The Law of Attraction and the movie "The Secret"

For discussion of secret combinations (political, economic, spiritual, religious, etc.) (Ether 8:18-25.)
Darren
captain of 1,000

Re: The Law of Attraction and the movie "The Secret"

Post by Darren »

"The Secret" in Mormon Doctrine is that man is and always has been Intelligence first, before he had added unto him his Spirit, before he was sent to earth to become also Matter. Now go find the Owners Manual that explains how to use those 3 parts of Man, to interact in a world that is also made up of those 3 characteristics of existence, in an environment where "What Works Always" is the Virtue that we call, "of God."

In that Owners Manual for Man would be the exact science for Success and Motivation, from The Formula EQM - The relationship of all "E"nergy to all "M"atter is all "Q"uality, in the one and only paradigm, where "what works always" is from God.

Bruce Wydner proved this relationship of these elements and characteristics in his Language Program (the EQM), and in related documents that give to us the Study Manual for the Scriptures of the lost tribes of Israel (our ancestral environment where "what works always" is what is sought - D&C 86:8-11).

It is no secret that as we begin to live by the Lords, "Law of Consecration and Stewardship" we find True Attraction, and True Success through our "United Order" society.

But instead we will see that, "The Cleansing" comes to all those who, in any measure, are attracted to Babylon's Lies and Culture, to live in a False Success Environment, a false law of attraction and a dirty secret.

God Bless,
Darren

P.S.
Who wants to be the next Stephen R. Covey?
viewtopic.php?t=38137

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

Darren wrote: April 19th, 2017, 8:29 am "The Secret" in Mormon Doctrine is that man is and always has been Intelligence first, before he had added unto him his Spirit, before he was sent to earth to become also Matter. Now go find the Owners Manual that explains how to use those 3 parts of Man, to interact in a world that is also made up of those 3 characteristics of existence, in an environment where "What Works Always" is the Virtue that we call, "of God."

In that Owners Manual for Man would be the exact science for Success and Motivation, from The Formula EQM - The relationship of all "E"nergy to all "M"atter is all "Q"uality, in the one and only paradigm, where "what works always" is from God.

Bruce Wydner proved this relationship of these elements and characteristics in his Language Program (the EQM), and in related documents that give to us the Study Manual for the Scriptures of the lost tribes of Israel (our ancestral environment where "what works always" is what is sought - D&C 86:8-11).

It is no secret that as we begin to live by the Lords, "Law of Consecration and Stewardship" we find True Attraction, and True Success through our "United Order" society.

But instead we will see that, "The Cleansing" comes to all those who, in any measure, are attracted to Babylon's Lies and Culture, to live in a False Success Environment, a false law of attraction and a dirty secret.

God Bless,
Darren

P.S.
viewtopic.php?t=38137

Don't you think Heavenly Father would tell us the 'owner's manual for man' ought to be the LDS canon of Scriptures, not another version of the 'philosophies of men, mingled with scriptures', even if those philosophies belong to Bruce Wydner? /:)

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

In my view the Law of Attraction is really just another way of saying the Law of the Harvest. We reap what we sow. And, our thoughts do create our reality. Here is why:

Everything we experience in life be it sight, sound, smells, touch, everything, gets "filtered" through our brain. How we perceive or understands something determines what our reality is. This is why cognitive behavioral therapy works and is so effective, because it shows that we are the products of our thoughts and that we can control and change our thinking so as to be happier. All of us have various degrees of cognitive distortions and all of us, to varying degrees, have negative core beliefs about ourselves. If we don't identify cognitive distortions and if we are unaware of our negative core beliefs, then yes, we will be subconsciously influenced by these things and we may not even know it. It is our negative core beliefs about ourselves that cause us to get angry, to be judgmental, to get upset, annoyed, etc. Humans are very adapt at blaming something external to themselves for their misery and for their state of being. However, we have complete control of how we react, think, and how we perceive our reality. It is empowering to realize that you cannot be made "angry" or that you cannot be made "sad". No one can steal your peace unless you allow it.

If our thinking is messed up, then the product of our thinking will be messed up. Because everything we experience gets filtered through our brains, then every thing we experience is influenced by our own thinking and our own thoughts. If we have rose colored glasses on, figuratively speaking, then everything we see will be rose colored. If we recognize that we have rose colored glasses on, then we can do something about that. We can change our glasses. Meaning, we can change our thinking, thus enabling us to change our reality.

