Aspergers/Autism

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Aspergers/Autism

Post by MMbelieve »

There seems to be more and more autism occurring in this world, I have even seen a statistic that in 10 years 1 in 2 children will have it. Scary thought!

Does anyone know of any proven treatment aids in alleviating the symptoms or actually improving the problem itself?

We often think of children when we think of autism, these children do indeed grow up so how do you deal with an adult with autism/aspergers?

Also, what if you find yourself married to someone who seems to be on the spectrum? Many women are married to an aspergers man and they truly do suffer because of the differences between them.

I know many have autistic children but does anyone have an autistic spouse? Or an autistic grown adult? Has anything improved for them after treatments etc?

Thanks

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: Aspergers/Autism

Post by Robin Hood »

My daughter is autistic and she is now 26.
She watches children's TV shows, and closely follows so-called "soap stars".
Apart from going to church, that is her life.
Last edited by Robin Hood on June 14th, 2017, 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

Temple Grandin is 60 years old with the diagnosis of autism. Sesame St., now has a character with autism.

My personal thoughts are that Austin in new. I have a close friend who has taught school for many years, working specifically with children that have behavioral or learning disabilities. She expressed a change she has seen
In children, i.e., uncontrolled fits, inability to focus, the blank look in their eyes, all the symptoms of autism.

I am convinced autism is man made and that a huge cover up by the FDA and other agencies who claim vaccines are safe, even though Mercury has been removed, with the exception of flu vaccines has occurred, It's all about money, the additives in vaccines are all about preserving and making even more money off a vile of vaccine. Formaldehyde, Mercury, etc. are damaging the children's brains, it's criminal in my opinion.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

My dad is 83 and mildly autistic. He is the one who suffers from emotional abuse by my mom.

My older brother is 44 and also mildly autistic. He has never married and probably never will. He can take care of himself but he doesn't very well. He struggles to keep a job and is terribly irresponsible. My younger brother is often covering bills for him.

My youngest brother (not the one mentioned above) is highly autistic. He can't take care of himself. He functions perhaps on the level of a seven-year-old. He is 36. He will need care all his life.

Ezra from this forum has used CBD oil to reverse his son's autism when his son was 4-5 years old. I don't know how it would affect an adult who is autistic. My parents have my little brother on a cocktail of drugs which is frequently tweaked by a doctor they see on a regular basis. They aren't open to other ideas. When they pass on, unless things have changed, I'm next in line to get custody of him. I will try different things at that time.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

There are many things that I've read about that can help. One needs to rid the body of heavy metal toxic build-up and heal the gut of improper bacteria balance. Find and get rid of food and chemical sensitivities Diet is HUGE.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Well as someone who has it and is 28, I will give a little window into my life.

It sucks.

(This will be a rambling non liner mess of thoughts and insights int my existence).

More serious, I have a job, and a place of my own, my parents live far and my only sibling is off in the army.
Technically he is my room mate, or more accurately his stuff is my room mate.
I don't have any close friends, I never had, the idea is alien to me. My friends I see every so often, nothing major and they and I don't much see eachother (they all, with the exception of 2, are all in relationships and having the sad single weird friend around is, well weird).
Work is pointless, I do it to buy things, that's what I live for these days. I buy wargaming miniatures, sometimes paint, sometimes play, usually nothing, just like having them I guess.
I sell most later, it's a cycle.
Been at that 16 years.
I love to write, I've written about half a dozen novels no one has ever read and probably never will. They're for me not for others. I invented a Dungeons and Dragons like game that can be played by myself, most things I do are alone, though as I get older I don't like to do as many things as I used to, socializing is getting harder as people expect more of me that I cannot deliver so I have had to fight more and more to avoid becoming a shut in (who only goes to work and hides at home). All the things, save for writing, that I like to do, I am really bad at.
Not sure why.
I enjoy bird watching, the idea of it always is relaxing and I plan to invest more into that.
I couldn't bring myself to really attend much of the church here because I am terrified to the core of interacting with the other people my age and how pathetic they would see me, and in some ways, though I think myself and know I am, quite superior in intelligence, I am quite inferior in many other ways. I just don't like talking to most people anymore.
I already know the people in churches don't much like single weird people nearing their 30s, not waking up early on Sunday to be made a mockery of, I've had enough mockery and I am sure have plenty to come.
I liked a girl, like really liked one for the first time at the beginning of the year, she was just as awkward and weird as I was, I thought it was destined to be, but alas it wasn't and I still am a bit bent out of shape over it and was finally pushed to make the move out of the city to be able to never see her again.
Other girls have liked me but they were all the same sorts, women who had children, who had been abused in the past and didn't really care any about me more what I could give them.
I knew they'd turn sour eventually, that my quirks would drive them nuts and I didn't want to be involved with their past drama or children so I turned them down.

I used to have dreams and goals, I really loved what I did but now it's all meaningless, it brings little joy and is more a compulsion, something to drive away the boredom and fears of tomorrow.
Having aspergers is a truly awful thing, I have no prospects for meaningful employment, none for marriage (i would ruin them, this much I know), this is my life and it is lousy.
I am waiting out a grand clock and I become sad to think it has another 50-60 years, when eventually, my small family circle will be all gone and I will truly be alone.

I know both my parents want me to live with them, but I can't because what I have is what little success I ever will have in this life.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Have you tried CBD oil, Sirocco? It's supposed to work miracles on children with autism. I wonder if it would work on you.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Meili wrote: June 15th, 2017, 10:20 am Have you tried CBD oil, Sirocco? It's supposed to work miracles on children with autism. I wonder if it would work on you.
What is that?
I imagine it would have less of an effect since I am near 30 and not a child.

Tree
captain of 100

Post by Tree »

Clean up the diet. Go gluten free - no wheat, barley, rye and oats.
Needs omega 3, 6, 9's (essential fatty acids), selenium.The body & brain needs many nutrients and will need to supplement!

By cleaning up the diet and eliminating gluten and solving a "leaking gut" the symptoms will be greatly reduced.

FYI: Medications only deal with the symptoms.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

You're the second person to tell me to go gluten free

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Sirocco wrote: June 14th, 2017, 10:16 pm Well as someone who has it and is 28, I will give a little window into my life.

It sucks.

(This will be a rambling non liner mess of thoughts and insights int my existence).

More serious, I have a job, and a place of my own, my parents live far and my only sibling is off in the army.
Technically he is my room mate, or more accurately his stuff is my room mate.
I don't have any close friends, I never had, the idea is alien to me. My friends I see every so often, nothing major and they and I don't much see eachother (they all, with the exception of 2, are all in relationships and having the sad single weird friend around is, well weird).
Work is pointless, I do it to buy things, that's what I live for these days. I buy wargaming miniatures, sometimes paint, sometimes play, usually nothing, just like having them I guess.
I sell most later, it's a cycle.
Been at that 16 years.
I love to write, I've written about half a dozen novels no one has ever read and probably never will. They're for me not for others. I invented a Dungeons and Dragons like game that can be played by myself, most things I do are alone, though as I get older I don't like to do as many things as I used to, socializing is getting harder as people expect more of me that I cannot deliver so I have had to fight more and more to avoid becoming a shut in (who only goes to work and hides at home). All the things, save for writing, that I like to do, I am really bad at.
Not sure why.
I enjoy bird watching, the idea of it always is relaxing and I plan to invest more into that.
I couldn't bring myself to really attend much of the church here because I am terrified to the core of interacting with the other people my age and how pathetic they would see me, and in some ways, though I think myself and know I am, quite superior in intelligence, I am quite inferior in many other ways. I just don't like talking to most people anymore.
I already know the people in churches don't much like single weird people nearing their 30s, not waking up early on Sunday to be made a mockery of, I've had enough mockery and I am sure have plenty to come.
I liked a girl, like really liked one for the first time at the beginning of the year, she was just as awkward and weird as I was, I thought it was destined to be, but alas it wasn't and I still am a bit bent out of shape over it and was finally pushed to make the move out of the city to be able to never see her again.
Other girls have liked me but they were all the same sorts, women who had children, who had been abused in the past and didn't really care any about me more what I could give them.
I knew they'd turn sour eventually, that my quirks would drive them nuts and I didn't want to be involved with their past drama or children so I turned them down.

I used to have dreams and goals, I really loved what I did but now it's all meaningless, it brings little joy and is more a compulsion, something to drive away the boredom and fears of tomorrow.
Having aspergers is a truly awful thing, I have no prospects for meaningful employment, none for marriage (i would ruin them, this much I know), this is my life and it is lousy.
I am waiting out a grand clock and I become sad to think it has another 50-60 years, when eventually, my small family circle will be all gone and I will truly be alone.

I know both my parents want me to live with them, but I can't because what I have is what little success I ever will have in this life.
I'm no therapist, but, your symptoms sound more like depression than autism. Not saying you don't have autism, just saying that your description sounds like depression. That's an awful illness to have and the persistent kind can make life very difficult and unpleasant.

I've always been considered weird by others and never was very good at socializing and fitting in. I can get along with people better online than I can in person but even some would question that. I tend to be too open, too blunt, and intense for most people I come across although I'm actually quite tender hearted, sensitive, and empathetic. Just my experiences, not saying anything bad about myself because I feel quite happy with who I am, being an introvert and being my quirky self.

-Finrock

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Sirocco wrote: June 15th, 2017, 10:32 am
Meili wrote: June 15th, 2017, 10:20 am Have you tried CBD oil, Sirocco? It's supposed to work miracles on children with autism. I wonder if it would work on you.
What is that?
Its the non-psychoactive part of cannabis.

-Finrock

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

I was officially diagnosed with it, to be fair (Aspergers) I mean I do get depressed indeed, who wouldn't lol
I don't know if I want to give up bread, the crazy girl I had feelings for told me to, but she had legit heath issues with it and claimed I did too.
I didn't believe her and now she's basically gone and it doesn't matter what she thinks anymore.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Finrock wrote: June 15th, 2017, 10:51 am
What is that?

-Finrock
I think that really only works on young still developing brains

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Sirocco wrote: June 15th, 2017, 10:55 am
Finrock wrote: June 15th, 2017, 10:51 am
What is that?

-Finrock
I think that really only works on young still developing brains
Worth a try, no?

-Finrock

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Sirocco wrote: June 15th, 2017, 10:54 am I was officially diagnosed with it, to be fair (Aspergers) I mean I do get depressed indeed, who wouldn't lol
I don't know if I want to give up bread, the crazy girl I had feelings for told me to, but she had legit heath issues with it and claimed I did too.
I didn't believe her and now she's basically gone and it doesn't matter what she thinks anymore.
I believe you that you have autism spectrum disorder but you sound like you have depression as well.

Although you may not be able to treat the autism spectrum disorder that you have, you can do something about depression. I don't think they need to go hand-in-hand. Depression will suck whatever life and pleasure you have left out of you if not treated. Cues that I read in your post are that things you used to like no longer bring joy or pleasure. Feeling like things are pointless. Feeling like life is meaningless. Not wanting to be around people. Feeling like life is just a grind and you just have to deal with it. In short feeling like life sucks, then you die. That is depression as far as I'm concerned.

CBD oil can help with depression as well. Aren't you in Canada? I believe they have medical marijuana access so you should be able to get CBD oil fairly easily. Or, maybe give medical marijuana a shot to help alleviate some of the symptoms of depression. Just saying that its been known to help with depression. And, there are other things you can do. I've dealt with depression in my own life so I'd be happy to share things that have helped me in PM if you wish.

-Finrock

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

I believe there is such a significant difference between aspergers and autism that they are two separate things.
They share some commonalities, which is why they get lumped together on the "autistic spectrum", but they are very different in reality, and they certainly affect their sufferers in very different ways.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Sure, but like where do you get the oil?
I know where to get the stuff that makes one scream like Alex Jones, that's on my list lol

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Sirocco wrote: June 15th, 2017, 11:50 am Sure, but like where do you get the oil?
I know where to get the stuff that makes one scream like Alex Jones, that's on my list lol
There's stuff that makes you scream like Alex Jones . . . ? Never mind, I don't want to know.

I can't for the life of me remember the name of the company Ezra recommended. I'll see if I can go back and find it. Apparently, you can find CBD oil all over but it's important to find a good brand. There are a lot of scams out there apparently. This site looked promising to give you a good idea of what companies might be trustworthy: https://www.reddit.com/r/CBD/comments/5 ... orals_and/

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Also, I was going to say that, even if CBD oil doesn't clear up your issue like it would for a child, it should still alleviate the symptoms. CBD oil is known for relieving anxiety which is a huge problem with autism. My little brother's muscles are always tense. It should help to give you relief from anxiety, at least, which may help you cope with life a bit better.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Thank you everyone for your wonderful and thoughtful replies. It is truly something I am interested or needing to learn about.

I also have read about symptoms being aleviated through diet "clean-up". I would add that milk is also on the list to avoid. It seemed that was more important than the gluten because of a direct affect on the brain or something. I'm still learning and so I appreciate everyone replies.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Sirocco wrote: June 15th, 2017, 11:50 am Sure, but like where do you get the oil?
Found it. Ezra recommends two companies here: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=41136&p=683732#p683732

Tree
captain of 100

Post by Tree »

MMbelieve wrote: June 15th, 2017, 12:11 pm I would add that milk is also on the list to avoid. It seemed that was more important than the gluten because of a direct affect on the brain or something.
That would be wrong.

Sirocco
Praise Me!

Post by Sirocco »

Meili wrote: June 15th, 2017, 12:01 pm
There's stuff that makes you scream like Alex Jones . . . ? Never mind, I don't want to know.

I can't for the life of me remember the name of the company Ezra recommended. I'll see if I can go back and find it. Apparently, you can find CBD oil all over but it's important to find a good brand. There are a lot of scams out there apparently. This site looked promising to give you a good idea of what companies might be trustworthy: https://www.reddit.com/r/CBD/comments/5 ... orals_and/
Super Male Vitality.

And I never really believed all these things to eat and not eat, not that I drink a lot of milk and have drastically cut down on sodas.
I don't actually have a whole lot of anxiety, more often then not I am lost in my own thoughts and don't think about things, I mean social things make me uncomfortable, more so because i have little to say to people and feel self conscious about my life.

Rose Garden
Don't ask . . .

Post by Rose Garden »

Sirocco wrote: June 15th, 2017, 12:40 pm
Meili wrote: June 15th, 2017, 12:01 pm

Super Male Vitality.

And I never really believed all these things to eat and not eat, not that I drink a lot of milk and have drastically cut down on sodas.
I don't actually have a whole lot of anxiety, more often then not I am lost in my own thoughts and don't think about things, I mean social things make me uncomfortable, more so because i have little to say to people and feel self conscious about my life.
Now I really don't want to know but ya can't undo it, can ya?

I would say that, judging by your first post, you may be suffering from anxiety and not realize it. Are your shoulder muscles tight? Do you clench your teeth? Do you have problems with your jaw? Ever have trouble falling asleep or tend to delay going to bed until you are exhausted?