Cold sore help

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
Kitkat
captain of 100

Cold sore help

Post by Kitkat »

I have only had 3-4 cold sores in my life, but they are horrible and seem to last forever, the yucky blister that just won’t heal. I’ve tried all the available remedies otc. I finally tried something that worked! You have to catch the cold sore right at the start, but as soon as you see, or feel the blister forming, combine salt and rubbing alcohol, then using guase to keep anything from spreading on your face, a sterile needle puncture the blister and swab it with a q tip soaked in salt and rubbing alcohol. This stops the blister from oozing! It really worked. I still had a patch a dry skin that lasted about a week, but no yucky blister or scab that lasts for the better part of a month.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: Cold sore help

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Hi - I'm reading "The Plant Paradox: The Hidden Dangers in "Healthy" Foods That Cause Disease and Weight Gain" by Steven R. Gundry M.D. and wanted to share this quote with you.

"In the next chapter, we’ll look more closely at our current health crisis and specifically the rising tide of obesity and related diseases. Most important, we’ll look at how to reverse it. Because as it turns out, the ability of lectins to mimic other proteins and confuse the body’s messaging plays a major role in many, many conditions. By using the forthcoming principles and my updated dietary program, I have seen patients resolve the following health problems: • Aching joints • Acid reflux or heartburn • Acne • Age spots, skin tags • Allergies • Alopecia • Anemia • Arthritis • Asthma • Autoimmune diseases (including autoimmune thyroid disease, rheumatoid arthritis, type 1 diabetes, multiple sclerosis, Crohn’s, colitis, and lupus) • Bone loss (including osteopenia and osteoporosis) • Brain fog • Cancer • Canker sores • Chronic fatigue syndrome • Chronic pain syndrome • Colon polyps • Cramps, tingling, and numbness • Decline in dental health • Dementia • Depression • Diabetes, prediabetes, insulin resistance ... “

Start reading it for free: http://a.co/6d7qjfs
--------

Are canker sores the same thing :?:

Unfortunately A2 milk isn’t available where I live, but I ordered Lectin Shield, because lectins, sugar and othe poisons are so prevalent in our food supply. :x

Niagen and Hydrogen Water is awesome too. 8-)

Tree
captain of 100

Post by Tree »

Cold sores, cankers sores, and herpes outbreaks are nothing more than a tissue calcium deficiency.

Crackers
captain of 100

Post by Crackers »

Tree wrote: January 14th, 2018, 6:50 pm Cold sores, cankers sores, and herpes outbreaks are nothing more than a tissue calcium deficiency.
They're actually caused by a virus, but I suspect you already know that. Are you saying that proper calcium levels will prevent outbreaks or lessen their severity?

Tree
captain of 100

Post by Tree »

Crackers wrote: January 14th, 2018, 8:47 pm
Tree wrote: January 14th, 2018, 6:50 pm Cold sores, cankers sores, and herpes outbreaks are nothing more than a tissue calcium deficiency.
They're actually caused by a virus, but I suspect you already know that. Are you saying that proper calcium levels will prevent outbreaks or lessen their severity?
From your statement, you then need to ask why is there a virus in the body and going to the skin?

Let me approach it this way:
Vitamin D production in the body increases with sun exposure, and Vitamin D holds calcium, absorbed from the gut, in the blood. Depletion of Vitamins D and F and the mineral Calcium leaves you susceptible to viral outbreaks and infections such as herpes simplex. These vitamins and mineral are co-factors unto themselves.
If the mineral calcium can't be held in the blood, you deplete the tissues of calcium. By contrast, Vitamin F, which is a fat-soluble vitamin manufactured by the liver, transports calcium from the blood into the tissues, making it able to reverse or prevent viral infections involving bodily tissues. If you have a calcium deficiency you need to get plenty of the mineral calcium and drive it into your skin by by the co-factors of Vitamins D & F. Incidentally, low Vitamin D may actually be a sign of calcium deficiency.
By the way not all calcium supplements are not created equal.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

I've heard of people being told something that looks like this might be a canker sore or herpes and then later they found out they were allergic to wheat or some food allergies. Then when they go off wheat then they no longer get sores like this. Science can be really screwed up because people put their enmity against fellow man in place of science.

