SAFELY COME OFF ANTIDEPRESSANT & OTHER PSYCHOTROPIC MEDS

Alternative/natural solution-based discussions of topics like health, medicine, science, food, etc.
dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Re: SAFELY COME OFF ANTIDEPRESSANT & OTHER PSYCHOTROPIC MEDS

Post by dconrad000 »

...since this is the start of a new page, I am re-inserting this...

dconrad000 wrote:This is an e-mail I've been sending out as a public service in my community and beyond. Any of you who would like to do the same, feel free to PM me your e-mail address and I will forward you the e-mail complete with live, working links.

How To Safely Come Off Antidepressant Medication And Other Psychotropics

3-3-11

I am in the process of sending this out to a great number of residents of Sanpete County and beyond -- along with all of the North and South Sanpete County School District employees and members of the School District Boards; the Central Utah Health Department employees; and the Sanpete County civic employees, including law enforcement personnel.

...as well of course, to my family members and friends.

Although this is not a problem for any of my immediate family members...our family is natural-health-oriented; have not had so much as an aspirin in the house in twenty-plus years of marriage -- and we all enjoy exceptionally good health...

...nevertheless...amongst my extended family members there have been several that have been struggling with this very serious issue. One in particular, recently has been of very great concern to me, and if not for a miracle -- would be dead now...woke up in the middle of the night a couple of months ago with a crazy urge to kill them self...downed their whole bottle of medication and went back to bed. Not realizing what had happened, their spouse arose early and left for work, while they lay comatose in bed. If it had not been for two other family members having had a "worried" feeling and coming to check on them -- this person surely would have been dead by the time their spouse returned from work. As it was, this person was ambulanced to a small-town hospital -- too far gone for them...life-flighted to a large, well-equipped hospital, where they were barely saved.

I consider it to be a miracle that this person is still with us. I believe that God had some special purpose for intervening, by "pressing upon the minds" of those two family members...which saved this beloved person from certain death...to become yet just one more psychotropic-related-death-statistic.

I decided to see what I could do to help this extended family member and have uncovered information that I think that many of you will appreciate. If a natural-health-oriented family like ours could have so many in our not-so-natural-health-oriented circle of extended family members and friends that are struggling with this issue, I am quite certain that each and every one of you do, as well. Perhaps in your case, it might be someone even closer -- such as a daughter, a son, a spouse -- but nevertheless, you have those you love and care about that are affected by this issue, as do we, I am sure.

At the bottom, I will provide a link to documentation which includes expert testimony from many, credible witnesses -- that psychotropic medication for a great many people, has as a side effect, the very symptoms they are purported to counter-act. They cause depression. They cause suicide. They cause violence. In fact, in the documentation provided you will see that persons on psychotropic medication are 10 times more likely -- an astounding 1000% more likely -- to engage in acts of violence or suicide, than if they were never put on the medication in the first place. In addition to these detrimental effects to the mind, these drugs, additionally have absolutely devastating general health consequences -- such as causing liver damage, pancreatic damage, kidney damage, nerve damage, weight gain, high cholesterol, diabetes, stroke, epilepsy, sleep disorders, impotence, infertility, lack of energy and drive, depression...and the list goes on.

When people are initially placed on these medications, those very serious side effects are often either down-played -- or not mentioned at all. Additionally, people being placed on these medications are often told that they are not addictive or habit forming. That is not true, they are very much so -- and unless one comes off them in the proper way, the withdrawal effects can be extremely severe...causing the person to believe that they really need them, that they cannot be without them -- and that they are going to have to stay on them for the rest of their lives...indeed, that is what they are told by most doctors and psychiatrists that prescribe them. Either knowingly, or unknowingly, they are most often never told about the safe and successful methods by which they really can come off those medications safely, with minimal to no withdrawal effects...and methods by which they can actually become well, healthy, and medication free -- without all the disastrous and ruinous effects of being on that medication.

