Help with Ketone Calculator

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
brian24
Hi, I'm new.

Help with Ketone Calculator

Post by brian24 »

Losing weight with keto diet is easy, I bet many people doesn't know this. I have been on keto diet for weeks now and the results are very visible. My only concern is how to determine my daily calorie intake. Though I am using the keto calculator recommended by a friend, I will also welcome any suggestions from keto dieters in this great board. Thanks LSD Freedom Forum for such a great platform....

OOOK?
captain of 10

Re: Help with Ketone Calculator

Post by OOOK? »

I use Chron-O-Meter. It helps track macros and it figures out your daily caloric needs/intake. It changes it with how many calories you burn through exercise. You can choose a ketogenic diet for determining macros. It even lets you choose strict (to prevent seizures, help with cancer...),moderate for health or weight loss, or the looser version that body builders really like. It also lets you decide wether to track carbs or net carbs and wether to count sugar alcohols. I track everything, but after a time I hope I will be able to switch to net carbs and still receive the therapeutic benefits. I do not enjoy the occasional seizure I have when people insist on using flash photography even when asked not to. Luckily, it is only occasional and I do not have grand mal seizures. My brain just shuts down and restarts and i feel cold, shaky, and sick to my stomach afterwards. There is also a great video on figuring out your macros by Kim Howerton on the website http://www.completelyketo.com/replay good luck.

saizoh
Hi, I'm new.

Post by saizoh »

I successfully lost fat just by counting calories. I have heard the numerous positive effects of keto such as high energy, etc. but I am a bit hesistant to try it. What's the best reason for doing keto as opposed to a typical low cal diet?

gradles21
captain of 1,000

Post by gradles21 »

brian24 wrote: Losing weight with keto diet is easy, I bet many people doesn't know this. I have been on keto diet for weeks now and the results are very visible. My only concern is how to determine my daily calorie intake. Though I am using the keto calculator recommended by a friend, I will also welcome any suggestions from keto dieters in this great board. Thanks LSD Freedom Forum for such a great platform....
I use the myfitnesspal app to keep track of my macros, it's free and has everything you need. Honestly though the best thing to do is just measure your blood ketones, and only eat when you're hungry (unless you're trying to build muscle). If you start to plateau then you can always throw in daily intermittent fasting as well. Keto and intermittent fasting combined is unbelievably effective.