Dr. Mercola Interviews author of the Plant Paradox [I’m a canary]

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Dr. Mercola Interviews author of the Plant Paradox [I’m a canary]

Post by BeNotDeceived »

This looks amazing, and here's the only testimonial on LDSFF. 8-)
gruden2.0 wrote: August 17th, 2017, 6:53 pm Wow, I've seen a lot of threadjacks in my time, but going from Hill AFB and military equipment being moved around to a veganism debate has to top them all. I think I got whiplash. ...

Right now I'm reading the book The Plant Paradox and it has helped our family greatly in a short period of time, hopefully some of you will check it out. It's a diet that's the closest thing to the WoW I've ever seen. Hopefully some of you will check it out and try it, it's pretty easy to lose weight and feel better when you follow it. The author does a good job of not being dogmatic, he takes the tone "If you want to live longer try this..." which is a healthy attitude I think. If it's healthy and useful, put it out there without being pushy and people who are interested will try it out. ...
Dr. Mercola is awesome and this interview is one of his best. It discusses leaky-gut and auto-immune diseases associated with thyroid and dry eye (Jogren's) syndrome. :geek:
Last edited by BeNotDeceived on January 30th, 2018, 3:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: Dr. Mercola Interviews Steve Gundry author of the Plant Paradox and maker of Vital Reds

Post by kittycat51 »

I find it interesting that God would create all these foods for human consumption and then tell them "thou mayest freely eat of everything except the tree of knowledge"....oh AND NOT these, or these or these.... :P

Although I like Dr. Mercola, I think he is an extremist in many ways, therefore many things I take tongue in cheek.

Rand
captain of 1,000

Re: Dr. Mercola Interviews Steve Gundry author of the Plant Paradox and maker of Vital Reds

Post by Rand »

That was refreshingly interesting and insightful! I liked everything he said, which is really unusual! Thanks for that share!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

kittycat51 wrote: December 26th, 2017, 1:29 pm I find it interesting that God would create all these foods for human consumption and then tell them "thou mayest freely eat of everything except the tree of knowledge"....oh AND NOT these, or these or these.... :P

Although I like Dr. Mercola, I think he is an extremist in many ways, therefore many things I take tongue in cheek.
More Winning & it's still only 2017 Image

It's an awesome way to show the text from a video, that highlights the text for each second of the video.

Dr. Gundy, Lustig and many others are great at suppling answers, backed by data, while Dr. Mercola is the wide-eyed little child that get's all excited by their answers. 8-)

I'll soon edit this post, with a link to details about how to get the transcript of any supported video. :ugeek:

Edit = Snippet Savers & hints how to do stuff

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

[original A2 Milk]

Post by BeNotDeceived »

No A2 yet available for me :(

Holsteins only produce A1 and that’s the cheap crap, so contaminates Cheese, Yogurt, etc.

BringerOfJoy
captain of 100

Post by BringerOfJoy »

kittycat51 wrote: December 26th, 2017, 1:29 pm I find it interesting that God would create all these foods for human consumption and then tell them "thou mayest freely eat of everything except the tree of knowledge"....oh AND NOT these, or these or these.... :P

I have pondered this a great deal, and I think the problem is what we have done to our guts. We have essentially made them incapable of digesting these foods that God put upon the earth for us to eat. My biggest suspects are refined carbs. We were never intended to eat sugar like we do, and refined grains like we do. And virtually any diet that removes them (whether it is paleo, keto, raw vegan, etc.) will help tons of folks with what ails them. At least for a time.

Plus in the wheat department, our modern ways of bread making by trying to get the most amount of rise in the shortest amount of time, probably contributes to the problem. Traditional, natural yeast methods of raising breads (sourdough) , or soaking grains, or sproating grains took out much of the problems. I can tell the difference in myself with a two-day sourdough bread as opposed to any of the commercial breads.

And you add in GMO grains, modern wheat strains, etc. and you have a recipe for disaster. Plus grains were always intended to provide a cheap source of calories for folks that were expending a lot of calories all day long, and had large families to feed WHEN other fresh food wasn't available. Most of us don't fall into that category any more.

Think of what the average frontier woman in the 1830's had available to her to feed her family, and it's easy to see why the Word of Wisdom is what it is. What it DOESN'T say is feed your family a steady diet of sweetened cereals, cookies, ice cream, soda, "fruit snacks," juices, and everything under the sun fried in fats that weren't available to her, and poison our generation, etc. No wonder our gut bacteria is a total disaster as we feed all the bad bacteria with sugar, sugar, and more sugar; and starve all the good stuff by taking the traditional good fats out of our diet.

Rand
captain of 1,000

Re: Dr. Mercola Interviews author of the Plant Paradox [original A2 Milk]

Post by Rand »

I am professionally involved with nutrition, and have been for 30 years. Gundry's diet is the first one I have been interested enough in to try it myself. I started three days ago. In 6 weeks, I will report on what I have found by doing it. He makes outlandish claims, but they are possible. One of the hard parts about nutrition is that what works for one doesn't work for another. The Eat Right for your Type addresses this to a point, but it works or it doesn't. Again, mixed results. I think Gundry has found his way through most of that. Time will tell.
Indeed, we live in different times than any of our ancestors. Our foods have changed, but mostly we have damaged the soil, we have put chemicals, like Roundup in the mix, and these things are major game changers.
I generally like Mercola. When you deal with people who have difficult conditions, you have to get a little into the woods to find remedies to their difficult conditions. This approach may be a significant advancement. I will report back. So far, my body is very "quiet" with this approach.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

BringerOfJoy wrote: January 15th, 2018, 11:36 am

I have pondered this a great deal, and I think the problem is what we have done to our guts. We have essentially made them incapable of digesting these foods that God put upon the earth for us to eat. My biggest suspects are refined carbs. We were never intended to eat sugar like we do, and refined grains like we do. And virtually any diet that removes them (whether it is paleo, keto, raw vegan, etc.) will help tons of folks with what ails them. At least for a time.

Plus in the wheat department, our modern ways of bread making by trying to get the most amount of rise in the shortest amount of time, probably contributes to the problem. Traditional, natural yeast methods of raising breads (sourdough) , or soaking grains, or sproating grains took out much of the problems. I can tell the difference in myself with a two-day sourdough bread as opposed to any of the commercial breads.

And you add in GMO grains, modern wheat strains, etc. and you have a recipe for disaster. Plus grains were always intended to provide a cheap source of calories for folks that were expending a lot of calories all day long, and had large families to feed WHEN other fresh food wasn't available. Most of us don't fall into that category any more.

Think of what the average frontier woman in the 1830's had available to her to feed her family, and it's easy to see why the Word of Wisdom is what it is. What it DOESN'T say is feed your family a steady diet of sweetened cereals, cookies, ice cream, soda, "fruit snacks," juices, and everything under the sun fried in fats that weren't available to her, and poison our generation, etc. No wonder our gut bacteria is a total disaster as we feed all the bad bacteria with sugar, sugar, and more sugar; and starve all the good stuff by taking the traditional good fats out of our diet.
We are on the same page :D My mode of thinking was when doctors tell you to stay away from certain fruits or vegetables or even legumes. I personally don't eat processed foods, sugar, milk products, etc, but I do consume lots of fruits, veggies, beans and soaked whole grains... but no gluten. I actually don't eat meat at the moment either because I have found it to aggravate my inflammation. PLUS all the hoopla of eating lots of protein, protein, protein, (Meat) IS against the word of wisdom.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Rand wrote: December 26th, 2017, 3:04 pm That was refreshingly interesting and insightful! I liked everything he said, which is really unusual! Thanks for that share!
I've been following nutrition science since the 80s as my mother was way into weight watchers, and has now lived to the age of ninety, having met her goal weight from before I was even born.

There's another video I found, and would really like to try it myself, but it's near impossible where I live. Many years ago I read a book about body type based on what people's dominant gland is. I'm pituitary, which is supposed to be dominant and causes me to crave dairy. My mother is pituitary dominant too, so she skimps on everything else so she can enjoy her daily serving of ice cream.

My main thing is low-energy, so today I took my first dose of Vital Reds, to see what that does. I also ordered a mult-pot which works as a pressure cooker for cooking beans.

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

I am on day 7 of his plan. So far so good. It is certainly cleaner than how I have typically eaten. My stomach is very peaceful. I have lost 9 lbs.

. I have lost some inflammation as well. I have had patients report instant clearing of brain fog after stopping beans.
Meat doesn't sound nearly as good as it did. I think this is a good way to eat from hear on out.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

[I’m a canary]

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Rand wrote: January 19th, 2018, 11:52 am I am on day 7 of his plan. So far so good. It is certainly cleaner than how I have typically eaten. My stomach is very peaceful. I have lost 9 lbs.

. I have lost some inflammation as well. I have had patients report instant clearing of brain fog after stopping beans.
Meat doesn't sound nearly as good as it did. I think this is a good way to eat from hear on out.
Awesome!

I too gave it a go, enough to know that I’m what Dr. Gundry calls a “canary”. I ate albacore tuna with seedless cucumbers, then fasted for 40 hours to discover I didn’t need to take my proton pump inhibitor. For two more days I only ate “yes please” foods and strictly followed the plan. Yesterday I ate a tortilla pizza at Mango Six, which had a small amount of tomato sauce, and it set off acid-reflux.

Tomatoes was one thing I noticed before that really didn’t agree with me. I am curious to continue experimenting, when my order of Lectin Shield gets here. Sadly Lectins are everywhere, when in many cases they could be removed.

Besides my supposed Barrett’s Esophagus being cured, I also noticed my dry eyes weren’t so dry, and a general sense of well being was experienced.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Rand wrote: January 19th, 2018, 11:52 am I am on day 7 of his plan. So far so good. It is certainly cleaner than how I have typically eaten. My stomach is very peaceful. I have lost 9 lbs.

How are you doing now?