You might be surprised to know that there has been a simple, effective program that has safely gotten over 40,000 people off of these medications for good, over the past 11 years -- since 1999. The program is run by a charitable, non-profit foundation. The program is free. It provides the simple instructions for both the prescribing doctor and the patient. Simply let your doctor know that you want him/her to help you become free of the medication with the use of this program. Hand him/her the information pertinent to the doctor for adjusting the prescriptions according to the instructions and the tapering schedule. You will need to employ the services of a compounding pharmacy. That is a pharmacy with the equipment and expertise to formulate prescriptions into customized, precisely incremented doses. There is a toll free support number that can provide you with any specific information you might need. If your doctor does not seem to care enough about you to be willing to help you with this -- or has the attitude that you must stay on your medication, despite your wishes to the contrary -- fire your doctor, and find one that will listen to you and be respectful of your desire to take control of your own health and life. If you per chance are having trouble finding such a doctor, feel free to contact me, and I will steer you towards one. I am aware of a few...in fact, towards the bottom, I will include information for a very respected and highly renowned psychiatrist that has been telling people the truth about these medications for years and has helped a very, very great many people off these medications -- has helped them to be well and to be medication free. In fact that doctor uses and highly recommends the program of which I have just spoken. I will provide that information a little further down...

...but first...you have absolutely got to see this! My wife, Mary just found this yesterday. I consider the timing of her finding this to be divine Providence. This will give you a little dose of reality, as to the dramatic transformation to the better that can occur in a person's life -- when they decide to take control of their own health and life -- and get off of these disastrous and ruinous medications. This is an absolutely beautiful, vibrant person -- so full of health, vigor and life -- that was totally and hopelessly addicted to these medications from her teens to the age of 47 -- now completely medication free since 1997. You would never know that she is 61 years old now...and the transformation that she made will astound you. She did it before and without the help of the above mentioned program, which has since made it much easier for people to do (the above program has a success rate of approximately 80%...pretty much anyone that wants to do it, can do it -- with a modest amount of effort).

Here is a link to a short video where she tells her story. The video is only about 20 minutes long, but I must say, it is the best video I have seen in a long, long time. I absolutely love this woman! I think I am going to adopt her as my aunt.

My Natural Mental Health Recovery Story

http://tv.naturalnews.com/v.asp?v=EB6B9 ... 740B5D97EE" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (21:51 Minutes)

...from the caption below the video...

At the age of 45 I was told that I would spend the rest of my life in and out of mental institutions. Name any psychiatric drug that existed between 1950 and 1997 and I am sure I was on it or a combination of several at some point during my late teenage years through adult life. After hearing about natural and alternative treatments for other illnesses, I decided I wanted to try these healing methods on myself to see what would happen. I had nothing to lose. In 1997 I walked away from the mental health system . . . I have not been on medication of any kind since 1997. This week I turned 61 and I feel better than I ever thought possible!

...another short clip...only about 6 minutes long...which gives a small glimpse into this beautiful person's talents and many contributions since her transformation.

Domestic Violence Speaker/Domestic Violence Show Trailer

http://youtu.be/vLLKU-3wEu8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (6:48 Minutes)

This Electrifying One-Woman Performance was created at the request of a YWCA for "a week without violence" campaign program. After what was supposed to be a onetime event in 1998, word-of-mouth about the show quickly spread. Today, "I Am Domestic Violence" is still in demand for women's conferences, schools, college campuses and in-house corporate awareness programs.

Here is a link to the program referenced above:

The Road Back

http://www.theroadback.org/default.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you have questions or need help, call the toll free number provided during business hours. If no one answers, leave a message and someone will return your call. If you need help finding a compounding pharmacy, for example they'll help you find one...or help you with whatever other questions you might have...again, it is a non-profit, charitable organization, and the service is free.

Here is a testimonial about "The Road Back" program, from the highly respected and regarded psychiatrist referenced above:

"Here's an essential handbook on how to safely and more easily wean yourself (under medical supervision) off the heavily over-prescribed psychotropic medications. I have used the program with my patients and it works!" Hyla Cass M.D. Author of Supplement Your Prescription

Here are some short video clips of some very interesting things that Dr Hyla Cass has to say:

Hyla Cass, MD -- Natural Health

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UyE0AEM9NTo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (2:08 Minutes)

Dr. Hyla Cass: First Do No Harm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnFjaWLIUik" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (3:22 Minutes)

Psychiatrist Hyla Cass says most psychiatrists simply label patients mentally ill based solely on symptoms and put them on dangerous and addictive drugs, instead of doing complete physical examinations to find and treat underlying medical conditions which can manifest as psychiatric symptoms. There are numerous non-harmful medical solutions that patients are not being offered. She also discusses the severe withdrawal effects of psychiatric drugs and what patients need to know about safely getting off of these drugs under a doctor's supervision.

Dr. Hyla Cass Speaks Out Against Meds on THE QUICK FIX
(Again here, she makes reference to "The Road Back Program" founded by James Harper)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yPg2vEDxEvw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (4:00 Minutes)

Dr. Cass on "The View"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2ocQo2w4Hk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (4:30 Minutes)

Hyla Cass M.D. appears on The View, along with one of her successfully treated patients, speaking about natural approaches to treating depression.

Hyla Cass Bio

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABFAJjGL6d0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; (4:33 Minutes)

Dr. Hyla Cass explains how she became interested in going into the health field, and emphasizing in natural health care methods.

Biography and Curriculum Vitae -- extremely impressive:

http://www.cassmd.com/about.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Here is her main website:

http://www.cassmd.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Dr Hyla Cass is an exceptionally brilliant, honest, compassionate doctor. She really keeps the Hippocratic Oath that she took..."First Do No Harm". She is telling the truth about these things. Believe her and transform your life...or help to transform the life of a loved one.

You must also see this: Evidence and testimony from several expert witnesses regarding the disastrous and ruinous effects of psychotropic medication:

http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... 20&t=15609" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(For information that pertains specifically to this topic, begin with the 7th post down from the top of the first page, time-stamped, Weds, January 5th, 7:44 pm...continuing on from there, to the bottom of the second page.)

...and this: Evidence and testimony from several expert witnesses regarding varying degrees of brain damage that can result from vaccinations, that can later lead to diagnosed, brain-dysfunction-disorders and accompanying psychotropic prescriptions:

http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopi ... &start=180" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(The entire page 7)

...and this...
dconrad000 wrote:...after sending the above e-mail out, someone that received it was kind enough to send me this. This is an absolute must-see for for every person, parent and grandparent!

Making A Killing: THE UNTOLD STORY OF PSYCHOTROPIC DRUGGING

Psychotropic drugs. It’s the story of big money—drugs that fuel a $330 billion psychiatric industry, without a single cure. The cost in human terms is even greater—these drugs now kill an estimated 42,000 people every year. And the death count keeps rising. Containing the testimony of a great many highly credible witnesses, including former drug company sales reps and researchers, lawyers, mental health experts, the families of victims and the survivors themselves, this riveting documentary rips the mask off psychotropic drugging and exposes a brutal but well-entrenched money-making machine.

To view it in full screen mode, use this link:

https://youtu.be/Lo0iWh53Pjs

Last edited by dconrad000 on October 4th, 2017, 9:16 am, edited 4 times in total.

kathedralegs
captain of 100

Post by kathedralegs »

I think it was a good idea to change the name of this thread. Valuable information here that many could benefit from. Thanks again DConrad000! It has made all the difference in my life!

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Re: Real Killer of Nicole Simpson & Ron Goldman

Post by dconrad000 »

Thank you, Kathedralegs for sharing what you have experienced. You are helping a great many with your real-life, and very personal testimony.

...from page 4...
dconrad000 wrote:Thank you very much, Kathedralegs for the PM you sent regarding your progress and for granting permission to post that PM here now. It is very, very good news and should be an inspiration to all.

