on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
sushi_chef
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:53 pm
Location: tokyo, jpn

on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby sushi_chef » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:42 pm

its said joseph received the plates on september 22 1827 saturday....

Image
The constellation Virgo on September 24, 1827 - - - moon was closer to jupiter on 22.

Image
2017
(http://watchfortheday.org/defense.html)
:-B

Sponsored Links

Advertisements

Medical Cost Sharing - It's not insurance it's better!

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2883
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby Seek the Truth » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:46 pm

I've got a pay pal account, anybody want to lay some odds?
The ancient prophets declared in the last days the God of Heaven should set up a kingdom which should never be destroyed, nor left to other people.

Joseph Smith HC, v6 pg 364-365

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:53 pm
Location: tokyo, jpn

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby sushi_chef » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:00 pm

please dont be so nagativistic, man, perhaps, a positive thinking, positive thinking, positive thinking is a way to go, man.
:-B

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2883
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby Seek the Truth » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:31 pm

I don't think disputing false predictions is negative.
The ancient prophets declared in the last days the God of Heaven should set up a kingdom which should never be destroyed, nor left to other people.

Joseph Smith HC, v6 pg 364-365

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:53 pm
Location: tokyo, jpn

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby sushi_chef » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:09 pm

probably op might have been non-unenthusiasitical wishful thought. :-B

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2883
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby Seek the Truth » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:22 pm

I suppose, but how many have to fail before it's a problem.
The ancient prophets declared in the last days the God of Heaven should set up a kingdom which should never be destroyed, nor left to other people.

Joseph Smith HC, v6 pg 364-365

sushi_chef
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1483
Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:53 pm
Location: tokyo, jpn

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby sushi_chef » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:48 pm

possibly counting?!....like an angelic mission, recording ones words and deeds. :-B

User avatar
Yahtzee
captain of 100
Posts: 296
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:36 pm

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby Yahtzee » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:00 am

I would have made a terrible wise man. I don't understand how anything in astronomy relates to prophecy.
Anyone want to make an "astronomical signs for dummies" thread?
Disney is the opiate of the masses.

User avatar
alaris
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1340
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:54 pm
Location: Present before the general assembly

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby alaris » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:10 am

Yahtzee wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:00 am
I would have made a terrible wise man. I don't understand how anything in astronomy relates to prophecy.
Anyone want to make an "astronomical signs for dummies" thread?
Well now we know we they were called wise men! :D :ymparty:

Edit: John Pratt posts a lot on astronomy - I'm not sure he gets it all right but it sure is interesting! His articles certainly aren't for "dummies" however =\

http://www.johnpratt.com/

User avatar
SmallFarm
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3982
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:14 pm
Location: Holbrook, Az
Contact:

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby SmallFarm » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:53 am

sushi_chef wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:09 pm
probably op might have been non-unenthusiasitical wishful thought. :-B
"non-unenthusiasitical" that's my new favorite neologism. Thanks sushi! :ymhug:
Don't let the naysayers get you down sushi! Love your posts. :)
~

User avatar
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 16254
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:04 pm
Location: Utah County

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby Col. Flagg » Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:37 pm

Not.
"Truth is in history, but history is not the truth." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

User avatar
SmallFarm
captain of 1,000
Posts: 3982
Joined: Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:14 pm
Location: Holbrook, Az
Contact:

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby SmallFarm » Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:04 pm

Col. Flagg wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:37 pm
Not.
Thanks for contributing to this conversation Col. deep stuff there :))
~

User avatar
alaris
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1340
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:54 pm
Location: Present before the general assembly

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby alaris » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:31 pm

Is the Texas flooding, one of the worst natural disasters of our times that occurred between the eclipse on 8/21 and 9/23 a coincidence? The gulf coast is where the city of Enoch and New Jerusalem will meet (Moses 7:63.) Could this be a foreshadowing of judgements to clear the way for ZION?

User avatar
Z2100
captain of 100
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:58 am

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby Z2100 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:42 pm

alaris wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:31 pm
Is the Texas flooding, one of the worst natural disasters of our times that occurred between the eclipse on 8/21 and 9/23 a coincidence? The gulf coast is where the city of Enoch and New Jerusalem will meet (Moses 7:63.) Could this be a foreshadowing of judgements to clear the way for ZION?
Pretty interesting! I hope they do reveal new revelation!
We live in the 6920th year since the Fall of Man.

User avatar
Z2100
captain of 100
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:58 am

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby Z2100 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:43 pm

sushi_chef wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:42 pm
its said joseph received the plates on september 22 1827 saturday....

Image
The constellation Virgo on September 24, 1827 - - - moon was closer to jupiter on 22.

Image
2017
(http://watchfortheday.org/defense.html)
:-B
If church hq were to reveal new revelation, it will most likely be about religious freedom. We aren't that far away from another proclomation. :)
We live in the 6920th year since the Fall of Man.

User avatar
Z2100
captain of 100
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:58 am

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby Z2100 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:46 pm

alaris wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:10 am
Yahtzee wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:00 am
I would have made a terrible wise man. I don't understand how anything in astronomy relates to prophecy.
Anyone want to make an "astronomical signs for dummies" thread?
Well now we know we they were called wise men! :D :ymparty:

Edit: John Pratt posts a lot on astronomy - I'm not sure he gets it all right but it sure is interesting! His articles certainly aren't for "dummies" however =\

http://www.johnpratt.com/

I really liked the John Pratt link where he shows that this sign has happened two times (the third one this year) and how it has three meanings. possibly four if you count Israel. ;)
We live in the 6920th year since the Fall of Man.