Further, God created the earth not by using His hands or by lifting things and putting things together, but He did it through the power of His mind. In the Lectures on Faith we learn:
LoF wrote:We understand that when a man works by faith he works by mental exertion instead of physical force. It is by words, instead of exerting his physical powers, with which every being works when he works by faith. God said, `Let there be light: and there was light.' Joshua spake and the great lights which God had created stood still. Elijah commanded, and the heavens were stayed for the space of three years and six months, so that it did not rain: he again commanded and the heavens gave forth rain. All this was done by faith. And the Saviour says: `If you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, say to this mountain, "Remove," and it will remove; or say to that sycamine tree, "Be ye plucked up, and planted in the midst of the sea," and it shall obey you.' Faith, then, works by words; and with these its mightiest works have been, and will be performed.
So, we can affect reality by "mental exertion instead of physical force." The law of the harvest is that if we sow good seeds, goodness will be returned to us. This doesn't mean just sowing physical seeds, but sowing good thoughts, good thinking, good dispositions, good nature, etc. and in return we will reap that which is good. We will attract to us that which we send out. The battlefield in this life truly is the mind. Control the mind and you control your reality.

-Finrock

chrizyzel
Hi, I'm new.

Post by chrizyzel »

DesertWonderer wrote: April 18th, 2017, 11:35 am ^^^ what a fantastic example of the philosophies of men mingled with scripture.

I suppose you would suggest people read Playboy / Playgirl because there is some truth found in some of the articles?
So if I'll give you a dirty magazine with some words of God will you read it? Again use the Light of Christ my friend. We've been taught to do all things in Spirit. Since when a book of flesh teaches about spiritual welfare? The LOA though not all of it's teachings are acceptable in the light of the gospel, are all focused on spirituality.

About the philosophy of man, don't you know how many of them, quoted by great philosophers, have been accepted by the Church because they are in tuned with the Gospel? Again to be learned is good if you will stay humble and will still hearken to His counsels.

Joseph Smith through the power of the Spirit learned that spirits are made of matters, and matters wasn't created nor can be destroyed. Later, physics discovered that energy = matter and they have no beginning and end. And now quantum physics have proven the truthfulness of the law of attraction, specifically that energy attracts like energy which confirmed the law of the harvest and the law of restitution.

A leper said to the Savior, "If you are willing, you can make me clean." The Savior responded, "I will." Is there any wrong if you will pray and ask God and then use the power of your mind attracting and filling it with positive thoughts and faith, believing that you are already healed? God wanted us all to grow and learn in this life and He doesn't want us to rely everything on Him, that's why He has given us unlimited potential that we need to discover and use. As long as what you're asking is right, by using the power of your mind by attracting it, by believing you will receive, it shall be given unto you. And I think if what we're asking is something we can achieve within our capacity and is right, God answer would be "it doesn't matter". The brain is so powerful that whatever we put in it will create our reality. Having Faith in his power all start with our mind which is a gift.

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

AI2.0 wrote: April 19th, 2017, 9:42 am
Darren wrote: April 19th, 2017, 8:29 am "The Secret" in Mormon Doctrine is that man is and always has been Intelligence first, before he had added unto him his Spirit, before he was sent to earth to become also Matter. Now go find the Owners Manual that explains how to use those 3 parts of Man, to interact in a world that is also made up of those 3 characteristics of existence, in an environment where "What Works Always" is the Virtue that we call, "of God."

God Bless,
Darren

P.S.
viewtopic.php?t=38137

Don't you think Heavenly Father would tell us the 'owner's manual for man' ought to be the LDS canon of Scriptures, not another version of the 'philosophies of men, mingled with scriptures', even if those philosophies belong to Bruce Wydner? /:)
Philosophies come from "the wisdom of wise men" or as Aristotle might of said, "all the blather that goes around a people who operate on the premise that, 'Virtue cannot be taught,'" among a bunch of self-proclaimed religionists.

Truth comes from a God, i.e. The Holy Ghost. Therefore if you want to know the truth, you had better have a relationship with a God.

I have studied Bruce Wydner's works, they are true.

Heavenly Father did tell us the "owner's manual for man" in the LDS canon of Scriptures. Take a look at this work, and allow the Holy Ghost to help you judge. http://s98822910.onlinehome.us/thousand ... ctrine.pdf

In other of his works are specific quotes of the words that Jesus Christ said unto the lost tribes of Israel when he appeared to them in Sweden.

God Bless,
Darren

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

God Bless,
Darren

P.S.
viewtopic.php?t=38137
I believe you are saying that Intelligence is Energy, Spirit is Quality, and Matter is Matter, correct? What do you mean by "quality" in the equation EQM?

-Finrock

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

Finrock wrote: April 19th, 2017, 3:03 pm
I believe you are saying that Intelligence is Energy, Spirit is Quality, and Matter is Matter, correct? What do you mean by "quality" in the equation EQM?

-Finrock
Yes, Energy is an attribute of being, your eternal intelligence entity.

In language we know Qualities as Adverbs and Adjectives.
“When MATTER gets in ENERGY’s way we can physically see QUALITIES OF ENERGY .., and out of our throats comes a ‘kind’ of word for QUALITIES OF ENERGY.” ... they tally up to about one twenty fifty of the words in a larger dictionary.

“When ENERGY acts upon MATTER we can physically see QUALITIES OF MATTER, and out of our throats comes a ‘kind’ of word for QUALITIES OF MATTER.” They compose about one fourth of the words in dictionaries.

Bruce Wydner's language book
I compare the Spirit World to a computer program, the output has qualities but no material existence.

God Bless,
Darren

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Darren wrote: April 19th, 2017, 3:46 pm
Finrock wrote: April 19th, 2017, 3:03 pm

-Finrock
Yes, Energy is an attribute of being, your eternal intelligence entity.

In language we know Qualities as Adverbs and Adjectives.
“When MATTER gets in ENERGY’s way we can physically see QUALITIES OF ENERGY .., and out of our throats comes a ‘kind’ of word for QUALITIES OF ENERGY.” ... they tally up to about one twenty fifty of the words in a larger dictionary.

“When ENERGY acts upon MATTER we can physically see QUALITIES OF MATTER, and out of our throats comes a ‘kind’ of word for QUALITIES OF MATTER.” They compose about one fourth of the words in dictionaries.

Bruce Wydner's language book
I compare the Spirit World to a computer program, the output has qualities but no material existence.

God Bless,
Darren

Can you give me some examples of what we can physically see when Matter gets in Energy's way? Can you give me some examples of what we might see when Energy acts upon Matter?

I'm just trying to make sure I understand what you mean...thank you!

-Finrock

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

Finrock wrote: April 19th, 2017, 3:57 pm
Can you give me some examples of what we can physically see when Matter gets in Energy's way? Can you give me some examples of what we might see when Energy acts upon Matter?

-Finrock
When Matter gets in Energy's way we see the adverb words, i.e. Powerful

When Energy act upon Matter we see the adjective words, i.e. Strong

See in the language book, http://s98822910.onlinehome.us/thousand ... h_1975.pdf pages 8 through 11

Our Qualities processing part of our being, is what we call our spirit including the spirit's eyes, it is our Mind.

Our Energy part of our being is called our Will, this is where we hold onto Purpose, and the Virtue that is inherent to our being.

Our Material part of our being is for interaction in the material world.

Which of the three parts of being is God governed by, and which of them is the Natural Man governed by? Satan gets us to use our Quality Mind to second guess our Energy's Will - snuffing out our inherent purpose and internal guidance, and then he enslaves us with material appetites.

I made this nifty video:

viewtopic.php?t=38137

I have in my possession and ability the true science for Motivation and Success.

At your service,
Darren

Finrock
captain of 1,000

Post by Finrock »

Darren wrote: April 20th, 2017, 7:35 am
Finrock wrote: April 19th, 2017, 3:57 pm

-Finrock
When Matter gets in Energy's way we see the adverb words, i.e. Powerful

When Energy act upon Matter we see the adjective words, i.e. Strong

See in the language book, http://s98822910.onlinehome.us/thousand ... h_1975.pdf pages 8 through 11

Our Qualities processing part of our being, is what we call our spirit including the spirit's eyes, it is our Mind.

Our Energy part of our being is called our Will, this is where we hold onto Purpose, and the Virtue that is inherent to our being.

Our Material part of our being is for interaction in the material world.

Which of the three parts of being is God governed by, and which of them is the Natural Man governed by? Satan gets us to use our Quality Mind to second guess our Energy's Will - snuffing out our inherent purpose and internal guidance, and then he enslaves us with material appetites.

I made this nifty video:

viewtopic.php?t=38137

I have in my possession and ability the true science for Motivation and Success.

