What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

For Discussion of the Spiritual/Religious side of the Secret Combination. i.e. New Age Movement, Occult, New Spirituality, The Shift, The Secret, The Law of Attraction.
LdsMarco
captain of 100
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:19 pm

What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby LdsMarco » Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:23 am

This video contains occult ceremonies that had been captured with hidden cameras and some of them were even erased from the mass media.

Most of us seem content to accept the world largely in the way it is presented to us by what passes as the mainstream of society. Conspiracy, despite its overwhelming historical precedence, is often dismissed as non-existent or, at best, limited to small or foreign groups.

Consequently, when a discussion in a Church class arises upon the subject of secret combinations, such organizations as the Mafia, Ku Klux Klan and terrorist groups often end up on the blackboard.

While it is true, no doubt, that many of these groups conspire, and some do great evil, do they actually fit the full description of what we know about secret combinations?

In trying to answer this we need to understand what the scriptures tell us about such oath-bound societies.

SOURCE: http://www.mormonchronicle.com/waking-u ... onspiracy/

Sponsored Links

Advertisements

Medical Cost Sharing - It's not insurance it's better!

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 8236
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:48 pm
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby lundbaek » Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:54 pm

The secret combination I am most concerned about by far is the ONE that Moroni was referring to when he wrote "Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you." [Ether 8:20, 23–24]. The words THIS SECRET COMBINATION seems to refer to one secret combination in particular. Further to this, President Benson's statement that "A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world." strongly suggests to me that there is one secret combination in particular Again, A SECRET COMBINATION is singular, and therefore I assume there is one that we really need to watch out for.

This secret combination is the one that seeks control of wealth and control of government, and consequently control of our very lives. "The subject of Secret Combinations in the Book of Mormon occurs every 1.2 pages of text. There are some 442 verses that in their context, deal with this topic. In fact, the topic of Secret Combinations is mentioned more than any other subject with the exception of our Savior and His Atonement for us." (The Book of Mormon and MODERN Secret Combinations, a pamphlet by DEFENDING UTAH)

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:40 pm

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby buffalo_girl » Sat Jul 15, 2017 6:22 pm

Secret combination has been with us since Cain embraced the rebellion of lucifer by murdering his brother for gain.

The Flood was the consequence of Secret Combination corrupting ALL people.

Secret Combination was again embraced through Noah's grandson, Nimrod, who made War, Conquest, Dominance & outright Slavery the religion of Babylon. Seems like everyone wanted to be part of it by putting their efforts into building that very impressive tower.

Secret Combinations have always had the same goal. In our time, they have coalesced into an increasingly united power using War, Conquest, Dominance as the means of subjecting the very Creation. Technology is a 'type' of the Tower. we all seem fascinated with. (Sadly, I believe ritual abuse of children, along with human sacrifice is at the very center of their terrible agenda.)
Last edited by buffalo_girl on Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Mark
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 6402
Joined: Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:16 am

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 15, 2017 7:27 pm

lundbaek wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:54 pm
The secret combination I am most concerned about by far is the ONE that Moroni was referring to when he wrote "Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you." [Ether 8:20, 23–24]. The words THIS SECRET COMBINATION seems to refer to one secret combination in particular. Further to this, President Benson's statement that "A secret combination that seeks to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations and countries is increasing its evil influence and control over America and the entire world." strongly suggests to me that there is one secret combination in particular Again, A SECRET COMBINATION is singular, and therefore I assume there is one that we really need to watch out for.

This secret combination is the one that seeks control of wealth and control of government, and consequently control of our very lives. "The subject of Secret Combinations in the Book of Mormon occurs every 1.2 pages of text. There are some 442 verses that in their context, deal with this topic. In fact, the topic of Secret Combinations is mentioned more than any other subject with the exception of our Savior and His Atonement for us." (The Book of Mormon and MODERN Secret Combinations, a pamphlet by DEFENDING UTAH)
President Benson and Pres McKay made it crystal clear that this combination spoken of in their solemn testimonies was that of the socialist/communist conspiracy intent on overthrowing constitutional principles in our representative republic. Looks like those dirty commies are winning that battle hands down.. :-ss
You are a true nothing Mark.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:40 pm

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby buffalo_girl » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:38 am

How does it work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PRz2fqMj9E

Follow the Stanley Monteith - Dennis Cuddy interviews.

