Why hasn't Harry Reid been excommunicated?

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Why hasn't Harry Reid been excommunicated?

Post by lundbaek »

Do any of you remember several years ago an LDS area seventy organized firesides in Church buildings for Happy Reid to speak during a time when he was running as an incumbent for the US Senate. I don't know how many if any were actually held, but I do remember the objections of some Church members being conveyed to the Church HQ and also to the area seventy responsible. I believe at least some of the events were scrubbed because of the objections raised.

boo
captain of 1,000

Post by boo »

ilovetherain wrote:Why hasn't Reid been excommunicated? Oh, please don't stop there. Why hasn't Hatch been excommunicated? And why hasn't all the corrupt Mormon judges in Utah and elsewhere been excommunicated who traffic children every day in their courtrooms? Who steal pensions from elderly and our military? What about all the corrupt attorneys and politicians that assist them in the same racket? What about the corrupt Mormon Utah State Legislators and the corrupt Utah Governors?

And then there are the corrupt Mormon government employees like CPS and GALs who assist in the child trafficking racket as well in courtrooms throughout Utah and elsewhere on a daily basis?

This is a question I will have until the Savior Himself comes to burn them!! And, I'm afraid, only the Savior has the answer for us!!
Thank you for not being my ecclesiastical authority.

cybbota
Hi, I'm new.

Post by cybbota »

Well... Mr Reid's got his stewardship and I got mine. Best to focus on my stewardship. I'm re-doubling my efforts to fight Globalism and the new world order, aka the international communist conspiracy as coined by ET Benson. I'm reading 100 versus a day in the BofM and doing my Home teaching every month. Also working hard to repent of all my other personal sins. Members like Mr. Reid just make me want to work even harder to teach others about the Book of Mormon and it's profound teachings of Liberty. As the world becomes converted to the Book of Mormon, the world will become converted to the Lord's plan of Happiness for the human family that is to be found only in Liberty.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

I don't know, but the Catholic Church has said no communion for Nancy Pelosi...

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Recently, the Deseret News published this high praise of Dirty Harry, which lauds him as a wonderful example of a Mormon.
Read it and weep.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... -Reid.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I would hope that at least a few people responded to this article via Letter to the Editor and explained why they consider Senator Reid a poor example of a Mormon, or what a Mormon should be. I understand that he stands accused of involvement in a bribery scandal. Let's see what comes out of that.

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

The guy actually said the intelligence community should lie to Trump, yes, lie.

If Harry Reid is now considered a shining example of Mormonism then I am sure Joseph Smith is in the CK in a major face-palm reaction.

Silver
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Silver »

cybbota wrote:Well... Mr Reid's got his stewardship and I got mine. Best to focus on my stewardship. I'm re-doubling my efforts to fight Globalism and the new world order, aka the international communist conspiracy as coined by ET Benson. I'm reading 100 versus a day in the BofM and doing my Home teaching every month. Also working hard to repent of all my other personal sins. Members like Mr. Reid just make me want to work even harder to teach others about the Book of Mormon and it's profound teachings of Liberty. As the world becomes converted to the Book of Mormon, the world will become converted to the Lord's plan of Happiness for the human family that is to be found only in Liberty.
That was an awesome first post. Thank you for clearly stating where you stand.

InfoWarrior82
Level 34 Illuminated
Location: "There are 15 on the earth today, you can trust them completely." -President Nelson (Jan 2022)

Post by InfoWarrior82 »

Benjamin_LK wrote:
lancef1 wrote:I am a convert of 4 years and quite frankly am appalled by the behavior demonstrated by Harry Reid. He has failed to demonstrate any Christ like behaviors. His practice of lies and bearing false witness against others is the worse I have ever seen. If I acted the way he does, I know I would be disciplined and excommunicated if I didn't repent.

The double standard makes me sick and tempts me to say adios to the church. Makes me wonder if I could do better on my own. Everyone at church gets so weird and squishy when it comes to politics. Joseph Smith was politically active and opinionated. Now the laws of the land are being destroyed and people like Mr. Reid are allowed to do whatever they please. What happened? I agree with Noahnuff, Jules GP, Mackingster, Stella Solaris & most of the others.
Has Reid personally falsely accused someone of criminal activity? Has he engaged in Criminal Activity? Can we prove it?
Here's something that comes to mind:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... domestic-/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lizzy60
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Lizzy60 »

Another laudatory tribute and award to Harry Reid. Given by Mormons, and published in the Mormon newspaper. It seems the man can do no wrong.
Read it and weep.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... hurch.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Older/wiser?
captain of 100

Post by Older/wiser? »

Lizzy60 wrote:Another laudatory tribute and award to Harry Reid. Given by Mormons, and published in the Mormon newspaper. It seems the man can do no wrong.
Read it and weep.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/8656 ... hurch.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is why we as Isaiah states in 12:10 enter into the Rock , submerge ourselves in the testimony of Jesus Christ , there are those within who are wolves in sheep's clothing and the Lord alone will judge. The greatest enemies to the Church usually come from within, to attach ourselves or testimony on how the Church handles these, doesn't benefit the believers of Christ. The Lord is not slack but long suffering and, one must be fully condemned as by their own complete actions for a just judgment. Keep your eye on the Lord for ones own salvation , that is my an at least to work out my salvation.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

There a number of LDS politicians and candidates for elected office who I think could have been "taken to the woodshed" for certain actions and statements they made in the political arena. And I have wondered at times at some of the actions and in-actions of the Church leadership in response to those actions and statements, most of which I still feel badly about. I am just grateful for the testimony I have that the latter-day Prophets know what important things are happening in the world and will not lead us astray.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I suspect that if I were to make a public statement to the effect that a former Prophet had led members down the wrong path, I would be "taken to the woodshed" or at least called in for a little chat by our bishop or stake president. But Harry Reid has been and I think still is in a position from which he could cause the Church much grief if he were to be excommunicated.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

Benjamin_LK wrote: "Has Reid personally falsely accused someone of criminal activity? Has he engaged in Criminal Activity? Can we prove it?"

Yes he has, and it HAS be validated in the alternative media.... absolutely! Apparently you haven't been keeping up on the issues of the Buddy's and the Hammond's. I would ad that you ignorance of the Constitution is showing.

For crying out loud, there are so many "unofficial" laws on the books, supported by a judicial system corrupt beyond recognition, that you must be guilty of violating at least one of them! God forbid you walk outside your front door, take a breath of air and exhale some carbon dioxide that will cause an extinction level event. Surely, YOU are a terrorist! Start a proscribed burn, go to jail! Take a breath of fresh air, you are a terrorist!

WAKE UP BENJAMIN LK. Know your constitution. Your eternal salvation is at stake!