2012 Elections

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
Andrew52
captain of 100

Re: 2012 Elections

Post by Andrew52 »

George Alabaster wrote:
SARAH Ward wrote:http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/seal-z ... de=107E1-1

Former SEAL Team Six commander Ryan Zinke is blasting President Barack Obama’s apparent willingness to cut defense spending...
SARAH Ward,

You have to wonder if the Navy needed the budget increased so badly, why didn't they say so? Obama is simply following the recommendations of the Navy. I have to wonder if this criticism is politically motivated, many of our special forces , heroes though they are, are also right wing ideologues. (So is everyone over at Newsmax).
Just like Obama helped the embassy's who asked for help?

George Alabaster
captain of 100

Post by George Alabaster »

Andrew52 wrote:
George Alabaster wrote:
SARAH Ward wrote:http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/seal-z ... de=107E1-1

Former SEAL Team Six commander Ryan Zinke is blasting President Barack Obama’s apparent willingness to cut defense spending...
SARAH Ward,

You have to wonder if the Navy needed the budget increased so badly, why didn't they say so? Obama is simply following the recommendations of the Navy. I have to wonder if this criticism is politically motivated, many of our special forces , heroes though they are, are also right wing ideologues. (So is everyone over at Newsmax).
Just like Obama helped the embassy's who asked for help?
Andrew,
No embassies of ours were attacked. It was a consulate, by definition a smaller venue. It is far from certain if more security personnel would have made a difference. Remember Beirut, 1983? Ronald Reagan was president and I remember it well. More than 200 dead. The Marines were not allowed to carry loaded weapons, and 4 months later we were out of there. Reagan appointed a commission to investigate the attack and they blamed senior military officials. I don't know what all your political views are, but I suspect that you still hold Reagan in high regard. Maybe show a little of that understanding towards our current president.

We should be lucky that there weren't more Americans there to be killed or to become a desirable target.

George

Andrew52
captain of 100

Post by Andrew52 »

By Ken Dilanian Tribune Washington Bureaudailycamera.com
Posted: 09/28/2012 11:24:31 PM MDT
September 29, 2012 5:27 AM GMTUpdated: 09/28/2012 11:26:22 PM MDT

The lethal attack on the U.S. Consulate in eastern Libya was "a deliberate and organized terrorist attack carried out by extremists" linked to al-Qaida and did not stem from a spontaneous riot as first believed, a spokesman for the director of national intelligence said Friday.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... KdMrk_lrEQ#" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;!

Mitt rejects same sex parenthood

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Mitt also rejects or ignores certain principles of the US Constitution.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

15 percent of registered voters nationwide have already voted early, and Mitt Romney has a wide lead among early voters, 52 to 45 percent. That closely tracks with his 51-46 lead in the national Gallup poll. Also, a slightly higher percentage of Romney voters indicated they have either already voted, or plan to vote early (2 percent and 1 percent more, respectively) and 4 percent more Republicans have voted early. The total percentage of early voters is roughly comparable to what it was in 2008.

This is not at all consistent with the story peddled by Obama-friendly media outlets for the past few weeks. Reading from Obama campaign press releases, they’ve been insisting Obama has a big lead among early voters, and a massive surge of early votes has been flooding in. There’s a very specific reason for pushing that narrative: it’s supposed to offset the despair among Obama’s base as they watch the best national polling outfits track a powerful shift of momentum in Romney’s favor, giving him a solid lead. In reality, there are about as many early voters as last time, and nationally they appear to favour Romney.

George Alabaster
captain of 100

SARAH Ward wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... KdMrk_lrEQ#!

Mitt rejects same sex parenthood
My word, what a rude and inconsiderate person (Mitt, not you SARAH Ward)! Even if you don't agree with gay marriage, to not even know that they have families is just ignorant.

-George

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

President Obama said voting is the best revenge. Mitt Romney asked supporters to vote for love of country. This Tuesday, what will be your reason for voting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShdiYQ1 ... r_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

2012 Elections

Post by Elizabeth »

Tomorrow is Election Day. These last few months, I've watched our campaign become a nationwide movement.

It's not just the size of the crowds -- it's the depth of our shared conviction, the readiness for new possibilities, and the belief that we can do better than we've done these past four years.

I am asking for your vote tomorrow -- because it matters for your family and our country's future.

Throughout my life, I've led turnarounds of every kind. I pledge that Paul Ryan and I will bring real change to America from Day One. We have a plan that will deliver a real recovery.

Our children will graduate into exciting careers that are worthy of their qualifications. Our seniors will be confident that their retirement is secure. Americans will have good jobs, good pay, and good benefits. Our veterans will come home to a bright future. We will have confidence that our lives are safe and our livelihoods are secure.

If you are ready for that kind of change -- if you want this to be a turning point in America's course -- join us and vote Tuesday for the kind of leadership that these times demand.

This is the most important election of our lifetime -- and every vote counts. If you have any questions about where to vote, please visit our website... we have to win this for America -- and with your vote, we will. We are hours away from the better future America deserves.

Thank you,

Mitt Romney

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I'd feel much better if we had a president who understood and would adhere to the principles of the US Constitution as the Lord intended it to be understood.

George Alabaster
captain of 100

SARAH Ward wrote:President Obama said voting is the best revenge. Mitt Romney asked supporters to vote for love of country. This Tuesday, what will be your reason for voting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShdiYQ1 ... r_embedded" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sarah,

He was responding to people booing Romney, he said don't boo, vote, voting is the best revenge. Makes sense to me. I will vote to send Romney back into retirement. I will also vote for the best candidate, Obama.

George

hopeNlove
captain of 50

Post by hopeNlove »

I will definitely vote to REMOVE ovmoit from office. He should be Impeached, arrested and imprisoned for high treason and numerous other illegal acts! It is sickening that people could support such a person; even if he is the puppet. He is evil and so is the rest of the administration.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

:-BD

pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Post by pritchet1 »

George, you indeed are one of a kind. Obviously you have had your head in the sand as the current Regime has systematically, stone by stone, taken this country apart and shredded the sacred Constitution and ignored the other two balances of power granted by that same Constitution with his Executive Orders. I was on the Grand Jury that convicted him 2 years ago for acts against this country. Multiple counts. He has only added to his acts of treason. And you would actually vote for him? Why are you even here on this forum?

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

lundbaek wrote:Mitt also rejects or ignores certain principles of the US Constitution.
Will Christensen seems to be my kind of guy, a Constitutionalist. He is on the Oregon ballot, and could be written-in in most states, I think.

http://cg2012.org/about/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Post by pritchet1 »

Read this and weep - http://www.activistpost.com/2012/11/blu ... -fiat.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

pritchet1 wrote:George, you indeed are one of a kind. Obviously you have had your head in the sand as the current Regime has systematically, stone by stone, taken this country apart and shredded the sacred Constitution and ignored the other two balances of power granted by that same Constitution with his Executive Orders. I was on the Grand Jury that convicted him 2 years ago for acts against this country. Multiple counts. He has only added to his acts of treason. And you would actually vote for him? Why are you even here on this forum?
I asked him the same question and got this reply -

I'm the true conservative and personification of Jesus' teachings. I hope to convince you of that.

George

http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... 36&t=24932" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

pritchet1
captain of 1,000

Post by pritchet1 »

I also reject same-sex parenthood. And I live next door to George. WA vs. OR Every same sex marriage is short-lived. PRIDE destroyed the peoples of the Book of Mormon. Why are gay/lesbian groups called PRIDEs? And I discussed my comments in great length elsewhere on this forum regarding my experiences living with some of them back in Connecticut prior to 911. I have a cousin who has left the church and 2 nephews who also have left the church because of their misguided sexual orientation.

George, you have some 'splainin' to do. The current person occupying the White House is Gay - and a Muslim. I guess he doesn't realize he can't be both and survive. I hope the Russian sub of the East Coast is ready to pick him up tomorrow night.

hopeNlove
captain of 50

Post by hopeNlove »

pritchet1 wrote:Read this and weep - http://www.activistpost.com/2012/11/blu ... -fiat.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
:( yes, it is very sad and frustrating!

I wondered why George is here also....
conservative.....nope.... only posting pro Obama and gay marriage/unions and gay families.... hmmmm totally reminds me of someone I know.....

hopeNlove
captain of 50

Post by hopeNlove »

pritchet1 wrote:I also reject same-sex parenthood. And I live next door to George. WA vs. OR Every same sex marriage is short-lived. PRIDE destroyed the peoples of the Book of Mormon. Why are gay/lesbian groups called PRIDEs? And I discussed my comments in great length elsewhere on this forum regarding my experiences living with some of them back in Connecticut prior to 911. I have a cousin who has left the church and 2 nephews who also have left the church because of their misguided sexual orientation.

George, you have some 'splainin' to do. The current person occupying the White House is Gay - and a Muslim. I guess he doesn't realize he can't be both and survive. I hope the Russian sub of the East Coast is ready to pick him up tomorrow night.
I agree.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

hopeNlove wrote:
pritchet1 wrote:Read this and weep - http://www.activistpost.com/2012/11/blu ... -fiat.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

conservative.....nope.... only posting pro Obama and gay marriage/unions and gay families.... hmmmm totally reminds me of someone I know.....
Sadly, there has to be opposition in all things...even on an LDS website. Those who know truth, express truth and rebukes evil must hold fast to that truth like we do the "iron rod." Then the truth we possess will become a beacon of light and knowledge before the world.

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

Where is the national outrage? What happened to the spirit of the populace that once fought tyranny, but now accepts the boot of a despot on the genitals of a neutered stud? Macho-men, now relegated to video games, act as wimps and yes-men to threats from the federal government stooges.
Love this quote from the Activist Post link.... :)) but also sad :-s :-ss

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

Even at a time of national distress and regional emergency, Washington bureaucrats should not decide the tasks of rebuilding. Yet, the strings attached for federal aid, always requires a pound of flesh to be paid. Could compliance with Agenda 21 be in the fine print for FEMA claims?

HeirofNumenor
the Heir Of Numenor

Post by HeirofNumenor »

Political officials fear the public because the enforcement arm of the evil empire is disposable. The goons that obey orders are beginning an awareness of their expandability. How long will they protect the mad emperor or another tyrannical successor, when the outpour of the masses finally realizes that the police state is designed to prey on your own person?
We can only hope....

hopeNlove
captain of 50

Post by hopeNlove »

freedomfighter wrote:
hopeNlove wrote:

Sadly, there has to be opposition in all things...even on an LDS website. Those who know truth, express truth and rebukes evil must hold fast to that truth like we do the "iron rod." Then the truth we possess will become a beacon of light and knowledge before the world.
Yes, I totally agree!