Mitt Romney Denies Key Tenet of His Own Faith

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
moonwhim
captain of 1,000

Mitt Romney Denies Key Tenet of His Own Faith

Post by moonwhim »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiQdIwUrejc" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

light-one
captain of 100

Re: Mitt Romney Denies Key Tenet of His Own Faith

Post by light-one »

He has been a bishop and stake president and still does not believe the Joseph Smith story.

Perhaps the church should reserve these positions for believers...

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Mitt Romney was able to "skate" from that blunder, and also from his "I will always support a woman's right to choose" statement. But it seems most Mormons who knew of them were quick to excuse them. And most were hardly aware of his demonstrated disdain for the principles of the US Constitution during his two runs for POTUS.

onefour1
captain of 1,000

Post by onefour1 »

Romney is in the Bush camp. Either he is extremely naïve or he is part of the secret combinations of our time in my opinion.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Romney calls Trump a phony and a fraud... perhaps he should look in the mirror. And John Dehlin, Denver Snuffer and a few others are ex-communicated for simply trying to bring others unto Christ, but Romney can completely disavow the first vision while another high profile member (Harry Reid) can participate in extreme political corruption while trampling on the Constitution, yet, remain in good standing? Got it. :ymsick:

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Apparently I was not as bothered by Mitt Romney's "Moses and the bush" statement as many others appeared to be. I just assumed he was overly anxious to deter discussion of that tenet of the LDS faith which could have turned ugly. I wondered how President Hinkley would have fielded that question.

By that time I had checked out some of Mitt Romney's statements during his 1994 campaign for the US Senate, some of his actions and statements while governor of my home state of Massachusetts, and statements during his campaign for POTUS. In spite of all of the hullabaloo about him by Latter-day Saints anxious to get a Mormon into the White House, I determined to my own satisfaction that he did not espouse the principles of the US Constitution (as Latter-day Saints should) and if elected would distance us further from the principles of the Constitution. Buzzing around in my head were words of prophets and apostles that basically warned us against supporting such candidates for elected office.

I consider his demonstrated disdain of the principles of the Constitution far more serious than his "Moses at the bush statement".

Different
captain of 100

Post by Different »

Romney is nwo trash

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Mitt Romney shows evidence of being largely unaware of the NWO movement. I used to think that anyone in the national political arena is aware of it, but as I have thought back over my own gradual increase in awareness of the NWO/globalist conspiracy, which began about 1949 when I was not yet 12 years old, I think I can understand why so many people are oblivious to it. It has taken a long train of events and a lot of "homework" to get me to where I stand on it today.

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

Nonsense, he did not "completely disavow the first vision". It was a misunderstood remark made in a highly biased against him political interview and not at all an appropriate time for religious discussion. Brings to mind President Hinkleys "I don't know" remarks when quiet clearly he did know, but was not prepared to discuss in depth spiritual questions at that time.
Col. Flagg wrote:Romney calls Trump a phony and a fraud... perhaps he should look in the mirror. And John Dehlin, Denver Snuffer and a few others are ex-communicated for simply trying to bring others unto Christ, but Romney can completely disavow the first vision while another high profile member (Harry Reid) can participate in extreme political corruption while trampling on the Constitution, yet, remain in good standing? Got it. :ymsick:

Obrien
Up, up and away.

Post by Obrien »

:ymsick:
I thought that we're to stand as witnesses at all times and in all places etc. Both Romney and Hinckley really dropped the ball in these situations. It's almost like they could hear the jeering from the great and spacious building, and shrunk in shame of their beliefs.
Elizabeth wrote:Nonsense, he did not "completely disavow the first vision". It was a misunderstood remark made in a highly biased against him political interview and not at all an appropriate time for religious discussion. Brings to mind President Hinkleys "I don't know" remarks when quiet clearly he did know, but was not prepared to discuss in depth spiritual questions at that time.
Col. Flagg wrote:Romney calls Trump a phony and a fraud... perhaps he should look in the mirror. And John Dehlin, Denver Snuffer and a few others are ex-communicated for simply trying to bring others unto Christ, but Romney can completely disavow the first vision while another high profile member (Harry Reid) can participate in extreme political corruption while trampling on the Constitution, yet, remain in good standing? Got it. :ymsick:

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Elizabeth wrote:Nonsense, he did not "completely disavow the first vision". It was a misunderstood remark made in a highly biased against him political interview and not at all an appropriate time for religious discussion. Brings to mind President Hinkleys "I don't know" remarks when quiet clearly he did know, but was not prepared to discuss in depth spiritual questions at that time.
Romney: "I don't know that anyone has spoken to God since Moses". What would you call that Elizabeth? At worst, he's distancing himself from the tenets of the first vision, at best, he's exhibiting shame in his beliefs - so much for standing as a witness at all times and in all places. Romney is phony and a tool for the NWO crowd!

Elizabeth
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Elizabeth »

It was an unfortunate situation, brought about deliberately by the interviewer who would not have asked anyone else such a question in a supposedly political interview.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

That interview was also an opportunity to tell listeners that Joseph Smith saw God the Father and His son Jesus the Christ, and was spoken to by both of them. I realize the interviewer might have made a mockery of that. But IMO that would have been better than what followed, as Mitt Romney went on to demonstrate his disdain for the US Constitution. He missed a great opportunity to educate Latter-day Saints about the US Constitution and our responsibility (doctrinal imperative, to be precise) to learn, uphold, and abide by its principles. That would have been a much more valuable accomplishment than winning the presidency on promises of egregious violations of its principles.

I have mentioned this before somewhere on this forum, but again: in 2008 I ran for the U.S. House of Representatives and was interviewed on TV and spoke to people who wee bitterly opposed to my political persuasions. So I have a pretty good idea of what Mitt Romney was faced with.