The Law of Attraction and the movie "The Secret"

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Rosabella
captain of 1,000

The Law of Attraction and the movie "The Secret"

Post by Rosabella »

The movie "The Secret" has gone through the Mormon culture like wild fire. Many have embraced it as truth. Many have fallen away and embraced the rest of the ancient occult doctrines that are promoted by the New Thought writers and New Spirituality that go along with the Law of Attraction. Others have tried to mingle it with our religion.

The basic principles of the Law of Attraction is that thoughts influence change. We all can agree that thoughts impact how we respond to things and interact in this world. Thoughts can lead to good works or evil works. Thoughts can be holding us back or helping us progress.

Where it goes into esoteric doctrines is when it changes from "thoughts influence actions" to "thought is a power by which we control our own reality". In other words the esoteric teaching maintains that thought influences external reality directly without our even taking a single action. We become the Physical/Spiritual creators of our own health, wealth , prosperity and success. All blessings or trials are directly caused by our thoughts and nothing else (not even God or Satan). In this new (yet very old) world view, we are at the mercy of our own conscious and sub-conscious mind to afflict or bless us whether we know the law exists or not. They say it is a real law just as the Law of Gravity. This law says that you send out to the universe what you desire by your thoughts (Your will) then receive it back multiplied into your life. All you have to do is decide your will and then send it out with emotion and make it manifest into reality. This is exactly what witches do in performing magic in their rituals. When they cast spells they use the same exact steps only adding ritual symbols. The core concept is exactly the same. They petition the universe for what they want or they knowingly petition the spirits to bring about their will. As you can see that it is all about man's will not Father's will. Some deny the existence of Father while others concede His existence but openly defy Him.

All the New Spirituality teachers teach the Law of Attraction. Even the most popular spirit mediums teach of this law also. Many LDS have even read books and embraced the teaching of such mediums as Esther Hicks who channels the entities that call themselves Abraham. Esther denies the existence of a separate God and says we are collectively God, as do all the other New Spirituality teachers.

Reasons LDS have told me that it is ok to go to mediums for knowledge include the argument that it does not matter who the source or messenger is; it only matters if it is "true". Yet we are warned not to go to mediums and are warned that Lucifer is the master deceiver and can make his lies appear to be truth for they are very seductive to the natural man's mind. When we go against God's commandments and seek out mediums have we not lost the companionship of the Holy Ghost to help us discern truth from error? What carnal man would not want to control all the powers of the universe?

The Law of Attraction is just one part of the occult doctrines but a vital one. For if one believes they are the creator and not the created they believe they are God. If you have the power within yourself to act as God giving yourself blessings or trials, where does God fit in anymore?

The answer is He does not, for they teach there is no God apart from self. We cannot mingle this doctrine into LDS doctrine because the core of it is that we are God and there is no Father in Heaven. They teach there is no sin and there is no God to judge us. We are the only judges of ourselves, yet we need not judge. We need only to forgive ourselves and everyone for we are all divine and sinless. Once we understand this universal "truth" that we are all gods we then can live in peace.

We cannot mingle the teachings of witchcraft and occultism with the Restored Gospel for they are the opposite. When someone embraces the doctrine of the Law of Attraction in its original form they become anti-Christ.

e-eye
captain of 100

Re: The Law of Attraction and the movie "The Secret"

Post by e-eye »

I would just like to include chain emails as part of this satanic new spiritual teaching.

If I get another email that says... pass this on or you will have bad luck, pass this on so you will be blessed... blah blah blah

I do believe that positive thinking and negative thinking affects our lives but only in the way we live our life. What you think becomes who you are. In the case you described about people changing the outside world by thinking alone, in the end will leave them with nothing at all.

Thanks for the post.

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

e-eye wrote:I would just like to include chain emails as part of this satanic new spiritual teaching.

If I get another email that says... pass this on or you will have bad luck, pass this on so you will be blessed... blah blah blah

I do believe that positive thinking and negative thinking affects our lives but only in the way we live our life. What you think becomes who you are. In the case you described about people changing the outside world by thinking alone, in the end will leave them with nothing at all.

Thanks for the post.
I had not really thought about those kind of emails before, but yes I can see how those fit right into the whole idea. As silly as they are they work on the same kind of principle.

Good insight :)

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

In thinking about emails and such. It made me remember something I was sent by a person that believes in the Law of Attraction and was not happy with a post I had about the Law of Attraction in regards to Esther Hicks and Oprah.

Here is what they had to say to me.

This was from someone who called themselves "The Adversary".
Well my misinformed friend. The adversary you speak of (Satan) did nothing more than question GOD. Who I might add killed entire cities. At times sparing women and children, (not always) and making them slaves! I would question that as well! Satan is humanistic in nature (the forces of nature) christianity is a silly religion for sheep! People who fear to think for themselves! As far as "The Secret" goes, it promotes positive thought for positive results! And this is bad how? God lied to Eve. Did Lucifer? christianity through history has sacrificed animals, humans, raped, lied, covered up, religious cleansing, etc. etc. etc. Besides Jesus is truly a recycled Myth! And you speak of Mormon works. Don't even get me started. Joseph Smith was a child molester and the Mormon church was into alchohol and tobacco trade. Not to mention Polygomy and Free Masonry!!! Come on get a life! Charles Manson christian, Albert Fish christian! The KKK christians! The crusades led by the christians, the witch hunts again led by the christians. If you believe in Santa the tooth fairy and jesus then fine! But the Secret has nothing to do with your made up deities. For without a fear of Hell or a promise of heaven would people even go to church! And as a crazy religious nut, what are you compensating for? Are you a sicko or sex addict or something?
Don't you feel the unconditional love and tolerance of the New Spirituality radiating from this enlightened being? What a true example of having awakened and living in the Christ-Consciousness that Esther Hicks and Oprah teach of!

Remember their tolerance is only for those that believe in being tolerant of sin and believing that we are Gods. If you do not believe this they have no tolerance for your beliefs for you are an evil, hateful, judgmental separatist.

Can you hear a foreshadowing of future persecution? This is not a lone example this is becoming the norm.

Original_Intent
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Original_Intent »

Too many of our generation were raised on thinking that "the force" was the coolest thing ever, and when it is presented as actually existing and that it has a "light side" and a "dark side" it is pretty alluring. And Harry Potter has certainly grabbed the hearts and minds of the youth today.

All of the power of the priesthood (seemingly) with none of the requirements for personal worthiness or obedience. And who wouldn't rather impose your own will rather than being subject to God's will? And of course we are only going to use it for good (good from OUR perspective, not God's) so it seems like what is the harm?

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

You can bet at the superficial beginning levels of this stuff that it sounds so benign and benevolent. It's only as you dig deeper that you begin to see that it is occult. By then, so many people have completely lost the companionship of the Holy Ghost and they are left to themselves. And it goes downhill from there. This New Age doctrine is perhaps the biggest challenge we will face in the future. It certainly will become a tool to persecute true Christians everywhere.

Squally
captain of 1,000

Post by Squally »

Bella wrote:In thinking about emails and such. It made me remember something I was sent by a person that believes in the Law of Attraction and was not happy with a post I had about the Law of Attraction in regards to Esther Hicks and Oprah.

Here is what they had to say to me.

Well my misinformed friend. The adversary you speak of (Satan) did nothing more than question GOD. Who I might add killed entire cities. At times sparing women and children, (not always) and making them slaves! I would question that as well! Satan is humanistic in nature (the forces of nature) christianity is a silly religion for sheep! People who fear to think for themselves! As far as "The Secret" goes, it promotes positive thought for positive results! And this is bad how? God lied to Eve. Did Lucifer? christianity through history has sacrificed animals, humans, raped, lied, covered up, religious cleansing, etc. etc. etc. Besides Jesus is truly a recycled Myth! And you speak of Mormon works. Don't even get me started. Joseph Smith was a child molester and the Mormon church was into alchohol and tobacco trade. Not to mention Polygomy and Free Masonry!!! Come on get a life! Charles Manson christian, Albert Fish christian! The KKK christians! The crusades led by the christians, the witch hunts again led by the christians. If you believe in Santa the tooth fairy and jesus then fine! But the Secret has nothing to do with your made up deities. For without a fear of Hell or a promise of heaven would people even go to church! And as a crazy religious nut, what are you compensating for? Are you a sicko or sex addict or something?
Don't you feel the unconditional love and tolerance of the New Spirituality radiating from this enlightened being? What a true example of having awakened and living in the Christ-Consciousness that Esther Hicks and Oprah teach of!

