Please help. FINAL UPDATE 11/02

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Please help. FINAL UPDATE 11/02

Post by marc »

A personal friend of mine who lives in Puerto Rico is struggling right now to support his family, including his grandmother who he just moved into his home. He has said that there has been no support from the government, no FEMA. I have already wired him some money so his family can buy some clean drinking water and buy some food to eat. He asked me to help him raise a little money for a small generator to take care of his family, so I set up a YouCaring account to try and raise the funds. Please take a look and please help. Thank you very much!

https://www.youcaring.com/miguelenrique ... iaz-987485
Last edited by marc on November 2nd, 2017, 3:23 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rand
captain of 1,000

Re: Please help.

Post by Rand »

I have helped. I hope others do too. Now, will you share with me where in DC 84 it explains why they don't talk about the HG in the OT. Best of luck to your friend.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

Rand wrote: October 24th, 2017, 6:30 pm I have helped. I hope others do too. Now, will you share with me where in DC 84 it explains why they don't talk about the HG in the OT. Best of luck to your friend.
Thank you for donating, Rand!

In a nutshell, the Holy Ghost is given by Jesus Christ the sole keeper of the gate, OR one whom Jesus specifically authorizes to administer this ordinance. In other words, those who were the "sons of Aaron" such as the temple priests between the time Moses was taken and the time of Jesus (and John the Baptist who baptized strictly with water, who testified One would come baptizing with fire and with the Holy Ghost) did not and could not administer the gift of the Holy Ghost. While "all" priesthood is "Melchizedek," that portion, which Moses possessed was taken with him.
21 And without the ordinances thereof, and the authority of the priesthood, the power of godliness is not manifest unto men in the flesh;

22 For without this no man can see the face of God, even the Father, and live.

23 Now this Moses plainly taught to the children of Israel in the wilderness, and sought diligently to sanctify his people that they might behold the face of God;

24 But they hardened their hearts and could not endure his presence; therefore, the Lord in his wrath, for his anger was kindled against them, swore that they should not enter into his rest while in the wilderness, which rest is the fulness of his glory.

25 Therefore, he took Moses out of their midst, and the Holy Priesthood also;

26 And the lesser priesthood continued, which priesthood holdeth the key of the ministering of angels and the preparatory gospel;

27 Which gospel is the gospel of repentance and of baptism, and the remission of sins, and the law of carnal commandments, which the Lord in his wrath caused to continue with the house of Aaron among the children of Israel until John, whom God raised up, being filled with the Holy Ghost from his mother’s womb.

28 For he was baptized while he was yet in his childhood, and was ordained by the angel of God at the time he was eight days old unto this power, to overthrow the kingdom of the Jews, and to make straight the way of the Lord before the face of his people, to prepare them for the coming of the Lord, in whose hand is given all power.

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Post by marc »

I cannot say thank you enough to those on this forum who have helped so far. Miguel is overwhelmed right now by the love shown to him and it has brought him closer to our Savior.

Rand
captain of 1,000

Post by Rand »

Thanks for your response and for helping Miguel!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Please help. UPDATE 10/27

Post by marc »

Miguel's grandmother passed away last night. Because of the help he has received and is receiving with this fundraiser, he has felt uplifted and strengthened, all things considered. The goal of $500 has been reached and he will be able to continue his daughter's breathing therapy for her asthma with their portable nebulizer.

I do not know what other costs Miguel is expecting due to his grandmother's passing, but he is still without electricity. I want to make sure he has enough for his needs, including food and clean drinking water, so I will leave the fundraiser open until the original deadline next weekend and continue sending him whatever funds are raised. As the goal of $500 has been met and Miguel is doing his best to support his family and take care of his neighbors, I will increase the goal amount to an even $1,000. Whether or not the goal is met, Miguel and his daughter have been overwhelmed by people's generosity and are very grateful.

Please consider sharing the link on Facebook if you're on there. Thank you so much to all who have helped. Thank you!

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Please help. UPDATE 10/29

Post by marc »

Miguel was able to find a super deal on a generator. Thank you all who have helped. One thing Miguel did not mention to me, which I just found out was that he lost his girlfriend to the hurricane. This year, he has suffered the loss of his father, his girlfriend to the hurricane and his grandmother a few days ago. But he is thankful to have electricity again and can take care of his daughter again with her asthma treatments at home. Again, thank you all who have helped. The goal was met, but I have left the original deadline open in case anyone still would like to help. I'm sure Miguel still has to think about funeral expenses and having food and clean drinking water. Whether or not the new goal is met, Miguel and his daughter have been overwhelmed by people's generosity and are very grateful.
Attachments
g2.jpg
g2.jpg (299.87 KiB) Viewed 365 times
g1.jpg
g1.jpg (23.77 KiB) Viewed 365 times

marc
Disciple of Jesus Christ

Re: Please help. FINAL UPDATE 11/02

Post by marc »

Final update: I have deactivated the fundraiser. After meeting the goal and receiving more funds privately, Miguel has been able to better take care of his family with power, food and clean water. There is a growing problem in Puerto Rico with diseases from the dirty water and toxic environments resulting from the hurricane and lack of government action, which Miguel is better able to cope with now. Thank you all who helped. Thank you! ❤