DAO, AI, Blockchain, and the Future of Intelligence (& Bitcoin )

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

DAO, AI, Blockchain, and the Future of Intelligence (& Bitcoin )

Post by Lexew1899 »

A global view of the Bitcoin network.
All truth is independent in that sphere in which God has placed it, to act for itself, as all intelligence also; otherwise there is no existence.

DAOs (Decentralized Autonomous Organizations) are a form of company/organization where the bylaws are written into computer code. It's organization is a network of computer nodes that execute this code, instead of a structure where humans are in charge of a typical hierarchical corporate structure CEO, COO, etc. Perhaps an AI controlled DAO will one day run all of the large corporations we know today, Google, Apple, and so forth...
How can a computer program run a corporation? You need 3 main components. A DAO, AI, and the Blockchain.

Blockchain
First, what is a Block of data?
This is one unit of data, recorded in a block, or file. Once this data is created, it is locked away with a cryptographic key so it can't be tampered with and becomes immutable. The creation of this "crypto" key is typically referred to as "Mining". The computation power used to Mine is referred to as Hash. Any kind of data could be stored in this Block. Financial data, such as bank records, account balances, money transfers, account numbers, etc. Many other kinds of data could be stored in this manner, like your Medical History, music collection from Itunes, etc. The possibility of creating these blocks of data are endless.
What is the Blockchain?
The Blockchain is simply Blocks of data, or transactions linked together. They are like files, or memories. They are stacked or structured in such a way, that changing them becomes impossible, on networks such as Bitcoin. They essentially become tamper proof, typically referred to as immutable, because to change one Block in the Blockchain, would require all of the subsequent Blocks to also be altered simultaiously. Considering there are millions of computations occurring worldwide mining the hash for single blocks at a time, no person would single-handedly be able to alter dozens of these blocks independently.

A.I.
The processing power of CPUs has grown greatly since the creation of the microprocessor. Moore's Law theorized
Chip performance would double every 18 months (being a combination of the effect of more transistors and the transistors being faster)
Is this still true? Not really. Transistors are at, or nearly at their theoretical performance barrier. The transistors have a limit on how small they can become, when the ions start jumping from transistor to transistor. But we do have a few possible solutions. The quantum computer, or, what is already being utilized to mine several cryptocurrancies, GPUs. GPUs, or Graphics Processor Units, are very good at processing similar data points over and over again, in a manner faster and more efficient than a CPU. How is their performance in relation to CPUs?
They are now being utilized in most supercomputers, increasing performance greatly.
The first Robot given citizenship in the world.
The "Turing Test" is used to determine if a computer has A.I. sufficient to mimic a human to the point that the user on the other end believes they are talking to another human being. The Eugene Goostman chatbot passed the Turing Test a few years ago.
Let's not forget, that Google's little AI program began to have dreams...

DAO
A DAO Decentralized Autonomous Organization could be used for many things. Their main design is to replace the typical corporate structure with computer code instead of human beings. This reduces the need for pay to these highly paid employees.

An AI controlled DAO utilizing Blockchain would have amazing powers.
Human CEO's may be on their way out, as computers gain the ability to take over their jobs, in a more efficient, and cost efficient manner.
Last edited by Lexew1899 on December 16th, 2017, 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Re: DAO, AI, Blockchain, and the Future of Intelligence (& Bitcoin )

Post by Lexew1899 »

If you found this post interesting, here is a great article you can read on the subject.
AI DAOs, and Three Paths to Get There - by Trent McConaghy
(AI DAOs Series, Part I)
DAOs have arrived. When artificial intelligence (AI) gets added to the mix, the results are explosive.

I was about ten years old when I stumbled across a book on artificial intelligence (AI). It riveted me. The profound implications sunk in. I’ve been passionate about ever it since. I spent nearly twenty years as a professional AI researcher. Three years ago, I stepped out of the AI world to work on something just as important: decentralization. These worlds will collide, soon.

This post is Part I of a series. It considers how such AI DAOs might be built. Part II gives details on how, and near-term implications. Part III describes humanity-scale implications (“oh sh*t”), with a possible solution.

Hype / Tech Schedule
Decentralization started with Bitcoin. Then blockchain. But it hasn’t ended there. I’ve come to realize this wasn’t just one wave, or even two. I currently see it as five in a row, one wave furiously crashing after the other.[/url]
Read more here - https://blog.bigchaindb.com/ai-daos-and ... a0a4cc37b8

Lexew1899
captain of 1,000

Re: DAO, AI, Blockchain, and the Future of Intelligence (& Bitcoin )

Post by Lexew1899 »

What do tech and financial experts say about Bitcoin? We all know what bankster Jamie "Anti-Bitcoin" Dimon says. What about others?