Remember their tolerance is only for those that believe in being tolerant of sin and believing that we are Gods. If you do not believe this they have no tolerance for your beliefs for you are an evil, hateful, judgmental separatist.

Can you hear a foreshadowing of future persecution? This is not a lone example this is becoming the norm.
Hypocrisy at its finest. That is what the new age teaches. Persecute and detroy those who disagree with new age views while claiming to be the epitomy of tolerance. LOL.

Haet
captain of 10

Post by Haet »

Alma 29:5 Yea, and I know that good and evil have come before all men; he that knoweth not good from evil is blameless; but he that knoweth good and evil, to him it is given according to his desires, whether he desireth good or evil, life or death, joy or remorse of conscience.
I think this is true on a small and large scale, which could seem very similar to the law of attraction. In Napoleon Hill's success books he speaks of building a burning desire for what you want and the rest will follow, also of speaking words to your sub-conscience to build your faith in yourself. I think this is all true to a certain point, but it quickly goes into a gray area if you start taking it out of context.

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

I think this is true on a small and large scale, which could seem very similar to the law of attraction. In Napoleon Hill's success books he speaks of building a burning desire for what you want and the rest will follow, also of speaking words to your sub-conscience to build your faith in yourself. I think this is all true to a certain point, but it quickly goes into a gray area if you start taking it out of context.
Not sure I follow. take what out of context?

clarkkent14
LBFOJ

Post by clarkkent14 »

It's interesting to think about the fact tat the Lord won't interfere with our agency. Seek and ye shall find, I believe this is a principle that can work both ways. We will have what we seek restored to us though.
13 O, my son, this is not the case; but the meaning of the word restoration is to bring back again evil for evil, or carnal for carnal, or devilish for devilish—good for that which is good; righteous for that which is righteous; just for that which is just; merciful for that which is merciful.
14 Therefore, my son, see that you are merciful unto your brethren; deal justly, bjudge righteously, and do cgood continually; and if ye do all these things then shall ye receive your reward; yea, ye shall have emercy restored unto you again; ye shall have justice restored unto you again; ye shall have a righteous judgment restored unto you again; and ye shall have good rewarded unto you again.
15 For that which ye do send out shall return unto you again, and be restored; therefore, the word restoration more fully condemneth the sinner, and justifieth him not at all.
This is an amazing Chiasm too... a Hebrew style of writing.

AA good for that which is good;
BB righteous for that which is righteous;
CC just for that which is just;
DD merciful for that which is merciful.

D Therefore, my son, see that you are merciful unto your brethren;
C deal justly,
B judge righteously, and
A do good continually;
(Middle = Moral of the story) and if ye do all these things then shall ye receive your reward; yea,
D ye shall have mercy restored unto you again;
C ye shall have justice restored unto you again;
B ye shall have a righteous judgment restored unto you again;
A and ye shall have good rewarded unto you again.

Joseph made all this up right.... ;)

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

ClarkKent, I was reading in Alma last night, and I had thought the same thing....no young man in his early twenties could write this stuff.

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

Well Carol Tuttle has her book Remembering Wholeness where she teaches this law of attraction crap. She calls (summons) her angels (demons) to do her bidding. Jokes about angels helping her get green lights. Really, true angels of God have nothing better to do. Wayne Dyer has his book The Power of Intention. He was on PBS this morning joking about how one of his editors uses this to get parking spaces. Wow what a way to weild the power of God. Such mockery. They might call this by different names but it's the same. Carol Tuttle talks about Indigo Children but never uses that name yet her chapter is nearly word for word descriptions from the book Indigo Children by Carroll and Tober.

Shoot Carol Tuttle takes passages out the book Conversations with God by Neal Donald Walsh that says Hitler wasnt that bad.

People really fall for this???? REALLY??

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

The problem is we live in a time where the source of that data is no longer important only if the message feels good. People do not research where the ideas come from they just see if it feels good. When they do find out where it comes from people justify it and say they do not care if it comes from a spirit entity (demon) through a medium as long as it feels good and right to them.

They tend to think that is living by the gift of discernment at all times. So whatever feels good is right. Do all of these people have the Spirit at all times? No.

We must compare what we "feel" with what we have been told by God. The carnal man in us can cause us to feel good about things It wants. Why are sins refereed to as carnal pleasures? Because they feel good. Evil does not always feel bad, most of the time it feels good, at lest at first.

