President Monson Dies - Now What?

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
LdsMarco
captain of 100

President Monson Dies - Now What?

Post by LdsMarco »

When I woke up and heard our Prophet has gone through the veil, I couldn't help thinking about my dream a few weeks ago and now I am stuck wondering, what's next.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Re: President Monson Dies - Now What?

Post by gardener4life »

I appreciated your thoughts especially to read the Book of Mormon. It's really the simple stuff. We don't need to focus on the deep mysteries and I'm glad you were right on in that. I feel like things are happening. We really do need the strength of Christ in our day. And we can only get that reading the scriptures.

And we've seen our country full of pride and the world full of pride. Then not to long ago I am listening to the D&C and there's a line "...beware of pride like the Nephites of old..." then a few verses later it spells out the fall of those with pride.

investigator
captain of 100

Re: President Monson Dies - Now What?

Post by investigator »

gardener4life wrote: January 9th, 2018, 6:08 am I appreciated your thoughts especially to read the Book of Mormon. It's really the simple stuff. We don't need to focus on the deep mysteries and I'm glad you were right on in that. I feel like things are happening. We really do need the strength of Christ in our day. And we can only get that reading the scriptures.

And we've seen our country full of pride and the world full of pride. Then not to long ago I am listening to the D&C and there's a line "...beware of pride like the Nephites of old..." then a few verses later it spells out the fall of those with pride.
We don't need to know the mysteries... unless we want to be dragged down to the destruction of hell.
Alma 12:9 And now Alma began to expound these things unto him, saying: It is given unto many to know the mysteries of God; nevertheless they are laid under a strict command that they shall not impart only according to the portion of his word which he doth grant unto the children of men, according to the heed and diligence which they give unto him.

10 And therefore, he that will harden his heart, the same receiveth the lesser portion of the word; and he that will not harden his heart, to him is given the greater portion of the word, until it is given unto him to know the mysteries of God until he know them in full.

11 And they that will harden their hearts, to them is given the lesser portion of the word until they know nothing concerning his mysteries; and then they are taken captive by the devil, and led by his will down to destruction. Now this is what is meant by the chains of hell.