"Hidden Benefits Of Nicotine on The Brain"

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

"Hidden Benefits Of Nicotine on The Brain"

Post by sushi_chef »

"When most people think of nicotine, they think of smoking cigarettes or other tobacco products. Since tobacco products are linked to various types of cancer (e.g. lung cancer from smoking), many people assume that nicotine is inherently evil. While nicotine is considered one of the most addictive drugs, there isn’t significant evidence supporting the idea that it causes cancer.

While cancer is commonly associated with nicotine due to the fact that nicotine is in cigarettes, this is mostly due to tobacco as well as the upwards of 7,000 chemicals added to these products. When used in the form of a standalone patch, a person is capable of attaining....

Does this article suggest that you should start using nicotine?

No, this article was written with the intent of educating people regarding the potential therapeutic value of nicotine. In no way is it meant to encourage or promote the usage of nicotine as a “wonder drug” or a substance that everyone should use. As with any drug or substance, it is important to realize that there’s no biological free lunch, meaning whatever “benefits” you experience from the drug, you’ll also likely experience equally oppositional “drawbacks.”

A majority of neuroscientists and physicians discourage the usage of nicotine, even in the pure form. The usage is discouraged in part because there are no large scale studies analyzing the potential risks and benefits, and there also is still a potential for addiction. If you’d like more information about nicotine, you may want to chat with a physician or even a neuroscientist....
"
http://mentalhealthdaily.com/2015/05/26 ... the-brain/
nicotine brain wave
https://search.yahoo.co.jp/search?ei=UT ... ain%20wave
:arrow:

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Re: "Hidden Benefits Of Nicotine on The Brain"

Post by gardener4life »

I don't really need your propaganda leading people astray. These kinds of threads are leading people into bondage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-O53FsJNIY

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000

Post by sushi_chef »

seems above blogger has had own disorder problems and based on the experiences tries to share lights and hopes, so, thinks worth listening to.

http://mentalhealthdaily.com/about/

in a sense, trying/pretending to be good samaritan like defender of feeble minded audiences/viewers who need guide and protect in this forum assuming they are such might indicate kinda outdated mentality in the www age, mightnt it?

:arrow:

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

Hmm. Thanks for posting. Maybe I'll look over this again. There isn't a way to delete a post I made is there?

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

User comments from the article:

"Nicotine really gets a bum rap. Not only is it a good cognitive enhancer, it’s wrongly is accused for making smoking so addictive. I was surprised to find that the latest research does not support this. Animal studies show nicotine to be only mildly addictive. Apparently, other chemicals that keep smokers hooked include acetaldehyde, ..."

"I tried going without nicotine for a couple weeks here and there but I kept getting patches again if I knew a big project was coming up or there was an important meeting. At one point I made it 6 weeks without nicotine patches. Now, I am back on the patches and have embraced that this is a part of my life. My mood is improved; I’m more alert and focused; my communication is improved; I make less errors on mundane tasks; my performance at work is much better. "

"After an unfortunate incident where I overdosed, greatly overestimating my tolerance to the dosage (I haven’t smoked in ten years and only lightly before), I started to cut the patches into threes so that I was using a 21 mg patch over three days.

My only symptoms of overdose, by the way, were sweating, dizziness, and nausea. They subsided within ten minutes of removing the patch. Anyway the patches, which I now cut in half (despite the terrifying warning that terrifying things will happen to you — these patches are clearly die cut), I use until I don’t feel a noticeable effect, for about nine months out of the year. Then I take a 30 day hiatus (my longest was probably longer), and I start again.

I have found that despite being a terrible sleeper, I am more awake and alert in the morning, akin to a couple cups of coffee. Nicotine can cause sleep disturbance, but for me, it’s always been a problem anyway. I think my memory is a little better, but I am definitely more focused. As a bonus, I haven’t had to treat my anxiety as aggressively with other medication (incidentally, I was prescribed a medication commonly used for smoking cessation – Buspirone – which I think mimics the effects of nicotine).

The patches have been a lifesaver for me and I’ll not stop using them anytime soon. It sure beats the Lexapro + Xanax + Adderall cocktail I’m sure I would need in order to function on the same level as a 10.5 mg nicotine patch."

"I took up nicotine vaping about a year ago for stress management. It helps me relax and it has cut down on my compulsive eating habit. I can personally vouch for its non-addictiveness, since I can go entire weeks without touching my mod and not experience even the slightest hint of withdrawal."