contradictory?! president joseph f smith: "When God leads the people back to Jackson County, how will he do it?"

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

contradictory?! president joseph f smith: "When God leads the people back to Jackson County, how will he do it?"

Post by sushi_chef »

"Discourse by President Joseph F. Smith, delivered in the Tabernacle, Provo City, Sunday Afternoon, December 3, 1882. (( then, 80-1887, he was second counselor to president john taylor ))

When God leads the people back to Jackson County, how will he do it? Let me picture to you how some of us may be gathered and led to Jackson County. I think I see two or three hundred thousand people wending their way across the great plain enduring the nameless hardships of the journey, herding and guarding their cattle by day and by night, and defending themselves and little ones from foes on the right hand and on the left, as when they came here. They will find the journey back to Jackson County will be as real as when they came out here. Now, mark it. And though you may be led by the power of God “with a stretched-out arm,” it will not be more manifest than the lead- ing the people out here to those that participate in it. They will think there are a great many hardships to endure in this manifestation of the power of God, and it will be left, perhaps to their children to see the glory of their deliverance, just as it is left for us to see the glory of our former deliverance from the hands of those that sought to destroy us. This is one way to look at it. It is certainly a practical view. Some might ask, what will become of the railroads? I fear that the sifting process would be insufficient were we to travel by railroads. We are apt to overlook the manifestations of the power of God to us because we are participators in them, and regard them as commonplace events.
"
http://jod.mrm.org/24/150

kinda guesstimates a follwing anonymous vision shouldnt be bogus one,

vision : http://www.keepapitchinin.org/2012/10/2 ... and-again/

for from the part "I saw the roads full of people, principally women, with just what they could carry in bundles on their backs, traveling to the mountains on foot", at least president could have mentioned a similarity between traveling on foot and "as when they came out here" part from his own discourse, thinks, but he didnt.

also, from the above comment section,

" 40.... You might also want to consider this prophecy given by Woodruff and affirmed by Brigham Young as “Revelation” on August 22, 1868,(it is eerily similar, just not as detailed)

22d A Plesant ....

It was before the many Millions of the People of the United States & other Nations of the Earth were destroyed with their Cities By the Great Judgments of God Because of their great sins & wickedness in the sight of Heaven & Earth.

This was Before the United States became so weakened & Broaken to peaces that they Called upon Brigham Young to take the Presidency of the United States to save the Constitution & the remnant of the Nation from utter destruction. If this will not be the Conversation of those little Children who were in the procession with their Banners to welcome the prophet & Apostles on their Enterance into this City, thirty years from this it will be sumthing like it.

[p.423] At the Close of the meeting Presidet Young said my remarks were given By Revelation. (Wilford Woodruff’s Journal, Vol. 6, p.423)
"
probably president woodruff thought it worthy to be located in the church records.

principally women carry in bundles on their backs on foot
https://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?ei=UT ... %22&dups=1

going to jackson county, would that be really by invitation??
:arrow:

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: contradictory?! president joseph f smith: "When God leads the people back to Jackson County, how will he do it?"

Post by JohnnyL »

You've just found a few quotes that were needed on another thread about "gathering to Zion" and if we'd go back to Missouri. <clap>