Mercury detox after amalgam removal

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
Crackers
captain of 100

Mercury detox after amalgam removal

Post by Crackers »

I am having my silver amalgams replaced. Wondering if anyone has had success with post-amalgam detoxing. Either DIY or through a practitioner. There's a lot out there, and it would be helpful to hear any thoughts you might have.

ParticleMan
captain of 100

Re: Mercury detox after amalgam removal

Post by ParticleMan »

Crackers wrote: September 25th, 2017, 7:31 pm I am having my silver amalgams replaced. Wondering if anyone has had success with post-amalgam detoxing.
Are you now mercury-free?

I once had an amalgam removed by a conventional dentist. Big mistake! The practice and my experience are neither of good report nor praiseworthy.

Only later did I learn about biological dentistry. I tried a biological dentist recommended from among the few in the area. Good choice! I had the rest of my mercury removed and my experience and assessment of everything else about the practice is of good report and praiseworthy.

I didn't get tested for mercury toxicity or do any specific dietary or herbal regiment. I merely took the recommended supplements, which my dentist stocks (and ships, which has come in handy) because the health-food stores don't have the good stuff.

Crackers
captain of 100

Post by Crackers »

The fillings have been replaced. I traded in my long-time traditional dentist for a holistic one, and was happy I did. I am still trying to figure out why my old dentist never suggested getting those old fillings replaced. They had already started cracking my teeth, and we found decay once they were out. I think maybe he was waiting for those teeth to turn into root canals ($$)!

My new dentist pointed me to the health store for some detox capsules, and they upsold me some supergreens to use for the duration. I am half-way through the detox.I figure I may do another round or two with different regimens, maybe including clay and some other options. I didn't do any toxicity testing either. I am curious as to whether you noticed any difference after your detox.

I must say, I felt a certain amount of elation as soon as those fillings were replaced, while still in the dentist's chair. It was almost spiritual.

jim
captain of 10

Post by jim »

I had one filling out like a year and a half ago. I went to a biological dentist in UT and wanted to research this myself first.
From what I could find online, eating a lot of cilantro and taking quite a lot of chlorella helps to get the heavy metals out of the body (I've also read that apple cider vinegar is good for this, and spirulina as well, along with Brazil nuts, those are supposed to be really good at removing mercury). I ate a lot of cilantro for a few days and took chlorella and noticed a big difference in how mentaly unfoggy I was. I only had one really big filling that was removed and replaced with a composite one (hopefully the composite is less toxic than the mercury was:). I hope that info helps!

Crackers
captain of 100

Post by Crackers »

Thanks for the advice! I have upped my cilantro usage, but not really the others you mentioned, so I will try to incorporate those. I had been sensing a mental fog creeping in over the last several months- one of the things that prompted me to get rid of the mercury (I had four replaced, but they had been there for over 20 years). I do believe the fog has started to lift.