The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

For Discussion of the Spiritual/Religious side of the Secret Combination. i.e. New Age Movement, Occult, New Spirituality, The Shift, The Secret, The Law of Attraction.
boo
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1590
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:14 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby boo » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:04 am

sbsion wrote:Let's see, was Enoch's oldest son named David, he certainly would "trump" any GA today with seniority, or, maybe Shem's oldest son was named David, likewise he would have seniority, maybe one of the three Nephites had a son named David, well, then, there's always a son of John, who could be waiting to fill a "dream Revelation"..I doubt very much he will come from the Church, but, certainly he was fore-ordained...........hey, maybe, does Elred G. Smith have a son/gson named David.......hmmm just some thots :roll: :wink: :idea:
No Elred's son is Gary.

Sponsored Links

Advertisements

Medical Cost Sharing - It's not insurance it's better!

boo
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1590
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:14 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby boo » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:18 am

Robin Hood wrote:In my view none of the current 15 will be around when Christ returns.
I think we are still some distance from the second coming. Maybe 200+ years.
Ah someone with some perspective . Good for you . Guys before the Second Coming Zion must be established ,the 10 tribes return and the Temple in Jerusalem rebuilt. We have been trying unsuccessfully for 185 years just to establish Zion . It appears to me that we are further away today than we were in 1830. Incidentally Joseph fully expected his son David would be the fulfillment of the prophesy. David as you may know suffered a nervous breakdown and died in a mental institution. God's ways are not our ways. My suggestion is we prepare ourselves individually to meet the Lord and not worry about the Second Coming. Every generation for the last 2000 years that spent time on this issue has been disappointed. Even Joseph was told don't worry about it.

User avatar
jwharton
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3169
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby jwharton » Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:22 am

Actually, you are on to something here.

However, please consider this isn't a future event but one which has already taken place.

David O. McKay was the president of the Church from 1951 to 1970.

If you have been following my other posts closely you will know that I take the Adam and Eve narrative as the Priesthood and Church bodies established through the Restoration in 1830. So, if Adam was born when the Melchizedek Priesthood covenant body was established in the 1830's and Seth, the Son of Man, was born when Adam was 130 years old, this would put the advent of the Son of Man during the 1960's which is during the time that David O. McKay was the President of the Church.
Reality influences perception.
Perception creates reality.

User avatar
Robin Hood
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3132
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 10:18 am
Location: England

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby Robin Hood » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:10 pm

jwharton wrote:Actually, you are on to something here.

However, please consider this isn't a future event but one which has already taken place.

David O. McKay was the president of the Church from 1951 to 1970.

If you have been following my other posts closely you will know that I take the Adam and Eve narrative as the Priesthood and Church bodies established through the Restoration in 1830. So, if Adam was born when the Melchizedek Priesthood covenant body was established in the 1830's and Seth, the Son of Man, was born when Adam was 130 years old, this would put the advent of the Son of Man during the 1960's which is during the time that David O. McKay was the President of the Church.
So, you're saying the second coming has already taken place?
If so, I have to say it hasn't lived up to it's billing.

User avatar
jwharton
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3169
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby jwharton » Mon Apr 11, 2016 12:43 pm

Robin Hood wrote:
jwharton wrote:Actually, you are on to something here.

However, please consider this isn't a future event but one which has already taken place.

David O. McKay was the president of the Church from 1951 to 1970.

If you have been following my other posts closely you will know that I take the Adam and Eve narrative as the Priesthood and Church bodies established through the Restoration in 1830. So, if Adam was born when the Melchizedek Priesthood covenant body was established in the 1830's and Seth, the Son of Man, was born when Adam was 130 years old, this would put the advent of the Son of Man during the 1960's which is during the time that David O. McKay was the President of the Church.
So, you're saying the second coming has already taken place?
If so, I have to say it hasn't lived up to it's billing.
Actually, what makes you think so?
Isn't the Son of Man to be rejected and a man of sorrows?
Isn't the Redeemer of Israel rejected for a season?
Isn't there a period of time that the adversary usurps and it takes quite a war in heaven before Lucifer has finally been thrown down?
Do we think that happens immediately upon the arrival of the Son of Man?

