How did Adam & Eve live so long?

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Re: How did Adam & Eve live so long?

Post by brlenox »

I apologize for the length of the forgoing material but I just didn't have time to edit it to make it cohesive. There is a bunch more but the remaining portions deal with the speculation that if Adam's body was created using raw materials of a perfected eternal state and those raw materials were derived from an earth pre-fall then the sheer quality of the matter would provide different properties.

As the earth falls in space it continues to degrade in the quality of the matter it is formed of as it becomes more corrupt as the fall moves towards it's final corrupted mortality state from which it is ultimately redeemed:
(Alma 41:2-6.)

2 I say unto thee, my son, that the plan of restoration is requisite with the justice of God; for it is requisite that all things should be restored to their proper order. Behold, it is requisite and just, according to the power and resurrection of Christ, that the soul of man should be restored to its body, and that every apart of the body should be restored to itself.

3 And it is requisite with the justice of God that men should be judged according to their works; and if their works were good in this life, and the desires of their hearts were good, that they should also, at the last day, be restored unto that which is good.

4 And if their works are evil they shall be restored unto them for evil. Therefore, all things shall be restored to their proper order, every thing to its natural frame—mortality raised to immortality, corruption to incorruption—raised to endless happiness to inherit the kingdom of God, or to endless misery to inherit the kingdom of the devil, the one on one hand, the other on the other—
It is possible that, as the above diagram illustrates, as the matter becomes more corrupted it is different from matter that Adam's body was comprised of. Thus we see the declining ages as a natural result of the process of a fall from states of perfected matter to states of increasingly corrupted matter until we get to where we are now with life spans around 80 years or so.

Michelle
captain of 1,000

Post by Michelle »

Silver wrote: May 15th, 2017, 10:37 pm
buffalo_girl wrote: March 22nd, 2011, 8:24 am What did they do with all those sheep & goats?
Cain, the first murderer, probably had little reason to avoid the eating of meat after slaying his brother. Once you've killed a human, there might be few internal barriers to killing a deer or a bird for food.
I think you may be right Silver. Genesis 4:11-12

"11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother’s blood from thy hand;

12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth."

Since Cain was a tiller of the earth and the earth would no longer yield her strenth to him, he may have had to resort to eating animals to survive.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

Life expectancy went way down after the flood, prolly due to a change in the plant life. The animals were aboard the ark, but the plants suffered. Niagen is a concentration of B3 found as in trace amounts in milk and TA65 is a concentration of plants in China where it takes tons of roots to produce a few milligrams, making it very expensive. These are just a couple of the nutrients recently discovered. Image

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

No, little, or lesser:
cunning plans of wicked men bent on gain at the expense of pain, suffering, and death;
generational traumas being passed down;
earth dying from "natural" causes;
earth dying from wicked and greedy men bent on gain;
electromagentic situations.

If wicked men were bacteria/ viruses, and the earth were a body...?

brlenox
A sheep in wolf in sheep's clothing

Post by brlenox »

JohnnyL wrote: June 17th, 2017, 2:47 pm No, little, or lesser:
cunning plans of wicked men bent on gain at the expense of pain, suffering, and death;
generational traumas being passed down;
earth dying from "natural" causes;
earth dying from wicked and greedy men bent on gain;
electromagentic situations.

If wicked men were bacteria/ viruses, and the earth were a body...?
What an interesting perspective.

freedomforall
Gnolaum ∞

Post by freedomforall »

Adam was given enough time to accomplish this:

Moses
19 And out of the ground I, the Lord God, formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and commanded that they should come unto Adam, to see what he would call them; and they were also living souls; for I, God, breathed into them the breath of life, and commanded that whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that should be the name thereof.

And so the beasts can come back just like we can, to be renewed.

D&C 29:24 (24–25)
24 For all old things shall pass away, and all things shall become new, even the heaven and the earth, and all the fulness thereof, both men and beasts, the fowls of the air, and the fishes of the sea;

Oh, just what is the "breath of life, or Spirit of life?" Is it literal breath of God? Is it when a spirit enters a body? Is it when a heart begins to pump? Anybody ever wondered?

breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, Gen. 2:7 (Moses 3:4–7, 19; Abr. 5:7).

in whose nostrils was the breath of life, Gen. 7:22.

In whose hand is … the breath of all mankind, Job 12:10.

the breath of the Almighty hath given me life, Job 33:4.

thou takest away their breath, they die, Ps. 104:29.

His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth, Ps. 146:4.

he that giveth breath unto the people, Isa. 42:5.

I will cause breath to enter into you, Ezek. 37:5.

breath came into them, and they lived, Ezek. 37:10.

formeth the spirit of man within him, Zech. 12:1.

giveth to all life, and breath, Acts 17:25.

Spirit of life from God entered into them, Rev. 11:11.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

(Phys.org)—A team of researchers with affiliations to several universities in the U.S. has found evidence that suggests that cosmic rays striking balls of ice floating around in interstellar clouds can cause the formation of more complex molecules, possibly including those that are believed to be precursors to life. ... https://phys.org/news/2016-07-cosmic-ra ... ellar.html

I was totally amazed by Niagen when I started taking it a couple of years ago; while still helpful the first year was incredible.

Now there's Basis from Elysium and I just ordered a bottle to check out what adding Pterostilbene does. :-\

It has only 2 ingredients.
Nicotinamide Riboside 250mg
Pterostilbene 50mg ... https://www.reddit.com/r/Nootropics/com ... bel_prize/

Many of these building blocks of life may have been prevalent it plant life before the flood. Image

Irrelevant
captain of 100

Post by Irrelevant »

Michelle wrote: May 15th, 2017, 7:02 pm If you are really curious and have the Spirit as directed in Doctrine and Covenants 91, I might suggest the apocryphal Books of Adam including The Combat if Adam and Eve with Satan.

But then I'd also recommend you read Nibley's 13 part series "A Strange Thing in the Land the Return of the Book of Enoch" from the Ensign for history and correlation first.

And then I can't help but suggest reading The Book of Enoch as well. 😉
Oh my goodness! I loved reading that series!

LukeAir2008
captain of 1,000

Post by LukeAir2008 »

Brian M used to have a talk available on his other website "latterdayconservative.com' which was a conversation with W Cleon Skousen at his home about a year before he died.

Cleon was totally relaxed and candidly discussed a whole range of subjects, doctrines, some previously unknown areas like what he thought about Bruce R McConkie etc. It was one of the best talks ever.

When the subject of Adam came up, Cleon said that Adam never died, at the end of his earthly mission, which was probably just under a 1000 years, he just sloughed off the earthly matter and returned to glory.