The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
1ofthe144000hp's
captain of 10

The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Post by 1ofthe144000hp's »

Who will be the Prophet on the earth prior to Christ coming to the new Jeruselem? I heard the prophets first name will be David, but the member who told me gave me no reference. Has anyone heard of this? If it's true it might be David A. Bednar! Any thought on this would be appriciated. Thanks

gruden
captain of 1,000

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Post by gruden »

If you're 1 of the 144K, shouldn't you be telling us the answer? :?:

I think what you're referencing is the Isaiah prophecy (haven't made up my mind yet if that interpretation is correct or not) of a descendant of David fighting for Israel and leading the new exodus. That doesn't necessarily mean his name will be David, just that he's a direct descendant. I don't know that he will be the president of the church at any time. You would think so, but one book I read indicated he will probably not be in the Church leadership when he begins his mission. Maybe someone else can say for sure either way.

pjbrownie
captain of 1,000

Post by pjbrownie »

This may be a prophet raised up to the Jewish people.

Of course he will answer and be subordinate to the Priesthood, let's get that out of the way, but just saying.

gruden
captain of 1,000

Post by gruden »

pjbrownie wrote:This may be a prophet raised up to the Jewish people.

Of course he will answer and be subordinate to the Priesthood, let's get that out of the way, but just saying.
He will definitely be a member of the Church and have the priesthood. In his case he will have a fullness of the priesthood in order to do the kind of things he'll supposedly do, much like Moses, Elijah, etc. That being said, Gileadi is saying he will not just fight for the Jews in Israel, but will also lead the new Exodus to Zion/New Jerusalem.

Of course, the 144K will in all probability have a fullness of the priesthood as well...

Cowell
captain of 100

Post by Cowell »

http://www.mormonwiki.com/Second_Coming
The Prophet Joseph Smith, said: “… the throne and kingdom of David is to be taken from him and will be given to another by the name of David in the last days, raised up out of his lineage.” (Doctrinal History of the Church, vol. 6, p. 253.) Jeremiah, Ezekiel, Isaiah, Hosea and Zechariah also prophesy of this event.
Could also be David Todd Christofferson.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Cowell wrote: Could also be David Todd Christofferson.
Two conferences ago he gave a great talk on coming to Zion. It must be him :wink:

hedgehog
captain of 100

Post by hedgehog »

With an obnoxious and levitous name like that you sound more like a J-Dub to me. If you are of Ephraim good luck being one of the 144k, there is only 12k from each tribe. You include 90+% of the male church body and potentially could include those who have already died or are wherever the lost tribes are and pretty quickly... that 12k number is small.

Much of the discussion of a David of the last days refer to what many interpret as a new king David who rebuilds Israel.

sbsion
captain of 1,000

Post by sbsion »

Let's see, was Enoch's oldest son named David, he certainly would "trump" any GA today with seniority, or, maybe Shem's oldest son was named David, likewise he would have seniority, maybe one of the three Nephites had a son named David, well, then, there's always a son of John, who could be waiting to fill a "dream Revelation"..I doubt very much he will come from the Church, but, certainly he was fore-ordained...........hey, maybe, does Elred G. Smith have a son/gson named David.......hmmm just some thots :roll: :wink: :idea:

ready2prepare
captain of 1,000

Post by ready2prepare »

Golly, hedgehog, what kind of a welcome is that for 1ofthe144000hp's? :shock:

Here we go again...(back to Avraham Gileadi):

"Avraham Gileadi's The Book of Isaiah has caused no little stir among
Latter-day Saint students of the scriptures. On the one hand, there
are several prominent scholars in the Church who have acclaimed the
book as a giant step forward in our understanding of Isaiah. On the
other hand, the book has generated considerable controversy because
of its thesis that the principal prophetic message of Isaiah concerns a
"Davidic king" whom the Lord will raise up in the last days for the
temporal salvation of his people..."

Bruce R. Porter, Review of Books on the Book of Mormon, p.40-50

More interesting commentary on this so-called "Davidic King" here:
http://www.scottmoravec.com/Religion/davidic.htm

Best Regards,
Sharon in Mississippi

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

And it shall come to pass that I, the Lord God, will send one mighty and strong, holding the scepter of power in his hand, clothed with light for a covering, whose mouth shall utter words, eternal words; while his bowels shall be a fountain of truth, to set in order the house of God, and to arrange by lot the inheritances of the saints whose names are found, and the names of their fathers, and of their children, enrolled in the book of the law of God;
8 While that man, who was called of God and appointed, that putteth forth his hand to steady the bark of God, shall fall by the shaft of death, like as a tree that is smitten by the vivid shaft of lightning.
The arrival of this "one" will coincide with the death of the man "who was called of God and appointed". Some say this has been fulfilled, but I can't find the installment of any church historical figures coinciding with anyone falling by the "shaft of death". But as for us the commoners, it really means nothing. What should concern us is that we do not apostatize, for those "that are found to have apostatized, or to have been cutoff from the church, as well as the lesser priesthood, or the members, in that day shall not find an inheritance among the saints of the Most High; " But it is still very interesting stuff. I know a megalomaniac who thinks this one "mighty and strong" is him, which is too bad for him, because he is not.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

ithink wrote: I know a megalomaniac who thinks this one "mighty and strong" is him, which is too bad for him, because he is not.
That reminds me, has anyone heard from our latter-day Capt. Moroni lately?? It seems he quit posting right before conference... the one where the call-out was to occur but didn't :o :wink:

I believe the mighty and strong one will be the prophet at the time, whatever his name may be.

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Hey Shadowman I can tell you. The Captain went into business with JBalm trademarking Wise Virgin T Shirts to market at various LDS chat sites. They offered a piece of the action to me but I am to busy posting on the forum to actually work for a living. :lol:

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Mark wrote:Hey Shadowman I can tell you. The Captain went into business with JBalm trademarking Wise Virgin T Shirts to market at various LDS chat sites. They offered a piece of the action to me but I am to busy posting on the forum to actually work for a living. :lol:
That's actually believable!
Did the thugs at GM take out Jbalm for bad-mouthing them or did he just get bored with us?

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

Did the thugs at GM take out Jbalm for bad-mouthing them or did he just get bored with us?

I vote the second. Come to think of it JB left at about the same time as CHH did. You don't think we had another serial skitzoid on our hands do you dependsman??

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Mark wrote:

I vote the second. Come to think of it JB left at about the same time as CHH did. You don't think we had another serial skitzoid on our hands do you dependsman??
You may be right my colostomy bag wearing friend, but as I recall JB left a few weeks after ChelC gave CHH the steel toed boot. If I remember correctly, and I always do, Jbalm left about the same time our Dakotan buffalo friend gave you the big thumbs down and you went on strike. JB might not know you came back and redeemed this site. He's probably still in the theatre room in his basement watching Rachelle Rachelle 8)

Mark
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Mark »

You may be right my colostomy bag wearing friend, but as I recall JB left a few weeks after ChelC gave CHH the steel toed boot. If I remember correctly, and I always do, Jbalm left about the same time our Dakotan buffalo friend gave you the big thumbs down and you went on strike. JB might not know you came back and redeemed this site. He's probably still in the theatre room in his basement watching Rachelle Rachelle 8)

You need to get out of the Insurance game and go out on the stand up comedy circuit funny man. :lol:

ready2prepare
captain of 1,000

Post by ready2prepare »

Mark wrote:You need to get out of the Insurance game and go out on the stand up comedy circuit funny man. :lol:
Mark, I think he'd make a great shadow-boxer. :lol:

Put him on with David Letterman...and you get to referee, hee hee.

Best Regards,
Sharon in Mississippi

ithink
captain of 1,000

Post by ithink »

shadow wrote:... ChelC gave CHH the steel toed boot...
That was a shame. CHH was one of only a few on this forum that I consistently agreed with. At least he really put his money where his mouth was. God bless you CHH wherever you are.

firend
captain of 1,000

Post by firend »

i have been gone for awhile out of state. What happened to CHH? like booted as in gone gone?

M249Gunner
captain of 100

Post by M249Gunner »

1ofthe144000hp's wrote:Who will be the Prophet on the earth prior to Christ coming to the new Jeruselem? I heard the prophets first name will be David, but the member who told me gave me no reference. Has anyone heard of this? If it's true it might be David A. Bednar! Any thought on this would be appriciated. Thanks
It's gonna be me and my machine gun. Just kidding Aussie! :wink:

ready2prepare
captain of 1,000

Post by ready2prepare »

Well, if you're counting Popes, we're almost there...

Pope Benedict is the next-to-last Pope before the
Judgement of the world, according to the Irish Saint
Malachy and ABC news:

http://abcnews.go.com/story?id=8499430

And I'm watching the signs of the times
and following the Prophet. :D

Best Regards,
Sharon (Making the Best of Basics) in Mississippi

Helping people prepare for uncertain times ahead:
http://www.preparednessyellowpages.com

Mullenite
captain of 1,000

Post by Mullenite »

Quote Dr Cohen
Their names are Eldad and Medad. They are twins in Jerusalem. Their ministry occurs during the 6th archangels time period, 3 ½ years or the 2nd woe. He continues his description all the way to chapter 15. Then he stops again. What comes on the scene. The Temple. What happened on the 15th day of the 7th month. The Feast of the Temple.. Then it goes all the way to Rev 22. When does he talk about the 3rd and final wo? Turn to Revelation 16:16. "And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon. Armageddwo means, " Mt of Misery and Endless Wo". And the seventh angel poured out his vial into the air; and there came a great voice out of the temple of heaven, form the throne, saying, It is done." That is the exact day that Daniel is referring to. What is the sign? DARKNESS. Michael is taking the earth on a little trip through space to the Lord. There you have it! Now, how comes it says in Rev 8:1 that there will be silence in heaven? What do you think is going on in heaven right now? They are working their tails off, because they know they only have 4 years to get it all done, because what happens when the 7th seal is opened? Heaven Rests! There is silence in heaven. Does that mean there is silence on earth? No! When the 7th seal is open it is the Sabbatical millennium where there will be peace and rest (in heaven) and for 22 years heaven will hold its breath. What does all this tell you about the truthfulness of the gospel. If all this is true, then the church is true, because look what Joseph Smith revealed to us. There is going to be a Super Nova in 2011, and there is no other way we could have known if it weren't for Joseph Smith. I bear you my testimony that it is true. The stakes are high for me to come out and say all this. Do you not think I'm going to be praying hard from now until Sept. 22 2011? You betcha! But see, the spirit has already born witness to me that it is true. Now you need to go home and and pray about it yourself and receive your own witness. You need to prepare spiritually and physically. You have to understand that the Lord doesn't want anyone to perish. If's clear in the Pearl of Great Price that from the time when the city of Enoch was translated until the flood, 600 years later, people were being translated up to the city of Enoch. In other words, when the city of Enoch was translated not everyone was worthy, so the Lord gave them a 600 year grace period, so people were being translated during that time right up to the flood. When the flood came, the people that perished were the wicked. It is the same thing that will happen with the baptism by fire. The only thing is we don't have 600 years. We have until the Sabbatical decade to get ready. We will be caught up to meet the Lord and escape the baptism by fire. The end of the 3rd and final woe is when the Lord reveals himself to all of the army's of Armageddon.
Last edited by Mullenite on November 14th, 2009, 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mullenite
captain of 1,000

Post by Mullenite »

Again Dr Cohen:

SIXTH ANGEL (Abel/ ) 2029 to 2033
SEVENTH ANGEL (Adam/Michael) 2033
There is so much we can cover Brothers and Sisters. I have given you my heart and soul. I have been working on this for years. I bear you my testimony that the church is true and that President Hinckley is a prophet, and I also bare my testimony that we are about to enter a new era of the church. When the 7th seal is open we are going to see the dispensation of the fullness of times come to a climax. There is so much more that will be revealed, and it will happen after the 7th seal is opened. There will be new sections of the D&C written through the Urim & Thumim. Who knows, we may already have it. And the Lord is going to give us time to get ready. There is no time to procrastinate. It will take a good 20 years for us to be righteous enough to meet the Lord. As the earth moves into the vortex there will be a huge earthquake. The blood red moon will represent a reflection of all the bloodshed on earth. One last thing about the Super Nova. It will rise in the sky at midnight on Sept 22. It will light up the Eastern sky as if it were dawn. And at dawn we are going to see 2 suns in the sky. Orion is only visible to the Northern Hemisphere and part of the Southern Hemisphere. The very bottom of the Southern Hemisphere can't see Orion. What are they going to see? There will be multiple signs in the heavens. It just so happens if you live in the Antarctic, Argentina or South Africa you will see a double crescent moon caused by the Orion Super Nova. It would normally be a crescent moon at that time. What do you have to have on Rosh Hashana? A new moon, a double crescent moon. One by land two by sea. One crescent for the first coming. One crescent for the second coming. On Sept 21st, astronomers have a great big telescope. On Sept 21st they are going to alert the whole world that Orion has gone Super Nova. They will see it exploding in their telescope. We cant see it with our naked eye until it climaxes. Now if you haven't been filled tonight, I don't know what else to talk about. The spirit has been very strong tonight. I'm really impressed with your responses. I can tell that your in tune and that you're following the promptings of the spirit. I hope I have given you enough for a foundation. I believe that in the next 4 years life will go on as usual. In the year 2011, life as we know it is going to change. There is going to be havoc on this planet. If everything is dying. What does that mean for us. Zion, the Lord's people will never ever be destroyed again. I believe that their will be a unification of God's people in the New Jerusalem, and also in the Old Jerusalem. A lot of you believe in tent cities. I don't have a problem with that. In the millennium the temple work is going to be going on full force. For a thousand years we will be preparing the earth for a celestial glory. Imagine how fast the next four years are going to go. The beautiful thing about a fireside like this is you can set aside all of the worldly concerns and problems and talk about the things that really matter. Times are going to get worse, but they are also going to get better. Think of all the glorious things that we are going to see happen. The temple is going to go up in Jerusalem. Before the Savior comes, Israel is going to have a monarchy. Someone is going to stand up with the rod of Aaron and he is going to throw his rod on the ground and it is going to become a serpent. He is going to pick it up and it is going to become a rod again. He is going to turn water to blood. He is going to stick his hand in his bosom and it is going to be leperous. He will stick his hand back in his bosom and it is going to be held. Why is he going to do this? When did it happen before? With Moses. What do the Jews seek for? A sign. A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign, but the Lord is going to be merciful unto them. He is going to give them three signs that they know of. The Jews know those signs because it is part of the Torah. And when they see those signs they are going to know that this person is to be crowned King. This is all going to happen in the next 5 years, and it is going to be all over the news. This person is going to take the Urim and Thumim and root out a massive terrorist attack in Israel. It is all in the scriptures! There are three Prophets that are going to arise in Israel before the end. There are the 2 witnesses and this a King. Those 3 individuals in Israel are going to be clues to us that the time is near. There are going to be 2 sets of 12 apostles. One for the New and one for the Old Jerusalem, but one Prophet. Who is going to be the Prophet? Ephraim got the birthright and Ephraim is in America so the Prophet will dwell in the New Jerusalem.

SwissMrs&Pitchfire
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by SwissMrs&Pitchfire »

I just figured the Kingdom of David given to another of the same name in the last days was fulfilled when David Ben Gurion became the first prime minister and started rebuilding Israel. Makes sense to me.

Mullenite
captain of 1,000

Post by Mullenite »

David Ben-Gurion Illegally Manufactured Nuclear Weapons

Israeli Prime Minister David Ben Gurion feared for Israel's future, and Israeli success in the 1956 Sinai campaign did nothing to allay those fears. In the late 1950s, Ben Gurion told an aide: "I could not sleep all night, not even for one second. I had one fear in my heart: a combined attack by all Arab armies."

Ben Gurion was determined that Israel should have a "nuclear option." Only a nuclear weapon could counter the numerical superiority of the Arabs