for this reason that London is the present financial center of the world.
http://iamthewitness.com/books/Eustace% ... eserve.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Exclusive: The Bank Of England Engaged In Flagrant Gold Manipulation In The Interwar Period Via The New York Fed; Does History Repeat Itself?
http://www.zerohedge.com/article/exclus ... -fed-does-" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Gold Standard and the Great Depression
http://isites.harvard.edu/fs/docs/icb.t ... ngreen.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
But Napoleon decided that France had to break free of debt and he never trusted the Bank of France. He declared that when a government is dependent upon bankers for money, the bankers, not the leaders of the government, are in control.

Napoleon Bonaparte: "The hand that gives is above the hand that takes. Money has no motherland; financiers are without patriotism and without decency: their sole object is gain."

Lincoln understood who is really pulling the strings and what was at stake for the American people. This is how he explained his rationale: "The Government should create, issue and circulate all the currency and credit needed to satisfy the spending power of the Government and the buying power of the consumers.

The privilege of creating and issuing money is not only the supreme prerogative of Government, but is the Government’s greatest creative opportunity. By the adoption of these principles... the taxpayers will be saved immense sums of interest. Money will cease to be master and become the servant of humanity." Abraham Lincoln

A truly incredible editorial in the Times of London explained the central bankers’ attitude towards the greenbacks: "If this mischievous financial policy, which has its origin in North America, shall become endurated down to a fixture, then that Government will furnish its own money without cost. It will pay off debts and be without debt. It will have all the money necessary to carry on its commerce. It will become prosperous without precedent in the history of the world. The brains, and wealth of all countries will go to North America. That country must be destroyed or it will destroy every monarchy on the globe." Times of London

Lincoln was re-elected the next year, 1864. Had he lived, he would surely have killed the National Bank’s money monopoly extracted from him during the war. On November 21, 1864, he wrote a friend the following: "The money power preys upon the nation in times of peace and conspires against it in times of adversity. It is more despotic than monarchy, more insolent than autocracy, more selfish than bureaucracy."
Shortly before Lincoln was murdered, his former Secretary of Treasury, Salmon P. Chase, bemoaned his role in helping secure the passage of the National Banking Act only one year earlier: "My agency in promoting the passage of the National Banking Act was the greatest financial mistake in my life. It has built up a monopoly which affects every interest in the country." Salmon P. Chase

On April 14th, 1865, 41 days after his second inauguration and 5 days after Lee surrendered to Grant at Appomattox, Lincoln was shot by John Wilkes Booth at Ford's Theatre.

Bismarck, chancellor of Germany, lamented the death of Abraham Lincoln: "The death of Lincoln was a disaster for Christendom. There was no man in the United States great enough to wear his boots.... I fear that foreign bankers with their craftiness and tortuous tricks, will entirely corrupt the exuberant riches of America, and use it systematically to corrupt modern civilization. They will not hesitate to plunge the whole of Christendom into wars and chaos in order that the earth should become their inheritance." Otto von Bismarck

The article quoted McGeer is saying: "They were the men interested in the establishment of the Gold Standard money system and the right of bankers to manage the currency and credit of every nation in the world. With Lincoln out of the way, they were able to proceed with that plan and did proceed with it in the United States. Within 8 years of Lincoln's assassination silver was demonetised and the Gold Standard money system set up in the United States."

Not since Lincoln has the U.S. issued debt free U.S. notes.
http://s6.zetaboards.com/Bill_Still_Ref ... 8826770/1/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The Libertarian rant fest on Lincoln make sense???

Sorry about the epistle....if I didn't care I wouldn't bother. Hopefully its not time wasted and is value added!