Behold...the fruit of Denver Snuffer *warning: requires a strong stomach*

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
totsuzen
captain of 50

Behold...the fruit of Denver Snuffer *warning: requires a strong stomach*

Post by totsuzen »

If "by their fruits ye shall know them", Denver has a lot of fruit now bursting forth for one to test.
Though the followers will blame themselves for their bickering, one has to observe who helped to nourish and dung the tree now bearing fruit. In both cases, the servant and the tree were filled with pride.

Years ago Denver had a dream about watching a train wreck happen before him while he was ever safe on the sidelines, out of the chaos.
Looks like the fulfillment has come to pass.

He has produced a covenant whereby his followers must accept or perish in the coming calamities. He has also been told by the Lord that those taking the covenant will need to come up with a Guide and Standard for newcomers to this religion to read and understand how this group operates. The Lord told Denver (actually David because God gave him a new name), the Lord told David that he was forbidden from helping these people and they must sort it out for themselves.

Here is ONE sample of the sorting (you must scroll down to read 'comments' to see a portion of the battle now taking place):

http://guideandstandard.blogspot.com/20 ... mment-form

Full blog here: http://guideandstandard.blogspot.com

If the keeper of the Gate is the Holy One of Israel and He employs NO servant there...it does cause one to wonder why these people felt they needed someone to go to God and get a 'covenant' FOR them to repent...

Do they see they have become the very thing they criticized? They are the children of Israel failing to come up the Holy Mount and meeting the Lord face to face. So now they get less...commandments, guidelines, standards, and a Moses who 'goes' on their behalf to get a covenant for them. Or so they believe.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Behold...the fruit of Denver Snuffer *warning: requires a strong stomach*

Post by marc »

Nice title. Reminds me of the Facebook clickbait ads.

"You won't believe...!!"
"What happens next...my jaw dropped"
"This weird trick..."

"17 things Denver Snuffer doesn't want you to know!!!"

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Log vs. the Fellowships!

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

LOL so now we have the prophesied king david in our midst. First of all, the Prophet Joseph Smith taught that "the throne and kingdom of David is to be taken from him and given to another by the name of David in the last days, raised up out of HIS lineage" (TPJS, p. 339). Elder Orson Hyde, in his dedicatory prayer on the Mount of Olives, October 24, 1841, prophesied that the Jews would return to Jerusalem and that in time a leader called David, "even a descendant from the loins of ancient David, [would] be their king" (HC 4:457).

Well, let me tell you that he is NO DAVID!

topcat
captain of 1,000

Post by topcat »

LdsMarco wrote: December 23rd, 2017, 6:20 pm LOL so now we have the prophesied king david in our midst. First of all, the Prophet Joseph Smith taught that "the throne and kingdom of David is to be taken from him and given to another by the name of David in the last days, raised up out of HIS lineage" (TPJS, p. 339). Elder Orson Hyde, in his dedicatory prayer on the Mount of Olives, October 24, 1841, prophesied that the Jews would return to Jerusalem and that in time a leader called David, "even a descendant from the loins of ancient David, [would] be their king" (HC 4:457).

Do you know his lineage?

If he were of David's bloodline, then would you believe God had set His hand again?

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

topcat wrote: October 5th, 2018, 1:51 pm
LdsMarco wrote: December 23rd, 2017, 6:20 pm LOL so now we have the prophesied king david in our midst. First of all, the Prophet Joseph Smith taught that "the throne and kingdom of David is to be taken from him and given to another by the name of David in the last days, raised up out of HIS lineage" (TPJS, p. 339). Elder Orson Hyde, in his dedicatory prayer on the Mount of Olives, October 24, 1841, prophesied that the Jews would return to Jerusalem and that in time a leader called David, "even a descendant from the loins of ancient David, [would] be their king" (HC 4:457).

Do you know his lineage?

If he were of David's bloodline, then would you believe God had set His hand again?
Nope! Not through him.

Trucker
captain of 1,000

Post by Trucker »

Has he asked for other men's wives yet? That's eventually where all cults go.

Durzan
The Lord's Trusty Maverick

Post by Durzan »

Trucker wrote: October 5th, 2018, 4:41 pm Has he asked for other men's wives yet? That's eventually where all cults go.
Well, considering how Denver Snuffer believed that Polygamy was never instituted of God and that it was one of his major tenants/beliefs when he started the Snufferite movement (for lack of a better term), I don't think he will. If he did, it could easily prove disastrous for him, as not only is taking other men's wives considered adultery in God's eyes and the eyes of his followers, but it would also prove to be a form of Polygamy. That wouldn't sit well with the members of his movement that think critically and rationally.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

Durzan wrote: October 8th, 2018, 12:08 pm
Trucker wrote: October 5th, 2018, 4:41 pm Has he asked for other men's wives yet? That's eventually where all cults go.
Well, considering how Denver Snuffer believed that Polygamy was never instituted of God and that it was one of his major tenants/beliefs when he started the Snufferite movement (for lack of a better term), I don't think he will. If he did, it could easily prove disastrous for him, as not only is taking other men's wives considered adultery in God's eyes and the eyes of his followers, but it would also prove to be a form of Polygamy. That wouldn't sit well with the members of his movement that think critically and rationally.
Lindsay Hansen Park mentioned in one of the episodes of her Year of Polygamy podcast, that she has heard of Snufferites that embrace the polygamy. Then again, in a such scattered movement you will find people with all kinds of views and opinions.

ajax
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by ajax »

What does that say about the original purveyors?

DesertWonderer2
captain of 1,000

Post by DesertWonderer2 »

It’s all so sad and totally predictable.

stillwater
captain of 100

Post by stillwater »

Not participant in that Guide and Standard stuff, just an active Latter-day Saint chiming in here:

Lots of eye rolling in this thread, but absolutely nothing of substance. If you need me to, I can show you active members of the Church bickering and arguing much more venomously than in those Guide and Standard threads. Having been a member of this forum for several years, I can tell you we wouldn't have to look far to find examples. By the logic presented in this thread, such examples of debate among Latter-day Saints would force us to reject Joseph Smith's entire ministry. So either Joseph Smith wasn't a prophet, or this thread and the substanceless criticism of the folks debating the Guide and Standard are an embarrassment to those who are participating.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

Do you know his lineage?

Just because someone is a line of david, doesn't mean he's the guy. sorry but not cookie for you

topcat
captain of 1,000

Post by topcat »

LdsMarco wrote: October 23rd, 2018, 8:49 pm

Do you know his lineage?

Just because someone is a line of david, doesn't mean he's the guy. sorry but not cookie for you
That's true, clearly. But likewise, being of Davidic lineage, though certainly not conclusive, it would nevertheless be evidence IN FAVOR OF, wouldn't it?

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

topcat wrote: October 24th, 2018, 7:49 am

Do you know his lineage?

That's true, clearly. But likewise, being of Davidic lineage, though certainly not conclusive, it would nevertheless be evidence IN FAVOR OF, wouldn't it?
Not if his name isn't David.

topcat
captain of 1,000

Post by topcat »

Robin Hood wrote: October 24th, 2018, 7:53 am

Do you know his lineage?

In that case....

http://scriptures.info/scriptures/tc/section/162

But even having the lineage of and name of David doesn't guarantee anything.

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

I guess I do not understand why a false prophet is able to fool people who could seek spiritual guidance and avoid this entire woeful scenario. There are a lot of people though who hear words out of someone's mouth or read them somewhere and they just accept it as true. There is that other step, the confirmation of God, which is always available and should not be neglected.
When you listen to the so-called intellects who squat on this and other websites and iterate their bull, take that other step, you will not be left to your own foolishness if you do.
When someone scoffs at the topic of spiritual guidance or says they have that and it leads away from the restored church, then you really need to get some if you are thinking of believing their words, never JUST ACCEPT teachings from anyone of this importance. It's not difficult to get this guidance so don't neglect the help from God.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

topcat wrote: October 24th, 2018, 7:56 am

In that case....

Very convenient.
And there are people who actually believe this nonsense?

Hie'ing to Kolob
captain of 100

Post by Hie'ing to Kolob »

Possible a bit off topic, but does anyone else find it hypocritical that loyal members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints, will refer to the remnant movement as "Snufferites"? A name they hate and is purposefully intended to demean them? I think Brighamite Mormonism, is a very accurate way to describe and differentiate our particular lane of Mormonism. Of course we hate that name, and recently we learned that even using the name "Mormon" is a major victory for Satan.

Regardless of what we think of the Remnant Believers, we probably should respect their naming preference in a similar way that we now expect people to honor our recent naming preference.

topcat
captain of 1,000

Post by topcat »

Craig Johnson wrote: October 24th, 2018, 8:47 am I guess I do not understand why a false prophet is able to fool people who could seek spiritual guidance and avoid this entire woeful scenario. There are a lot of people though who hear words out of someone's mouth or read them somewhere and they just accept it as true. There is that other step, the confirmation of God, which is always available and should not be neglected.
When you listen to the so-called intellects who squat on this and other websites and iterate their bull, take that other step, you will not be left to your own foolishness if you do.
When someone scoffs at the topic of spiritual guidance or says they have that and it leads away from the restored church, then you really need to get some if you are thinking of believing their words, never JUST ACCEPT teachings from anyone of this importance. It's not difficult to get this guidance so don't neglect the help from God.
Matthew 2 says that "all of Jerusalem" was troubled at the news of a Messiah born locally.

A group of people (the wise men) from presumably thousands of miles away traveled 2 years to see and meet the Living Lord. THEY had revelations and were informed by God about God's modern work.

But what about the folks in Jerusalem, did they know the Lord walked among them, albeit as a toddler? Nope. They were "troubled" in fact at the news, instead of glad.

But, didn't they have religion?

Did they not have their prophets, seers, and revelators?

How would they answer these two questions?

Let me help:
Yes, we have our religion, and we have our prophets, seers and revelators. We trust them. We need no Messiah, save one who fits the description our leaders paint for us. All is well. You outsiders, don't worry about our salvation. We got it covered.
In contrast to your viewpoint, there are many who see clearly and say the "shepherds" of the LDS Church are derelict in their duties. From Ezek 34, the Lord speaks to Ezekiel:
2 Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel (the so-called "prophets, seers and revelators"), prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?

3 Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with the wool, ye kill them that are fed: but ye feed not the flock.
After the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled, the Lord declares in this chapter that HE will do the gathering (HE will "save His flock"), since the shepherds failed and were corrupted.

Later on in the same chapter, this is said:
22 Therefore will I save my flock, and they shall no more be a prey; and I will judge between cattle and cattle.

23 And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.

24 And I the Lord will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the Lord have spoken it.

25 And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods.

topcat
captain of 1,000

Post by topcat »

Robin Hood wrote: October 24th, 2018, 8:59 am

In that case....

Very convenient.
Not many. Maybe it's nonsense.

Don't even the Jews today say it's crazy to literally apply all the Messianic references found throughout the OT to Jesus?

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

topcat wrote: October 24th, 2018, 9:05 am
Craig Johnson wrote: October 24th, 2018, 8:47 am I guess I do not understand why a false prophet is able to fool people who could seek spiritual guidance and avoid this entire woeful scenario. There are a lot of people though who hear words out of someone's mouth or read them somewhere and they just accept it as true. There is that other step, the confirmation of God, which is always available and should not be neglected.
Matthew 2 says that "all of Jerusalem" was troubled at the news of a Messiah born locally.

A group of people (the wise men) from presumably thousands of miles away traveled 2 years to see and meet the Living Lord. THEY had revelations and were informed by God about God's modern work.

But what about the folks in Jerusalem, did they know the Lord walked among them, albeit as a toddler? Nope. They were "troubled" in fact at the news, instead of glad.

Let me help:
Yes, we have our religion, and we have our prophets, seers and revelators. We trust them. We need no Messiah, save one who fits the description our leaders paint for us. All is well. You outsiders, don't worry about our salvation. We got it covered.
In contrast to your viewpoint, there are many who see clearly and say the "shepherds" of the LDS Church are derelict in their duties. From Ezek 34, the Lord speaks to Ezekiel:
2 Son of man, prophesy against the shepherds of Israel (the so-called "prophets, seers and revelators"), prophesy, and say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God unto the shepherds; Woe be to the shepherds of Israel that do feed themselves! should not the shepherds feed the flocks?

3 Ye eat the fat, and ye clothe you with the wool, ye kill them that are fed: but ye feed not the flock.
After the times of the Gentiles are fulfilled, the Lord declares in this chapter that HE will do the gathering (HE will "save His flock"), since the shepherds failed and were corrupted.

22 Therefore will I save my flock, and they shall no more be a prey; and I will judge between cattle and cattle.

23 And I will set up one shepherd over them, and he shall feed them, even my servant David; he shall feed them, and he shall be their shepherd.

24 And I the Lord will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the Lord have spoken it.

25 And I will make with them a covenant of peace, and will cause the evil beasts to cease out of the land: and they shall dwell safely in the wilderness, and sleep in the woods.
So, I am trying to convince you to seek spiritual guidance when you receive conflicting postulations. You, on the other hand want me to rely on those "who see clearly." I just think you are very confused (or maybe you have had success at disaffecting people who have real testimonies) to believe I or anyone who has ever sought spiritual guidance from God would even consider that. I am not going to lay down my relationship with God in order to follow some man or woman or animal that the Spirit has taught me not to follow. I am going to follow the Spirit.
I do not "see clearly" and neither does ANYONE else, you and all of us need the guidance of the Holy Spirit. If that bothers you then that is the real, root problem.

Robin Hood
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Robin Hood »

topcat wrote: October 24th, 2018, 9:10 am
Robin Hood wrote: October 24th, 2018, 8:59 am

In that case....

Very convenient.
Not many. Maybe it's nonsense.

Don't even the Jews today say it's crazy to literally apply all the Messianic references found throughout the OT to Jesus?
Yeah... but they're wrong.

topcat
captain of 1,000

Post by topcat »

Craig Johnson wrote: October 24th, 2018, 9:17 am

Let me help:

So, I am trying to convince you to seek spiritual guidance when you receive conflicting postulations. You, on the other hand want me to rely on those "who see clearly." I just think you are very confused (or maybe you have had success at disaffecting people who have real testimonies) to believe I or anyone who has ever sought spiritual guidance from God would even consider that. I am not going to lay down my relationship with God in order to follow some man or woman or animal that the Spirit has taught me not to follow. I am going to follow the Spirit.
I do not "see clearly" and neither does ANYONE else, you and all of us need the guidance of the Holy Spirit. If that bothers you then that is the real, root problem.
Please do as you think is most wise.

I was quoting scriptures, given to us as a guide.

I have a testimony, thank you very much. You believe you do too. Great!

There are many scriptures that point to latter-day apostasy. Your belief: such warnings exempt YOUR leaders and institution.

My belief: the scriptures were given to warn those apostatizing. Nobody is exempt!

Conclusion: I heed the warnings. You ignore them, saying they apply to "others".

Suit yourself.

Proof I am correct: you will refuse to investigate the scriptures and certainly will not apply them to you/your institution, which you believe is immune.

Craig Johnson
captain of 1,000

Post by Craig Johnson »

topcat wrote: October 24th, 2018, 9:28 am
Craig Johnson wrote: October 24th, 2018, 9:17 am

Let me help:

Please do as you think is most wise.

I was quoting scriptures, given to us as a guide.

I have a testimony, thank you very much. You believe you do too. Great!

There are many scriptures that point to latter-day apostasy. Your belief: such warnings exempt YOUR leaders and institution.

My belief: the scriptures were given to warn those apostatizing. Nobody is exempt!

Conclusion: I heed the warnings. You ignore them, saying they apply to "others".

Suit yourself.

Proof I am correct: you will refuse to investigate the scriptures and certainly will not apply them to you/your institution, which you believe is immune.
I do not do as I think "most wise" typically, when I follow the Spirit. It seems that you are pitting the Spirit against the scriptures, that is a losing postulation. I have not even began talking about the scriptures, but you also need spiritual confirmation about those, which I have received.
I guess you are not a member since you state: "There are many scriptures that point to latter-day apostasy. Your belief: such warnings exempt YOUR leaders and institution." (Your capitalization).
Since you cannot teach me and you refuse to be taught I will now retire since arguing about this is completely fruitless.