When patients have no idea I'm Momon

This is the place where you can discuss things completely Off Topic.
LdsMarco
captain of 100

When patients have no idea I'm Momon

Post by LdsMarco »

A conversation at work

Patient: Did you hear about the 13 children story?

Me: I did. I hope they get the worse penalty they can get without death.

Patient: Do you think they were in some kind of cult?

Me: I wouldn't doubt it.

Patient: Some weird christian cult? Or do you think they were Mormon? I mean, they had a lot of kids...

Me: Uuum, no. I really doubt they were Mormon.

Just another day being a Mormon :roll:

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Re: When patients have no idea I'm Momon

Post by gardener4life »

I think its funny though when you are outside of Utah and they think we're like Amish people XD

drtanner
captain of 1,000

Post by drtanner »

These are my favorite, great segways into learning the truth.

gardener4life
captain of 1,000

Post by gardener4life »

After you guys posted I had another thought. This is proof of the gulf between the wicked and righteous widening and that a separation between the Righteous and wicked is coming. As the righteous get more repentant the wicked worry about being left behind and also worry about their problems being more visible. They start to hate more those that do good because they are exposed. (Some of these people are following the crowd and will pull out of it later, but it shows that its happening under the surface. I'm not saying everyone is bad. They might be just still a bit blind. A lot of good Gentiles are still blind but won't always be blind (also in the scriptures).)

(Sorry I didn't clean this up because I was in a hurry. I just cut and pasted.)

2 Ne. 10: 16.
16 Wherefore, he that afighteth against bZion, both Jew and Gentile, both bond and free, both male and female, cshall perish; for dthey are they who are the ewhore of all the earth; for fthey who are gnot for me are hagainst me, saith our God.

Rev. 17: 6 (3-6)
6 And I saw the woman drunken with the ablood of the saints, and with the blood of the bmartyrs of Jesus: and when I saw her, I wondered with great cadmiration.

Rev. 18: 24.
24 And in her was found the ablood of prophets, and of saints, and of all that were slain upon the earth.

1 Ne. 14: 13.
13 And it came to pass that I beheld that the great mother of abominations did gather together multitudes upon the face of all the earth, among all the nations of the Gentiles, to afight against the Lamb of God.

Jer. 28: 14 (10-14)
14 For thus saith the Lord of hosts, the God of Israel; I have put a ayoke of iron upon the neck of all these nations, that they may serve bNebuchadnezzar king of Babylon; and they shall serve him: and I have given him the cbeasts of the field also.

Also Nephi's brothers try to slay him. He eventually has to separate from them with those willing to leave. Alma takes the people from the waters of Mormon away from King Noah. Esau is stirred up in anger against Jacob. The people of Missouri are stirred up against the early saints.

All because the whore of the earth Babylon, and church of Babylon seeks to slay the saints of God and followers of the Lamb.

(Not saying that person was bad. But it's a temperature reading of what's going on in 'acceptable' society.

Crackers
captain of 100

Post by Crackers »

Have you ever had a conversation with someone you've just met and you can tell they are trying to figure out on the sly if you're LDS? I have had this happen a couple of times, and I must say, I didn't take the high road. I preferred toying with them. Throw out something that makes me sound LDS and then something that makes me sound non-LDS (all while being honest, of course). Keep mixing it up until they either give up or decide to judge me based on who I am rather than what group I belong to.

Tbone
captain of 100

Post by Tbone »

This reminds me of attending Boy Scout Camp in St. Joseph, Missouri about 25 years ago. This kid in my group from Hamilton, Missouri, which isn't too terribly far from Haun's Mill, for some reason started going off on Mormons and how horrible we are. Our counselor wasn't nearby so he didn't hold anything back. He really wanted to kill all the Mormons and stuff them in the wells like was done before. I started talking to him about what he was saying, and I told him I know thousands of Mormons and that I think they are great people. He looked shocked and asked me how I know so many Mormons, and I told him, "I know them from church." All the other boys in our group gasped and he went pale white.

Later he apologized to me and said, "I'm so sorry about what I said. I didn't know you were Mormon. You just look so straight."

He seemed the type that probably wouldn't make it far in life, if you know what I mean, so I accepted his apology as the best I was probably going to get out of him. I actually felt pretty sorry for him.

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

Post by BeNotDeceived »

gardener4life wrote: January 19th, 2018, 10:59 am I think its funny though when you are outside of Utah and they think we're like Amish people XD
Or SDA :lol:

David13
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by David13 »

Tbone wrote: January 19th, 2018, 3:52 pm This reminds me of attending Boy Scout Camp in St. Joseph, Missouri about 25 years ago. This kid in my group from Hamilton, Missouri, which isn't too terribly far from Haun's Mill, for some reason started going off on Mormons and how horrible we are. Our counselor wasn't nearby so he didn't hold anything back. He really wanted to kill all the Mormons and stuff them in the wells like was done before. I started talking to him about what he was saying, and I told him I know thousands of Mormons and that I think they are great people. He looked shocked and asked me how I know so many Mormons, and I told him, "I know them from church." All the other boys in our group gasped and he went pale white.

Later he apologized to me and said, "I'm so sorry about what I said. I didn't know you were Mormon. You just look so straight."

He seemed the type that probably wouldn't make it far in life, if you know what I mean, so I accepted his apology as the best I was probably going to get out of him. I actually felt pretty sorry for him.
Well, you never know. He did apologize and all. That shows some sense of nobility or something.
dc

Tbone
captain of 100

Post by Tbone »

David13 wrote: January 20th, 2018, 2:31 pm Well, you never know. He did apologize and all. That shows some sense of nobility or something.
dc
His town has pretty much been taken over by Mormons since then, so I hope he has a better view of us by now!

https://www.npr.org/2015/05/21/40845275 ... yes-quilts

I definitely recommend this episode on Turning Point that talks about the Doan's:

https://www.byutv.org/player/bf7e0de7-6 ... ng-company

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

Crackers wrote: January 19th, 2018, 2:17 pm Have you ever had a conversation with someone you've just met and you can tell they are trying to figure out on the sly if you're LDS? I have had this happen a couple of times, and I must say, I didn't take the high road. I preferred toying with them. Throw out something that makes me sound LDS and then something that makes me sound non-LDS (all while being honest, of course). Keep mixing it up until they either give up or decide to judge me based on who I am rather than what group I belong to.
I made the mistake of letting a long lost aunt I'd just gotten back in contact with know I was LDS. She was thrilled to hear from me, and I was catching up with her on what was going on in my life since I last saw her in 1990. In the second or third letter, I told her about becoming mormon. I haven't heard from her since. It almost hurts a little.

tdj
captain of 1,000

Post by tdj »

Tbone wrote: January 19th, 2018, 3:52 pm This reminds me of attending Boy Scout Camp in St. Joseph, Missouri about 25 years ago. This kid in my group from Hamilton, Missouri, which isn't too terribly far from Haun's Mill, for some reason started going off on Mormons and how horrible we are. Our counselor wasn't nearby so he didn't hold anything back. He really wanted to kill all the Mormons and stuff them in the wells like was done before. I started talking to him about what he was saying, and I told him I know thousands of Mormons and that I think they are great people. He looked shocked and asked me how I know so many Mormons, and I told him, "I know them from church." All the other boys in our group gasped and he went pale white.

The early Mormons, from what I understand, were a somewhat violent group, so the backlash against them wasn't really totally undeserved. However the church members have changed a great deal since then. In some ways, I think the men have gone too far in the opposite direction of being too nonviolent and complacent. But that's just me.