"I am in your midist and ye cannot see me"

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

"I am in your midist and ye cannot see me"

Post by sushi_chef »

"7 But behold, verily, verily, I say unto you that mine eyes are upon you. I am in your midst and ye cannot see me;
8 But the day soon cometh that ye shall see me, and know that I am; for the veil of darkness shall soon be rent, and he that is not purified shall not abide the day.
"
(d&c 38 \ 1831 jan)

sushi_ kinda believes/imagines this is somewhat not well known lds tradition that since around that time 1831 there have been always somewhere some members who attained that purified state in this life so that they have seen him face to face. (not only those authority figures supposedly or not but those regular lay members...)
:arrow:

Juliet
captain of 1,000

Re: "I am in your midist and ye cannot see me"

Post by Juliet »

The members who make it and receive that promise probably don't share since it would make us jealous. And, it isn't something to be jealous about since it is an individual thing how close you want to be to the Savior. I would bet that if you really want to see Him, you will. But most of us, while saying we do, really don't in our hearts.
Which is why the 2nd principle of the gospel in my opinion is repentance because it is what most of us need to do to get our hearts right with God so we can really enjoy His presence.

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

too bad, zero quoting in general conference talks for those 2 verses.
https://www.lds-general-conference.org/

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

sushi_chef wrote: November 22nd, 2017, 10:13 am too bad, zero quoting in general conference talks for those 2 verses.
https://www.lds-general-conference.org/
Again, in the mighty demonstration of this solemn assembly, I am moved with emotions beyond expression as I have felt the true love and bonds of brotherhood. There has been here an overwhelming spiritual endowment, attesting, no doubt, that in all likelihood we are in the presence of personages, seen and unseen, who are in attendance. Who knows but that even our Lord and Master would be near us on such an occasion as this, for we, and the world, must never forget that this is his church, and under his almighty direction we are to serve! Indeed, I would remind you what he declared in a similar conference of Saints in Fayette, New York, and undoubtedly would remind us again today. The Lord said: “Behold, verily, verily, I say unto you that mine eyes are upon you. I am in your midst and ye cannot see me.”

Harold B. Lee at the solemn assembly session of general conference, Friday morning, October 6, 1972

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

Juliet wrote: November 20th, 2017, 5:35 pm The members who make it and receive that promise probably don't share since it would make us jealous. And, it isn't something to be jealous about since it is an individual thing how close you want to be to the Savior. I would bet that if you really want to see Him, you will. But most of us, while saying we do, really don't in our hearts.
Which is why the 2nd principle of the gospel in my opinion is repentance because it is what most of us need to do to get our hearts right with God so we can really enjoy His presence.
It is supposed to be shared so that others know that they, also, can receive the Savior. Not the details of the visit, but the fact that it can and does happen to even ordinary, non-elite people. At the same time, if the Lord says not to share, I would trust his personal message to me, but I don't think his advice would have anything to do with jealousy among those with too little faith to see him (or to know he is there, unseen).

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

a ha,
from above site, 'cannot see' search results zero but 'can not see' search does show president lee's.

btw some claim he died suspicious death, how true was it???

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

You have to use exact words, that's for sure, Sushi.

I don't think he died a suspicious death. I think it was his time to go.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

sushi_chef wrote: November 20th, 2017, 5:16 pm "7 But behold, verily, verily, I say unto you that mine eyes are upon you. I am in your midst and ye cannot see me;
8 But the day soon cometh that ye shall see me, and know that I am; for the veil of darkness shall soon be rent, and he that is not purified shall not abide the day.
"
(d&c 38 \ 1831 jan)

sushi_ kinda believes/imagines this is somewhat not well known lds tradition that since around that time 1831 there have been always somewhere some members who attained that purified state in this life so that they have seen him face to face. (not only those authority figures supposedly or not but those regular lay members...)
7 begins pre-pends the first quoted sentence. Grammar Natzies Nazis frown on beginning sentences with numbers, and that’s why I enjoy doing it. :D

7 years of prosperity is like that, and we are currently in its midst. Few recognize it, despite what happened in August and what is forecast to occur in April of 2024.

Do you see it :?:
Last edited by BeNotDeceived on November 29th, 2017, 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

BeNotDeceived wrote: November 29th, 2017, 1:02 pm 7 begins the first quoted sentence.
In sushi's quote, it is just the verse number, not really a part of the sentence. Am I missing something?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

inho wrote: November 29th, 2017, 1:21 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote: November 29th, 2017, 1:02 pm 7 begins the first quoted sentence.
In sushi's quote, it is just the verse number, not really a part of the sentence. Am I missing something?
Correction: changed "begin" to "pre-pend" as in Sushi's case, the 7 technically isn't part of the sentence. 8-)

Image Image

There are some pics showing GDP for the most recent Q2 and Q3 >3% which meets my definition of prosperity, and said events.

The first eclipse was when two consecutive quarters became apparent, which meets the other requirement of my definition, which is similar to the accepted definition for an economic recession.

Now, do you see it :?: