Some LGBT Mormons Feel Like Outsiders In Their Own Church (HBO)

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
h_p
captain of 1,000

Re: Some LGBT Mormons Feel Like Outsiders In Their Own Church (HBO)

Post by h_p »

I personally know of a member of my ward who is sexually attracted to children. To my knowledge, he's never acted on it, but the attraction is real. I'm sure it's a heavy burden for him to carry, just like for anyone who has same-sex attraction, but he's not agitating to have that behavior normalized and accepted. He's not openly talking about it, demanding people accept him the way he is. The church is not creating websites reaching out to people with his problem. He just quietly deals with it and patiently prays for Christ's healing. It hasn't happened yet, and maybe never will in mortality, but he's still actively involved in his calling and the ward, and to my knowledge has never complained about being an outsider because of it.

Son of Liberty
captain of 100

Post by Son of Liberty »

h_p wrote: January 8th, 2018, 7:08 am I personally know of a member of my ward who is sexually attracted to children. To my knowledge, he's never acted on it, but the attraction is real. I'm sure it's a heavy burden for him to carry, just like for anyone who has same-sex attraction, but he's not agitating to have that behavior normalized and accepted. He's not openly talking about it, demanding people accept him the way he is. The church is not creating websites reaching out to people with his problem. He just quietly deals with it and patiently prays for Christ's healing. It hasn't happened yet, and maybe never will in mortality, but he's still actively involved in his calling and the ward, and to my knowledge has never complained about being an outsider because of it.

That is some mad faith to be able to be that humble others know and you know they hold their kids close even if he hasn't acted. We should pray for that brother he is trying his best that he may be tempted not.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

David13 wrote: January 5th, 2018, 6:30 pm My understanding is that there are already homos in the choir. Which taints my desire to even look at the choir. I look away, and just listen to the music. ...
Generally I fast forward through the music, but understand your qualm. Having desires for perverse things is just another weakness of the flesh or some funky mental condition. Deal with it, and don't break the commandments rather than attempt demonic sleight of hand, trying to get away with it.

God will not be mocked. :x

Who gave them the right to steal the word "gay" :?:

I live near a Catholic Church and heard the lyric "gay apparel" from a Christmas song. :x

How many grand parents are disturbed in their grave that fondly remember the "gay nineties" :?:

Attempts such as that only only prove the stark reality that, no matter how much they polish it, that turd ain't gonna shine. :lol:

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

drtanner wrote: January 8th, 2018, 6:17 am Not sure why some members have a hard time distinguishing between same sex attraction and acting on those feelings (which would include thoughts). If you have those feelings but do not entertain them, ...

Well, it's quite simple really, if you listened to Elder Bednar's answer to the question posted above.
If they are not, have not, and do not intend to act on those "attractions", then they are not homosexuals, they are not "gay", they are not LGBT or any other group, agenda, or anything of the sort.

They are you and I or anyone else in the church going about the usual business of life.

They are not joining advocacy groups, marching in the street for pride of that thing, etc.

What did Elder Bednar say? "Do not let the voice of the world confuse you ..."

God gave us agency. That agency is absolute. No one is born homosexual.

God gave us gender in the pre-mortal life. It is absolute.

Of course some women are more womanly than others, some less so, and so on.

But go by God, not by the voice of the world, the cultural Marxist agenda, the LGBTQF or whatever else agenda.
Amen.
dc

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

drtanner wrote: January 8th, 2018, 6:24 am
David13 wrote: January 6th, 2018, 8:08 am
inho wrote: January 6th, 2018, 6:03 am
David13 wrote: January 5th, 2018, 10:13 pm

Some people are attracted to children. Some to animals. What next.
dc
Even they are children of our Father in Heaven and are welcome to the church as long as they don't act on those attractions. As tdj said: "If you have [sinful] urges, but pray about them and struggle not to give into them, then what more can anyone possibly ask?" If they are unable to control themselves, we certainly need to take measures to protect the innocence. Yet we keep loving them and wish their best. Obviously, if one yields to some sinful urges, there needs to be legal consequences and one needs to submit to those legal actions. Yet if their will is to come to Christ, we should support them on their struggle.

That's pure nonsense.

Why do you think the homos have homo pride parades? Because they are NOT going to act on their impulse, or because they don't think it's a sin, and they think that it's perfectly ok in the eyes of God (which we know it isn't) and that they must make it ok in your eyes, that they think they have the right to prevent you from believing it is sin?

And that they have the right to force you to 'celebrate' their homo marriage in the Temple? Which do you think it is?

(And, so you understand: RHETORICAL QUESTION.)
dc

There are two groups here. The LGBT that would fight for unlawful rights to be infringed on others, and true followers of Christ who are doing everything there power not to act on same sex attractions and living in 100% accordance with the commandments of God. Let’s not chase the latter group out of the church, the very group that may help us preserve these rights, fight our religious freedom battles, and most importantly help others in the other camp come to Christ.

Well, now, isn't that exactly my point?
Let us not be confused, that, if they are identifying themselves with any group, if the are "coming out of the closet", if they are marching in the street with "pride", that they are of the former group, not the latter group.

That shouldn't be hard to understand. It's simple really.

Do their actions show that they are trying to be "accepted" that they may then freely pursue these things? Or is it that we don't even know what their challenges are?

If someone gets up in fast and testimony to "come out" with all this, why do they do it? Because they don't want to make it acceptable, that they might pursue it?

Well, they have all been "coming out" to pursue the general agenda, not because they are against it.

Remember what Elder Bednar clearly said. "There are some things we do not tolerate".
dc