If it is Seth, how long does it take a flesh and bone body, such as He would be, to grow up and even become mature enough to fight?
Seth would only be 50 something years old now and for a being that lives another 900+ years that isn't really all that old.

We should also take into consideration that just because we are blind and ignorant of something doesn't mean it isn't happening, nor does it mean it isn't also having the effect that God has ordained it to have. The victor, which will be the Father (who is yet to have His advent in redemption and glory) will give everyone in future generations His point of view.

We are, for the most part, in no better of a position to judge these things than the everyday citizen of Judea was concerning John the Baptist and his ministry. Some people knew of him and believed he was a Prophet but most people just rejected him and had him cast out such that he lived out in the wilderness as a fringe element the masses could have cared less about.
Reality influences perception.
Perception creates reality.

boo
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1590
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:14 pm
Location: Arizona

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby boo » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:50 pm

Jaw another alternative is your paradigm is defective and needs adjustment. Or more likely is so seriously defective that you should follow Kuhn's approach and reject it entirely and find another that more accurately reflects the observed facts .
Last edited by boo on Mon Apr 11, 2016 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jwharton
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3169
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby jwharton » Mon Apr 11, 2016 3:42 pm

boo wrote:Jaw another alternative is your paradigm is defective and needs adjustment.
Or more likely is so seriously defective that you should follow Kunes approach and reject it entirely and find another that more accurately reflects the observed facts .
That is an easy alternative to consider when you have put very little effort into understanding it and you don't like the potential ramifications of it being valid.

However, I'm not in that position anymore.

I have spent several years exploring this paradigm and it continually yields a precise means to make sense of things that used to baffle me.

I have yet to see any credible evidence that it is defective.
Reality influences perception.
Perception creates reality.

User avatar
Durzan
captain of 100
Posts: 545
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:35 am

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby Durzan » Wed May 04, 2016 10:54 am

I suspect that you might only be partially correct. None of the current 15 will probably be alive at the second coming...
But I highly doubt that we have 200+ years till the Lord comes.

I have a hunch that Zion will be established rather soon. But before then, I suspect that the entire Church will get hit by quite a few things coming from left field (IE stuff that most members wouldn't even suspect would happen).

User avatar
jwharton
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3169
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby jwharton » Wed May 04, 2016 11:01 am

jwharton wrote:
Robin Hood wrote:
jwharton wrote:Actually, you are on to something here.

However, please consider this isn't a future event but one which has already taken place.

David O. McKay was the president of the Church from 1951 to 1970.

If you have been following my other posts closely you will know that I take the Adam and Eve narrative as the Priesthood and Church bodies established through the Restoration in 1830. So, if Adam was born when the Melchizedek Priesthood covenant body was established in the 1830's and Seth, the Son of Man, was born when Adam was 130 years old, this would put the advent of the Son of Man during the 1960's which is during the time that David O. McKay was the President of the Church.
So, you're saying the second coming has already taken place?
If so, I have to say it hasn't lived up to it's billing.
Actually, what makes you think so?
Isn't the Son of Man to be rejected and a man of sorrows?
Isn't the Redeemer of Israel rejected for a season?
Isn't there a period of time that the adversary usurps and it takes quite a war in heaven before Lucifer has finally been thrown down?
Do we think that happens immediately upon the arrival of the Son of Man?

If it is Seth, how long does it take a flesh and bone body, such as He would be, to grow up and even become mature enough to fight?
Seth would only be 50 something years old now and for a being that lives another 900+ years that isn't really all that old.

We should also take into consideration that just because we are blind and ignorant of something doesn't mean it isn't happening, nor does it mean it isn't also having the effect that God has ordained it to have. The victor, which will be the Father (who is yet to have His advent in redemption and glory) will give everyone in future generations His point of view.