It's a whole lot more complicated and insidious than Russian & Chinese communism or Swedish socialism.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:40 pm

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby buffalo_girl » Mon Jul 17, 2017 8:32 am

Here is Dr. Cuddy's 'modern' history of the western branch of the Power Elite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kt-UHORZlV0

No one knows this history better than Dennis Cuddy.

The various Dr. Monteith and Dr Cuddy interviews are posted by independent listeners so please don't let any of the 'graphics' put you off.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:40 pm

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby buffalo_girl » Mon Jul 17, 2017 12:05 pm

In order to understand just how pervasive the mindset of Secret Combinations has become, it is necessary to know that ALL of us can be seduced by the Adversary into imagining we can be more powerful, more successful, more influential if we simply 'bend the rules a bit' according to the whisperings we receive from the dark side.

I'm not altogether sure why those who participate in Satanic Ritual believe Satan's power is superior to that of Christ's, but there you have it! It's been around since Cain taught it to his family and each one of us can be victim to those whisperings if we aren't vigilant.

Moses 5
49 For Lamech having entered into a covenant with Satan, after the manner of Cain, wherein he became Master Mahan, master of that great secret which was administered unto Cain by Satan; and Irad, the son of Enoch, having known their secret, began to reveal it unto the sons of Adam;

50 Wherefore Lamech, being angry, slew him, not like unto Cain, his brother Abel, for the sake of getting gain, but he slew him for the oath’s sake.

51 For, from the days of Cain, there was a secret combination, and their works were in the dark, and they knew every man his brother.

55 And thus the works of darkness began to prevail among all the sons of men.

56 And God cursed the earth with a sore curse, and was angry with the wicked, with all the sons of men whom he had made;

57 For they would not hearken unto his voice, nor believe on his Only Begotten Son, even him whom he declared should come in the meridian of time, who was prepared from before the foundation of the world.


Antony Sutton describes the 'workings' of the Order of Skull & Bones' graduates from Yale University:

https://youtu.be/MGLCHr8Em1o

Antony Sutton's research regarding Secret Combinations in the United States political arena is profound. He lost his career and more than likely, his life because of what he knew.

The entire Section 38 of the Doctrine & Covenants is instructive as to what we must DO in order to overcome Secret Combinations in our own Land.
Doctrine & Covenants 38
28 And again, I say unto you that the enemy in the secret chambers seeketh your lives.

29 Ye hear of wars in far countries, and you say that there will soon be great wars in far countries, but ye know not the hearts of men in your own land.

30 I tell you these things because of your prayers; wherefore, treasure up wisdom in your bosoms, lest the wickedness of men reveal these things unto you by their wickedness, in a manner which shall speak in your ears with a voice louder than that which shall shake the earth; but if ye are prepared ye shall not fear.

31 And that ye might escape the power of the enemy, and be gathered unto me a righteous people, without spot and blameless—

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 8236
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:48 pm
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby lundbaek » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:45 pm

President Hinkley once stated that "The Book of Mormon narrative is a chronicle of nations long since gone. But in its descriptions of the problems of today’s society, it is as current as the morning newspaper and much more definitive, inspired, and inspiring concerning the solutions of those problems." You might find the following scriptures from the Book of Mormon indicative of what has been going on in America Re. secret combinations for some time now. I might have done better with this, by giving more details on the context of each of the quoted scriptures, but I really shouldn't need to. -


In 2 Nephi 26 we read that in the "last days" “The Gentiles shall build up false churches and secret combinations.”

In Helaman 2 we read how one Gadianton became the leader of a band, the object of which was to “destroy Helaman”, and “to murder, and to rob, and to gain power”. We are also told that “this Gadianton did prove the overthrow, yea, almost the entire destruction of the people of Nephi.”

In Helaman 3 we learn that “there was continual peace established in the land, all save it were the secret combinations which Gadianton the robber had established in the more settled parts of the land, which at that time were not known to those who were at the head of government;' therefore they were not destroyed out of the land.”

In Helaman 6 we are told in some detail that “Lucifer, the author of sin, guides the Gadianton robbers in their murders and wickedness – They take over the Nephite government.” It is interesting to read that “this band of robbers was utterly destroyed from among the Lamanites”, but “on the other hand, that the Nephites did build them up and support them....until they had overspread all the land of the Nephites....And thus they did obtain the sole management of the government.”