One point to always keep in mind is does this idea or feeling make me submit my will to Father or does it focus on my will? (Keeping in mind Father's will is not for us to have everything we want as the new age teaches.)

Everything in the new spirituality is focused around self. They are now evolving that self-focusedness to focus on the World. We told "Be not of the world". They are told be one with the world.

They first awaken to their own divinity and powers then use it to become one with the world and therefore unite the world. They become the saviors of the world. They all become "Christs". This what they teach. That collectively we are are all one with the world and all are the saviors of the world. Who wanted to walk in his own way, do his own will and be the savior and wants us to worship the world and him?

The adversary wants all of us to not follow Father's will but to follow our own will like he did, then we will be following him. He wants us to petition the universe (him) for what we want and he will give it to us. Just as he promise Jesus and Moses he would for them, if they would just worship him. Is not this the same idea? Through out Father's will, focus on what you want, imagine it as if it already exists and will it to happen by sending it out into the universe. The petition of angels is the petitioning of the fallen angels.

The New Spirituality always at first says it is just a force or energy or universal law you are tapping into then once you are deeply involved that start showing that there are spirits that are the ones that are the force assisting you. By that point a person justifies it to be good angels for they do good things.

Sadly the great deception is that evil and disguise itself as something that feels good and appears good to the natural man in us. This deception appeals to our good natures not our negative aspects that is why it is so deceptive. Evil does not always appear as evil, most of the time it appears enticing, seductive, inviting and feels good.

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Evil does not always appear as evil, most of the time it appears enticing, seductive, inviting and feels good._________________
Exactly right, Bella. It's one flaxen strand at a time. When it becomes a cord, then it's almost impossible to break. That's why we're told in the Book of Mormon that the Adversary leads us "carefully down to hell".

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

kathyn wrote:
Evil does not always appear as evil, most of the time it appears enticing, seductive, inviting and feels good._________________
Exactly right, Bella. It's one flaxen strand at a time. When it becomes a cord, then it's almost impossible to break. That's why we're told in the Book of Mormon that the Adversary leads us "carefully down to hell".
The webs made of the flaxen cords are all around us now!

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

http://www.sourceliterature.fatherthywill.com/?p=5

Here is a list of 100 quotes from "The Secret"
1. We all work with one infinite power

2. The Secret is the Law of Attraction (LOA)

3. Whatever is going on in your mind is what you are attracting

4. We are like magnets – like attract like. You become AND attract what you think

5. Every thought has a frequency. Thoughts send out a magnetic energy

6. People think about what they don’t want and attract more of the same

7. Thought = creation. If these thoughts are attached to powerful emotions (good or bad) that speeds the creation

8. You attract your dominant thoughts

9. Those who speak most of illness have illness, those who speak most of prosperity have it..etc..

10. It’s not “wishful” thinking.

11. You can’t have a universe without the mind entering into it

12. Choose your thoughts carefully .. you are a masterpiece of your life

13. It’s OK that thoughts don’t manifest into reality immediately (if we saw a picture of an elephant and it instantly appeared, that would be too soon)

14. EVERYTHING in your life you have attracted .. accept that fact .. it’s true.

15. Your thoughts cause your feelings

16. We don’t need to complicate all the “reasons” behind our emotions. It’s much simpler than that. Two categories .. good feelings, bad feelings.

17. Thoughts that bring about good feelings mean you are on the right track. Thoughts that bring about bad feelings means you are not on the right track.

18. Whatever it is you are feeling is a perfect reflection of what is in the process of becoming

19. You get exactly what you are FEELING

20. Happy feelings will attract more happy circumstances

21. You can begin feeling whatever you want (even if it’s not there).. the universe will correspond to the nature of your song

22. What you focus on with your thought and feeling is what you attract into your experience

23. What you think and what you feel and what actually manifests is ALWAYS a match – no exception

24. Shift your awareness

25. “You create your own universe as you go along Winston Churchill

26. It’s important to feel good ( ( ( (((good))) ) ) )

27. You can change your emotion immediately .. by thinking of something joyful, or singing a song, or remembering a happy experience

28. When you get the hang of this, before you know it you will KNOW you are the creator

29. Life can and should be phenomenal .. and it will be when you consciously apply the Law of Attraction

30. Universe will re-arrange itself accordingly

31. Start by using this sentence for all of your wants: “I’m so happy and grateful now that…. ”

32. You don’t need to know HOW the universe is going to rearrange itself

33. LOA is simply figuring out for yourself what will generate the positive feelings of having it NOW

34. You might get an inspired thought or idea to help you move towards what you want faster

35. The universe likes SPEED. Don’t delay, don’t second-guess, don’t doubt..

36. When the opportunity or impulse is there .. ACT

37. You will attract everything you require – money, people, connections.. PAY ATTENTION to what’s being set in front of you

38. You can start with nothing .. and out of nothing or no way – a WAY will be provided.

39. HOW LONG??? No rules on time .. the more aligned you are with positive feelings the quicker things happen

40. Size is nothing to the universe (unlimited abundance if that’s what you wish) We make the rules on size and time

41. No rules according to the universe .. you provide the feelings of having it now and the universe will respond

42. Most people offer the majority of their thought in response to what they are observing (bills in the mail, being late, having bad luck…etc..)

43. You have to find a different approach to what is through a different vantage point

44. “All that we are is a result of what we have thought” – Buddha

45. What can you do right now to turn your life around?? Gratitude

46. Gratitude will bring more into our lives immediately

47. What we think about and THANK about is what we bring about

48. What are the things you are grateful for?? Feel the gratitude.. focus on what you have right now that you are grateful for

49. Play the picture in your mind – focus on the end result

50. VISUALIZE!!! Rehearse your future

51. VISUALIZE!!! See it, feel it! This is where action begins

52. Feel the joy .. feel the happiness :o )

53. An affirmative thought is 100 times more powerful than a negative one

54. “What this power is, I cannot say. All I know is that it exists.” Alexander Graham Bell

55. Our job is not to worry about the “How”. The “How” will show up out of the commitment and belief in the “what”

56. The Hows are the domain of the universe. It always knows the quickest, fastest, most harmonious way between you and your dream

57. If you turn it over to the universe, you will be surprised and dazzled by what is delivered .. this is where magic and miracles happen

58. Turn it over to the universe daily.. but it should never be a chore.

59. Feel exhilarated by the whole process .. high, happy, in tune

60. The only difference between people who are really living this way is they have habituated ways of being.

61. They remember to do it all the time

62. Create a Vision Board .. pictures of what you want to attract .. every day look at it and get into the feeling state of already having acquired these wants

63. “Imagination is everything. It is the preview of life’s coming attractions.” Albert Einstein

64. Decide what you want .. believe you can have it, believe you deserve it, believe it’s possible for you

65. Close your eyes and visualize having what you already want – and the feeling of having it already.

66. Focus on being grateful for what you have already .. enjoy it!! Then release into the universe. The universe will manifest it.

67. “Whatever the mind of man can conceive, it can achieve” W. Clement Stone

68. Set a goal so big that if you achieved it, it would blow your mind.

69. When you have an inspired thought, you must trust it and act on it.

70. How can you become more prosperous?? INTEND IT!!

71. ‘Checks are coming in the mail regularly’… or change your bank statement to whatever balance you want in there… and get behind the feeling of having it.

72. Life is meant to be abundant in ALL areas…

73. Go for the sense of inner joy and peace then all outside things appear

74. We are the creators of our universe

75. Relationships: Treat yourself the way you want to be treated by others .. love yourself and you will be loved

76. Healthy respect for yourself

77. For those you work with or interact with regularly .. get a notebook and write down positive aspects of each of those people.

78. Write down the things you like most about them (don’t expect change from them). Law of attraction will not put you in the same space together if you frequencies don’t match

79. When you realize your potential to feel good, you will ask no one to be different in order for you to feel good.

80. You will free yourself from the cumbersome impossibilities of needing to control the world, your friends, your mate, your children….

81. You are the only one that creates your reality

82. No one else can think or feel for you .. its YOU .. ONLY YOU.

83. Health: thank the universe for your own healing. Laugh, stress free happiness will keep you healthy.

84. Immune system will heal itself

85. Parts of our bodies are replace every day, every week..etc… Within a few years we have a brand new body

86. See yourself living in a new body. Hopeful = recovery. Happy = happier biochemistry. Stress degrades the bod.

87. Remove stress from the body and the body regenerates itself. You can heal yourself

88. Learn to become still .. and take your attention away from what you don’t want, and place your attention on what you wish to experience

89. When the voice and vision on the inside become more profound and clear than the opinions on the outside, then you have mastered your life

90. You are not here to try to get the world to be just as you want it. You are here to create the world around you that you choose.