User avatar
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated
Posts: 16254
Joined: Mon Oct 09, 2006 10:04 pm
Location: Utah County

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby Col. Flagg » Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:33 pm

SmallFarm wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 1:04 pm
Col. Flagg wrote:
Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:37 pm
Not.
Thanks for contributing to this conversation Col. deep stuff there :))
I've always been a deep thinker. ;)
"Truth is in history, but history is not the truth." - Nicolás Gómez Dávila

User avatar
alaris
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1340
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:54 pm
Location: Present before the general assembly

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby alaris » Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:15 pm

8/21 is the first of two eclipses seven years apart that cross in the heart of the New Jerusalem. Seven days after the eclipse the blue districts near the border of where New Jerusalem will meet The City of Enoch. I'm going with not " not."

User avatar
Matchmaker
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2064
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:58 pm

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby Matchmaker » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:00 pm

We've been told that President Monson is not well and is not able to attend meetings. It's just my opinion, but I don't think we will be receiving any new revelations from him in the near future, and I don't think anyone else has the authority to bring any new revelation forth for the Church as a whole, do they?

User avatar
Z2100
captain of 100
Posts: 559
Joined: Thu Mar 30, 2017 7:58 am

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby Z2100 » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:24 pm

Matchmaker wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:00 pm
We've been told that President Monson is not well and is not able to attend meetings. It's just my opinion, but I don't think we will be receiving any new revelations from him in the near future, and I don't think anyone else has the authority to bring any new revelation forth for the Church as a whole, do they?
That would be weird if he died on 23/9
We live in the 6920th year since the Fall of Man.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2883
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby Seek the Truth » Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:28 pm

Matchmaker wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:00 pm
We've been told that President Monson is not well and is not able to attend meetings. It's just my opinion, but I don't think we will be receiving any new revelations from him in the near future, and I don't think anyone else has the authority to bring any new revelation forth for the Church as a whole, do they?
It's complicated. Anyone living on earth can receive revelation from God for all mankind as long as the 15 approve it can become scripture.

IE New Testament writers weren't Church Presidents except Peter.
The ancient prophets declared in the last days the God of Heaven should set up a kingdom which should never be destroyed, nor left to other people.

Joseph Smith HC, v6 pg 364-365

User avatar
alaris
captain of 1,000
Posts: 1340
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:54 pm
Location: Present before the general assembly

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby alaris » Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:24 am

What if the kingdom of God fulfills the Church like the Law of Moses wast fulfilled in Christ? How would you know?

User avatar
Matchmaker
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2064
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:58 pm

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby Matchmaker » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:18 am

Z2100 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:24 pm
Matchmaker wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:00 pm
We've been told that President Monson is not well and is not able to attend meetings. It's just my opinion, but I don't think we will be receiving any new revelations from him in the near future, and I don't think anyone else has the authority to bring any new revelation forth for the Church as a whole, do they?
That would be weird if he died on 23/9
I guess that would not be a coincidence then. Let's pray that he regains his health and strength.

User avatar
Matchmaker
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2064
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:58 pm

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby Matchmaker » Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:20 am

Seek the Truth wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:28 pm
Matchmaker wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:00 pm
We've been told that President Monson is not well and is not able to attend meetings. It's just my opinion, but I don't think we will be receiving any new revelations from him in the near future, and I don't think anyone else has the authority to bring any new revelation forth for the Church as a whole, do they?
It's complicated. Anyone living on earth can receive revelation from God for all mankind as long as the 15 approve it can become scripture.

IE New Testament writers weren't Church Presidents except Peter.
Does that apply to our modern Church today also?

User avatar
cyclOps
captain of 100
Posts: 496
Joined: Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:57 am

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby cyclOps » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:00 pm

Z2100 wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:24 pm
Matchmaker wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:00 pm
We've been told that President Monson is not well and is not able to attend meetings. It's just my opinion, but I don't think we will be receiving any new revelations from him in the near future, and I don't think anyone else has the authority to bring any new revelation forth for the Church as a whole, do they?
That would be weird if he died on 23/9
I've had the thought cross my mind a time or two. Wouldn't know what it signified, however.

Seek the Truth
captain of 1,000
Posts: 2883
Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:43 pm

Re: on september 23 lds hq might announce new bom revelation

Postby Seek the Truth » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:19 am

Matchmaker wrote:
Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:20 am
Seek the Truth wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:28 pm
Matchmaker wrote:
Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:00 pm
We've been told that President Monson is not well and is not able to attend meetings. It's just my opinion, but I don't think we will be receiving any new revelations from him in the near future, and I don't think anyone else has the authority to bring any new revelation forth for the Church as a whole, do they?
It's complicated. Anyone living on earth can receive revelation from God for all mankind as long as the 15 approve it can become scripture.

IE New Testament writers weren't Church Presidents except Peter.
Does that apply to our modern Church today also?
I suppose but these days we have so many Presidents that apostles aren't as needed for revelation. In the OT the writings were almost all Presidents while the NT mostly apostles.

In the abstract the 15 have the technical authority to bring anything into the canon.
The ancient prophets declared in the last days the God of Heaven should set up a kingdom which should never be destroyed, nor left to other people.

Joseph Smith HC, v6 pg 364-365


Return to “Off Topic / Miscellaneous Discussion”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 14 guests