colloidal gold

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
LdsMarco
captain of 100

colloidal gold

Post by LdsMarco »

Anyone here taking colloidal gold religiously? If so, what are the benefits YOU have gained? I know what benefits it can give but what are yours?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Re: colloidal gold

Post by Silver Pie »

I've heard of colloidal silver and have had good experiences with it. I've never heard of colloidal gold.

JK4Woods
captain of 1,000

Post by JK4Woods »

I had an anniversary dinner at a really fancy restaurant once... in the dessert (chocolate pudding if I recall correctly) was a tiny sprig of gold foil.
I ate it down just to try it....

Wonder if its still in me (maybe in my appendix) or got flushed out the next day and carried on to the sewer treatment plant.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

I read an article about restaurants back east serving gold in their food. I thought that was quite strange to be literally putting so much wealth in the toilet. (But maybe you're right, maybe some of it sticks. That's one way to "take it with you" when you die.)

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Blurb under the following video:
From chicken wings to chocolate, gold food is becoming a new food trend. Edible gold foods are covered in 24k gold leaf, which is safe to eat but can't be broken down by your body. In Japan, Gold Kit Kat bars have gotten the Midas touch, and sushi chefs are adding gold topping to make their nigiri sushi sushi pop. A restaurant in New York serves gold chicken wings and gold donuts are becoming a new dessert craze. Though gold may look beautiful, it's actually flavorless.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Now, admittedly, none of these are about colloidal gold, just regular gold.
New York restaurant Serendipity 3 is known for creating the world's most expensive dessert: a $25,000 US ice cream sundae filled with edible 23-karat gold and 28 cocoas, called "Frrrozen Haute Chocolate." In 2012, a New York City food truck launched a $666 “Douche Burger," a Kobe beef patty with Gruyere cheese (melted with Champagne steam), topped with caviar, truffles and lobster, and then wrapped in six gold leaf sheets.

Why Do People Eat Gold and Why is it so Popular?
A restaurant in the New York financial district is offering customers a pizza priced at US$2,000 (£1,623). It is topped with caviar, stilton cheese and gold leaf, with each bite costing around US$50.

New York is usually the kind of place that sets trends, but pizzerias elsewhere have actually been making pizzas sparkle for a while. A takeaway pizza chain in London started offering £500 pizzas a year ago, this time with added lobster, caviar and truffle oil; while a Glasgow restaurant attracted attention by selling a gold leaf pizza on eBay.

What happens to your gut if you eat the $2,000 New York Pizza topped with Gold?
More quotes from the above link:
But what happens when we put gold into the body? And are there any other metals we’d be better off shaving on to pizzas instead?
. . .
Gold is an inert metal and is therefore not degraded by the acid in our stomachs. It will travel the length of the intestinal system unchanged, passing out in your poo. Depending on the sewage treatment system, it will eventually be returned to the land or washed out to sea ready to be recycled again. It casts panning for gold in an entirely new light.

Other metals are generally not used for ostentatious displays of edible wealth, but one exception is silver. Silver can be beaten into a leaf similar to gold and is also approved for use as an additive (E174) – so long as it is pure and in its non-ionic form, which is the one that can’t be absorbed by the body.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

A New York City food truck is selling a $666 hamburger dubbed the “Douche Burger,” which contains lobster, caviar, truffles, and a beef patty wrapped in six sheets of gold leaf. How much gold leaf can you safely consume?

Theoretically, you could eat your fill of 24-karat gold without falling ill. Pure gold is chemically inert and passes through the human digestive system without being absorbed into the body. Since 24-karat gold is very soft and fragile, most edible gold—whether leaf, flakes, or dust—also contains a little bit of silver, which is also inert. Non-edible gold leaf, which is used for gilding, sometimes contains copper, which can be toxic in high doses. Consuming impure gold preparations such as colloidal gold or gold salts can lead to a change in skin pigmentation and other adverse health effects. Eating too much pure gold might give you a stomachache, just like eating too much of anything else might, but it won’t have any more dire effects unless you’re among the minority of people who are allergic to gold.

How much gold can you safely eat?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

If LdsMarco returns to this thread, I hope he'll share with us what colloidal gold is supposed to do for one's health.