KBYU Not Allowing Scott Bradley in Senate Debate

Discuss principles, issues, news and candidates related to upcoming elections and voting.
arlene
Hi, I'm new.

KBYU Not Allowing Scott Bradley in Senate Debate

Post by arlene »

For Utah Voters: KBYU Not Allowing Candidate Scott Bradley in the Debate! Please Spread the Word!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
This just came in from Kathy. Please spread the word. Thank you.
Suzette

--- On Wed, 9/29/10, [email protected] wrote:

Subject: KBYU debate is back on
To:
Date: Wednesday, September 29, 2010, 11:11 PM

Scott spoke with some management people ( Mark Phillips and Diena Simmons) today at KBYU. It turns out that we were given incorrect information yesterday. The debate has NOT been recorded yet. It is due to be recorded on Oct 12th. They are still refusing to let Scott into the debate. They are saying that KBYU made a decision 20 years ago to not let any third party candidates into the debate. They said possibly the next election they might. They also made a comment in passing to Scott that he had not spent enough money on the media yet. He explained that without coverage how is he to get finanical backing to get into the media. We need to get the calls and editorials going again!!! Scott made the comment tonight that when Joseph Smith ran for President he was on a third party ticket. Would BYU not let him into a debate? Well, you get the idea..... SO CALL AND GET THOSE EDITORIALS OUT!!!!! If you did not get the newspaper list for the state please let me know, and I will resend to you. Keep on KSL as well!
KBYU 1-800-298-5298 or 1-801-422-8450
KSL [email protected] or 1-801-KSL-5555
Thank you,
Kathy

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: KBYU Not Allowing Scott Bradley in Senate Debate

Post by Original_Intent »

BYU in general is far more part of the "great and spacious building" than it is partaking of the Tree of Life. I am guessing in the cleansing that is coming that there will be some massive changes there as well.

mattctr
captain of 100

Post by mattctr »

Any BYU Alumni should make a point about withholding any future fund raising drive donations from BYU, KBYU, etc.

FreedomorBust
Hi, I'm new.

Post by FreedomorBust »

Both BYU and KSL are affiliated with the LDS Church however both have missed the boat. A POLL does not determine a person’s qualification as a candidate. First to be a candidate a person has to file and pay the fee with the Lt. Governor. Next after campaigning, a primary is held, if there is more than one candidate running for the same office. The candidate’s name, which wins the primary, will be put on the ballot. The candidate's for the US Senate seat, vacated by Bob Bennett, are Democrat Sam Granato, Republican Mike Lee and Constitution Party Scott Bradley. To verify this go to http://elections.utah.gov/2010Candidates.htm. Scott Bradley has not been invited to both the BYU and KSL debates. The Church I belong to and believe in would not allow this to happen. I also don't believe the head of this Church, our Savior, would approve of this bias. This I feel is an atrocity of great magnitude. I am not, by any stretch of the imagination a supporter of the University of Utah. They did invite all three candidates to the KUED TV debate. This is not about what party a person belongs to this is about fair play, what is right or wrong and, what is ethical or not ethical. The integrity of both BYU and KSL TV are what's at stake. Non-members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints and especially those who are bitter must be thrilled to death.