In Helaman 7 we read that Nephi, the son of Helaman, found “the people {of Nephi] in a state of such awful wickedness, and those Gadianton robbers filling the judgment-seats – having usurped the power and authority of the land; laying aside the commandments of God, and not in the least aright before him; doing no justice unto the children of men.; condemning the righteous because of their righteousness; letting the guilty and the wicked go unpunished because of their money; and moreover to be held in office at the head of government to rule and do according to their wills, that they might get gain and glory of the world, and moreover, that they might more easily commit adultery, and steal, and kill, and do according to their wills”.

In Helaman 8 we read how “Corrupt judges seek to incite the people against Nephi.”, and that “those judges were angry with him because he spake plainly unto them concerning their secret works of darkness”. At the end of this chapter and into Chapter 9 we read that “By inspiration Nephi announces the murderer of the chief judge, and then by inspiration identifies the murderer, and finally “is accepted by some as a prophet.

In 3 Nephi 6 we learn of further iniquities. “A complaint came up unto the land of Zarahemla, to the governor of the land, against these judges who had condemned the prophets of the Lord unto death, not according to the law.....those judges had many friends and kindreds....and they did enter into a covenant one with another,,,which covenant which was given by then of old, which covenant was given and administered by the devil, to combine against all righteousness.... And they did set at defiance the law and the rights of their country; and they did covenant one with another to destroy the governor, and to establish a king over the land, that the land should no more be at liberty but should be subject unto kings.”

In 3 Nephi 7 we read of the murder of a chief judge and the overthrow of the Nephite government; 'the regulations of the government were destroyed, because of the secret combination of friends and kindred of those who murdered the prophets,...and did place at their head a man whom they did call Jacob; and they did call him their king.

In 4 Nephi we again read “that the wicked part of the people began again to build up the secret oaths and combinations of Gadianton”, and “the robbers of Gadianton did spread over all the face of the land; and there were none that were righteous save it were the disciples of Jesus.”

In Ether 8 we read Moroni's warning that “whatsoever nation shall uphold such secret combinations, to get power and gain, until they shall spread over the nation, behold, they shall be destroyed;”. We are told that we should “suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get power and gain. And we are told that “The Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combinations which shall be among you....” and that whosoever buildeth it up seeketh to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and countries; and it bringeth to pass the destruction of all people, for it is built up by the devil,”.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:40 pm

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby buffalo_girl » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:08 am

Lundbaek ~ Thank you for taking the time to itemize references to 'Secret Combinations' from The Book of Mormon!

I believe warning of the danger of Secret Combinations in the Last Days is one of the most important messages to us from The Book of Mormon. Secret Combinations exist in ALL lands and among ALL peoples, but this Continent is held to the highest standard of Christian morality. (We are in serious danger!)

We are also repeatedly warned that ONLY a Righteous People can inherit this Sacred Land; that there is a Curse against ALL who fail to repent; and that they will be Swept Off when fully ripe in their wickedness.

We are Promised that the Righteous will Prosper upon this Land. We may need to Pray for an answer as to HOW the LORD defines 'Prosper'.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 8236
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:48 pm
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby lundbaek » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:03 pm

Satan was able to speak directly to Cain (Moses 5: 18, 29-30) so it is at least possible that Satan can speak directly to any one of the latter-day gadiantons in our time. And it would be just like Satan to promise immunity to them - a promise that he must know he cannot deliver on.

User avatar
mirkwood
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1142
Joined: Mon May 21, 2007 11:54 am
Location: Utah
Contact:

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby mirkwood » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:08 pm

lundbaek wrote:
Thu Jul 13, 2017 2:54 pm


"The subject of Secret Combinations in the Book of Mormon occurs every 1.2 pages of text. There are some 442 verses that in their context, deal with this topic. In fact, the topic of Secret Combinations is mentioned more than any other subject with the exception of our Savior and His Atonement for us." (The Book of Mormon and MODERN Secret Combinations, a pamphlet by DEFENDING UTAH)
It is shocking how few LDS know this fact.
God, family, country, our three great loyalties.

No true Latter-day Saint will ever take a stand that is in opposition to what the Lord has revealed to those who direct the affairs of his earthly kingdom. ~Bruce R. McConkie, CR Oct 1984

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 8236
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:48 pm
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby lundbaek » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:47 pm

In Ether 8:24 we read that we are under a commandment from the Lord to awake to a sense of our awful situation when we see " this secret combinations which shall be among you". That, IMO, obligates Latter-day Saints to be on the look-out for a secret combination which, as we read in Ether 8:23, is "built up to get power and gain". As far as I know, no Prophet, ancient or latter-day, has identified that secret combination for us. But I think we are given clues aplenty in Helaman Chapters 7 & 8, and in 3 Nephi Chapters 6 & 7 as to what we should be looking for.

In Helaman 7 we read that Nephi, the son of Helaman, found “the people {of Nephi] in a state of such awful wickedness, and those Gadianton robbers filling the judgment-seats – having usurped the power and authority of the land; laying aside the commandments of God, and not in the least aright before him; doing no justice unto the children of men.; condemning the righteous because of their righteousness; letting the guilty and the wicked go unpunished because of their money; and moreover to be held in office at the head of government to rule and do according to their wills, that they might get gain and glory of the world, and moreover, that they might more easily commit adultery, and steal, and kill, and do according to their wills”.

In Helaman 8 we read how “Corrupt judges seek to incite the people against Nephi.”, and that “those judges were angry with him because he spake plainly unto them concerning their secret works of darkness”. At the end of this chapter and into Chapter 9 we read that “By inspiration Nephi announces the murderer of the chief judge, and then by inspiration identifies the murderer, and finally “is accepted by some as a prophet.

In 3 Nephi 6 we learn of further iniquities. “A complaint came up unto the land of Zarahemla, to the governor of the land, against these judges who had condemned the prophets of the Lord unto death, not according to the law.....those judges had many friends and kindreds....and they did enter into a covenant one with another,,,which covenant which was given by then of old, which covenant was given and administered by the devil, to combine against all righteousness.... And they did set at defiance the law and the rights of their country; and they did covenant one with another to destroy the governor, and to establish a king over the land, that the land should no more be at liberty but should be subject unto kings.”

In 3 Nephi 7 we read of the murder of a chief judge and the overthrow of the Nephite government; 'the regulations of the government were destroyed, because of the secret combination of friends and kindred of those who murdered the prophets,...and did place at their head a man whom they did call Jacob; and they did call him their king.

And as I understand D&C 88:79 and D&C 93:53, we are under commandment to learn of history, current events, "of countries and of kingdoms", and "the wars and the perplexities of the nations". I believe that in so doing under the guidance of the Spirit, we can become aware of the powers that are creating our "awful situation". And I think that's where the admonitions to "suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above [us], which are built up to get power and gain" become important. I think these scriptures require us Latter-day Saints to do something about 'Our Awful Situation' brought on by the Gadianton Robbers/secret combinations.

buffalo_girl
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 5189
Joined: Tue Jan 16, 2007 2:40 pm

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby buffalo_girl » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:44 am

Certainly sounds like what we are living in our time!

Lundbaek, I've come to the conclusion that we will only have our eyes opened to this threat if and when we allow the Spirit to direct our study of the Book of Mormon and other scripture which were given to us for the very purpose of laying out the consequences of sin in a godless society. We choose to be blind if we fail to see and know the danger.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 8236
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:48 pm
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby lundbaek » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:03 am

Following the commandment to learn THE TRUTH of history, current events, "of countries and of kingdoms", and "the wars and the perplexities of the nations" requires direction by the Spirit. So much falsehood has been propagated about many very significant past and current events that one can easily be misled (lied to).

In the Introduction to the 1995 edition of THE BOOK OF MORMON AND THE CONSTITUTION, Pg. V is the statement that the author, H. Verlan Andersen "realized the communists in Russia were not our greatest enemies, as does the prophet.....while many joined the world in celebrating the demise of communism, President Benson was making his strongest statements ever about our sad state of affairs and the increasing power of the enemies of Christ. On Pg. VI we can read that Brother Andersen "taught us the Book of Mormon was written for us who have it. In particular, he taught us the period of their history covering Alma, Helaman, and the first part of 3rd Nephi are only a foreshadow of our own time leading up to the millennium, just as the Nephites had their shorter millennium."

User avatar
James-T-Prout
captain of 50
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:12 pm
Contact:

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby James-T-Prout » Sat Oct 07, 2017 1:31 pm

Yep, I agree with lundbaek.
lundbaek wrote: ↑
Thu Jul 13, 2017 3:54 pm


"The subject of Secret Combinations in the Book of Mormon occurs every 1.2 pages of text. There are some 442 verses that in their context, deal with this topic. In fact, the topic of Secret Combinations is mentioned more than any other subject with the exception of our Savior and His Atonement for us." (The Book of Mormon and MODERN Secret Combinations, a pamphlet by DEFENDING UTAH)
I've studied this topic for more than 12 years now. The more I dig the more I find.

However, there is a "new order" coming to the secret combinations of today.

The "old order" is of the past 100ish years. A ruling class that has been in the shadows behind the front men, of Presidents.
This is a period of those men in the ruling class "sleeping" or being secretive.

The "new order" that is coming is when those men come out into the spot-light and rule from in-front of the people. Center stage if you will.
This is a period of those men in the ruling class "awakened" and being in the open.

This is shown in the Ezra's Eagle Prophecy as taking place in 4 short-feather/Presidents from now.

Image

This image shows the feathers on the Eagle's Left Wing as the President's from 1929 through 2016.

If you overlay the recent Presidents onto the Left Wing it looks like this:

Image

Ezra's Eagle is all about the 3 Headed secret combination that rules in secret behind the feathers/Presidents.

Notice that Barack Obama is the last full length feather on the Eagle's Left Wing.

The very next feather, whoever that was going to be, is on the Eagle's Right Wing. (a new wing in the Prophecy)

Image

The next feather, we now know in 2017 to be Donald J. Trump. And this 1st feather on the Right Wing, in the prophecy, does things his own way and does not harken to the 3 Eagle Heads.

He is to become a short feather.

And the next 4 feathers in this sequence will also be short feathers.

And at the 4th feather, this is when the 3 Eagle Heads "wake up and arise" to eat the 3rd and 4th feather on the right wing at the same time.
Then those 3 Eagle Heads rule from the front. And target the goal of "governance of the world".

The Last Days Timeline project starts off with this topic of the Ezra's Eagle Prophecy and the 3 Eagle Heads.

Free Chapters are available HERE.
https://www.lastdaystimeline.com/free-chapters


.
The material above comes from the book I wrote "The Last Days Timeline".

Up-to-date information is found here "What the Scriptures Say About Donald Trump - How Long Will He Last?" http://www.LastDaysTimeline.com/donald-trump

User avatar
BeNotDeceived
captain of 100
Posts: 966
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:55 am
Contact:

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby BeNotDeceived » Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:13 pm

ImageImageImage

GWB sure was quick to quash President Carter's answer to OPEC's embargo, fueling ISIS, etc. :x
Proof is the antithesis of faith. It’s often what you don’t say, that makes the greater statement. Not all truth is provable.

Thank God I'm only watching the game, controlling it. — Chess

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 8236
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:48 pm
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby lundbaek » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:09 pm

Significant Statements in Scripture About Secret Combinations -- This presentation may make it a bit easier to start understanding this topic.


Writing/prophesying for us in our times (2 Nephi 26:14), Nephi stated: "And there are also secret combinations, even as in times of old, according to the combinations of the devil, for he is the founder of all these things.” (2 Nephi 26:22)

“It is wisdom in God that these things should be shown unto you, that thereby ye may repent of your sins, and suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get power and gain...Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you.” (Ether 8:23-24)

“And even now, let him that goeth to the east teach them that shall be converted to flee to the west, and this in consequence of that which is coming on the earth, and of secret combinations.” (Doctrine and Covenants 42:64; see also D&C 38:28-29, 89:4)

“It was the object of all those who belonged to his [Gadianton’s] band to murder, and to rob, and to gain power, (and this was their secret plan, and their combination).” (Helaman 2:8)

“Yea, it is that same being [Satan] who put it into the heart of Gadianton to still carry on the work of darkness, and of secret murder; and he has brought it forth from the beginning of man even down to this time.” (Helaman 6:29) “And behold, he doth hand down their plots, and their oaths, and their covenants, and their plans of awful wickedness, from generation to generation according as he can get hold upon the hearts of the children of men.” Helaman 6:30

“And they were kept up by the power of the devil to administer these oaths unto the people...” (Ether 8:16)

“And now I, Moroni, do not write the manner of their oaths and combinations, for it hath been made known unto me that they are had among all people.” (Ether 8:20)

“...having usurped the power and authority of the land... and moreover to be held in office at the head of government, to rule and do according to their wills.” (Helaman 7:4-5)

“The Nephites did build them up and support them... until they had... seduced the more part of the righteous until they had come down to believe in their works and partake of their spoils, and to join with them in their secret murders and combinations.” Helaman 6:38 “And thus they did obtain the sole management of the government, insomuch that they did trample under their feet and smite and rend and turn their backs upon the poor and the meek, and the humble followers of God.” (Helaman 6:39)

“And they have caused the destruction of this people of whom I am now speaking [the Jaredites], and also the destruction of the people of Nephi.” (Ether 8:21)

“And whatsoever nation shall uphold such secret combinations, to get power and gain, until they shall spread over the nation, behold, they shall be destroyed.” (Ether 8:22)

“...suffer not that these murderous combinations shall get above you, which are built up to get power and gain—and the work, yea, even the work of destruction come upon you. (” Ether 8:23)

“Wherefore, the Lord commandeth you, when ye shall see these things come among you that ye shall awake to a sense of your awful situation, because of this secret combination which shall be among you.” (Ether 8:23-24)

“We should waste and wear out our lives in bringing to light all the hidden things of darkness, wherein we know them.” (Doctrine and Covenants 123:13)

“It is high time to awake out of sleep...” (The Apostle Paul, Romans 13:11)

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 8236
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:48 pm
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby lundbaek » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:56 pm

61 points about Secret Combinations in the Book of Mormon that can help us identify the latter-day gadiantons and their activities in our day

1.Secret combinations existed in times of old (2 Nephi 26:22)

2.They have secret oaths, covenants, agreements, signs, wonders, and plans (Alma 37:27,32)

3.Alma commanded his son not to reveal their secret oaths and covenants to the general public (Alma 37:27)

4.They murdered the prophets (Alma 37:30)

5.The object of all those who belonged to the secret society was to murder, rob, and gain power (Helaman 2:8)

6.They were established in the more settled part of the land (Helaman 3:23)

7.Those at the head of the government for a time did not know they existed (Helaman 3:23)

8.Many were baptized into the church while the secret society was being established (Helaman 3:24) 43 BC

9.After the people had been blessed so long with riches and were not engaged in wars, the people started to set their hearts on riches, so they began to murder and steal as part of a secret combination (Helaman 6:17)

10.They murdered chief judges (Helaman 6:19)

11.When the Lamanites found out that there were secret combinations among them, they tried to destroy them out of their midst (Helaman 6:20)

12.The Nephites united with the secret combination (Helaman 6:21) 25 BC

13.The members of the secret combination covenanted with each other that they would protect and help each other, and not let each other be brought to punishment (Helaman 6:12)

14.They had secret signs and words to identity each other (Helaman 6:22)

15.They covenanted with each other that they should not do wickedness to each other (Helaman 6:22)

16.They would punish any member of the secret combination that would reveal their wickedness (Helaman 6:24)

17.Gadianton had the same oaths and covenants in his secret combination that existed in the secret combinations of the Jaredites, yet Gadianton did not get those oaths and covenants from the plates, but from the devil (Helaman 6:26)

18.The Lamanites destroyed the secret combination from among them by teaching the word of God to them (Helaman 6:37)

19.The Nephites built them up (Helaman 6:38)

20.The secret combination among the Nephites started with the more wicked people, but eventually spread over the whole land. (Helaman 6:38)

21.The more part of the righteous of the Nephites to believe in their works and to partake of their spoils and join with them in murders (Helaman 6:38) 24 BC

22.The secret combination did obtain sole management of the government (Helaman 6:39)

23.Once in power, they began to abuse the poor and humble followers of God (Helaman 6:39)

24.Nephi asked the Lord to send a famine to get the people to repent of supporting the secret combination and performing wicked deeds. Many died, and they began to repent. (Helaman 11:4)

25.The Nephites swept the secret combination out from among them, and the famine ended (Helaman 11:10)

26.Nephite dissenters searched for the plans of Gadianton (Helaman 11:26)

27.They hid in the mountains (Helaman 11:31)

28.At first the Nephites started to repent, but then the just grew more wicked (Helaman 11:37)

29.Many dissenters of the Nephites joined the secret combination, and many of the children were flattered into joining them (3 Nephi 1:28-29)

30.The Nephites continued to fight the secret combination, even though the Nephites remained wicked (3 Nephi 2:10)

31.The leader of the secret combination invited the leader of the Nephites to become equal brothers with them in the secret combination, and equal in all their possessions (3 Nephi 3:7)

32.The leader of the secret combination declared his society and its works to be good and of an ancient date and that it has been handed down to them (3 Nephi 9)

33.The leader of the secret combination accused the Nephites of having retained the rights of government from the people (3 Nephi 3:10)

34.The leader of the secret combination demanded that the Nephites yield all their possession to them (3 Nephi 3:10)

35.The Nephites defeated the secret combination and attributed their victory to their humility and repentance (3 Nephi 4:33)

36.The Nephites put an end to the secret combination (3 Nephi 5:6)

37.Judge secretly were putting to death those that were testifying to the people about their wickedness. Only the chief judge was legally allowed to put someone to death (3 Nephi 6:23)

38.The judge formed a secret combination among themselves to avoid punishment from their crimes, using the same covenants of previous secret combination (3 Nephi 6:28)

39.This new secret combination sought to kill the people of god, kill the chief judge, and establish a king (2 Nephi 6:30)

40.They murdered the chief judge and the Nephites split into tribes (3 Nephi 7:2)

41.They caused a great contention in the land so that almost all the righteous had become wicked (3 Nephi 7:7)

42.They put a man over them as their king (3 Nephi 7:10)

43.After Christ came and the the Nephites and Lamanites were righteous for many years, they began again to build up a secret combinations (4 Nephi 1:42)

44.The Book of Mormon will be brought forth in a day when the blood of saints shall cry unto the Lord, because of secret combinations (Mormon 8:27)

45.The Jaredites brought with them a record of secret combinations (Ether 8:9)

46.The daughter of a Jaredite king used an ancient account of a secret combination obtaining a kingdom and great glory as a model for a plan to get her own father's kingdom back (Ether 8:9,18)

47.Moroni purposefully did not write the oaths of the secret combinations because they are already had among all people (Ether 8:20)

48.Secret combinations have caused the destruction of the Nephites (Ether 8:21)

49.Whatsoever nation that upholds secret combinations shall be destroyed (Ether 8:22)

50.Moroni wrote about the secret combinations for the benefit of the Gentiles, so that they could repent and not be overpowered by the secret combinations (Ether 8:23)

51.The Lords commands that when we see secret combinations come among us that we should awake to a sense of our awful situation (Ether 8:24)

52.Those who build up secret combinations seek to overthrow the freedom of all lands, nations, and all people (Ether 8:25)

53.The kingdom of Omer was overthrown because of secret combinations (Ether 9:1)

54.The hearts of all the Jaredites had become corrupt because of the secret combinations (Ether 9:6)

55.The son of a king sought after secret plans of old to dethrone his father (Ether 9:26)

56.A secret combination cause the people to rebel against the king and the kingdom was split (Ether 11:15)

57.The Lord decreed that another people would possess the land because of the wickedness of the people and the secret combinations (Ether
11:21-22)

58.Mighty men rose up and tried to use their secret combination to destroy the king (Ether 13:15)

59.The secret combination killed many people in their effort to obtain the kingdom from the king (Ether 13:18)

60.A king received great strength because of secret combinations (Ether 14:8)

61.A king's high priest murdered his king, and then that high priest was murdered by a member of that secret combinations (Ether 8:9-10)

davedan
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2843
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:10 pm
Location: Augusta, GA
Contact:

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby davedan » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:33 pm

The Great Flood was a result of the world being filled with secret combinations.

Gen 6:11 The earth also was corrupt before God, and the earth was filled with violence.

The word "violence" in hebrew = "hamas," which means "robbery" which = secret combinations.

Rabbi Chaim Richman taught that a thief steals illegally but a robber steals legally.

underdog
captain of 100
Posts: 495
Joined: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:28 am

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby underdog » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:27 am

I've studied secret combinations for decades.

An enlightening LDS read can be found in Christian Markham's 2-volume work: http://twochurchesonly.com.

Once started you will be hooked.

He covers most things mentioned in the video in the opening post above but in great detail, plus a whole lot more.

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 8236
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:48 pm
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby lundbaek » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:31 am

I think most of us realize the goal of the secret combinations in our day is the same now as it was back around 24-23 years B.C: "And thus they did obtain the sole management of government" according to Helaman, or "power and gain" in our day according to Moroni.

To oppose this, a lot more people need to be awakened to this conspiracy. Therein lies one of our challenges. How can we awaken more people to this conspiracy ?

lundbaek
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 8236
Joined: Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:48 pm
Location: Mesa, Arizona

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby lundbaek » Wed Nov 08, 2017 9:13 pm

I. like to know what some of you think about why we, especially LDS folks, should know about latter-day secret combinations. I ask this because I am trying to interest people in them and getting next to nowhere .

User avatar
James-T-Prout
captain of 50
Posts: 74
Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2017 5:12 pm
Contact:

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby James-T-Prout » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:21 am

Hi Lundbaek,

I have often asked myself that question.

There was a conclusion that I came to this week.

