A dream about ALL of you

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
totsuzen
captain of 50

A dream about ALL of you

Post by totsuzen »

This post is worth your time: http://theremnantofjacob.com/blog/a-dream/

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Re: A dream about ALL of you

Post by Michelle »

I absolutely agree that we are to receive our own witness of the truth. I absolutely disagree that the prophets and apostles of our day are leading us astray. These verses speak of those who are deceived into believing the prophets are seeking power and not God's will. God has ordained prophets in all dispensations from Adam to today, to believe we do not need them is truly vain and foolish.

Helaman 16:15 Nevertheless, the people began to harden their hearts, all save it were the most believing part of them, both of the Nephites and also of the Lamanites, and began to depend upon their own strength and upon their own wisdom, saying:

16 Some things they may have guessed right, among so many; but behold, we know that all these great and marvelous works cannot come to pass, of which has been spoken.

17 And they began to reason and to contend among themselves, saying:

18 That it is not reasonable that such a being as a Christ shall come; if so, and he be the Son of God, the Father of heaven and of earth, as it has been spoken, why will he not show himself unto us as well as unto them who shall be at Jerusalem?

19 Yea, why will he not show himself in this land as well as in the land of Jerusalem?

20 But behold, we know that this is a wicked tradition, which has been handed down unto us by our fathers, to cause us that we should believe in some great and marvelous thing which should come to pass, but not among us, but in a land which is far distant, a land which we know not; therefore they can keep us in ignorance, for we cannot witness with our own eyes that they are true.

21 And they will, by the cunning and the mysterious arts of the evil one, work some great mystery which we cannot understand, which will keep us down to be servants to their words, and also servants unto them, for we depend upon them to teach us the word; and thus will they keep us in ignorance if we will yield ourselves unto them, all the days of our lives.

22 And many more things did the people imagine up in their hearts, which were foolish and vain; and they were much disturbed, for Satan did stir them up to do iniquity continually; yea, he did go about spreading rumors and contentions upon all the face of the land, that he might harden the hearts of the people against that which was good and against that which should come.

23 And notwithstanding the signs and the wonders which were wrought among the people of the Lord, and the many miracles which they did, Satan did get great hold upon the hearts of the people upon all the face of the land.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

It doesn't take long till you get the message of this post.
That we members of the church are not special and we rely on the arm of flesh. An attempt is made to intermingle truth with false doctrine. I listen to our Prophet and general authorities, I never detect falsehoods from them, that is because of the power of discernment and the Holy Spirit revealing truth. I do not feel that in this lengthy post. I don't understand listening to someone like Denver Snuffer, he has no authority nor keys, he is a disgruntled apostate who leads people away from truth, that is called the great and abominable church and that is the same thing happening in this post. One God, One Church, One Baptism. Nice try! 🙄

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

“The Prophet Joseph Smith said that ‘nothing is a greater injury to the children of men than to be under the influence of a false spirit when they think they have the Spirit of God’ [Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 205]. …

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

I find it hilarious that these people always tie themselves as the remnant. That was the first thing I read when I opened the page, which led me to exit right away. They always talk about, arm and flesh, arm and flesh, arm and flesh. But yet, they want us to listen to them because they have all the answers LOL

On The Fringe
captain of 50

Post by On The Fringe »

If you find your dog has mud on it, you don't put it down. You clean it. Our church has mud. It will be cleaned.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

On The Fringe wrote: December 13th, 2017, 8:47 pm If you find your dog has mud on it, you don't put it down. You clean it. Our church has mud. It will be cleaned.
We know members/leaders are not perfect. We know what the Lord said. What I find funny is that the people who say it, are usually the ones who need to be cleansed themselves... most likely the reason why the church needs to be cleansed... Look in the mirror and tell me what do you see? Have ye received God’s image in your countenance, Alma 5:14, 19.

BMC
captain of 100

Post by BMC »

eddie wrote: December 13th, 2017, 2:33 pm It doesn't take long till you get the message of this post.
That we members of the church are not special and we rely on the arm of flesh. An attempt is made to intermingle truth with false doctrine. I listen to our Prophet and general authorities, I never detect falsehoods from them, that is because of the power of discernment and the Holy Spirit revealing truth. I do not feel that in this lengthy post. I don't understand listening to someone like Denver Snuffer, he has no authority nor keys, he is a disgruntled apostate who leads people away from truth, that is called the great and abominable church and that is the same thing happening in this post. One God, One Church, One Baptism. Nice try! 🙄
The blog post has nothing to do with the LDS church or it’s members, but rather those who follow Denver. The dream itself embedded in the blog post (which you never read) has to do with the state of the LDS church and also those of the movement who left the church and have supplanted one prophet for another.

BMC
captain of 100

Post by BMC »

LdsMarco wrote: December 13th, 2017, 8:00 pm I find it hilarious that these people always tie themselves as the remnant. That was the first thing I read when I opened the page, which led me to exit right away. They always talk about, arm and flesh, arm and flesh, arm and flesh. But yet, they want us to listen to them because they have all the answers LOL
Do you likewise close the pages of the Book of Mormon when you come across a passage about the remnant and likewise mock it?

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

BMC wrote: December 15th, 2017, 12:39 am
eddie wrote: December 13th, 2017, 2:33 pm It doesn't take long till you get the message of this post.
The blog post has nothing to do with the LDS church or it’s members, but rather those who follow Denver. The dream itself embedded in the blog post (which you never read) has to do with the state of the LDS church and also those of the movement who left the church and have supplanted one prophet for another.
You just contradicted yourself, it is one post not two.
And no, I didn't read it all, it's nonsense!

BMC
captain of 100

Post by BMC »

eddie wrote: December 15th, 2017, 3:47 am
The blog post has nothing to do with the LDS church or its members, but rather those who follow and trust Denver. That is who the audience is that is being addressed if even a portion of the blog post contains a dream that speaks of both the LDS and those following after a man (Denver) who come out of the LDS church. If you had read it you would know who the audience is that is being addressed. You make assumptions about it from a place where you have no foundation to even offer a comment because you have simply not read it. You make statements and claims that the blog post says "that we members of the church are not special and we rely on the arm of flesh." The whole message was directed towards those who trust and rely on Denver.

So in essence what you have done is you have born false witness. Had you read it, you would know it was talking to those who follow him and not the LDS church or it's members at all. But if you want to continue to push the false narrative that it was addressing the LDS church and its members out of pride - that's on you, and you will have to work that out between you and God. You claim that it teaches false doctrine, I am curious since you admitted to only having read a portion, what doctrine was being established as a truth that is not and how is it false?

The doctrine of Christ is simple it is one of repentance, the gospel of repentance is His doctrine - and there shall be no other doctrine given until He shall manifest Himself to you in the flesh (2 Nephi 32:6). So will you stop making wildly false statements about things you know nothing of and cease from bearing false witness, and claiming the Holy Spirit as your guide when nonsuch thing attends to those who bear the fruits of a false and lying spirit? Such as you have done.

eddie
captain of 1,000

Post by eddie »

BMC wrote: December 15th, 2017, 5:20 am
eddie wrote: December 15th, 2017, 3:47 am
The blog post has nothing to do with the LDS church or its members, but rather those who follow and trust Denver. That is who the audience is that is being addressed if even a portion of the blog post contains a dream that speaks of both the LDS and those following after a man (Denver) who come out of the LDS church. If you had read it you would know who the audience is that is being addressed. You make assumptions about it from a place where you have no foundation to even offer a comment because you have simply not read it. You make statements and claims that the blog post says "that we members of the church are not special and we rely on the arm of flesh." The whole message was directed towards those who trust and rely on Denver.

So in essence what you have done is you have born false witness. Had you read it, you would know it was talking to those who follow him and not the LDS church or it's members at all. But if you want to continue to push the false narrative that it was addressing the LDS church and its members out of pride - that's on you, and you will have to work that out between you and God. You claim that it teaches false doctrine, I am curious since you admitted to only having read a portion, what doctrine was being established as a truth that is not and how is it false?

The doctrine of Christ is simple it is one of repentance, the gospel of repentance is His doctrine - and there shall be no other doctrine given until He shall manifest Himself to you in the flesh (2 Nephi 32:6). So will you stop making wildly false statements about things you know nothing of and cease from bearing false witness, and claiming the Holy Spirit as your guide when nonsuch thing attends to those who bear the fruits of a false and lying spirit? Such as you have done.
Those who trust and follow Denver Snuffer have been deceived.

Joseph Smith warned:

Behold, verily I say unto YOU that there are many spirits which are false spirits,which have gone forth in the earth, deceiving the world. And also Satan hath sought to deceive YOU that he might overthrow YOU (D&C 50:2-3.)

These scriptures state that men can be deceived and will be deceived if they are not careful. Joseph also predicted: “For in those days, there shall also arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if possible, they shall deceive the very elect, who are the elect according to the covenant” (JST Matthew 24:23).

I will make whatever claim I want, this is a discussion forum, remember?!