There is an Amazing Way to Prevent Some Earthquakes

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
User avatar
BeNotDeceived
captain of 100
Posts: 872
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:55 am
Contact:

There is an Amazing Way to Prevent Some Earthquakes

Postby BeNotDeceived » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:44 am

The recent solar flare in conjunction with a magnitude 8 earthquake caused me to consider what could possibly be the connection.

Aha, the quake occured on a narrow land mass between two large bodies of water. :ymparty:

The infamous Carrinton Event ably demonstrated that solar events can induce large electrical currents. So too can the EMP of a Hydogen Bomb exploded at high altitude.

Were a voltage difference to be induced between two bodies of water, then maximum current flow would occur at the point of least resistance, which likely would be at or near the narrowest land mass separating said bodies of water.

A large current flowing at the point of least resistance would cause uneven heating of the rocks. Uneven heating would cause uneven expansion of the rocks to the point of explosion.

The bodies of water in this case are the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico.

I posted:

Image

in We failed to subdue Hurricane Harvey and Irma IAW Genesis 1:28

OTEC again can prevent this type of earthquake, by providing a good conductor between the bodies of water. This good conductor will then become the point of least resistance.

Cold water flow in places like this would make a great utility. The cold pipes naturally sweat pure water for irrigation, as described in a Wired article about John Craven The Mad Genius from the Bottom of the Sea and Sea Water Air Conditioning operates at a fraction of the cost of electrical air-cons, without heating the surrounding environment.

Keeping the ground from drying out would present more paths for current to flow thereby preventing similar situations anywhere.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ignored. Second, it is skewed all out of proportion. Third, it stagnates due to complacency, opposing interests, and lack of funding.

Sponsored Links

Advertisements

Medical Cost Sharing - It's not insurance it's better!

User avatar
BeNotDeceived
captain of 100
Posts: 872
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:55 am
Contact:

Re: There is an Amazing Way to Prevent Some Earthquakes

Postby BeNotDeceived » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:11 am

Image
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ignored. Second, it is skewed all out of proportion. Third, it stagnates due to complacency, opposing interests, and lack of funding.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1541
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:00 am

Re: There is an Amazing Way to Prevent Some Earthquakes

Postby Spaced_Out » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:37 am

God has decreed these things, the earth has a spirit that is weary of the wickedness in it and is starting to groan - we are not given power over mother nature. It is folly to think we can control those forces of nature - such an attitude is doomed to miserable failure.

Doctrine and Covenants 121:33
33 How long can rolling waters remain impure? What power shall stay the heavens? As well might man stretch forth his puny arm to stop the Missouri river in its decreed course, or to turn it up stream, as to hinder the Almighty from pouring down knowledge from heaven upon the heads of the Latter-day Saints.

User avatar
BeNotDeceived
captain of 100
Posts: 872
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:55 am
Contact:

Re: There is an Amazing Way to Prevent Some Earthquakes

Postby BeNotDeceived » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:43 am

Spaced_Out wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:37 am
God has decreed these things, the earth has a spirit that is weary of the wickedness in it and is starting to groan - we are not given power over mother nature. It is folly to think we can control those forces of nature - such an attitude is doomed to miserable failure.

Doctrine and Covenants 121:33
33 How long can rolling waters remain impure? What power shall stay the heavens? As well might man stretch forth his puny arm to stop the Missouri river in its decreed course, or to turn it up stream, as to hinder the Almighty from pouring down knowledge from heaven upon the heads of the Latter-day Saints.
... Floodwater. The “rolling waters” imagery of Doctrine and Covenants 121:33 is a paragraph taken from a longer portion in the Liberty letter. The text of the letter employs this imagery much more broadly. The Prophet Joseph first spoke of the filthiness caused by newly rolling water. It was at first full of all kinds of debris and impurities. Then he asked, “How long can rolling water remain impure?” Almost as an answer to his own question, he asked, “What is [Governor] Boggs or his murderous party, but wimbling willows upon the shore to catch the flood-wood?” In Joseph’s time, the knowledge poured from heaven had stirred up rubbish. Notwithstanding, the Prophet knew that the “next surge” of opposition and trial would “bring to [the Saints] the fountain as clear as crystal, and as pure as snow.”[19] He understood that opposition has a purpose in purifying the moving water.