Another side comment; another relative, who is also not me would get stomach ulcers after going back on wheat claiming he was fine after more than 10 years of getting boils on his face when he tried to eat wheat that he was allergic too. And it makes no sense to me that he won't listen to me when i tell him if you go off wheat you probably won't get stomach ulcers anymore, we know you are allergic to wheat. But now he refuses to admit he's allergic to wheat because of pressure from his spouse to be able to afford groceries I think. Sigh...

I'm not against the calcium deficiency idea. I just wanted to show that sometimes medical people will put their enmity in front of their conclusions because they feel like first they have to prove that they are this good doctor or whatever that can always find the problem and that they are always right! in the rush to put things in the right box sometimes they won't listen or wait to hear out the full symptoms list. They even now think they can pick and choose which symptoms to treat now, when you go in and I think that's wrong. They should treat whatever is the biggest problem not some side issues. There's a lot of charlatans that take people's money now in healthcare and don't care about results.

Recently in Utah County there was a brand new women's health clinic put up. It's been there probably less than a year. Then overnight suddenly it's a men's health clinic to give out vasectomies and such instead of birthing babies and promoting midwivery like it was doing before the change. I find that baffling. How can they suddenly just change their mind and decide we're not dogs now, we're cats instead.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Plants, such as wheat have lectins in their hull. So really whole grain products are what causes adverse reactions.

Corn is really the biggest culprit, and that’s what they use to fatten cattle which also fattens anything that eats them.

That video shows how companies put profits above all else. :x

Holstein cows produce more milk, but it all has Casein-A1 which is detailed in the Plant Paradox.

Lectins cause autoimmune diseases, harden arteries and Stevia is one of few sweeteners that are fit for human consumption.

President Nelson was a heart surgeon like Dr. Gundry which makes him a medical expert on the Word of Wisdom. 8-)

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

As a life long sufferer from awful canker sores and occasional cold sores I feel for you! I know that high doses of lysine helps both. But I discovered a couple of years ago that simple coconut oil works wonders. The moment you start to feel that tingle of a cold sore, rub coconut oil into it several times a day. It will either stop it in its tracks or cut the length of its course.

Crackers
captain of 100

Post by Crackers »

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 15th, 2018, 12:42 am Plants, such as wheat have lectins in their hull. So really whole grain products are what causes adverse reactions.

Corn is really the biggest culprit, and that’s what they use to fatten cattle which also fattens anything that eats them.

Holstein cows produce more milk, but it all has Casein-A1 which is detailed in the Plant Paradox.

Lectins cause autoimmune diseases, harden arteries and Stevia is one of few sweeteners that are fit for human consumption.

President Nelson was a heart surgeon like Dr. Gundry which makes him a medical expert on the Word of Wisdom. 8-)
Being a heart surgeon certainly doesn't make anyone an expert on the word of wisdom, or even on nutrition in general. Spending one's life in the scriptures, studying doctrine and seeking revelation could though. I expect President Nelson will have much to offer us, but it probably won't come directly from his medical training.

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

acyclovir, or valtrex

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

Used to get cold sores all the time.

I had a co-worker tip me off on the way to keep them at bay.

Daily use of Vick's Vapor Rub to keep my lips moist.

And for the rare time one starts to form, apply Icy Hot and Vick's.

Works every time.

God Bless,
Darren

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

Tree wrote: January 14th, 2018, 9:33 pm
Crackers wrote: January 14th, 2018, 8:47 pm
From your statement, you then need to ask why is there a virus in the body and going to the skin?

Let me approach it this way:
Vitamin D production in the body increases with sun exposure, and Vitamin D holds calcium, absorbed from the gut, in the blood. Depletion of Vitamins D and F and the mineral Calcium leaves you susceptible to viral outbreaks and infections such as herpes simplex. These vitamins and mineral are co-factors unto themselves.
If the mineral calcium can't be held in the blood, you deplete the tissues of calcium. By contrast, Vitamin F, which is a fat-soluble vitamin manufactured by the liver, transports calcium from the blood into the tissues, making it able to reverse or prevent viral infections involving bodily tissues. If you have a calcium deficiency you need to get plenty of the mineral calcium and drive it into your skin by by the co-factors of Vitamins D & F. Incidentally, low Vitamin D may actually be a sign of calcium deficiency.
By the way not all calcium supplements are not created equal.
Tree this is not bad for what appears to be an off the top of your head response. However, in it's current state, it actually portends to more harem than good. One never should increase Vitamin D or calcium intake without addressing increased magnesium demands. Secondly one should never, take calcium without K1 and K2 as the regulators of all things calcium. To do so is only to make a bad condition worse for the lack of synergistic activity.

This link speaks to a couple of things that should be considered in addition to complete your reccomendations.

http://articles.healthrealizations.com/ ... min-F.aspx
Its true a common concern among society these days is the amount of sunlight we get considering that the sun is one of best and only sources of the essential vitamin However because most of us don't live in places that are sunny all year long, there are many vitamin D drops; pills and supplements advertised and recommended by doctors as substitutes for our daily sun quotient. But for people affected with the herpes simplex Virus too much sun or vitamin D can actually increase the chance of cold sore outbreaks and in many cases make the outbreaks worse than normal.

Does That Mean That You Should Stop Taking Vitamin D if You Suffer from Herpes?

No vitamin D is good for you, especially if you suffer from seasonal mood disorders like SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) or you live in areas that receive little sunlight during specific times of the year. Most people are in fact deficient in vitamin D. However; It's important for you to ensure that other vitamins in your body are in balanced coordination with your vitamin D levels. Vitamin D Complex was designed for this purpose It features
2000 Il-Is of vitamin D along with efficacious amounts of the other fat-soluble vitamins A, E (tocopherols and tocotrienols), and K (Kl and K2) because it IS so Important to keep vitamin D in balance with these other vitamins How Does Vitamin D Affect People Suffering from Herpes?

Though vitamin D is good for us it definitely needs to be regulated in individuals suffering from herpes Essentially when an individual has too much vitamin D in their body it stats to affect the amount of calcium thats in their skin. Vitamin D is so important because it aids in transferring the calcium you ingest into your bloodstream. Then; vitamin F (othewise known as polyunsaturated fatty acids) aids in getting the calcium from your bloodstream into your tissues However when you have too much vitamin D and too little vitamin F, your body begins to pull calcium from all parts of
your body, inc ud ng your stomach AND tissues resulting in adequate amounts of calcium in the bloodstream, but not enough in the tissue
In effect when tissues are lacking calcium, they become sensitive and susceptible to everything from welts hives cancer sores shingles and, yes outbreaks of cold sores.
Anyway this helps round out your instruction.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

https://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2017/08/06/plant-paradox-healthy-foods-hidden-dangers.aspx wrote: ... Molecular Mimicry
One way by which lectins cause harm is through molecular mimicry. They resemble proteins in the thyroid gland, in your joint spaces and in nerves. They mimic myelin sheath proteins.

The reason why lectins will in one person cause vitiligo or psoriasis, and in another attack the thyroid or cause rheumatoid arthritis, is still unknown. What is known is that one of the underlying factors in all of these disease processes is the penetration of the gut wall by lectins and their co-travelers, lipopolysaccharides (LPSs), also known as endotoxins, which tend to elicit very strong immune responses.

"One of the things I found in all my autoimmune patients is they had profoundly low levels of vitamin D … Interestingly, when you finally seal the gut … all of a sudden, their vitamin D levels went sky high and I could back down on the dosage.

Vitamin D is essential to tell the stem cells at the bottom of the crypts in the villi to grow and divide. Without vitamin D stimulating them, they just sit there and don't repair the gut. ...

Vitamin D is really one of the keys to autoimmune disease. Lectins are the other key. I've been blessed by knowing thousands of autoimmune patients who I call 'canaries,' because they react almost instantaneously to lectins. It's interesting. Everybody has their own certain lectin or lectins that they really react to. ...
As Tree & Brienox states, vitamin D level is critical. I’m a canary, that was misdiagnosed with Barrett’s Esophagus. I’ve been taking 4000 units for a few weeks, and will get my levels tested tomorrow.

Dr. Gundry places all his new patients on 5000 units/day as most are deficient. He has a funny name for LPSs, that he reveals elsewhere.
Last edited by BeNotDeceived on February 21st, 2018, 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

brlenox wrote: February 20th, 2018, 11:26 pm . . . . . Tree this is not bad for what appears to be an off the top of your head response. However, in it's current state, it actually portends to more harem than good. One never should increase Vitamin D or calcium intake without addressing increased magnesium demands. Secondly one should never, take calcium without K1 and K2 as the regulators of all things calcium. To do so is only to make a bad condition worse for the lack of synergistic activity.

This link speaks to a couple of things that should be considered in addition to complete your reccomendations.

http://articles.healthrealizations.com/ ... min-F.aspx
Its true a common concern among society these days is the amount of sunlight we get considering that the sun is one of best and only sources of the essential vitamin However because most of us don't live in places that are sunny all year long, there are many vitamin D drops; pills and supplements advertised and recommended by doctors as substitutes for our daily sun quotient. But for people affected with the herpes simplex Virus too much sun or vitamin D can actually increase the chance of cold sore outbreaks and in many cases make the outbreaks worse than normal.

Does That Mean That You Should Stop Taking Vitamin D if You Suffer from Herpes?

No vitamin D is good for you, especially if you suffer from seasonal mood disorders like SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) or you live in areas that receive little sunlight during specific times of the year. Most people are in fact deficient in vitamin D. However; It's important for you to ensure that other vitamins in your body are in balanced coordination with your vitamin D levels. Vitamin D Complex was designed for this purpose It features
2000 Il-Is of vitamin D along with efficacious amounts of the other fat-soluble vitamins A, E (tocopherols and tocotrienols), and K (Kl and K2) because it IS so Important to keep vitamin D in balance with these other vitamins How Does Vitamin D Affect People Suffering from Herpes?

Though vitamin D is good for us it definitely needs to be regulated in individuals suffering from herpes Essentially when an individual has too much vitamin D in their body it stats to affect the amount of calcium thats in their skin. Vitamin D is so important because it aids in transferring the calcium you ingest into your bloodstream. Then; vitamin F (othewise known as polyunsaturated fatty acids) aids in getting the calcium from your bloodstream into your tissues However when you have too much vitamin D and too little vitamin F, your body begins to pull calcium from all parts of
your body, inc ud ng your stomach AND tissues resulting in adequate amounts of calcium in the bloodstream, but not enough in the tissue
In effect when tissues are lacking calcium, they become sensitive and susceptible to everything from welts hives cancer sores shingles and, yes outbreaks of cold sores.
Anyway this helps round out your instruction.
I seem to recall that you told me once that MgTaurate could help w/cold sores. Based on that, I would ingest the MgTaurate at the onset of a cold sore I get episodically. Doing so seemed to greatly arrest the cold sore development and duration, to point it never blistered or would get very large.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

Don’t let cold sores get in the way of life. When you feel the tingle of a cold sore coming on, it’s time to act. Only Abreva can heal a cold sore in as few as 2 ½ days* when used at the first sign. Nothing heals a cold sore faster.**
https://www.abreva.com/cold-sore-produc ... eam-works/

There are two things that bring on my cold sores. #1 Too much sun. #2 USG fast set drywall compounds are a guaranteed cold sore!

Although sometimes hard to recognize, they are often preceded by what some call “brain fuzz” which is an “out of sorts” feeling. I’ve tried lot of things, but the Abreva product is the best I have found.

Like it says at the website above, and from my own personal experience; When used at the first tingle, (my emphasis) Abreva can heal a cold sore in just 2½ days.*

My personal experience is that when I apply it “Immediately” at the first sign, it works as claimed. If I wait for a day, or even 6 hours, not so good, but still helps. Most of the time I can prevent blistering and scabbing.

I recommend you get some in advance and store it in your car because you are seldom without it. (I guess I could say the same thing about a purse) If you wait until you can get some at the store, it might be too late.

It’s expensive, but worth it! Honest.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Kitkat wrote: January 14th, 2018, 6:33 pm I have only had 3-4 cold sores in my life, but they are horrible and seem to last forever, the yucky blister that just won’t heal. I’ve tried all the available remedies otc. I finally tried something that worked! You have to catch the cold sore right at the start, but as soon as you see, or feel the blister forming, combine salt and rubbing alcohol, then using guase to keep anything from spreading on your face, a sterile needle puncture the blister and swab it with a q tip soaked in salt and rubbing alcohol. This stops the blister from oozing! It really worked. I still had a patch a dry skin that lasted about a week, but no yucky blister or scab that lasts for the better part of a month.
Lemon balm kills the virus instantly. Stay away from cocoa butter as it's compounds basically feed the virus.

I will add that it works better than abreva. See about have some dried lemon balm leaves, could even make a salve or chapstick with it and have it on hand. The salve will last a while without needing any type of preservatives.

To make a salve you will infuse the leaves (dry or fresh) in oil like olive. Then strain it and add beeswax. Could even turn the salve into a nice lotion too with 1 simple step.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

I'll have to give it a try next time around. It would be nice if it did actually kill the virus, however, it appears that is not the case.

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Post by Juliet »

BeNotDeceived wrote: January 15th, 2018, 12:42 am Plants, such as wheat have lectins in their hull. So really whole grain products are what causes adverse reactions.

I want to add about Dr. Gundry, who said that because he was a heart surgeon, he had the name and the networks to set up over 10,000 blood tests and thereby prove when people's blood cleared up from eating less lectins their health improved. A normal dietician wouldn't have access to the networking to carry out such large scale testing. So, his information comes from vast blood tests, not necessarily his experience as a heart surgeon.

But what impressed me about Elder Nelson, is he readily admitted he had to learn as a heart surgeon and he even made mistakes. I thought that there could be a spiritual message there, that even the most advanced spiritual heart surgeons among us are still learning and making mistakes and may not be able to save someone. But Jesus can save everyone.

Ok, sorry to get off topic of the thread. Here is my favorite Dr. Mercola on cold sores
https://www.google.com/amp/s/articles.m ... sores.aspx

And my own advice is collodial silver which is effective against viruses and most herbal health stores have it.

Toto
captain of 1,000

Post by Toto »

Thanks Juliet. I read Mercola frequently. I once experienced some chest pains, went to the insta-care who took some x-rays, and sent me immediately to the ER. After a CT scan, the doc diagnosed a plural effusion and gave me a prescription for antibiotics, which cleared it up post haste. The bill for 2K hurt as much as the condition! Now normally I don't like any pharmaceuticals, but when you're in that much pain....

A week later it returned on the other side, so I searched Mercola, found five articles suggesting shitake mushrooms, made some mushroom soup, and it was gone in the morning. It's kinda like having your own personal physician at your fingertips.

I've used silver for cold sores in the past, and found it effective as long as I kept in on continually, which is difficult, and had poor success keeping a salve on. What I like about the Abreva is it really nips it in the bud. I like the idea about the lemon balm if it works just as well. Will report back if it works out.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Toto wrote: November 23rd, 2018, 7:53 pm Thanks Juliet. I read Mercola frequently. I once experienced some chest pains, went to the insta-care who took some x-rays, and sent me immediately to the ER. After a CT scan, the doc diagnosed a plural effusion and gave me a prescription for antibiotics, which cleared it up post haste. The bill for 2K hurt as much as the condition! Now normally I don't like any pharmaceuticals, but when you're in that much pain....

A week later it returned on the other side, so I searched Mercola, found five articles suggesting shitake mushrooms, made some mushroom soup, and it was gone in the morning. It's kinda like having your own personal physician at your fingertips.

I've used silver for cold sores in the past, and found it effective as long as I kept in on continually, which is difficult, and had poor success keeping a salve on. What I like about the Abreva is it really nips it in the bud. I like the idea about the lemon balm if it works just as well. Will report back if it works out.
You could just chew on a leaf and then put it on like a poultice as well.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Toto wrote: November 23rd, 2018, 6:46 pm I'll have to give it a try next time around. It would be nice if it did actually kill the virus, however, it appears that is not the case.
It will never kill the virus as it will always stay in your nerve cell. The trick is to keep it dormant and not active.

gruden2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden2.0 »

Something else that is good for canker sores (and for gums in general) is Spilanthes extract. And it's very affordable.