LOTATOES, Idaho Falls & Food for Thought

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
BeNotDeceived
Agent38

LOTATOES, Idaho Falls & Food for Thought

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Click da pic for more info. :mrgreen:
Last edited by BeNotDeceived on November 24th, 2017, 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: LOTATOES

Post by kittycat51 »

"But do we really need it"...No God made the potato how it was supposed to be made. I'm sure my Irish ancestors didn't worry about carbs since potatoes were a mainstay. Have a healthy helping or two today in the U.S. Happy Thanksgiving!

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

kittycat51 wrote: November 23rd, 2017, 9:09 am "But do we really need it"...No God made the potato how it was supposed to be made. I'm sure my Irish ancestors didn't worry about carbs since potatoes were a mainstay. Have a healthy helping or two today in the U.S. Happy Thanksgiving!

Done did the totally awesome turkey dinner, & 3 slices of pie. Here where America starts her day, it’s now Friday.

Lotatoes are Potatoes much the same way a Labradoodle is a Wolf. :P
http://bitchpeas.co.nz/get-potatoes-back-menu-lotatoes wrote:

Fun facts about Lotatoes:

Lotatoes are grown sustainably in New Zealand on rolling hills in Pukekohe and Ohakune
Naturally bred from seed (so these tots are not genetically modified)
Innovation was inspired by nature
Just like with apples, kiwifruit and countless other staples, Lotatoes has been created by cross-breeding different varieties
Lotatoes are fully versatile, so can be mashed, baked, roasted and still full of flavour!
Independently tested in scientific research, Lotatoes has been shown to contain 40% less carbs than the ordinary potato (this is also less than kumara)
Not only are Lotatoes a winner on the table they’re also better for the environment. Masters explains, “the Lotatoes has a growing cycle that is 25% shorter than other varieties which means less water requirements.”

How so? Check out their growing process below, click to see it larger. - emphasis mine
Hope to try some soon, but prolly a few years out. :x

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

kittycat51 wrote: November 23rd, 2017, 9:09 am "But do we really need it"...No God made the potato how it was supposed to be made. I'm sure my Irish ancestors didn't worry about carbs since potatoes were a mainstay. Have a healthy helping or two today in the U.S. Happy Thanksgiving!
I have to agree. God warned the ancient Israelites not to allow the plants or animals to cross breed.

Alaris
Captain of 144,000

Post by Alaris »

The spuds are 40 percent smaller.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Michelle wrote: November 23rd, 2017, 10:32 am
I have to agree. God warned the ancient Israelites not to allow the plants or animals to cross breed.
Where is this warning written :?:

Wild Olives are crossbred to become Tame in a process that takes about 100 years. That’s why it’s a symbol of peace. Seedless Oranges, and almost all food in the supermarket has been selectively produced.
BeNotDeceived wrote: July 14th, 2017, 1:49 am Several years ago there was a documentary I heard on TV about why the olive branch is a symbol of peace. The simple premise is because it takes about 100 years for the best olives to grow. War disrupts farming so good olives are only available after a long period of peace. Simple enough, but a succinct statement of this concept wasn't easy to find. The Book of Mormon Made Easier presents the data that supports my brief summary.

Most everything gets disrupted during times of tribulation. Ti...
Dafty had a thread about America's 'Frankenchickens' where regulation is needed?

Happy Frankenturkey day. :)

davedan
captain of 1,000

Post by davedan »

Food = carbs, protein, fat.

None of these 3 are evil. Diet should contain all 3.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

alaris wrote: November 23rd, 2017, 11:51 am The spuds are 40 percent smaller.
:lol:

Franken Turkey is real. :evil:

And Fictional Too :!:

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

New-low-carb-potato-variety-released-in-the-US by an Idaho Falls-based company!

Post by BeNotDeceived »

http://www.freshplaza.com/article/185512/New-low-carb-potato-variety-released-in-the-US wrote:
Potandon Produce has released a new potato variety making a counter intuitive marketing claim for a starchy vegetable.

