Aztecs were wiped out by horror ‘eye-bleeding’ disease

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
LdsMarco
captain of 100

Aztecs were wiped out by horror ‘eye-bleeding’ disease

Post by LdsMarco »

SWEEPING DEATH Aztecs were wiped out by horror ‘eye-bleeding’ disease that killed 15million in just five years, scientists reveal
Experts say an epidemic called cocoliztli was to blame after finding DNA evidence on the teeth of long-dead victims

THE Aztecs were wiped out by a horror disease that caused them to bleed from the eyes, mouth and nose, experts have revealed.

Scientists say as many as 15 million people - an estimated 80 per cent of population - were killed when an epidemic known as cocoliztli swept Mexico's Aztec nation in 1545.

Click here for cool pics and more info https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5351735/a ... ts-reveal/

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Re: Aztecs were wiped out by horror ‘eye-bleeding’ disease

Post by Silver Pie »

That sounds gross. I hope the cause of that has disappeared.

(I'm not stalking you, I promise. I'm looking for thread titles that sound interesting. The fact that it's you posting some of them is total coincidence.)

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Re: Aztecs were wiped out by horror ‘eye-bleeding’ disease

Post by gardener4life »

This idea correlates directly with 2 Nephi Chapter 1 which shows the contract between us and God in being allowed to have this land. But a more direct reference is 1 Nephi Chapter 13. Chapter 13 goes into that the Lord was giving this land to the Gentiles.

There are many beautiful parts in the Book of Mormon....

From Chapter 13;

29 And after these plain and precious things were taken away it goeth forth unto all the nations of the Gentiles; and after it goeth forth unto all the nations of the Gentiles, yea, even across the many waters which thou hast seen with the Gentiles which have gone forth out of captivity, thou seest—because of the many plain and precious things which have been taken out of the book, which were plain unto the understanding of the children of men, according to the plainness which is in the Lamb of God—because of these things which are taken away out of the gospel of the Lamb, an exceedingly great many do stumble, yea, insomuch that Satan hath great power over them.
30 Nevertheless, thou beholdest that the Gentiles who have gone forth out of captivity, and have been lifted up by the power of God above all other nations, upon the face of the land which is choice above all other lands, which is the land that the Lord God hath covenanted with thy father that his seed should have for the land of their inheritance; wherefore, thou seest that the Lord God will not suffer that the Gentiles will utterly destroy the mixture of thy seed, which are among thy brethren.
31 Neither will he suffer that the Gentiles shall destroy the seed of thy brethren. (Violation of the contract in 2 Nephi Chapter 1; which we as a people are in danger of violating too. This could happen to us.)
32 Neither will the Lord God suffer that the Gentiles shall forever remain in that awful state of blindness, which thou beholdest they are in, because of the plain and most precious parts of the gospel of the Lamb which have been kept back by that abominable church, whose formation thou hast seen. (Proof of blindness; how often do we see even members on here attacking other members because of blindness about the scriptures and the gospel?)
33 Wherefore saith the Lamb of God: I will be merciful unto the Gentiles, unto the visiting of the remnant of the house of Israel in great judgment. (Think what that means? I struggle to comprehend this. He says he'll be merciful to us, but also unto judgment in some things. So we will be spanked but not destroyed?)
34 And it came to pass that the angel of the Lord spake unto me, saying: Behold, saith the Lamb of God, after I have visited the remnant of the house of Israel—and this remnant of whom I speak is the seed of thy father—wherefore, after I have visited them in judgment, and smitten them by the hand of the Gentiles, and after the Gentiles do stumble exceedingly, because of the most plain and precious parts of the gospel of the Lamb which have been kept back by that abominable church, which is the mother of harlots, saith the Lamb—I will be merciful unto the Gentiles in that day, insomuch that I will bring forth unto them, in mine own power, much of my gospel, which shall be plain and precious, saith the Lamb. (Think how often indian tribes were wiped out by a European illness because there was no immunity or anti-bodies for it here. But then the irony is, some historians will further rub salt in the wound by claiming the illnesses originated here, forgetting about the many many years the Black Plague was sweeping Europe.)
35 For, behold, saith the Lamb: I will manifest myself unto thy seed, that they shall write many things which I shall minister unto them, which shall be plain and precious; and after thy seed shall be destroyed, and dwindle in unbelief, and also the seed of thy brethren, behold, these things shall be hid up, to come forth unto the Gentiles, by the gift and power of the Lamb.
36 And in them shall be written my gospel, saith the Lamb, and my rock and my salvation.
37 And blessed are they who shall seek to bring forth my Zion at that day, for they shall have the gift and the power of the Holy Ghost; and if they endure unto the end they shall be lifted up at the last day, and shall be saved in the everlasting kingdom of the Lamb; and whoso shall publish peace, yea, tidings of great joy, how beautiful upon the mountains shall they be.
38 And it came to pass that I beheld the remnant of the seed of my brethren, and also the book of the Lamb of God, which had proceeded forth from the mouth of the Jew, that it came forth from the Gentiles unto the remnant of the seed of my brethren. (This is so beautiful and wonderful. The Lord shows how much he loves and wants to recover them. As part of showing that one of the very first missions under the Restoration, Joseph Smith sent people to the Indians before even going to Europe. He didn't wait at all. He wanted to give them back what they'd lost. What greater love than this, to be among the first peoples to receive missionaries in this dispensation. And people should reference this more when worried about having too many leaders that are white, etc.)
39 And after it had come forth unto them I beheld other books, which came forth by the power of the Lamb, from the Gentiles unto them, unto the convincing of the Gentiles and the remnant of the seed of my brethren, and also the Jews who were scattered upon all the face of the earth, that the records of the prophets and of the twelve apostles of the Lamb are true.
40 And the angel spake unto me, saying: These last records, which thou hast seen among the Gentiles, shall establish the truth of the first, which are of the twelve apostles of the Lamb, and shall make known the plain and precious things which have been taken away from them; and shall make known to all kindreds, tongues, and people, that the Lamb of God is the Son of the Eternal Father, and the Savior of the world; and that all men must come unto him, or they cannot be saved.

I would also point out the consequences of this violation of covenants are serious. That's what happened to Israel before being scattered through the Northern Kingdom, then by Judah. Also the Jaredites paid for violating their covenants and rejecting the light of Christ. So also did the ante-diluvian peoples, and the Nephites. We had better be careful of this.

The scriptures also show how the blessing of prosperity can be revoked and that plagues will come back across the land as part of the last days judgments. They will happen.