At your service,
Darren
You said in your one post that you see the Spirit World as a computer program that has qualities but without material existence. What do you make of the idea that all spirit is matter?

-Finrock

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

Thoughts are Matter?

The word "think" comes from the word "thing." In Iceland when all of the representatives come to gather together their thoughts in their parliament they call that gathering the "ting."

Thoughts or "Thinks" are things.

The French just hate it when the English say that something like a concept is "material" or "immaterial" and that something matters or doesn't matter. In French only material objects "matter," Things and Thinks cannot both be material in French Culture like they are in English Culture.

With our computer we can have on our 6 foot tall computer display a representation of a person, he will have quality attributes like size, shape, color, he may run and go, stand and stop. And out of our computer speakers may come his voice and the sounds of his activities. He has all of the qualities of any person, and may interact with anyone who may want to interact with him, his brilliance and creativeness amaze the observer, but he is still just a program with screen and speaker outputs. He is a think. A think from a "ting" of computer makers. He is material only in the sense that he does matter to all of us who want to interact with him. He has Energy, Quality but no Matter. But in a court of Law of English People the jury may say that he does matter, and what he does or says is material to the case.

Image Image

Spirit has no matter, but spirits do matter in the world of thinks.

It may surprise you what thing actually runs and facilitates the economy of the world. The materials of Gold and Silver found in coins are immaterial to the way our ancestors set up the Free Enterprise System. Since from before time immemorial the only thing that has mattered to the operation of the international economy has always been the rock solid "Trust" evident from the oaths and commitments represented on the books of the Bond Market, and as represented by the Freemen's representatives that go to the annual and semi-annual Bundestag, "Day of the Bound," in the equivalent gathering that we call today General Conference.

God Bless,
Darren

P.S.
Who wants to be the next Stephen R. Covey? Selling the "Things" that Covey only wish that he had.
viewtopic.php?t=38137

chrizyzel
Hi, I'm new.

Post by chrizyzel »

Darren wrote: April 20th, 2017, 1:56 pm Thoughts are Matter?

Spirit has no matter, but spirits do matter in the world of thinks.

viewtopic.php?t=38137
I don't really know what you mean when you said that the Spirit has no matter when Joseph Smith said that all spirit is matter? "There is no such thing as immaterial matter. All spirit is matter, but it is more fine or pure, and can only be discerned by purer eyes; we cannot see it; but when our bodies are purified we shall see that it is all matter" (D&C 131:7-8) Since our consciousness leaves the physical body along with the spirit then I think Thoughts are matter.

God bless.

Darren
captain of 1,000

Post by Darren »

chrizyzel wrote: April 23rd, 2017, 12:09 am I don't really know what you mean when you said that the Spirit has no matter when Joseph Smith said that all spirit is matter? "There is no such thing as immaterial matter. All spirit is matter, but it is more fine or pure, and can only be discerned by purer eyes; we cannot see it; but when our bodies are purified we shall see that it is all matter" (D&C 131:7-8) Since our consciousness leaves the physical body along with the spirit then I think Thoughts are matter.

God bless.
To say that spirit is material you need to understand the materialness that we affix to qualities. I.e. when is the color red material, when is softness material?

From the perspective of the world, matter is 5 senses stuff, and from that perspective taught in school, there is no metaphysical element of God, i.e. Aristotle said, "Virtue cannot be taught." which means that the Metaphysical cannot be examined from the 5 senses, instead Aristotle elevated the virtues of our leaders (their wonderful thoughts and words) as the metaphysical evidences, "that one ought to keep an eye on." But this is not true as the one pure element can be examined by a jury, it is "what works always," it is the element of Purpose. Jesus said that the metaphysical is evidenced in him, and he is the object of our looking, to virtue. Virtue exists, it is pure purpose as manifest in Jesus, and through the loyalty he had to his calling and anointing from his Father.

The riddle is solved in the language book, of what matter is "matter always" born of spirit's driver, The Will, found on pages 22 - 24. Once you understand that matter - from the perspective of God is not the hard, or wet stuff around us, but instead the basis of existence is, what matters most - is the rock solid pure energy that makes up everything that is from God.

I like to tell people that the vast space between the electron and the proton/neutron core of an atom is not empty, it is full of the substance of purpose, the same purpose that God bases all of existence upon. The purpose is, bettering, and from the point of view of mankind, all substance is in a purpose of bettering mankind - Moses 1:39.