The Idaho Falls-based company unveiled its first low-carbohydrate potato Oct. 19 during the Produce Marketing Association’s Fresh Summit convention in New Orleans. Potandon boasts its CarbSmart potato has 55 percent fewer carbohydrates than rice or pasta. ...
Figure out a way to charge one additional penny pre net-carb, and profit-motivate numerous innovations such as this :!:

ImageImage

Use funds collected to pay for health care i.e. a pound of prevention is worth a pound of cure ;)

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 23rd, 2017, 2:17 pm
Michelle wrote: November 23rd, 2017, 10:32 am
Where is this warning written :?:

Wild Olives are crossbred to become Tame in a process that takes about 100 years. That’s why it’s a symbol of peace. Seedless Oranges, and almost all food in the supermarket has been selectively produced.
BeNotDeceived wrote: July 14th, 2017, 1:49 am Several years ago there was a documentary I heard on TV about why the olive branch is a symbol of peace. The simple premise is because it takes about 100 years for the best olives to grow. War disrupts farming so good olives are only available after a long period of peace. Simple enough, but a succinct statement of this concept wasn't easy to find. The Book of Mormon Made Easier presents the data that supports my brief summary.

Most everything gets disrupted during times of tribulation. Ti...
Dafty had a thread about America's 'Frankenchickens' where regulation is needed?

Happy Frankenturkey day. :)
Leviticus 19:19 ¶ Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.
I find the first two interesting because of the modern fascination with trying to improve upon God's creations.

The last one is interesting to me for two reasons.

1. Mixing fabrics actually defeats the benefits of the fabric. Linen keeps a person cool and is breathable, even when wearing long sleeves, and is excellent for summer for protecting the skin from the son. 100% wool is actually naturally antibacterial, water resistant, flame resistant and warm: all excellent traits for winter clothing.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Re: LOTATOES, Idaho Falls & Food for Thought

Post by BeNotDeceived »

ImageImage
http://factsanddetails.com/world/cat54/sub343/item1582.html wrote: It is believed that ancient people in southern Mexico and Central America began harvesting grains from wild teosinte about 10,000 years. Through selective breeding these plants developed large stalks and seeds and eventually these became the cobs we associate with corn today.
https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2016/06/12/pasta-ruby-grapefruits-why-organic-devotees-love-foods-mutated-by-radiation-and-chemicals/ wrote:
After years of breeding new plants from this tree, the fruit it produced lost its bright red fruit color, faded back to the original pink. Scientists irradiated the tree with thermal neutrons and eventually created a mutation that produced a darker, more vibrant fruit color with almost no seeds. The “Star Ruby” and the “Rio Red” were introduced in 1971 and 1985 respectively, and these two mutant varieties now make up 75 percent of Texas’s grapefruit crop.

Mutation breeding has also been used to combat destructive plant diseases. The leading variety of Japanese pears, known as “Nijisseiki,” would have been lost decades ago without mutation breeding techniques. This variety, which made up 28 percent of Japan’s pear crop in 1990, is extremely susceptible to black spot disease. In 1962, rows of Nijisseiki were exposed to gamma rays in the hopes that a mutation would produce a cultivar that still had Nijisseki’s high-quality traits, only with enhanced disease resistance. In 1981, after almost 20 years of irradiation, a plant finally appeared without symptoms even after being exposed to the disease. The new variety, “Gold Nijisseiki”, was released in 1991 and is considered a monumental achievement of mutagenesis.

Crops produced through mutation breeding have been sold in supermarkets for decades with no label or widespread common knowledge about their genetic alterations. These varieties can even be labeled organic as long as they are grown meeting other production requirements.
Are you ok with mutations being labeled as organic :?:

One-Penny per Net-Carb may be a good starting point of how to improve our food supply. Maybe there is a congressional committee that could hash it out, and adjust based on updated knowledge and for best results, taking into account what other countries are doing that we may all benefit. 8-)

The allegory of the olive tree is about cross-breeding :!:

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Michelle wrote: November 23rd, 2017, 10:32 amI have to agree. God warned the ancient Israelites not to allow the plants or animals to cross breed.
Wait. The lolato is part animal?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Re: LOTATOES, Idaho Falls & Food for Thought

Post by Silver Pie »

Okay, I looked it up. It was created by breeding potatoes with other potatoes. Same as we've done with berries, tomatoes, green beans, and a host of other things.
The potato growers working with T&G (originally Turners & Growers) have produced a naturally bred innovation inspired by nature. Just like with apples, kiwifruit and countless other staple NZ produce, by simply cross-breeding different varieties of potato together they have created a winner – a 40% lower carb, low cal, flavoursome potato.
https://theaccidentalhomemakernz.wordpr ... nnovation/
Nature cross-breeds like that; I see nothing wrong with people doing it.