We are, for the most part, in no better of a position to judge these things than the everyday citizen of Judea was concerning John the Baptist and his ministry. Some people knew of him and believed he was a Prophet but most people just rejected him and had him cast out such that he lived out in the wilderness as a fringe element the masses could have cared less about.
I believe this post merits a response from you Robin Hood.
Reality influences perception.
Perception creates reality.

User avatar
Robin Hood
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3132
Joined: Mon May 06, 2013 10:18 am
Location: England

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby Robin Hood » Wed May 04, 2016 11:33 am

I don't.

User avatar
jwharton
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3169
Joined: Sat Feb 01, 2014 3:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby jwharton » Wed May 04, 2016 1:17 pm

Robin Hood wrote:I don't.
Ok, suit yourself.
Reality influences perception.
Perception creates reality.

the_sign
captain of 50
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby the_sign » Wed Jan 11, 2017 1:35 am

The Second Coming of Jesus Christ has begun :

The 1,335th day of Daniel 12:12 is Ascension Sunday, May 8, 2016 A.D.

The 2,300th day of Daniel 8:14 is November 26, 2016 A.D.

The Second Year of Judgment began November 27, 2016 A.D.

It is simply a matter of how 'prior' . . .
St. Elijah
St. John the Baptist
Edward Popovich Palamar
(cf. §784-786, Catholic Catechism),

Petrus Romanus,

the resurrected angel of Exodus 23:20,

the Sign of the Son of Man in Heaven (Matthew 24:30)

User avatar
Matchmaker
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2053
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:58 pm

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby Matchmaker » Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:16 am

I believe Elder Holland and Elder Bednar are of the generation that will see the Second Coming of our Lord.

francisco.colaco
captain of 100
Posts: 660
Joined: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:25 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby francisco.colaco » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:38 pm

Matchmaker wrote:I believe Elder Holland and Elder Bednar are of the generation that will see the Second Coming of our Lord.
If I am to take literally the words of a patriarch, yes, they are. Moreover, there is that little statement that, in 1980, the two witnesses were living and had already received the Aaronic Priesthood.

I do not think they will live to be 250 to be on the walls of Jerusalem, Robin Hood. Nor any of those that were promised in 1916 by Talmage at General Conference to be alive to read the ten tribes' records will.

User avatar
Matchmaker
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2053
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:58 pm

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby Matchmaker » Wed Jan 11, 2017 3:42 pm

francisco.colaco wrote:
Matchmaker wrote:I believe Elder Holland and Elder Bednar are of the generation that will see the Second Coming of our Lord.
If I am to take literally the words of a patriarch, yes, they are. Moreover, there is that little statement that, in 1980, the two witnesses were living and had already received the Aaronic Priesthood.

I do not think they will live to be 250 to be on the walls of Jerusalem, Robin Hood. Nor any of those that were promised in 1916 by Talmage at General Conference to be alive to read the ten tribes' records will.
Elder Holland just dedicated a new Stake in the Middle East.

User avatar
Durzan
captain of 100
Posts: 545
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:35 am

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby Durzan » Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:20 am

Cool.

David Cassani
captain of 10
Posts: 16
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2017 12:28 am
Location: taiwan
Contact:

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby David Cassani » Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:55 am

Sometimes I wonder if we have a very storybook idea of what a King or Queen is. All endowed members that attend temples are called in essence to be Community leaders is some way -- Kings and Queens are everyday people leading in their neighborhoods or businesses with simple Christ like service, applying gospel principles -- without any particular agenda. The spirit directs them and they simply do good and raise the level of consciousness in a community or setting outside the Church. God seems to work through ordinary men and women to accomplish His work in so many realms. I have felt called to help restore simple ways, and community life to the earth. In 2010, just before the First Presidency released the Joseph Smith papers to the Church history department I was given two names or organizations by the spirit that are to unfold into a world wide movement to feed countries in preparation for the second coming. I sincerely hope these thoughts and this web site link http://www.simplelivingcenters.com/start-up.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; may help all saints raise their vision of what we can do as everyday people when connected to a world wide vision and local neighborhood vision that is simple. Scriptures tell us many will miss the David as many missed Christ in his time. Could it be too simple. The Lord as unfolded his work to one obscure latter Day David. David Cassani is my name. My name means House of David in Italian, and I learned this work around 1980. I did not quite believe it then but have not doubts now. I have been taken to the other side and instructed on key parts of this work. Others have come from those left on the earth to minister to man in preparation for the second coming. This work has unfolded into a marvelous work and wonder part II. I am sharing this work now in 2017, after many many years of line upon line guidance, key pieces coming to me in the year 2000. I did not quite believe them then, but again, I now know what the Lord has in store for my work on this earth. Read about it as it unfolds if you feel inclined or drawn to this.

User avatar
Warrior Of Jah
captain of 10
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:06 am

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby Warrior Of Jah » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:01 pm

the keys of the priesthood, just the chuch's president could exercise all these keys, such prophet must be on this lineage, or perheps will be a local prophet like the twelve nephites disciples? i don't know but i think that will be a member of the church

User avatar
Warrior Of Jah
captain of 10
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Dec 26, 2016 3:06 am

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby Warrior Of Jah » Fri Jul 21, 2017 10:06 pm

boo wrote:
Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:18 am
Robin Hood wrote:In my view none of the current 15 will be around when Christ returns.
I think we are still some distance from the second coming. Maybe 200+ years.
Ah someone with some perspective . Good for you . Guys before the Second Coming Zion must be established ,the 10 tribes return and the Temple in Jerusalem rebuilt. We have been trying unsuccessfully for 185 years just to establish Zion . It appears to me that we are further away today than we were in 1830. Incidentally Joseph fully expected his son David would be the fulfillment of the prophesy. David as you may know suffered a nervous breakdown and died in a mental institution. God's ways are not our ways. My suggestion is we prepare ourselves individually to meet the Lord and not worry about the Second Coming. Every generation for the last 2000 years that spent time on this issue has been disappointed. Even Joseph was told don't worry about it.
Bruce R McConkie told us that the second comming cannot be delayed or apressed by our strives, the labor of the lord will progress in his own time
i read this in the institute manual

the_sign
captain of 50
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby the_sign » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:01 am

David Cassani wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:55 am
David Cassani is my name. My name means House of David in Italian,
Out of curiosity, have you ever read or heard of, or visited the House of Loreto :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilica_della_Santa_Casa
St. Elijah
St. John the Baptist
Edward Popovich Palamar
(cf. §784-786, Catholic Catechism),

Petrus Romanus,

the resurrected angel of Exodus 23:20,

the Sign of the Son of Man in Heaven (Matthew 24:30)

Silver
captain of 1,000
Posts: 4502
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:31 pm

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby Silver » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:12 am

the_sign wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:01 am
David Cassani wrote:
Fri Jan 13, 2017 5:55 am
David Cassani is my name. My name means House of David in Italian,
Out of curiosity, have you ever read or heard of, or visited the House of Loreto :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Basilica_della_Santa_Casa
It appears that David hasn't logged in to LDSFF since April 29th.
As a prophet reveals the truth it divides the people. (T)he worldly either want to close the mouth of the prophet, or else act as if the prophet didn’t exist, rather than repent of their sins. Popularity is never a test of truth. Ezra Taft Benson

Gage
captain of 100
Posts: 306
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 7:58 am

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby Gage » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:47 am

This prophecy is talking about Jesus Christ.

the_sign
captain of 50
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby the_sign » Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:31 pm

1ofthe144000hp's wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:28 pm
Who will be the Prophet on the earth prior to Christ coming to the new Jeruselem? I heard the prophets first name will be David, but the member who told me gave me no reference. Has anyone heard of this? If it's true it might be David A. Bednar! Any thought on this would be appriciated. Thanks
The first three kings foretold in Daniel 11:2 are envoys to the Book of Daniel as kings of Persia representing (given Christian names in parentheses) :

first, China and the army (John)

second, Russia and the navy (Robert)

third, the United States of America and the air force (David).

So the prophecy can be confirmed as such.
St. Elijah
St. John the Baptist
Edward Popovich Palamar
(cf. §784-786, Catholic Catechism),

Petrus Romanus,

the resurrected angel of Exodus 23:20,

the Sign of the Son of Man in Heaven (Matthew 24:30)

the_sign
captain of 50
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby the_sign » Tue Jul 25, 2017 6:00 pm

the_sign wrote:
Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:31 pm
1ofthe144000hp's wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:28 pm
Who will be the Prophet on the earth prior to Christ coming to the new Jeruselem? I heard the prophets first name will be David, but the member who told me gave me no reference. Has anyone heard of this? If it's true it might be David A. Bednar! Any thought on this would be appriciated. Thanks
The first three kings foretold in Daniel 11:2 are envoys to the Book of Daniel as kings of Persia representing (given Christian names in parentheses) :

first, China and the army (John)

second, Russia and the navy (Robert)

third, the United States of America and the air force (David).

So the prophecy can be confirmed as such.
But it has also been prophesied that the envoy for what remains of the United States will die suddenly (this has at least been due to the manner in which he was attacked).

The recent shooting in West Goshen, PA is partly a visitation against that manner of attack.

He seems to be holding his own yet, however.
St. Elijah
St. John the Baptist
Edward Popovich Palamar
(cf. §784-786, Catholic Catechism),

Petrus Romanus,

the resurrected angel of Exodus 23:20,

the Sign of the Son of Man in Heaven (Matthew 24:30)

User avatar
Durzan
captain of 100
Posts: 545
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:35 am

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby Durzan » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:56 am

Interesting...

EdGoble
captain of 100
Posts: 782
Joined: Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:01 pm

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby EdGoble » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:52 am

1ofthe144000hp's wrote:
Sat Aug 08, 2009 7:28 pm
Who will be the Prophet on the earth prior to Christ coming to the new Jeruselem? I heard the prophets first name will be David, but the member who told me gave me no reference. Has anyone heard of this? If it's true it might be David A. Bednar! Any thought on this would be appriciated. Thanks
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Ben-Gurion

I believe this has already long been fulfilled, and he isn't a "prophet" to the Jewish people at all. He is simply their founding leader. We have George Washington as our founding leader and President, and he is the analog of Washington to the State of Israel.

https://www.lds.org/ensign/1972/05/the- ... l?lang=eng

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7053 ... -Jews.html

the_sign
captain of 50
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby the_sign » Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:16 pm

Technically speaking, the three former super powers are annihilated :

http://risen-from-the-dead.forumotion.c ... 96-a-d#577

But some translations use "subdued" rather than "annihilated".
St. Elijah
St. John the Baptist
Edward Popovich Palamar
(cf. §784-786, Catholic Catechism),

Petrus Romanus,

the resurrected angel of Exodus 23:20,

the Sign of the Son of Man in Heaven (Matthew 24:30)

the_sign
captain of 50
Posts: 58
Joined: Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:29 pm

Re: The President/Prophet prior to the second coming!

Postby the_sign » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:29 am

The annihilation of the super powers occurred as early as June 25, 1996 A.D.

But two of the envoys to the Book of Daniel who represent these powers are still alive today.
St. Elijah
St. John the Baptist
Edward Popovich Palamar
(cf. §784-786, Catholic Catechism),

Petrus Romanus,

the resurrected angel of Exodus 23:20,

the Sign of the Son of Man in Heaven (Matthew 24:30)


Return to “Spiritual/Religious Secret Combinations”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests