Marriage admendment

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
prew
captain of 100

Marriage admendment

Post by prew »

This is an interesting subject. Here are some of my thoughts about it.
*George W. Bush is endorsing it. I am very distrustfull of him because of his past actions.
*The supreme court has been reinterpreting every law under the constitution. It has the potential of abusing this admendment.
**The supreme court has also been making up laws - such as the abortion issue. So it doesn't have to be law for the supreme court to mess up marriage laws of the individual states.
*If the time comes that law have to dictate the moral agency of man, then man has fallen a long ways from the grace of God.
*The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is endorsing this admendment. It probably doing so because the world is losing its christen values so fast.

Once again, this is an interesting issue. I do not believe in same sex marriage. But I also believe in freedom to choose. I believe it boils down to how much this nation has lost its christen heritage and values.

Paul Rew

79scholar
captain of 100

Post by 79scholar »

After studying Leo Strauss, this move doesn't surprise me one bit. Strauss believed that religion is the opiate for the masses, yet the masses need their opium.

This is George Bush's way to cater to the people after murdering them (9/11 inside job) and keeping them in constant fear. Hitler did much, even more, to cater to the German people. Skilled dictators maintain their power by giving the people what they want.

The fact that the LDS church supports this amendment is a good thing, however by supporting anything stemming from Bush has a darkening, confusing effect. Like a lulling sense of ignorance that tries to envelop one's (free) spirit -- carnal security. (2 Nephi 28:21)

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Marriage Amendment

Post by lundbaek »

Hopefully, thousands of American Latter Day Saints have written, called or emailed their senators, insisting that they vote for the Marriage Amendment Act, as admonished to do by President Hinkley. The results are still not in yet as far as I know, but before we all get to rejoicing over what we are doing, let's consider that many of us friends of the Constitution, most of whom surely regard marriage as a union specifically between a man and a woman, consider this a regrettable necessity. Note that the amendment is on the federal level. Marriage does not seem to have been included as an issue in the original intent of the men who wrote the US Constituion and the Bill of Rights. And a marriage amendment to the federal Constitution was apparently not considered by our inspired Founders. In limiting the FedGov's powers, the Founders gave the FedGov authority to do only 18 things by my count, which are clearly spelled out in Article I, Sect. 8 of the Constitution, and governing or defining marriage is not one of them. (Might they have dropped the ball on that one?) According to Amendment 10, "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the states, are reserved to the states respectively, or to the people." So technically, the FedGov, including the supreme court, has no right to get involved in marriage issues. But since we have distorted our Constitution so much already and are tolerating federal judges running rampant making laws, I guess this action involving creation of a new amendment to the Constitution is the best we can do to help stem the immorality and corruptions in our country.

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." -- John Adams

Neither the wisest constitution nor the the wisest laws will secure the liberty and happiness of a people whose manners are universally corrupt." -- Samuel Adams

"Only a virtuous people are capable of freedom. As nations become corrupt and vicious, they have more need of masters." -- Benjamin Franklin

79scholar
captain of 100

Post by 79scholar »

In Star Wars episode 2 & 3, just like the Jedi council was blinded and duped by the Emperor, even so it seems church members are lulled into carnal security, where they say all is well in Zion. When church members think of politics they see darkness and confusion, but they don't understand why they see darkness and confusion. Worse yet, I fear they don't *want* to see (wo unto the blind who will not see) simply because they don't understand it. By being kept in ignorance "I don't want gay people marrying" they unwittingly give full power to the Emperor.

Right now I'm developing lesson plans called "Be ye wise as serpents: studying today's sociology through the Book of Mormon" designed to educate and prepare members for the present and future. Here are the 7 lesson outlines I have so far:

Lesson 1: The complete Book of Mormon political parallel and the Kennedy assassination of Helaman chapter 1. (all other lessons will refer to this theme ... starts with 2 Nephi 28:21 and other quotes / scriptures like "Wo unto those who say all is well in Zion", with Joseph Smith about the constitution, with ETB regarding secret combinations, etc)

Lesson 2: The truth about 9/11 (Steven Jones, loosechange911, etc) and the art of propaganda (Screwtape Letters chapter 1). Included will be a documentary where they can see the evidence for themselves.

Lesson 3: Secret societies and clubs like the Bohemian Grove (social cohesion and vast collusion). Ether 8.

Lesson 4: Gadianton candidates: Leo Strauss and the Federal Reserve.

Lesson 5: The constitution under seige - fighting for what our founding fathers died for.

Lesson 6: The New World Order, ancient and modern Babylon. (How what the "conspiracy theorists" call the NWO, we call it Babylon -- 1 Nephi 14)

Lesson 7: The last days: Gayle from Lehi's testimony
http://www.prophecykeepers.com/koyle.html
... and Sarah's book (the woman who inspired Steven Jones to start investigating 9/11)
http://www.thereisnodeath.com

79scholar
captain of 100

Post by 79scholar »

Lesson titles for a G-rating. (everything in the Church needs a G Disney rating these days, lol)

Lesson 1: The complete Book of Mormon sociological parallel

Lesson 2: Understanding the art of propaganda

Lesson 3: Social cohesion, vast collusion, and Ether chapter 8

Lesson 4: The economy, Leo Strauss, and Gadianton

Lesson 5: Defending the consititution

Lesson 6: Ancient and modern Babylon

Lesson 7: Preparing for the last days

Anything to add? reorganize? I'd be honored if you could help me after I prepare first drafts for each lesson (I'll post them somewhere on the forum for public review) ... because I think you know a great deal about these important subjects that I may not know or miss. I feel it's time we start forming our knowlege into lessons to teach ... whether specific or not.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Marriage Amendment

Post by lundbaek »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13181735/

"The Senate on Wednesday rejected a constitutional amendment to ban gay marriage... Supporters of the amendment knew they wouldn’t achieve the two-thirds vote needed to approve a constitutional amendment, but they had predicted a majority of votes. Instead, they fell one short, 49-48... A majority of Americans define marriage as a union of a man and a woman, as the proposed amendment does, according to a poll out this week by ABC News. But an equal majority opposes amending the Constitution on this issue, the poll found.

"Forty-five of the 50 states have acted to define traditional marriage in ways that would ban same-sex marriage — 19 with constitutional amendments and 26 with statutes."

I personally don't know what to make of it. I never thought the gays in America had that much political clout to influence this vote, or any other, for that matter. So I'm left wondering what possessed so many senators to vote to permit gay marriage. But nothing of this sort surprises me after the failure to convict President Clinton and his re-election for a second term.

79scholar
captain of 100

Post by 79scholar »

In my very honest opinion, it's to get the public riled up on something other than a REAL issue.

If politicians are getting the public focused on abortion and gay marriage while they're planning things like 9/11, trimming rights under pseudo-war pretext, and colluding with Big Business for government contracts and padded pockets ... it's a sure win and a genius cover-up. Like Screwtape Letters, "Your business is to fix his attention on the stream."

The masses are so worked up on these issues they don't focus at all on Larry Silverstein, Haliburton & KBR, or even the NSA attacking the constitution. Why would they finish a perfect decoy?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Smoke screens

Post by lundbaek »

I've often wondered if Monicagate was staged as a cover-up for Chinagate, which was making its way into public attention, and would or could have been much more devistating to Clinton & Co. and probably lots of others, that Monicagate was.

79scholar
captain of 100

Post by 79scholar »

Yes, sounds like you know the science of misdirection and diversion ...

Consider how on 4/20/99, we performed a giant bombing raid over Kosovo ... but none of that got media or political attention due to Columbine. Everyone was so worked up emotionally over killings at a High School, that no one cared about the 1000s killed in our own bombings.

Columbine became popular news because it instilled *fear*, which is essentially what the "war on terror" is all about ... to instill fear in Americans - scare the crap out of them and they'll do exactly as the leaders say.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Columbine

Post by lundbaek »

And I believe Columbine was staged also, in part to make gun owners look bad

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Columbine

Post by lundbaek »

Maybe I should explain why I think Columbine was staged. 1) The 2 boys surely had to have had help getting, as reported in the media, a number of bombs the size of 20 lb. propane cylinders into the school and positioned. They had to have had a key or access through at least one accomplice, and getting a number of bombs into the school would have taken multiple trips. 2) There was no explanation about the reported suicide of the 2 boys, like did caliber and type of bullet match the weapons in their hands. 3) A massive media campaign against gun possession and concealed carry of school grounds was quickly launched that seemed more designed to destroy Second Amendment rights than generate sympathy for the victims. 4) The incident happened at the same time the National Rifle Association had scheduled their national conference in Denver.

creator
(of the Forum)

Columbine and Antidepressants...

Post by creator »

I believe that Columbine and other similar incidents are a result of the drugging of our children...

I did some research a while back about the dangers of Antidepressants, visit the following link and you'll see there are a lot of shootings linked to Antidepressants:

http://www.latterdayconservative.com/An ... #shootings

...and the merchants of Babylon, these great men of the earth, shall deceive all nations with their sorceries! [Revelation 18:21-24]

sorceries in greek means???... http://www.topical-bible-studies.org/13-0018.htm

79scholar
captain of 100

Post by 79scholar »

Wow! This explains the sudden MASSIVE funding of pharmaceuticals through price-gouging the masses with no political restraint (mostly to do with developing mind-altering drugs like the 666-chip, etc)

My interpretations:
"for thy merchants were the great men of the earth" = Central Bankers (Federal Reserve)
"for by thy sorceries were all nations deceived" - this could be referring to the 666-chip that contains some type of mind-altering drug. We know from that one woman's testimony (Gayle from Lehi) that the chip has some type of pleasure effect .... and I suspect this is because it's like unto a narcotic or mind-altering drug.

Also about Eric Harris - it would not be the first time the US has *inserted* evidence. They've framed many, and a common theme is to accuse them as being "anti-semitic" like they did with Eustace Mullins (protege of Ezra Pound). Also the news agency stated that in his journal, Eric dreamed of flying a plane into the WTC. LOL, I wonder who inserted that bit?