91. And allow the world as others choose to see it, exist as well

92. People think that if everyone knows the power of the LOA there won’t be enough to go around .. This is a lie that’s been ingrained in us and makes so many greedy.

93. The truth is there is more than enough love, creative ideas, power, joy, happiness to go around.

94. All of this abundance begins to shine through a mind that is aware of it’s own infinite nature. There’s enough for everyone. See it. Believe it. it will show up for you.

95. So let the variety of your reality thrill you as you choose all the things you want.. get behind the good feelings of all your wants.

96. Write your script. When you see things you don’t want, don’t think about them, write about them, talk about them, push against them, or join groups that focus on the don’t wants… remove your attention from don’t wants.. and place them on do wants

97. We are mass energy. Everything is energy. EVERYTHING.

98. Don’t define yourself by your body .. it’s the infinite being that’s connected to everything in the universe.

99. One energy field. Our bodies have distracted us from our energy. We are the infinite field of unfolding possibilities. The creative force.

100. Are your thoughts worthy of you? If not – NOW is the time to change them. You can begin right were you are right now. Nothing matters but this moment and what you are focusing your attention on.

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

Parts of our bodies are replace every day, every week..etc… Within a few years we have a brand new body
Barbara Marx Hubbard better get on that one then she's a lookin' a little scary lol hahah

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

I receive many emails from LDS that believe that the law of attraction is a real law of the universe. They quote the same thing Esther Hicks says which is "It is as real as the law of Gravity". They claim it is how Father creates everything and that it is just one of God's mysteries that they have uncovered. Let's look at this view.

They state we are God's in embryo and there are mysteries of God we are told that he will reveal to those that are ready to know. They say the Prophets have told us the Lord has said there are many mysteries that have yet to be revealed to man. They feel that the law of attraction is one such mystery. It shows we are all divine and can use the very tools that Christ used while he was here. That we can have all the gifts and powers that Christ has if we so desire.

This premise fails when you take this into consideration: The Law of attraction is used consistently for man's will not God's will. All that Christ did was the Will of the Father. He did nothing of his own will, except give voluntarily give His free agency over to the Father. Even when he was taking upon Himself the sins of the world he said " if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done." The Law of Attraction is also used consistently without any level of worthiness needed, nor even a belief in Christ or Father. This is in striking contrast the Gifts of the Spirit are clearly based on worthiness to have the Holy Ghost and the belief in God. Christ preformed miracles because he was aligned with Father's will.

We must also look at the concept of what will be revealed to man. We have been told that great mysteries of heaven can and will be revealed to us if we are worthy. This is true. I caution though that one must not feel that this means that individuals will be given startling deep doctrines far surpassing revelations by ordained Prophets of God. We are told to be not of the world, yet these "deeper" doctrines come from the belly of world. They come from the ancient teachings of the occult. They are birthing a new spirituality that is redefining the old ways of religious thought and moving the world away from the belief in a God to a belief they are god.

A key thing to keep in mind is the only ones with authority to interpret scripture is Prophets of God.
Many that follow the path of enlightenment into the New Spirituality feel they have discovered the true mysteries of God and have surpassed the Church members and Leaders. Many of them feel the Prophet and GAs are just men in suits, called because the can run the day to day operations of the Church. They feel that they are somehow have deeper understandings of God and His workings then the Prophet. They think this for the Prophet does not teach the "truths" they have found. Some get to the point of anger that the Church has held them back on the path of enlightenment, others feel it was just a stepping stone they had to have to move on to higher levels of understanding. Others just stay in the Church feeling far more enlightened then all the rest around them.

The old worn-out Church and doctrines no longer fill their soul with light, but the new shinny spirituality of Self feels the void they have searched for. The void of self-focused love. The prideful side of man desires to be in charge and in control of his life where the humble seek the Lord as their Master, Teacher and Guide in this path of life and submit their will to Father in all things. When we parallel Christ example of humility and submission to Father and Lucifer's pride and seeking his own will over Father, we can easily see who teachings are really behind the New Spirituality and its spiritual laws.

ndjili
captain of 100

Post by ndjili »

They state we are God's in embryo and there are mysteries of God we are told that he will reveal to those that are ready to know. They say the Prophets have told us the Lord has said there are many mysteries that have yet to be revealed to man. They feel that the law of attraction is one such mystery. It shows we are all divine and can use the very tools that Christ used while he was here. That we can have all the gifts and powers that Christ has if we so desire.
We are told there are well I guess I'll say mysteries for lack of a better word, but we are told the place to get these (which are usually things revealed to us that we need for our lives) is in the Temple. We are supposed to do our best and go to the Temple. So where does Temple worship fit into their search for mysteries and what mysteries are they looking for?
So far even the LOA stuff I've read from "LDS" authors talks about using this <cough> satan <cough> um excuse me had something in my throat there..I mean "law" is for getting gain. Gain of worldy things and not spiritual things. We summon the angels <cough> demons <cough> to get things and not to learn.
The Law of Attraction is also used consistently without any level of worthiness needed, nor even a belief in Christ or Father. This is in striking contrast the Gifts of the Spirit are clearly based on worthiness to have the Holy Ghost and the belief in God. Christ preformed miracles because he was aligned with Father's will.
amen
A key thing to keep in mind is the only ones with authority to interpret scripture is Prophets of God.
yes!

kathyn
captain of 1,000

Post by kathyn »

Bella has it right....we can judge these various philosophies by knowing if they want us to rely on our own wants and will as opposed to Heavenly Father's will.

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

Here are some quotes from Carol Tuttle who merges LDS teachings with the New Spirituality.
We too often blame God or Satan for our challenging circumstances. When life is difficult we say that it is our test: it is God proving us. Or we say it is Satan tempting us or trying to control us."

" I used to believe that my adversities in life were being dealt out by God. That was how I proved myself to him. That was contradictory to my knowledge that God was all loving and knowing. Why would he have to try me and test me if he knew me, loved me, and essentially knew the outcome of my life? I now believe that I created my own struggles, with God’s support, so I could come to know myself and master my spirit by coming through the energy of pain, darkness and spiritual hardship."

"The next time you make a decision that is right for you and ask for what you want, believe you can have it. Let go of justifying, explaining and defending your choice, and know that God wants you to use your creative powers to bless your life."

"As we align our will with God’s will, which is for us to be happy, and then ask for what we want, the Universe goes to great effort to flow what we want to us effortlessly and easily. Due to our conditioning that we believe that we have to earn what we get, too often we move past the doors that have already opened for us. ‘Ask, and ye shall receive; knock, and it shall be opened unto you. “All we have to do is ask, then knock. Knocking is acknowledging the desire. As we desire what we have asked for. We are in a high vibration that draws what we have asked for into our lives synchronistically."

Having Conversations With God
2. Try thanking God for what you want in a manner that shows you believe it is coming. A prayer of pure gratitude would make every expression one of thanks. As you pray from a place of pure gratitude, you believe that what you want will be given. As you thank God ahead of time, you are trusting that he loves you and wants to bless your life with that which is desirable to you.

In all of these quotes it is asserted that "WE" are the ones who bless or curse our own lives, that we are divine and use our divine creative powers wither we know it or not to create a reality that reflects our beliefs. This leaves out God as a deciding personage and reduces Him to an unconditional "source" of love energy. God no longer need be seen as a personage but might as well be a form of energy or a force without a mind, or any kind of plan for our lives. It is not God who plans out our mortal education, we do that ourselves. It is also clearly stated that we give ourselves blessings. There is no room for Father to have a will of His own, it is only about our will. There is no submitting to Father, just the assumption whatever we want is what God wants for us.

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

This is The Secret movie trailer.
http://www.thesecret.tv/movie/trailer.html

The Secret is about the Law of Attraction. This "law" is promoted via, DVD, CDs, Seminars, websites, Oprah, Esther Hicks a medium etc

Here is what they say about the movie on their own site.
The Secret reveals the most powerful law in the universe. The knowledge of this law has run like a golden thread through the lives and the teachings of all the prophets, seers, sages and saviors in the world's history, and through the lives of all truly great men and women. All that they have ever accomplished or attained has been done in full accordance with this most powerful law.

Without exception, every human being has the ability to transform any weakness or suffering into strength, power, perfect peace, health, and abundance.

Rhonda Byrne's discovery of The Secret began with a glimpse of the truth through a 100 year old book. She went back through centuries, tracing and uncovering a common truth that lay at the core of the most powerful philosophies, teachings and religions in the world.

What Rhonda discovered is now captured in The Secret, a film that has been viewed by millions around the world. The Secret has also been released as an audio-book and printed book with more than 16 million copies in print in over 40 languages.

The Secret reveals the natural law that is governing all lives. By applying the knowledge of this law, you can change every aspect of your life.

This is the secret to prosperity, health, relationships and happiness. This is the secret to life.

Here is what Elder Uchtdorf says about the Gospel and success and what the world offers.
http://www.thelawofattraction.fatherthywill.com/?p=1911
We live in a time when many worry about their livelihood. They are concerned about the future and doubt their ability to resolve the challenges that confront them. Many have experienced personal misfortune and sadness. They hunger for meaning and purpose in life.

Because there is such great interest in these issues, the world is not bashful in offering numerous new answers to every problem we face. People run from one new idea to the next, hoping to find something that will answer the burning questions of their souls. They attend seminars and buy books, CDs, and other products. They get caught up in the excitement of looking for something new. But inevitably, the flame of each new theory fades, only to be replaced by another “new and improved” solution that promises to do what the others before could not.

It’s not that these worldly options don’t contain elements of truth—many of them do. Nevertheless, they all fall short of the lasting change we seek in our lives. After the excitement wears off, the hollowness remains as we look for the next new idea to unlock the secrets of happiness.

In contrast, the gospel of Jesus Christ has the answers to all of our problems. The gospel is not a secret. It is not complicated or hidden. It can unlock the door to true happiness. It is not someone’s theory or proposition. It does not come from man at all. It springs from the pure and everlasting waters of the Creator of the universe, who knows truths we cannot even begin to comprehend. And with that knowledge, He has given us the gospel—a divine gift, the ultimate formula for happiness and success.

Notice the parallels that there seems to be within this talk that may be referring to the movie The Secret and all the other promoters of the Law of Attraction .

notjamesbond003.5
captain of 1,000

Post by notjamesbond003.5 »

Bella wrote:

yes, i was bowled over.

njb

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

This is from Amazon
The Secret (Hardcover)
From Publishers Weekly
Supporters will hail this New Age self-help book on the law of attraction as a groundbreaking and life-changing work, finding validation in its thesis that one's positive thoughts are powerful magnets that attract wealth, health, happiness... and did we mention wealth? Detractors will be appalled by this as well as when the book argues that fleeting negative thoughts are powerful enough to create terminal illness, poverty and even widespread disasters. The audio version of this controversial book, read by Byrne and contributing authors such as John Gray and Neale Donald Walsch, is uneven at best. The cheesy, obvious sound effects will not do much to add intellectual respectability to a work that has been widely denounced as pseudoscience.

Product Description
Fragments of a Great Secret have been found in the oral traditions, in literature, in religions and philosophies throughout the centuries. For the first time, all the pieces of The Secret come together in an incredible revelation that will be life-transforming for all who experience it.
In this book, you'll learn how to use The Secret in every aspect of your life -- money, health, relationships, happiness, and in every interaction you have in the world. You'll begin to understand the hidden, untapped power that's within you, and this revelation can bring joy to every aspect of your life.

The Secret contains wisdom from modern-day teachers -- men and women who have used it to achieve health, wealth, and happiness. By applying the knowledge of The Secret, they bring to light compelling stories of eradicating disease, acquiring massive wealth, overcoming obstacles, and achieving what many would regard as impossible.

Rosabella
captain of 1,000

Post by Rosabella »

The New Spirituality belief in the Law of Attraction that says thoughts are powerful enough to create terminal illness, poverty and even widespread disasters.

This is a very important point to note. Widespread disasters are brought on by man's thoughts. Guess who gets the blame for these widespread disasters? Those that have a religion that believes in last-day major disasters. We by our thoughts are the cause of the world disasters.

They say Aids is cause by the belief that homosexuality is a sin. Once the people on the planet accept that it is not, Aids will no longer exist. Again who is to blame? Those that have a religion that does not believe in Homosexuality and believes it is a sin.

Can you see why this false doctrine will cause us persecution?