The language book proves this for mankind, scientifically, through the subject of Human Language Technology.

It seems at this point that a likely observation, before considering this last kind of conversational word, is the fact that presents itself to us in Cartoon Seven. We have accounted for the bulk of a dictionary by the ENERGY, QUALITY and MATTER, (shown in the boxes across the top of the cartoon), which our “sometimes” eyes see sometimes. We have accounted for two of the three small lists of conversational words, which make up such a huge percentage of words that are said, by accounting for the ways that our “always eye” “always” sees ENERGY touch and by accounting for those words each of which is for a QUALITY which the “always eye” “always sees” (see the two boxes in the upper left portion of the cartoon). “Would you think it significant if this last kind of conversational word were for ‘MATTER somehow seen always’?” Then, all that conversational speech would include would be words for ENERGY, QUALITY and MATTER seen “sometimes” and words for ENERGY, QUALITY and MATTER seen “always.” Such an explanation as that will give us our “picture” which explains why everything in language works as it does.

However, this last kind of conversational word, which on the surface might seem so easily explained, will in reality require us to pretty well exhaust our capabilities for logical explanation in order to be able to account for it as a spontaneous reaction on the part of human nature within us with a kind of sound out of our throats for a kind of thing seen.

We have found a useful employment for the phrase “human nature reacts.” “What do the World’s civilizations, which have provided the material with which we have worked to this point, tell us of what it is thought that ‘human nature’ is?”

To the Greeks the “psyche” is what makes the body go. Within the “psyche,” however, people have a “nous” which makes the “psyche” go. The Greek “nous” will be the Roman or Latin word “mind.” Old English for “mind” was the “will,” still used very much in contemporary expressions such as, “to use one’s will-power.” Quite often today we refer to this as one’s “intelligence.”

“Why will we need to exhaust our capabilities for logical explanation in order to account for this last kind of conversational word as a reaction by human nature to a kind of thing seen?”

The person who devised this “arrangement” of which we have been speaking was the Greek, Aristotle, so far back as is generally known. The first reference to the word that is used today to name the “arrangement” is to be found in his treatise, “The Poetics.” At the place in that treatise where he gives the name that is today used for the arrangement, he also gives names which are to this day used in Western Civilization to name the different “kinds” of words of which we have been speaking.

Down to the point to which we have come, these names which Aristotle used don’t of necessity invalidate the idea of explaining words by a reaction of the human mind to a thing seen; but at this point the circumstances change.

Once again, if we ask ourselves, “What is a word?” we could say, “We see something for which we hear a sound.” Eastern Civilization addresses itself to the sight which all mankind sees. Western Civilization addresses itself to the sounds which the speakers of a language say. Aristotle was a man of Western Civilization. For him the point was how the speakers, (adults), seem to use a word, not what might be going on in the mind of a child, before he learns the word, which causes him to learn it.

So, to this point the names that Aristotle devised or used do not of a necessity invalidate the Oriental approach to language, which holds the basic unit of language to be the single “pictureable-thought” type character. However, as Aristotle devises the name which he does to describe this last kind of conversational word, he gives them this name, used by Western Civilization down to this day, “con-junctions,” with the idea that the only reason he can see that adults use these words is “to join” (“-junction”) one word “with” (“con-”) another, introducing at this point then the thought that deals an almost overwhelming blow to the whole concept of explaining language by pictureable thoughts, since the idea is that ALL that people use this kind of word for is to join one word with another and that other than that THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO PICTURE – NO MEANING – WHATSOEVER. He said that they “are sounds WITHOUT MEANING.”

Now, the Chinese were apologetic about not being able to come to a precise understanding on exactly what picture it was that was seen to which a word of this kind was a reaction, (the expression “empty word” being ever available in difficult times), but it never dawned on them that there WOULD BE ABSOLUTELY NO PICTURE WHATEVER; that would invalidate their whole civilization. So, working in nearly complete isolation from the Greeks, they came up with an idea that is going 180 degrees in the opposite direction from that of Aristotle’s. Far from saying that there was no picture at all, the whole momentum of their civilization brought them to think that as all mankind is born, the human mind is concentrating upon something; and, in order that it may keep up the concentration, it reacts with a “kind” of sound out of the throat which makes it possible for the mind’s eye to keep up the concentration.

The two civilizations could not be more absolutely at odds. One says, “No meaning whatever.” The other says that apparently something means so much, is so important to the human mind that the human mind of all of mankind is born concentrating upon it.

But, Oriental Civilization doesn’t tell us what this something might be (see the large question mark in Cartoon Eight).

Just by having the two civilizations in total conflict upon a point does not answer the question. Oriental Civilization does not give us the answer to what that something could possibly be which is so important to human nature that the human mind is born concen-trating upon it.

So the old super-giant of languages, Chinese, will not give us the clue which is needed to give us “MATTER always” (see Cartoon Eight). However, there is a new super-giant among languages, which will.

One Chinese Language may have the largest number of speakers of any single language. However, it is not a member of the largest family of languages. Indo-European languages have more speakers than the number of people who speak the many Languages of China.

Among Indo-European languages there are more people who speak the “European” languages than those who speak the “Indo-” types. The biggest group of languages among the European languages are the Germanic languages. The Language which has the biggest number of speakers among the Germanic group of languages is English. So English is the biggest of the biggest of the biggest of the biggest.

It is not the fact that English has achieved this rank nor just the reason (all by itself) why it has, but it is the effect that that reason has upon all civilization in our day that gives us the needed clue. “What is that effect?” Let us look at both the reason and the effect.

There are well over 300,000,000 people who speak the English language as their native tongue. In the 1500’s there were only some 3,000,000 people living in England and much less than 1,000,000 living elsewhere in the British Isles where English is spoken. This growth from some 3,000,000 people to well over 300,000,000 native speakers in just 400 years must be without any parallel in human history. “What has been the reason for this growth?” North America has been peopled by about 250,000,000 people who speak this language.

“What is the reason that this growth of English-speaking people in North America has had such a great effect on all civilization that it gives us the needed clue to what it is that is so important to the human mind at birth that it reacts with a kind of word from out of our throats to help the mind’s eye keep up the mind’s concentration upon it?” The reason and the effect are that the way that the English-speaking mind relates to the material “existence” has proved itself to be so much more powerful than other ways Civilization has known that it has replaced them. “What is the way that the English-speaking mind relates to the physical ‘existence’?” It is the word “free.”

A man is “free” when the “matter” to which his “will” holds ownership is his forever: the concept of the “fee simple freehold” of Northwest Ordinance fame by which the families of North America own the lots which their houses are built on. That is, they don’t revert to any government but descend to one’s heirs. Or, the people own their land in the same way that they own their own (“material”) flesh. The details of the effect that this kind of a land would have upon the world we will consider after first introducing our clue. It is what the English-speaking mind did with the word “matter.”

“Matter” is a French word introduced into English with Norman French feudalism. In French it is a MATTER word, that is, a “name.” Now, the English-speaking mind, relating itself to the physical “existence” by the word “free,” (meaning: one is free when the “matter” to which one’s “will” holds ownership is his forever) took the French name, “matter,” and changed it into the ENERGY word used to mean “important,” as in the phrase “that matters.” Even more than this is what the English-speaking mind did with the French word “immaterial.” It changed to mean “unimportant.” Neither “matter” nor “immaterial” have either of these meanings in French.

At the time of the American Revolution Samuel Johnson, in England, was preparing a large dictionary of the English language. When he came to the meaning “unimportant” for “immaterial” he made a most interesting comment. Speaking from the viewpoint of the orthodox logic of the feudalism of the Middle Ages he said, “This significance of the word has crept into the conversation and writing of barbarians, but ought to be utterly rejected.” The entirety of the feudal civilization of Europe’s Middle Ages is based upon certain “immaterial” goals after which all of the people are supposed to be seeking (Saint Augustine’s “City in the Sky” for example). To say that “immaterial” things are “unimportant” is to do away at a word with the entirety of Europe’s immediately previous civilization. On considering Johnson’s viewpoint one grasps the reason for the energy in his comment on this significance, “unimportant”; but the commentator, in the Oxford English Dictionary, says, after observing Johnson’s sentiment on this significance of the word “immaterial,” that, nevertheless, it must be accepted as the common significance of the word after the year 1528 – the time of Cardinal Wolsey’s fall and the beginning of the ascent of Parliament to rule in England.

Johnson’s dictionary felt that this significance of the word had crept into the speech of barbarians, but then many with him in England felt that the Americans throwing out the rule of a sovereign were behaving like barbarians. But, nonetheless, what the Americans did so ignited the world who knew what they were doing that the American Revolution touched off the French Revolution. The French Revolution in turn touched off the Russian and Chinese Revolutions (Karl Marx said that all revolution comes from America).

“What has been the effect upon all civilization in our day of the way that the English-speaking mind in North America relates itself to the physical ‘existence’?” The effect has been that all civilization has asked itself, “What is civilization for?” The answer has been, “To provide the needs of mankind.” “How?” “Mankind must work.” “How?” “Together.” “By which system?” The answer of our times, “By that system which seems to get closest to harness the most natural human energy.”

The world, after the American Revolution, has seen that man will work so much harder to be “free” than he will for anything else that mankind has ever heard of, than for any of the “immaterial” goals of feudalism for example, that such a thing as feudalism has disappeared from the face of the earth.

Americans call it the “Common Law” the way that “we the people” of the U.S.A. have from the beginning owned the “public domain” of their continent “in common.” Marxists call it “Communism.” Americans call it being “free.” Marxists call it “dialectic materialism” (or, all that the common people really want, enough to really work for them, are material goals). However, long before Marx, long before his definitions, long before the word “dialectics” came to the north of Europe, the English-speaking people have had their word, “free.”

“What is it that the human mind concentrates upon naturally at birth, so much so that it reacts with a “kind” of word out of our throats to help the mind’s eye keep up the concentration?” The whole world, at this time in history, says that the primeval English language concept “free,” the way the English-speaking mind relates to the material “existence,” gets closer than anything else the world has ever heard of to being the actual full powers of the natural human mental energy with which all mankind is born. (Cartoon Eight shows this natural human mental energy, the “mind” of man, to the left of the “inner man.”) “What is it then that the human mind concentrates upon at birth (see the large question mark in Cartoon Eight)?” The English-speaking mind says that unless somehow, someway MATTER is involved, it is “immaterial,” “unimportant,” that it “doesn’t matter.” “Well, this is ‘importance’ itself; this is what the human mind is concentrating upon at birth, so much so that it reacts with a kind of word from out of our throats to help our mind’s eye keep up the concentration!”

Our clue: the whole world, that is both of its two great civilizations, has accepted the English-speaking mind’s relation to the physical “existence” in preference to all others.

If we do this as individuals then we say, “If it is importance itself then it cannot be ‘immaterial.’” The English-speaking mind says that unless somehow, someway MATTER is involved, it is unimportant. “MATTER must somehow, someway be involved.” To be most English-speaking we could say, “It must be that which always matters to the human mind.” Or, we could say that the human mind reacts with this “kind” of word from out of our throats so that the mind’s eye can keep up its concentration upon that which always matters to the human mind or upon that which must somehow, someway be “MATTER always.”
“Science” looks at the material “existence”: MATTER, deductively, from the “general” to the “specific.” The human mind is born looking at MATTER inductively, from the specific” to the “general.” The human mind is born learning in such a way that it “always remembers” what it learns. Doing so makes it possible to quickly reach independence in listening to and speaking a new language. These are stated goals of the Language Tool. “Are they goals for you?” If they are then maybe we, together, are advised by the reorientation of the World’s public thinking after the American Revolution, to test, in seeking our personal learning goals, the way of directing our personal mental ENERGIES along those lines in our heritage which have no peers as fonts of powerful ENERGY and to which all mankind has now turned.

Maybe we are advised to take a much more careful stock of the perhaps limitless treasure that is the mental ENERGY in our possession, that nothing is worthy of it except that which comes acclaimed of the most promise. Maybe then we would be walking in the same circumstances as that Emerson who said, “... this confidence in the unsearched might of man belongs, by all motives, by all prophecy, by all preparation, to the American Scholar. We have listened too long to the courtly muses of Europe ...” or “The one thing in the world, of value, is the active soul. In this action it (the soul) is genius; not the privilege of here and there a favorite, but the sound estate of every man ...” or “Of course, he who has put forth his total strength in fit actions has the richest return of wisdom ...” or go all of the way to the most ultimate reach of all of this thinking, to that point where we with him each tell our mind, “... if the single man plant himself indomitably on his instincts and there abide, the huge world will come round to him (Italics ours.)" Maybe then at that point we have taken that place where we are able to each look at MATTER inductively again, as we did when we were children.

God Bless,
Darren

P.S.
Who wants to be the next Stephen R. Covey? Selling the "Things" that Covey only wish that he had.
viewtopic.php?t=38137