"the answer to our burgeoning cancer and Alzheimer’s epidemics is a ketogenic diet..."

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

"the answer to our burgeoning cancer and Alzheimer’s epidemics is a ketogenic diet..."

Post by sushi_chef »

" Ketogenic Diet Shows Tremendous Promise as Tool Against Chronic Disease

A number of experts and researchers are now convinced the answer to our burgeoning cancer and Alzheimer’s epidemics is a ketogenic diet and other metabolic support. Nutritional ketosis is the metabolic state associated with an increased production of ketones in your liver; i.e., the biological reflection of being able to burn fat, and is defined as having blood ketones in the range of 0.5 to 3.0 millimoles per liter.

Personally, I believe metabolic therapy — starting with a ketogenic diet — is an absolutely crucial facet of dementia and cancer prevention and treatment, and hopefully some day it will be adopted as a first line of treatment by mainstream medicine. The two videos included in this article feature Dominic D’Agostino, Ph.D., assistant professor at the University of South Florida College of Medicine.

He teaches courses in molecular pharmacology and physiology, and maintains involvement in several studies researching metabolic treatments for neurological disorders such as seizures, Alzheimer’s, ALS and cancer, all of which are metabolically linked....
"
http://tapnewswire.com/2017/12/the-shoc ... onditions/
:arrow:

penkai
Hi, I'm new.

Re: "the answer to our burgeoning cancer and Alzheimer’s epidemics is a ketogenic diet..."

Post by penkai »

My son is on the Keto diet and he said his mind has never felt so clear.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: "the answer to our burgeoning cancer and Alzheimer’s epidemics is a ketogenic diet..."

Post by larsenb »

My step son has been on a ketogenic diet for almost two months. He's lost 20 pounds, has greater mental clarity, and a lot of other chronic problems he's had to deal with have essentially cleared up.

Tetraman
captain of 100

Post by Tetraman »

A ketogenic diet can also reverse or mitigate type 2 diabetes. I'm living proof.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

This goes against the word of wisdom though. Keto pushes healthy fats and meat, but stay away from what God told Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden to freely eat. (all fruits & vegetables, and not just "some" of them)

Plant based diet also will reduce cancer and Alzheimer's epidemics, along with diabetes, obesity, auto-immune diseases etc. Watch "Forks over Knives"

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

kittycat51 wrote: February 26th, 2018, 2:31 pm This goes against the word of wisdom though. Keto pushes healthy fats and meat, but stay away from what God told Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden to freely eat. (all fruits & vegetables, and not just "some" of them)

Plant based diet also will reduce cancer and Alzheimer's epidemics, along with diabetes, obesity, auto-immune diseases etc. Watch "Forks over Knives"
What does the word of wisdom say against fats? The Ketogenic diet sounds a lot like the GAPS diet, which was created to help resolve psychological issues like ADHD, autism and schizophrenia etc.

larsenb
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by larsenb »

kittycat51 wrote: February 26th, 2018, 2:31 pm This goes against the word of wisdom though. Keto pushes healthy fats and meat, but stay away from what God told Adam and Eve in the garden of Eden to freely eat. (all fruits & vegetables, and not just "some" of them)

My step son is following a version of the diet that allows organic vegetables, regarded as slow carbohydrates. He is also allowed to eat certain berries. But 'fast carbohydrates'/starches are forbidden. He eats a lot of salads as well as lots of eggs and cheese.

Tetraman
captain of 100

Post by Tetraman »

The "Keto" diet is quite misunderstood by those who have not studied it. It's more of a class for a wide variety of diets. It's even possible to go on a vegan/vegetarian ketogenic diet. The particular variation of the keto diet I follow is whole plant based and only recommends 4-6 ounces of protein per day and that does not have to be animal based. The idea is to reduce the carbohydrate intake to the point that your body starts burning ketones, derived from fat, as fuel base instead of carbohydrate. It's normal for the body to operate this way when in a fasted state.
What I've learned is that diet has to be individualized as each persons body works slightly differently. What works for one person may not work for another.
I think my keto diet complies with the word of wisdom quite well. I make green leafy vegetables(herbs) my constitution. I eat meat sparingly. Grains are to be a staff - used for extra support when vegetables are not available, which is never for me. Fruit is only eaten when it's in season, and for me in small quantities. The WofW says nothing about fat. The best sources of fat are avocados, nuts, olives, coconut, eggs and fish. The scriptures also talk about feasting and fasting. I don't think that constantly feeding our bodies up to 6 or more times a day is healthy, even if what we eat is good. So I also incorporate intermittent fasting.
The results have been absolutely amazing. After trying to control type 2 diabetes for 14 years will all kinds of medication and diets, just 4 months on a Ketogenic diet and my A1C dropped to normal (5.0) and I'm off all medication completely.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Would love to do it, but I live in a food desert, where everything is carbs and more carbs.

I ordered Fat for Fuel and some chocolate bars from Dr. Mercola, who says he added info about lectins iaw The Plant Paradox by Dr. Gundry.

Hopefully things will improve and finding Braggs ACV bottled beverage at the local store, is a glimmer of hope. People are just now beginning to wise up to the awful situation that is our food supply.

PS: go with the double chocolate version of the pumpkin seed bars.
Last edited by BeNotDeceived on February 26th, 2018, 7:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Tetraman wrote: February 26th, 2018, 7:26 pm

The "Keto" diet is quite misunderstood by those who have not studied it. It's more of a class for a wide variety of diets. It's even possible to go on a vegan/vegetarian ketogenic diet. The particular variation of the keto diet I follow is whole plant based and only recommends 4-6 ounces of protein per day and that does not have to be animal based. The idea is to reduce the carbohydrate intake to the point that your body starts burning ketones, derived from fat, as fuel base instead of carbohydrate. It's normal for the body to operate this way when in a fasted state.
What I've learned is that diet has to be individualized as each persons body works slightly differently. What works for one person may not work for another.
I think my keto diet complies with the word of wisdom quite well. I make green leafy vegetables(herbs) my constitution. I eat meat sparingly. Grains are to be a staff - used for extra support when vegetables are not available, which is never for me. Fruit is only eaten when it's in season, and for me in small quantities. The WofW says nothing about fat. The best sources of fat are avocados, nuts, olives, coconut, eggs and fish. The scriptures also talk about feasting and fasting. I don't think that constantly feeding our bodies up to 6 or more times a day is healthy, even if what we eat is good. So I also incorporate intermittent fasting.
The results have been absolutely amazing. After trying to control type 2 diabetes for 14 years will all kinds of medication and diets, just 4 months on a Ketogenic diet and my A1C dropped to normal (5.0) and I'm off all medication completely.
Since I don't have a Thank button, "Thanks". I actually agree with what you said. I guess I worded my comment wrong talking about healthy fats. I agree with those. Keto is certainly different than say paleo, gaps, or scd (Which I have tried but it did not help me) which does push a meat, meat, meat diet. Meat is hard for my body to digest and causes me more inflammation. I do fine with gluten free grains. Diets that push lots of meat number one is not sustainable (In a world economy) and do go against the "eat meat sparingly" of the WofW. I hope this makes more sense?