Here it is, dated 2-25-2012:
kathedralegs wrote:
I am about 6 mos into being off all my psychotropic drugs. It has been quite a roller coaster ride but I knew it was my time. I hadn't been comfortable taking them for years and after reading all the information you had posted, was able to wean off and with the help of a fantastic herbalist, get much more stable. It is an amazing feeling to know that I am facing the world on my own and I am not trapped into "having" to take a prescription.

Thanks again Dconrad! Your posts were instrumental in starting me down the path...

For any that may have missed it...this was Kathedralegs original post on this thread...page 3, dated 4-20-2011. Thanks again, Kathedralegs for your inspirational post and update on your progress.
kathedralegs wrote:
Well dconrad, you have turned my world upside down. I have been on antidepressants off and on for 20+ yrs and have yet to be "cured". I have tried on a number of occasions to get off the meds because I had been through the counseling to deal with any issues, had put my trust in my Heavenly Father and knew who I was and where my strength came from. But every time I thought I could get off the meds I would do ok for a time and then the debilitating depression and feeling of despair would return. No amount of prayer, scripture study and temple attendance could convince me that life at best was difficult and worst almost impossible to endure. I have had a very nagging concern about how I would survive without my meds when life as we know it changes. I have spent the last four days watching every link related to the conspiracy to drug anyone and everyone for the sole purpose of obtaining the all mighty dollar. I had NO IDEA the history of these medications!!!! I am so angry and feel so duped. X( X( I am exceptionally grateful that I listened to the Spirit when we were trying to decide to put my ADD son on meds in sixth grade. Fortunately, all of my kids have escaped the trap that I am in but I have a sister and a mother that have been on meds for a long time. My journey to get off of these antidepressants will have to be something I do without their knowledge until I am successful because they would not be supportive of such a move. Fortunately I have a very supportive husband who is helping me research all the info I need to do this safely. As soon as I am successful, I will be shouting from the roof tops to anyone who will listen about this evil conspiracy to control and enslave. I appreciate your posting this thread. It was the right time for me and I anticipate will make an incredible difference in the quality of my life and the life of those around me. So begins the journey.
Last edited by dconrad000 on August 12th, 2014, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

...bump...
Last edited by dconrad000 on August 12th, 2014, 11:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charley
captain of 50

Post by Charley »

For those of you who have successfully removed yourself from the antidepressant meds, what natural remedies have you used to replace them? Getting off them and then staying mentally healthy are two different things.

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

This link from the first post at the top of this page should help:

http://www.theroadback.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The program uses natural supplements that have proven effective. There are tons of testimonials there. One can also get in touch with Hyla Cass, M.D. (also linked in the first post at the top of this page). She is highly competent and has had a lot of success getting people well and off these drugs through nutrition. See the information linked above.
Last edited by dconrad000 on August 12th, 2014, 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

...powerful testimony and important information given here...

I am Adam Lanza's Doctor - Rima E. Laibow, MD

Last edited by dconrad000 on October 4th, 2017, 9:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

...bump...
Last edited by dconrad000 on August 12th, 2014, 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aussie
captain of 100

Post by Aussie »

one of the most scariest things about psychotropic drugs is that they usually give them to the vulnerable people already suffering psychosis, depression, bi-polar and schizophrenia. However most of these symptoms come from spiritual weaknesses, emotional abuse, poor nutrition, other illnesses and evil spirit harassment and possession. The alarming problem is that they (the drugs) make people more vulnerable to being possessed and swiftly conditioned by evil spirits. The meds are like a porthole for evil spirit possession and constant re-possession.

When someone is suffering from psychosis (which is the pre-curser to schizophrenia where they are shown visions, illusions and confusions by evil spirits ) they overdose them with psychotropic drugs. As a result these drugs inhibit their God given natural flow of dopamine. This is the brains chemical people need to get up and move.

When these drugs inhibit the natural flow of dopamine the person develops a super sensitivity to dopamine in their brain. When the dopamine does get released problems start it causes psychosis again. So as soon as the meds stop working or they forget to take their meds they go straight back into a psychosis become highly vulnerable again and usually get re-admitted back to hospital and the cycle starts all over again.

I am really glad that other LDS are actually waking up. I had become aware of these evil money mongers and drug pushers about six years ago and no one would listen to me in the ward I belonged to. I was treated like an idiot especially by the priesthood holders. So thank you for getting this info out!

Ratbag
captain of 100

Post by Ratbag »

I fought a losing battle with major depression and PTSD till I was 54. Overa period of 15 years, a series pshrinkologists used me as a guinea pig and tried me on 20 different antipsychotics, antidepressants and antianxiety drugs. A couple of the antianxiety drugs worked a little bit, but nothing else did. Like an idiot, I went along with the program, mostly out of desperation. Those educated fools with an M.D. did lasting damage to me that I’m still paying for.

I had bad reactions to some of the drugs, but the worst was Seroquel. The stuff was only approved for treating schizophrenics, not depression, but I was one of the unauthorized guinea pigs of the VA for this drug. The only thing it did for me was it made me sleep 12-14 hours a day and stripped all my good emotions away. I was only left with a constant low level anger. I still had horrible, suicidal depression and screaming nightmares about 5-6 nights a week.

When I finally stopped taking the Seroquel after being on it for ten years, I got sick and vomited for six straight weeks. Additionally, my sleep pattern was so disturbed that I’ve only had a normal night’s sleep a total of three times in the last 18 months.

You want to know what finally broke the depression and PTSD? Talking. That’s it, just talking. My ex was a serious mongrel and didn’t care less about my past. I’d been molested and raped repeatedly as a child by three different male and females. I met my wife in 2011 and after we got married, it took her a whopping six weeks to break my depression simply by getting me to talk. I’m now depression free and my PTSD is mostly gone. I don’t have nightmares anymore, either.

I am so anti-pshrinkologist now that I would ban the profession if it were up to me.

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

...bump...

KCCraft
captain of 50

Post by KCCraft »

Thank you for posting and bumping this thread.

I have been on a number of anti-depressants since shortly after my mission, and currently they'd got me addicted to Paxil. I have been familiar with the Making A Killing video for some time, but I haven't really known what to do to get off the stuff.

Thanks to this thread I am going to take a serious look at the Road Back program. I'd be happy to report any progress I make here.

Thanks again!

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

Godspeed, KCCraft.
Last edited by dconrad000 on August 12th, 2014, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

...bump...
Last edited by dconrad000 on August 12th, 2014, 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mes5464
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by mes5464 »

Oh yeah!

I have been meaning to share my wife's story on here.

My wife has been on Prozac for depression and anxiety for years, and to be honest, it has helped her. But all along, we have both wanted to have a natural alternative for several reason, namely; prescription free (no need to keep going back to the doctor) and self-reliance (something we can store).

About two months ago, I read an article about how Turmeric was as effect as Prozac. I shared the article with my wife and so she bought some. She didn't tell me until a few weeks ago that she stopped taking her Prozac and is exclusively using Turmeric. She seems to be doing fine and the family hasn't noticed any changes in her personality.

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

Thanks for sharing that, Mes.

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

...bump...

Charley
captain of 50

Post by Charley »

mes5464, would you mind sharing the amount of Prozac your wife was taking and the amount of turmeric she is now taking? Does she put the turmeric in a gelcap to take it? Hubby is bi-polar and I'm not interested in messing with his meds, as they appear to mostly work. However, dd recently is experiencing some depression. Wondering if something like this might help her through. Thanks.

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

...bump...

karend77
captain of 1,000

Post by karend77 »

From family experience, it is important to gradually reduce the dosage over a few weeks. While doing this increasing natural remedies for it. Getting the depressed person to commit to altering their lifestyle is important. These may include:

-Exercise- which increases endomorphins and reduces stress
-Sunlight (or vitamin d3)- can find in milk or added to orange juice, but for depressed people they need much more of a supplement at first
-Flax seed oil
and
-Omega oils - fish oil, krill oil (or eating alot of fish)

Important to keep a "happy" diary - one in which you write down every day several good things each day. At first it might be as little as "I got out of bed" or "I heard a bird" or even "the sun rose again".

Dr. Weil says:
If you want to try turmeric or curcumin supplements to see if they help improve mood, look for products standardized for 95% curcuminoids that also contain piperine or black pepper extract. Follow the dosage instructions on labels. You can take turmeric or curcumin indefinitely and combine them with antidepressant drugs or with natural remedies including St. John's wort, SAMe, and other herbs that may help support a positive outlook.

http://www.drweil.com/drw/u/QAA400981/T ... ssion.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

Thank you, Karend77.

...a side note...for those on exclusively plant-based diets, that do not wish to include fish oil for the omega oils, flax seed oil is an excellent source of essential fatty acids including all of the omegas. Avocados are another good source.
Last edited by dconrad000 on August 12th, 2014, 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

...excellent article, which contains a link to a very interesting and important film.

12 Shocking Facts About the Dangers of Psychiatric Drugs

Every day, doctors and psychiatrists dole out behavior-modifying medicines for a variety of psychiatric disorders.

http://www.infowars.com/12-shocking-fac ... ric-drugs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Every day, doctors and psychiatrists dole out behavior-modifying medicines for a variety of psychiatric disorders. The disorders range from depression and ADHD (attention deficit hyperactive disorder) to bipolar and anxiety disorders. The sordid story behind how these medications work, how they come to market, and how they interfere with the lives of users is a complicated web. However, the next 12 facts will highlight the devastating story behind psychiatric drugs and how they affect millions of people in the United States alone.

1. No Physical Test Can Prove the Existence of a “Mental Disorder”
No blood, urine, or chemical imbalance exam can test for the presence of a mental disease or illness. Even x-rays or brain scans can’t show the presence of a “mental disorder.” This leads many to believe that healthy patients have a great possibility of being diagnosed with supposed “disorders” even if they are only displaying minor symptoms. Many of these symptoms include stress and difficulty concentrating — issues that can often be chalked up as a natural response to everyday stress.

2. The Psychiatric Industry is a $330 Billion Industry
That’s a huge number and many forces are at work to preserve and grow it. While most physicians are not mercenary in their approach to prescribing medications, there is an argument to be made for the possibility of a conflict of interest when it comes to the rise of psychiatric prescriptions.

3. Worldwide, Over 100 Million People Take Psychiatric Drugs
That seems like an astoundingly high number. What’s going on that so many among us feel the need to be medicated?

4. U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs: 23 Soldiers and Vets Commit Suicide Every Day
The most shocking part of this statistic is that it exists despite the use of antidepressants. These suicides are often due to post-traumatic stress disorder coupled with the inability to cope with civilian life. So far, the solution has just been more psychiatric drugs.

5. Worldwide, 17 Million Children Take Psychiatric Drugs
To say that this is a dangerous epidemic is an understatement. Regulatory agencies in Europe, Australia, and the United States have issued warnings about the potential for anti-depressants to cause suicide or hostility and rage.

6. 10 Million of These Kids are in the United States
That means the United States has 30% more children than the rest of the world on addictive stimulants, antidepressants, and other mind-altering drugs. That’s not a number one position to be proud of.

7. FDA Warnings Have Been Issued for Ritalin and Concerta
And they aren’t alone, and other psychiatric stimulants have had similar warnings issued for their effects on children. [8] What’s the problem? Well, for starters, these drugs may cause psychotic behavior, heart attack, stroke and sudden death. If that’s not enough, add suicidal thoughts and inclinations toward violent behavior to the list.