The reason the awake LDS people understand Secret Combinations better than the rest of the populations on Earth, is that it is easy to prove it in our scriptures.

I was working on a project this week and part of it was involving secret combinations. I had a done a good job of proving them and the nature of Satan's involvement with them in The Last Days Timeline.

But, this new project was not an LDS project. It was a more general audience project. I tried to prove using just the Bible that secret combinations existed and what their nature was. I realized that ALL 100% of the data points were from LDS scripture: Book of Mormon, Pearl of Great Price, and Doctrine and Covenants.

The information that does exist in the Bible about them is there, but it is not conclusively so. It's not as straight forward and direct as it is in LDS scripture.

So, I had to resort to quoting "other authors" like W. Cleon Skousen and other authors on them, rather than nicely quoting scripture.

I think the situation is like that on purpose.

BTW. the best expose' on the Secret Combinations in America and their main intentions is: The President Makers - by Don Fotheringham

Checkout my review of his work here: https://www.lastdaystimeline.com/president-makers/

Image
The material above comes from the book I wrote "The Last Days Timeline".

Up-to-date information is found here "What the Scriptures Say About Donald Trump - How Long Will He Last?" http://www.LastDaysTimeline.com/donald-trump

User avatar
BYULAWGUY
captain of 10
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 3:17 pm

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby BYULAWGUY » Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:59 pm

underdog wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:27 am
I've studied secret combinations for decades.

An enlightening LDS read can be found in Christian Markham's 2-volume work: http://twochurchesonly.com.

Once started you will be hooked.

He covers most things mentioned in the video in the opening post above but in great detail, plus a whole lot more.
Except volume 2 ends with him apostate.
"I also doze in church occasionally, but that's because I trust my leaders. If I were worried about what they were doing, I'd stay wide awake." Henry Eyring, Reflections of a Scientist, page 23

User avatar
BeNotDeceived
captain of 100
Posts: 966
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:55 am
Contact:

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby BeNotDeceived » Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:57 pm

James-T-Prout wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:21 am

The President Makers - ...
Profits are considered good, so long as they are legal, so laws are manipulated by big companies. Tobacco companies were the worst, but the Coke Brothers aren’t far behind. :x

Proof is the antithesis of faith. It’s often what you don’t say, that makes the greater statement. Not all truth is provable.

Thank God I'm only watching the game, controlling it. — Chess

LdsMarco
captain of 100
Posts: 257
Joined: Sun Jul 03, 2016 10:19 pm

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby LdsMarco » Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:41 pm

BYULAWGUY wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 10:59 pm
underdog wrote:
Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:27 am
Except volume 2 ends with him apostate.
He's an apostate now?

User avatar
BYULAWGUY
captain of 10
Posts: 41
Joined: Sat May 07, 2016 3:17 pm

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby BYULAWGUY » Wed Nov 15, 2017 10:30 pm

Volume 2 ends with him attacking church leaders. That is pretty apostate to me
"I also doze in church occasionally, but that's because I trust my leaders. If I were worried about what they were doing, I'd stay wide awake." Henry Eyring, Reflections of a Scientist, page 23

larsenb
captain of 1,000
Posts: 4103
Joined: Sun Jan 27, 2008 6:32 pm
Location: Between here and Standing Rock

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby larsenb » Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:02 am

buffalo_girl wrote:
Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:38 am
How does it work?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0PRz2fqMj9E

Follow the Stanley Monteith - Dennis Cuddy interviews.

It's a whole lot more complicated and insidious than Russian & Chinese communism or Swedish socialism.
Right. Bella Dodd, a high official in the CPA, came to this conclusion, as well, based on her direct experience. The Red Symphony, a transcript of a very probable real interview of Christian G. Rakovsky, one of the founders of Soviet Bolshevism, by Stalinist interrogators and recorded by Dr. Landowsky who was present, gets into the same subject. He had gone through the Stalinist show trials of the mid to late 1930's, and was allied w/Leon Trotsky.

Both point their fingers at high level merchant-banker types, those that control most of the wealth of the world.

The complete text of "The Red Symphony" was put online by Peter Myers: http://mailstar.net/red-symphony.html . More on this from Henry Makow at:
https://www.savethemales.ca/000275.html

gardener4life
captain of 100
Posts: 526
Joined: Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:46 am

Re: What Do The Scriptures Teach Us About Secret Combinations?

Postby gardener4life » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:23 am

anything with apostate ideas or from an apostate isn't a credible source. :S


Return to “Spiritual/Religious Secret Combinations”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests