The Sacred Plant

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
Toto
captain of 1,000

The Sacred Plant

Post by Toto »

https://thesacredplant.com/docuseries/? ... 8c9dcd6ef2

Has the vast majority of LDS folks in our nation chosen to relinquish a quality no doubt essential to authentic human life…an existential responsibility to think for themselves, an ontological need to discount the petty concerns that drive the minds of those directed by a handful of inbred psychopath followers of our fallen brother Lucifer, that they have become so fantastically preoccupied with, essentially enamored by, the norm of what others think, that they have effectively relinquished, through a process of cognitive foreclosure, the capacity to think for themselves?

Where in the Constitution, a document with God’s stamp of approval, does if give the government the right to prohibit the right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness?

Why hasn’t anyone posted this link?

Toto is confused!

Toto
captain of 1,000

Re: The Sacred Plant

Post by Toto »

Just wanted to let you know that Episode 1 is still playing here:

https://thesacredplant.com/docuseries/episode1/

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000

Post by Seek the Truth »

what plant is it?

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Seek the Truth wrote: August 16th, 2017, 1:16 am what plant is it?
Since they don't seem to say in the ad (at least up to the point I stopped listening to it), this is a guess, but I'd say marijuana.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Silver Pie wrote: October 20th, 2017, 5:37 pm
Seek the Truth wrote: August 16th, 2017, 1:16 am what plant is it?
Since they don't seem to say in the ad (at least up to the point I stopped listening to it), this is a guess, but I'd say marijuana.
"Buy our video, then we will tell you."

I also supposed it to be the noxious weed, ganja, or perhaps cannibal oil or whatever that is. But it could be mushrooms.
dc

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

David13 wrote: October 20th, 2017, 7:17 pm "Buy our video, then we will tell you."
Exactly!

It could be mushrooms, all right. I'm not interested enough to find out. When there's that much hype, the product being sold usually turns out to be nothing very important, or something that you could learn all you want to know about online.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

CelestialAngel wrote: April 6th, 2018, 5:50 pm From 2 experiences trying cannabis for my anxiety and Tourettes, once with THC and once with just CBD oil, I had psychosis episodes both times and had to be hospitalized for a few hours until they gave me Valium to come down.
Wow! Sounds like strong stuff.

Kingdom of ZION
captain of 1,000

Post by Kingdom of ZION »

CelestialAngel wrote: April 6th, 2018, 5:50 pm From 2 experiences trying cannabis for my anxiety and Tourettes, once with THC and once with just CBD oil, I had psychosis episodes both times and had to be hospitalized for a few hours until they gave me Valium to come down.
I think your wound way to tight!

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

Ayahuasca.

Jamescm
captain of 100

Post by Jamescm »

The use of cannabis/weed/whatever presents a significantly-greater-than-0% chance of inhibiting the user's agency to decline using it, as well as inhibiting the user's sobriety. If the gospel of Jesus Christ is founded around individual liberty and exercising agency, then that is my guess as to why it advocates against its use. I am extremely skeptical that there is any desirable property to be found in one single plant that can not be found anywhere else or synthesized at all.

If the plant is not marijuana, then I don't know. "Buy our video, then we will tell you.", indeed.

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

Jamescm wrote: April 24th, 2018, 1:18 pm The use of cannabis/weed/whatever presents a significantly-greater-than-0% chance of inhibiting the user's agency to decline using it, as well as inhibiting the user's sobriety. If the gospel of Jesus Christ is founded around individual liberty and exercising agency, then that is my guess as to why it advocates against its use. I am extremely skeptical that there is any desirable property to be found in one single plant that can not be found anywhere else or synthesized at all.

If the plant is not marijuana, then I don't know. "Buy our video, then we will tell you.", indeed.
Ayahuasca.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ayahuasca
Ayahuasca is a South American tea containing the potent psychedelic chemical N,N-dimethyltryptamine (DMT), which is a human neurotransmitter. The ayahuasca vine (Banisteriopsis caapi) is combined with the leaves from the shrub Psychotria viridis (or other DMT containing plants) to create the tea. Ayahuasca is the name given to the Banisteriopsis caapi vine and also the foul-tasting tea.
https://www.warrior.do/ayahuasca/
British student Henry Miller, 19, died in Colombia after apparently consuming the traditional hallucinogenic drink ayahuasca, or yage. Emma Thelwell, who took the drug herself, explains why it has become a rite of passage for some backpackers.
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27203322
Emma Thelwell wrote:I had never swallowed a pill at a party. Yet there I was in the depths of a Colombian bamboo forest, knocking back a liquid containing a psychoactive drug - under the supervision of a shaman who didn't speak a word of English.

During my month in Colombia I didn't join the thousands of backpackers indulging in the country's most famous product - cocaine. But I was sold on ayahuasca. I was intrigued by the fact that for centuries, South America's indigenous societies have used this "teacher plant" in regular rituals.

Ayahuasca, also known as yage, is a blend of two plants - the ayahuasca vine (Banisteriopsis caapi) and a shrub called chacruna (Psychotria viridis), which contains the hallucinogenic drug dimethyltryptamine (DMT). DMT - and therefore ayahuasca - is illegal in the UK, the US and many other countries. Ayahuasca could have serious implications for somebody who has a history of mental health problems, warns the UK's Talk To Frank website. The drug could be responsible for triggering such a problem in those who are predisposed but unaware of it.
http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-27203322