it is the churches, not the government, that are most culpable for our nation’s ills

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
moonwhim
captain of 1,000

it is the churches, not the government, that are most culpable for our nation’s ills

Post by moonwhim »

Why Are Christians So Mean And Nasty?
By Chuck Baldwin
February 25, 2016

Let’s be honest with one another: the nation as a whole is little more than a reflection of its churches. We can blame “the government” all we want (and there is plenty of blame to go around), but it is the churches, not the government, that are most culpable for our nation’s ills.

Far too many professing Christians are just as mean and nasty as any unchurched person you will ever find--maybe more so. A sizeable portion of our professing Christians today are gossiping, slandering, backbiting, nosy, meddlesome, temperamental, mean-spirited, authority-hating, self-absorbed, whining little babies. They walk around with a chip on their shoulder just daring anyone to knock it off. If given the opportunity by gullible followers, they will destroy any church and any pastor they can.

Truly, the words of Saint Jude apply to huge numbers of professing Christians today: “Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities. But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.” (Jude 1:8, 10 KJV)

As a veteran pastor of over four decades of ministry, I have both seen and tasted the bitter caldron that these “Christians” have poured upon unsuspecting souls--all in the name of God, of course. I will take an educated guess and suggest that somewhere between one-fifth and one-fourth of all of the churches in America are splits off of an existing church because of the bitterness and discontent of a few troublemakers within the church. The damage done to pastors’ families by these vultures is incalculable.

I know a pastor and his family that lived in a church parsonage (pity the pastor’s family that is forced to live in a church parsonage) who, upon returning from vacation, found all of their furniture and belongings on the front lawn and new locks on the doors. I know pastors who have been falsely accused of all manner of impropriety by hateful, vicious church members. Pastors’ wives have been held up to the most vile and venomous attacks imaginable. I personally know of dozens of preachers’ kids that refuse to attend anybody’s church today because of the abuse they saw their parents go through at the hands of these “good Christians.”

And it seems the more dedicated a pastor is to truth, the more vicious are the attacks against him. The panty-waist, ear-tickling, stand-for-nothing pastors have the largest and most devoted followings. But put a real prophet in the pulpit, and in no time there will be a “Creek uprising” against him. In fact, many of these bigger corporate churches are comprised of church wolves who, after devouring a good patriot pastor across town, will flee to the wolf’s lair of the corporate church--under the safety of the corporate pastor--along with other wolves.

Of course, these carnal Corinthian Christians prey on the spiritually immature and gullible within the church. They put on the mask of piety, spirituality, and “love.” But the goal is to undermine the pastor’s work and hopefully (in their minds) drive the pastor out. They have the façade of an angel, but in reality, they are the instruments of Satan to divide and spoil the church. “By their fruits ye shall know them.”

Do you want to know why so many good pastors don’t seem to have the energy to engage the freedom fight? I’ll tell you why. Most of them are up to their armpits in discontent and disruption. It’s very hard to be a shepherd and watchman when you find yourself being forced to be a cross between a spiritual firefighter and babysitter. Most pastors spend the vast majority of their workweek putting out church fires that are started by spiritual arsonists and changing the spiritual diapers of spoiled, bratty Christians. It is the most exhausting work on the face of the earth. Help lead the charge for freedom? Are you kidding? It’s all these pastors can do to lead a peaceful church business meeting.

When we talk about the Black Regiment pastors of Colonial America, remember that those pastors had the dedicated, unflinching, dynamic support of their congregations. Those people loved their pastor; heeded his spiritual counsel; prayed for him; encouraged him; stood beside him; supported him and his family; and treated him and his family with tender loving care. When a pastor is loved and supported in such a way, he is free to courageously stand as a watchman and shepherd over the souls of men and over the liberties of his community. Take that away, and the pastor is reduced to a state of sheer self-preservation. It’s hard to lead an army from a cave.

There is no question that we need a revolution of liberty in this country. But like it or not, there will NEVER be any kind of lawful, lasting revival of liberty without the approbation of Heaven--and without the instruction, inspiration, and leadership of God’s men. The unchurched patriots reading this can scoff at what I am saying all they want: it doesn’t change the truth. Without men such as John Leland, John Witherspoon, Jonas Clark, Joab Houghton, James Caldwell, et al., there would never have been men such as George Washington, Patrick Henry, Sam Adams, James Madison, and Thomas Jefferson, et al. And without the faithful and dedicated men and women within the churches of those Black Regiment preachers, there would never have been a Black Regiment to begin with.

Angry, self-willed, rebellious, hate-filled Christians are not only a curse to their pastor and church; they are a curse to liberty itself. They are doing the devil’s work of subverting the work of God (including the work of liberty) within the church and, therefore, within the community and country. Sitting home and sending out a barrage of hate-filled emails is doing NOTHING to restore liberty. Hate will NEVER win hearts and minds. And that’s what’s happening: we are losing the war for the hearts and minds. And one of the biggest reasons we are losing this war is because we have supplanted and destroyed the one position that is most necessary to winning the war for the hearts and minds: the courageous and inspired patriot pulpit.

The congregations of Jonas Clark and John Leland did not agree on everything no more than Patrick Henry and Thomas Jefferson agreed on everything. But they understood the Natural and Biblical principles of liberty enough to be able to fight together for the cause of freedom and independence. Before they ever won a War of Independence, they won the hearts and minds of the colonists with the love and understanding of liberty and Law.

Without the undergirding principles of Law and love, there can be no RIGHTEOUS indignation. Hatred and bitterness against evil is meaningless without love and affection for righteousness. And if Christian people are filled with hatred and bitterness against the most fundamental spiritual principles of truth and honor within the church (and tons of them are), how in the name of common sense can we expect the world around us to successfully engage in something as complex as political liberty within a nation? Without the undergirding principles of Law and love, there can be no approbation of Heaven. And without the approbation of Heaven, there can be no lasting liberty.

Before we will ever have a revival of genuine liberty within our nation, we must have a revival of genuine spirituality within our churches. And that will not happen until churches get really serious about learning and applying the immutable principles of Law within their own hearts. And that includes the Law of God relative to the way Christian people treat their pastors and one another. In the church, there is plenty of room for disagreement, but no room for division.

What is missing from the hearts and minds of so many professing patriots (Christians and otherwise) is old-fashioned humility. We refuse to hold ourselves accountable. We refuse to be taught. We know it all. We are never wrong. And if we are, we would never admit it. We refuse to submit to lawful authority. Bullheaded, stubborn, self-righteous people are totally unqualified to fight a freedom fight. They don’t even understand the meaning of the word freedom, much less understand how to wage a righteous, disciplined, and honorable fight to preserve or reclaim it.

“He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?” (Micah 6:8 KJV)

And as far as our civil magistrates are concerned, here is God’s standard: “He that ruleth over men must be just, ruling in the fear of God.” (II Samuel 23:3 KJV)

Unfortunately, there is very little humility or fear of God being demonstrated in the lives of most civil magistrates or citizens--including Christians. Perhaps the last serious--and truly humble--candidate for President of the United States was Congressman Ron Paul. But he was ultimately rejected by proud, war-thirsty Christians within the Republican Party. Sadly, most proud people are not even capable of recognizing true humility when they see it. It is so foreign to them; they don’t even know what it looks like.

“Judgment must begin at the house of God.” How are going to fix the White House if we cannot even fix the church house?

P.S. I recently delivered what might be the most important message for RIGHT NOW that I could ever deliver. It is entitled “The Right Of Revolution As Justified In Natural And Revealed Law.” The DVD of this critical message contains the Biblical and Natural Law principles that have been so long forgotten and that are so desperately needed. These are the principles that our Founding Fathers (Christians and unbelievers alike) firmly understood and applied to America’s fight for independence. And these are the principles that this current generation of Americans MUST relearn if we are to have any chance of reclaiming the liberties that are so quickly slipping away from us.

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: it is the churches, not the government, that are most culpable for our nation’s ills

Post by David13 »

Somewhat of a seriously negative view.
I have not seen it.
In my ward I see unbelievable love and kindness.
As to the history, I got the impression reading of the life and times of Joseph Smith that the church goers of that era were pathetically fickle, ready to leave their church on a moment's notice, when they heard of some other church. And that was why there was so much animosity toward Joseph Smith by other preachers. Their congregations could be here today, gone tomorrow.
I could be wrong. It may only testify of the truth of the Book of Mormon. But again so many joined the church without reading the book, but just based on some lessons.
I have seen worse than that above assessed in government. I do believe that much of the government could only assess worse than the above assessment.
Sure, there is room for improvement in every church. But more so in government.
dc

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: it is the churches, not the government, that are most culpable for our nation’s ills

Post by lundbaek »

As this applies to the LDS Church, I have become convinced that other reasons include fear of retribution and fear of creating controversy among members, both of which could inhibit the Church's main role of promoting the Gospel of Jesus Christ. But I think Pastor Baldwin's statement here applies to the LDS Church as much as to any other. Also, in addition to "discontent and disruption", the LDS Church is fighting probably more serious problems among individual members. All the more reason why the freedom fight has to be taken over by individuals working without encouragement or direction from Church authorities.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

I think Pastor Baldwin is smarting mainly from the criticism and accusations against him arising from his miss-characterization of the Robert LaVoy Finicum assassination. However, some of the accusations against him were below the belt and uncalled for in a public forum and could even be considered libelous and actionable.

But his general view of the infighting amongst 'Christian' congregations is probably true in many cases.

dauser
captain of 100

Post by dauser »

When false religion takes over big money, big education, big media, big entertainment, big pharma, big food, big religion, and big government, then false religion becomes BIG BROTHER and BIG PROBLEM.

The Talmud and those who adhere to the Talmud have no problem mixing church and state, it is their religion to secretly combine church and state.

The 501c3 churches are forbidden to contend against it's nation's enemies.
The power to tax is the power to censor....or destroy.

When the government is under the thumb of false religion, false religion prospers and true religion gets censored, stoned, flogged and crucified.

It is the church of the devil that is most culpable.

dauser
captain of 100

Post by dauser »

Here is an example of church meddling in politics...

ADL To Trump: Distance Yourself From Duke, “White Supremacists”
http://therealistreport.com/adl-to-trum ... remacists/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Another example of no seperatrion between church and state...

Scalia Dies…Jew Control Arises
http://www.realjewnews.com/?p=1101" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Jew War Criminal Kissinger Helped Israel Get Nukes
http://davidduke.com/51751/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If the Mormons or the Baptists were given sole privilege to control the world's money supply they would loose their tax exemption, be hunted down and be stoned.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

I do believe that if churches and clergy, including those of the LDS Church, had stood fast by and promoted the principles of the US Constitution that America would be in much better shape than it is now. Also, the failure of so many Americans to live by the Judeo-Christian principles of righteousness has facilitated the advent of wickedness in our government. For example, the willingness of so many to live off the legal plunder from others has contributed greatly to the abandonment of the US Constitution. So I think much of the blame falls on the people themselves.
Last edited by lundbaek on February 27th, 2016, 8:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

dauser
captain of 100

Post by dauser »

Paid hireling pastors have to eat and cater to good donors not bad sheep.

Most businesses and churches cater to the customer and the bank.

The love of money is the root of...a nation's ills.

The US Congress should be controlling the money supply, not church and not race.

Our elected Congress no longer makes the money, therefore our elected Congress no longer makes the rules.

Unelected racial supremacists of the anti-Christ church type make up the rules and the nation suffers.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by lundbaek »

Because the churches in America are 501c3 non-profit corporations, their “head” is the Government, instead of Jesus Christ. Therefore, the government has the right to order the churches, as organizations under government authority, to promote or to prohibit certain church doctrines, including the promotion of homosexuality, the support of war, the support of a totalitarian government that has denigrated the Constitution. All of these are against Christ – therefore anti-Christ. I think this accounts for the silence on the subjects of freedom, Constitution, and conspiracy/secret combinations.