8. Antidepressants Come With a Warning Label
In 2004, the FDA finally ordered a “black box” label on all antidepressants to warn of psychiatric drugs’ increasing suicide risk in children and adolescents. Being an adult, however, doesn’t guarantee safety. In 2006, the FDA increased the age to include young adults up to age of 25.

9. Children Five and Under Are the Fastest Growing Group Being Prescribed Antidepressants
Think of all the kids under five you know — they’re the target for these drugs. Now picture this, from 1995-1999, antidepressant use increased 580% in ages 6 years and younger. It grew 151% in the 7-12 age group during the same time period. Without action, it’s only going to go up from there. Do you think children should take these drugs? Watch this video and decide for yourself…

10. 10% of Teens Abuse Ritalin and Adderall
That’s according to a U.S. news report. No surprise, these drugs have a tendency to be highly addictive. Unfortunately, because kids are prescribed these drugs en masse, availability isn’t much of an issue. They don’t need to over to skid row to pick this stuff up.

11. General Physicians Prescribe 70% of Psychotropic Drugs
No offense to family practice physicians, but should they be the ones prescribing the majority of these mind medicines? Pragmatically, this statistic literally means that a majority of these drugs get used without a psychiatric evaluation to determine if they’re necessary, appropriate, or safe.

12. Some Reports Show Antidepressants are No Better than Placebo
While published reports do show 94% effectiveness, taking a look at the total reports submitted to the FDA, only 50% reported positive outcomes. That being said, around 50% of patients would be better off taking a placebo. In addition, 31% of the 74 FDA-registered studies have never been published. Sound like a complicated number soup yet? It is, a 2009 analysis showed traditional pharmaceutical drugs yield inconsistent results.

A Final Thought…
While not everyone will succumb to the negative effects of psychiatric drugs, the risk of negative side effects cannot be ignored and should absolutely be thoroughly discussed and understood. In some cases, natural remedies for mood support may be a viable option. If you want to learn more about this insanity? You have to watch this video…
Last edited by dconrad000 on October 4th, 2017, 9:18 am, edited 2 times in total.

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

...bump...
Last edited by dconrad000 on August 12th, 2014, 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Desert Roses
captain of 1,000

Post by Desert Roses »

Thank you so much for the information to those who may need it. I am a licensed mental health counselor (and an herbalist) and I can tell you that the way psychotropic drugs have been passed out without any kind of willingness to admit they are extremely dangerous is beyond belief to me. I actually heard a psychiatrist tell me a number of years ago that the reason so many commit suicide on anti-depressants is that they start to feel better enough to actually go through with a suicide plan because the drugs work! Drugs that used to be given only to the most severely psychotic just a few years ago are now routinely prescribed to those "depressed" "anxious" or having trouble sleeping. It is terrifying to me.

I warn any and all clients to GET OFF any of these drugs if they are already on them, and AVOID THEM AT ANY COST if not. There are many herbal treatments...a good diet that is whole, fresh, and unprocessed helps a great deal, and herbal supplements, as well as some vitamin supplements can make all the difference. (BTW...no one in the mental health field can tell you how much seratonin or dopamine we need...because no one knows!) Our own body will produce adequate amounts of the brain's hormones and chemicals if provided the means. A healthy gut bacteria is known to produce 80% of the body's seratonin needs. If you are taking anti-biotics, you just messed with your mood.

dconrad000
Captain of 1000

Post by dconrad000 »

Was Robin Williams on Suicide Pills?
Infowars.com | Warning labels included with these pills state that they can lead to suicide.

http://www.infowars.com/was-robin-willi ... ide-pills/

Following the untimely death of comic genius Robin Williams, Alex Jones asks the painful question: Was Robin Williams taking SSRI pills which are known to cause people to commit suicide?

Warning labels included with these pills state that they can lead to suicide, yet the mainstream media under-reports this glaring fact.

Last edited by dconrad000 on October 4th, 2017, 9:20 am, edited 3 times in total.