In our time, this principle is still true. As a newly converted individual begins to implement the laws of the gospel in his or her life, opposition is often stirred up. However, as the individual continues in righteousness, that opposition has a purifying effect. Joseph Smith made a simple scientific comparison in the same thought: ... https://rsc.byu.edu/archived/volume-13- ... nts-121-23

In researching my reply, I learned what is meant by "rolling waters" and the fascinating context behind your cited reference. This passage of scripture is about men thinking they can do anything contrary to Gods decree.
Genesis1:28 wrote: And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it ...
It is God's decree that we are to subdue the Earth. Image

To subdue a child is to teach it; to subdue an animal is to tame it. Likewise subduing the Earth is to be done with loving kindness, looking out for its best interest. :ymhug:

Interesting the specific river spoken of is the Missouri as it is notorious for flooding. The topography of this flood plain indeed doesn't allow that it be controlled as has been done with many large rivers.

Failing to control tropical cyclones has caused great suffering and cost trillions of dollars, while many lives were lost. Besides damming rivers, we vigorously fight forest fires; why allow other natural phenomena to rage out of control :-\
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ignored. Second, it is skewed all out of proportion. Third, it stagnates due to complacency, opposing interests, and lack of funding.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1541
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:00 am

Re: There is an Amazing Way to Prevent Some Earthquakes

Postby Spaced_Out » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:09 pm

BeNotDeceived wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:43 am

Failing to control tropical cyclones has caused great suffering and cost trillions of dollars, while many lives were lost. Besides damming rivers, we vigorously fight forest fires; why allow other natural phenomena to rage out of control :-\
You missed the point - it is mans puny arm that cant move nature. Back in 1812 the Mississippi river actually flowed backwards due to a fault stress release an earthquake. Man has not been given power over the spirit of the earth. Man's puny arm cant control these things....

Your proposed science is flawed and it is not doctrinal. Man has only been given dominion over the animals on the earth not the earth itself.

Mississippi River ran backward ???
http://www.showme.net/~fkeller/quake/mi ... ckward.htm
A "thrust fault" uplift dammed the Mississippi for a few hours early on the morning of Feb. 7, 1812 from about Island #10 north past island #9. Ice breaking up on the Ohio River had just allowed several boats to make it to the region the day before. Multiple eyewitness stories came from those moored near Island #9, rudely awakened after 2 a.m., and found their boat going upstream "at the speed of a fast horse" -- "had to hold my hat on" -- while trees continued collapsing into the river. The air smelled of sulfur and was filled with coal dust.
There were temporary river waterfalls where the Mississippi ran backwards during 1811-12 earthquakes. It happened when a thrust fault created a sudden dam several feet high near the bottom of the river loop near New Madrid.
The main section involved was from island 10 northward about 10 miles to island 8. It lasted for a few hours, though the new dams/waterfalls lasted for a few DAYS, and ruined several flatboats. For an authoritative source, see the CERI Enigma paper (link below)
.

User avatar
BeNotDeceived
captain of 100
Posts: 872
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:55 am
Contact:

Re: There is an Amazing Way to Prevent Some Earthquakes

Postby BeNotDeceived » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:25 pm

Spaced_Out wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:09 pm
BeNotDeceived wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:43 am

Failing to control tropical cyclones has caused great suffering and cost trillions of dollars, while many lives were lost. Besides damming rivers, we vigorously fight forest fires; why allow other natural phenomena to rage out of control :-\
You missed the point - it is mans puny arm that cant move nature. Back in 1812 the Mississippi river actually flowed backwards due to a fault stress release an earthquake. Man has not been given power over the spirit of the earth. Man's puny arm cant control these things....

Your proposed science is flawed and it is not doctrinal. Man has only been given dominion over the animals on the earth not the earth itself.

Mississippi River ran backward ???
http://www.showme.net/~fkeller/quake/mi ... ckward.htm
A "thrust fault" uplift dammed the Mississippi for a few hours early on the morning of Feb. 7, 1812 from about Island #10 north past island #9. Ice breaking up on the Ohio River had just allowed several boats to make it to the region the day before. Multiple eyewitness stories came from those moored near Island #9, rudely awakened after 2 a.m., and found their boat going upstream "at the speed of a fast horse" -- "had to hold my hat on" -- while trees continued collapsing into the river. The air smelled of sulfur and was filled with coal dust.
There were temporary river waterfalls where the Mississippi ran backwards during 1811-12 earthquakes. It happened when a thrust fault created a sudden dam several feet high near the bottom of the river loop near New Madrid.
The main section involved was from island 10 northward about 10 miles to island 8. It lasted for a few hours, though the new dams/waterfalls lasted for a few DAYS, and ruined several flatboats. For an authoritative source, see the CERI Enigma paper (link below)
.
We need to recognize when we are to act, versus when we are being acted upon. Solar Flares was us being acted upon.

God saves us "after all we can do" is a special case of the general theory/principle. #-o

I think it was you that mentioned that one of your degrees is in geology, so hopefully you grasp a bit of E=MC^2

The title of the thread is about SOME earthquakes; by now means am I suggesting all of them could be prevented. The Missouri is a special case too, where we cannot dam the river. I think you may have shed some light on the "Yellow Dog" prophecy as described in Prophecy Key to the Future.

My education includes the Physical Sciences and Electrical Engineering; the color coded seismic image looks like an electrical breakdown, which occurred on the western edge, where the water is shallow, thereby concentrating the current at that point. Katia was also in the area; an inundation of water may have been like dropping a hot glass objet into a body of cool water. Maybe you could take a look on Google Earth from the perspective of geology. Perhaps the metallic composition of the soil is pertinent :-\

Genesis 1:28 specifically supports what I learned in seminary, that we have stewardship of the Earth, albeit limited by our fallen condition.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ignored. Second, it is skewed all out of proportion. Third, it stagnates due to complacency, opposing interests, and lack of funding.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1541
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:00 am

Re: There is an Amazing Way to Prevent Some Earthquakes

Postby Spaced_Out » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:38 pm

BeNotDeceived wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:25 pm
We need to recognize when we are to act, versus when we are being acted upon. Solar Flares was us being acted upon.

God saves us "after all we can do" is a special case of the general theory/principle. #-o

I think it was you that mentioned that one of your degrees is in geology, so hopefully you grasp a bit of E=MC^2

The title of the thread is about SOME earthquakes; by now means am I suggesting all of them could be prevented. The Missouri is a special case too, where we cannot dam the river. I think you may have shed some light on the "Yellow Dog" prophecy as described in Prophecy Key to the Future.

My education includes the Physical Sciences and Electrical Engineering; the color coded seismic image looks like an electrical breakdown, which occurred on the western edge, where the water is shallow, thereby concentrating the current at that point. Katia was also in the area; an inundation of water may have been like dropping a hot glass objet into a body of cool water. Maybe you could take a look on Google Earth from the perspective of geology. Perhaps the metallic composition of the soil is pertinent :-\

Genesis 1:28 specifically supports what I learned in seminary, that we have stewardship of the Earth, albeit limited by our fallen condition.
Here some explanations that might perk your interest.

Citizen Science - Model of Solar-Triggered Earthquakes Confirmed
EARTHSPOTS: Storms and Earthquakes [Update]

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1541
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:00 am

Re: There is an Amazing Way to Prevent Some Earthquakes

Postby Spaced_Out » Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:22 am

hoorah, you have some support from the guys in Florida.

Thousands of gun owners in Florida planning to 'shoot down' Hurricane Irma
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world ... 37546.html
Gun owners in Florida have vowed to respond to Hurricane Irma by “shooting at” the storm. Tens of thousands of people have joined an event advertised on Facebook to tackle the hurricane currently bearing down on Florida, in an attempt to “show Irma that we shoot first”.
Image

User avatar
BeNotDeceived
captain of 100
Posts: 872
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:55 am
Contact:

Re: There is an Amazing Way to Prevent Some Earthquakes

Postby BeNotDeceived » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:42 am

Reposting after site crash.

Image

But the Pasco Sheriff has warned shooters that if they fire correctly the bullet will come back and kill them.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/weather/ ... n-facebook

Me thinks the sheriff is off his rocker or a really bad typo has occurred. =))

Storms begin as tropical depressions, so these clowns should throw some Zoloft at it.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ignored. Second, it is skewed all out of proportion. Third, it stagnates due to complacency, opposing interests, and lack of funding.

User avatar
BeNotDeceived
captain of 100
Posts: 872
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:55 am
Contact:

Re: There is an Amazing Way to Prevent Some Earthquakes

Postby BeNotDeceived » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:12 am

SempiternalHarbinger wrote:
Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:48 pm

... electric universe ...

Sept 8.
https://youtu.be/zEB-TbrmgGw

Searching "OKZpRtxSCUY" found http://www.stillnessinthestorm.com/2017 ... fects.html with exposed URL = https://youtu.be/OKZpRtxSCUY, below the video.

Hypothesis: OKZpRtxSCUY is a unique search term (UST) to find like minded people.

This first find was where the UST wasn't between {youtube} tags.

To further evaluate and realize benefit asap, future videos will include said exposed URL.

My 1st impression based on a few articles that I read, is that EU is junk science, with no math to back it up.

I do like the wat Semper used dates in bold, and now I'm using exposed links, and will test the effect via google.

Indeed the color coded siesmic image alone, is a pretty convincing addition to the mounting body of evidence. :mrgreen:
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ignored. Second, it is skewed all out of proportion. Third, it stagnates due to complacency, opposing interests, and lack of funding.

Spaced_Out
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1541
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2015 3:00 am

Re: There is an Amazing Way to Prevent Some Earthquakes

Postby Spaced_Out » Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:33 am

BeNotDeceived wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:44 am
The recent solar flare in conjunction with a magnitude 8 earthquake caused me to consider what could possibly be the connection.

Aha, the quake occured on a narrow land mass between two large bodies of water. :ymparty:

The infamous Carrinton Event ably demonstrated that solar events can induce large electrical currents. So too can the EMP of a Hydogen Bomb exploded at high altitude.

Were a voltage difference to be induced between two bodies of water, then maximum current flow would occur at the point of least resistance, which likely would be at or near the narrowest land mass separating said bodies of water.

A large current flowing at the point of least resistance would cause uneven heating of the rocks. Uneven heating would cause uneven expansion of the rocks to the point of explosion.
How do we stop this one - get the heck out of the way if you are in SoCal... More doooom porn..

Do 40,000 Lightning Strikes Over SoCal Point To A Mega Quake On The Horizon?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-1 ... ke-horizon
Image

User avatar
BeNotDeceived
captain of 100
Posts: 872
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:55 am
Contact:

OTEC pumping sea water across this land bridge would of provided an alternate path.

Postby BeNotDeceived » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:14 am

Spaced_Out wrote:
Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:33 am
BeNotDeceived wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:44 am
The recent solar flare in conjunction with a magnitude 8 earthquake caused me to consider what could possibly be the connection.

Aha, the quake occured on a narrow land mass between two large bodies of water. :ymparty:

The infamous Carrinton Event ably demonstrated that solar events can induce large electrical currents. So too can the EMP of a Hydogen Bomb exploded at high altitude.

Were a voltage difference to be induced between two bodies of water, then maximum current flow would occur at the point of least resistance, which likely would be at or near the narrowest land mass separating said bodies of water.

A large current flowing at the point of least resistance would cause uneven heating of the rocks. Uneven heating would cause uneven expansion of the rocks to the point of explosion.
How do we stop this one - get the heck out of the way if you are in SoCal... More doooom porn..

Do 40,000 Lightning Strikes Over SoCal Point To A Mega Quake On The Horizon?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-1 ... ke-horizon
Image
The intense lightning does demonstrate the tremendous incoming energy. X-rays run between 25 kev for soft tissue, and 120-140 kev, to see bones. K is for Kilo = 1000, whereas G for gev associated with Gamma rays, means billions, so pack a millions times as much power per incoming electron.

Large quantities of fast moving electrons induce high voltages and large currents; when these pass though rocks, the effect is much the same as when lightning strikes. The narrow land bridge shorted out where the water was shallow, and the land was narrow. Kinda like trying to push a tidal wave through a funnel, if failed where the passage is narrow, because that is the point of greatest pressure. The heated rocks may expand until they explode, or Katia could of caused thermal shock.

OTEC pumping sea water across this land bridge would of provided an alternate path, thereby preventing the earthquake. The seawater may warm a few miles from the coast, but this would be one reason to pump from one coast to the next. Really it would depend a lot on the size and layout of the pipes, but the cold pipes would sweat fresh water for irrigation or air-con like what was done in Bora Bora, at 90% savings of the energy cost.

There are many arid coasts, near deep-water, that would blossom like the rose. Likely 100 times as many people died in this quake than both hurricanes combined, but nary a peep from MSM. The third world was left to suffer while we were duped into sucking off the OPEC teat, and now we're fracking our way through another decade, when OTEC represents something to power the world, indefinitely, with numerous side-benefits, while honoring our obligation to subdue the Earth, as commanded in Genesis 1:28.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ignored. Second, it is skewed all out of proportion. Third, it stagnates due to complacency, opposing interests, and lack of funding.

User avatar
BeNotDeceived
captain of 100
Posts: 872
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2011 4:55 am
Contact:

Re: There is an Amazing Way to Prevent Some Earthquakes

Postby BeNotDeceived » Sat Nov 04, 2017 7:54 pm

BeNotDeceived wrote:
Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:11 am

Code: Select all

[img]https://earthquake.usgs.gov/realtime/product/shakemap/us2000ahv0/us/1504862174868/download/intensity.jpg [
The image disappeared :?:

Image

There it is, backed up on tinypic. :geek:
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ignored. Second, it is skewed all out of proportion. Third, it stagnates due to complacency, opposing interests, and lack of funding.


Return to “Off Topic / Miscellaneous Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests