ED- How to cure

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
Dubs
captain of 50

ED- How to cure

Post by Dubs »

Early 40s with a clean bill of health. All tests show Im extremely healthy, but Ive started to suffer from ED for the last 3 months.

Not sure what to do. I already take vitamins, not overly stressed and Im not overweight. Any thoughts on how to reverse this asap?

TIA

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: ED- How to cure

Post by JohnnyL »

Drink borax.

Something emotional happened?

Maybe it's time to slow down (if relevant)?

Tree
captain of 100

Post by Tree »

Dubs wrote: October 22nd, 2017, 6:35 pm Early 40s with a clean bill of health. All tests show Im extremely healthy, but Ive started to suffer from ED for the last 3 months.

Not sure what to do. I already take vitamins, not overly stressed and Im not overweight. Any thoughts on how to reverse this asap?

TIA
What is your cholesterol number?

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Dubs
captain of 50

Post by Dubs »

Tree wrote: October 22nd, 2017, 8:19 pm
Dubs wrote: October 22nd, 2017, 6:35 pm Early 40s with a clean bill of health. All tests show Im extremely healthy, but Ive started to suffer from ED for the last 3 months.

TIA
Cant recall, but my doc gave me kudos for such healthy numbers. Told him oatmeal 2x per day was the reason for that.

I had EKG, testosterone, xray...you name it and everything checked out great. Baffled by this to be honest.

commonwealth
captain of 100

Post by commonwealth »

Are you sure of that diagnosis? I'd talk to a doctor again to be sure. Just because you can't perform doesn't mean it's ED.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

I've always thought laughter was the best medicine,
My bad.

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

TIA
If you do not mind sharing what is your testosterone coming in at. (numbers) Borax was suggested by JohnnyL which will potentially improve testosterone output however some folks do have a bit of a distressing side effect - it makes you more teary - which at the wrong time could be worse than ED.

Cholesterol numbers as well would be nice as that is the chemical that the body converts into Testosterone.

Iodine is the signaler for hormonal production and 85% of the population is deficient.

Zinc deficiency is one of the more common precursors to erectile dysfunction.

That you take vitamins may be good maybe not. Are you very knowledgeable about vitamins and the various forms?

Anyway all of this is simply guess work. You can take Zinc all day long but if you are not in need of it then you'll get no results. OR as Zinc is dependent on and impacts levels of copper you can toss that into imbalance or maybe you have plenty of Zinc but lack B6 which is required to process the Zinc etc.

Any other medications?

Any other little health annoyances. There is seldom a single side effect from a deficiency state. Usually we will find other things that we just don't realize are connected. Missing the outside third of your eyebrows (no hair) or dry skin or excessive mucus buildup or calluses / thick skin on the heels of your feet, leg cramps in the day time or leg cramps when you wake up or while sleeping(two different causes) are all indicators of various things and tying three or four of these symptoms together can provide a more clear picture of what is actually deficient and help point to the corrective solution.
Last edited by brlenox on October 22nd, 2017, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

Dubs wrote: October 22nd, 2017, 9:05 pm
Tree wrote: October 22nd, 2017, 8:19 pm

TIA
Cant recall, but my doc gave me kudos for such healthy numbers. Told him oatmeal 2x per day was the reason for that.

I had EKG, testosterone, xray...you name it and everything checked out great. Baffled by this to be honest.
Most tests for minerals and such measure serum blood levels of a particular substance. This is a woefully inadequate measurement as it does not indicate whether the proper exchange processes are working that move nutrients from the blood into the cells. A Blood test, for instance can show good potassium numbers and you can still die from potassium deficiency because it is not getting into the cells.

Just as an example of things we think are good but can create issues is eating oatmeal twice a day. This means that for at least those two meals a day your mineral intake is going to be disrupted due to the presence of phytic acid found in grains which interferes with mineral absorption esp calcium, magnesium, zinc etc. Not that this is the issue. However, what I am saying is your doctor probably doesn't even know this and so it really becomes incumbent upon each of us to start taking some responsibility to be properly informed about what effects us. When you told him this he should have educated you but he couldn't. What this is for you is a wake up call. Most people make it to their early forties in reasonably good health. However, if you are hitting ED now, ten years more without correcting the issues may mean 50 isn't going to be so pretty for more reasons than this.

Dubs
captain of 50

Post by Dubs »

brlenox wrote: October 22nd, 2017, 9:26 pm

TIA

If you do not mind sharing what is your testosterone coming in at. (numbers) Borax was suggested by JohnnyL which will potentially improve testosterone output however some folks do have a bit of a distressing side effect - it makes you more teary - which at the wrong time could be worse than ED.

Cholesterol numbers as well would be nice as that is the chemical that the body converts into Testosterone.

Iodine is the signaler for hormonal production and 85% of the population is deficient.

Zinc deficiency is one of the more common precursors to erectile dysfunction.

That you take vitamins may be good maybe not. Are you very knowledgeable about vitamins and the various forms?

Anyway all of this is simply guess work. You can take Zinc all day long but if you are not in need of it then you'll get no results. OR as Zinc is dependent on and impacts levels of copper you can toss that into imbalance or maybe you have plenty of Zinc but lack B6 which is required to process the Zinc etc.

Any other medications?

Any other little health annoyances. There is seldom a single side effect from a deficiency state. Usually we will find other things that we just don't realize are connected. Missing the outside third of your eyebrows (no hair) or dry skin or excessive mucus buildup or calluses / thick skin on the heels of your feet, leg cramps in the day time or leg cramps when you wake up or while sleeping(two different causes) are all indicators of various things and tying three or four of these symptoms together can provide a more clear picture of what is actually deficient and help point to the corrective solution.
I take fish oil and b vitamins. Plenty of hair around my eye brows, but I do have dry skin. No leg aches of any kind either and I don't take any medication.