Joseph Smith Fought Polygamy PDFs

Download section is for documents, files, audio/video related to LDS, Freedom, proper role of government, constitution, etc.
andreas.nilsson
captain of 10

Joseph Smith Fought Polygamy PDFs

Post by andreas.nilsson »

Taken from this link. Made PDF.

http://restorationbookstore.org/jsfp-index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joseph Smith Fought Polygamy Volume 1
http://www.filedropper.com/josephsmithf ... ygamy-vol1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joseph Smith Fought Polygamy Volume 2
http://www.filedropper.com/josephsmithf ... ygamy-vol2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joseph Smith Fought Polygamy Vision Articles
http://www.filedropper.com/josephsmithf ... onarticles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jwharton
captain of 1,000

Re: Joseph Smith Fought Polygamy PDFs

Post by jwharton »

dzstudios wrote:Taken from this link. Made PDF.

http://restorationbookstore.org/jsfp-index.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joseph Smith Fought Polygamy Volume 1
http://www.filedropper.com/josephsmithf ... ygamy-vol1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joseph Smith Fought Polygamy Volume 2
http://www.filedropper.com/josephsmithf ... ygamy-vol2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Joseph Smith Fought Polygamy Vision Articles
http://www.filedropper.com/josephsmithf ... onarticles" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Please provide links that do not require me to sign-up to anything.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ
Location: Staring at my computer, not sure whether to laugh or cry.

Post by A Random Phrase »

It doesn't work. I put in the captcha and it just goes back to the same page after I hit enter.

Curious Workman
captain of 100

Post by Curious Workman »

Worked fine for me. Downloaded all three files after entering captcha, no requirement to sign up for anything. Gracias!

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Maybe he fixed it - or the site was temporarily messed up. I'll try again.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

Since it worked for you, but didn't work for me ... again, I looked at my cookies setting. I changed it to accept cookies "always" and it worked. After I'm done, I'll change the setting back.

A Random Phrase
Follower of Christ

bump

On The Fringe
captain of 50

Post by On The Fringe »

Anyone happen to still have these PDF's?

EDIT: Links don't work no longer.

shadow
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by shadow »

Joseph Smith fought polygamy when it wasn't approved, but lived it himself. Oh, and via revelation published in the D&C he called his known polygamist brother, Hyrum, as co-president of the church. But like section 132, the deniers will reject this fancy little fact.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

shadow wrote: February 22nd, 2018, 2:35 pm Joseph Smith fought polygamy when it wasn't approved, but lived it himself. Oh, and via revelation published in the D&C he called his known polygamist brother, Hyrum, as co-president of the church. But like section 132, the deniers will reject this fancy little fact.
That's one of the problems, they gloss over. There is no explanation for why Hyrum Smith, Joseph's loyal brother would have been involved with polygamy. One can understand William Smith, he was a bit of a rogue, but Hyrum was a straight arrow and totally loyal to Joseph, yet he married Mercy Thompson and Catherine Phillips, plurally before his death in 1844. One would think that if Joseph was fighting polygamy, Hyrum would not have embraced it.

It's also a mystery why, if Joseph Smith was 'fighting polygamy'....why the Nauvoo Expositor expose accused him of practicing it? How did William and Jane Law manage to make such a huge mistake, thinking Joseph was the one behind it and encouraging it? How could they have misunderstood that when Joseph told them about plural marriage, he was actually warning them, not trying to get them to accept it? How could such a galling mistake, as thinking he was encouraging the practice when he was actually fighting it--end up with contributing to his death?

On The Fringe
captain of 50

Post by On The Fringe »

AI2.0 wrote: February 22nd, 2018, 8:40 pm
shadow wrote: February 22nd, 2018, 2:35 pm Joseph Smith fought polygamy when it wasn't approved, but lived it himself. Oh, and via revelation published in the D&C he called his known polygamist brother, Hyrum, as co-president of the church. But like section 132, the deniers will reject this fancy little fact.
That's one of the problems, they gloss over. There is no explanation for why Hyrum Smith, Joseph's loyal brother would have been involved with polygamy. One can understand William Smith, he was a bit of a rogue, but Hyrum was a straight arrow and totally loyal to Joseph, yet he married Mercy Thompson and Catherine Phillips, plurally before his death in 1844. One would think that if Joseph was fighting polygamy, Hyrum would not have embraced it.

It's also a mystery why, if Joseph Smith was 'fighting polygamy'....why the Nauvoo Expositor expose accused him of practicing it? How did William and Jane Law manage to make such a huge mistake, thinking Joseph was the one behind it and encouraging it? How could they have misunderstood that when Joseph told them about plural marriage, he was actually warning them, not trying to get them to accept it? How could such a galling mistake, as thinking he was encouraging the practice when he was actually fighting it--end up with contributing to his death?
There's plenty of other threads that debate the subject of polygamy, I was simply wondering if anyone had the PDF's.

My personal thoughts on your comments however are that God commanded Joseph Smith to enter polygamy in secret to lead the Church astray. In my mind there is no denying the fact he did have many wives as there is a plethora of evidence that confirms the fact (however, if you try to imply that he had sex with each and every one of them there is extremely scant evidence).

I'm just interested in the PDF's. They are so much easier to use than a website!

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Every public statement Joseph Smith made about polygamy was denying he ever had anything to do with it and was in defense of monogamy and said he could prove all of his accusers as perjurers in a court of law. So either Joseph was a liar or he was a serial adulterer... for me, I think I'll go with believing what he said. Why? Because I know the Lord did not select a man who was a liar or an adulterer to restore the Savior's gospel and teachings. We are going to find out on the other side of the veil some day just how much hell Joseph went through fighting polygamy and all of the accusations and persecution that followed because of it. And for anyone who thinks Emma Smith was a fallen woman... I pity you... she was as honorable as a lady as there ever was and can't wait to shake her hand some day (and Joseph's) and give them a hug for what they went through defending themselves from false accusations and undue persecution for standing for what was right and the sanctity of marriage between two people who love each other! They were basically victims due to a lot of sexual experimentation that was going on at the time that carnal men saw as desirable. :(

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Col. Flagg wrote: February 27th, 2018, 1:52 pm Every public statement Joseph Smith made about polygamy was denying he ever had anything to do with it and was in defense of monogamy and said he could prove all of his accusers as perjurers in a court of law. So either Joseph was a liar or he was a serial adulterer... for me, I think I'll go with believing what he said. Why? Because I know the Lord did not select a man who was a liar or an adulterer to restore the Savior's gospel and teachings. We are going to find out on the other side of the veil some day just how much hell Joseph went through fighting polygamy and all of the accusations and persecution that followed because of it. And for anyone who thinks Emma Smith was a fallen woman... I pity you... she was as honorable as a lady as there ever was and can't wait to shake her hand some day (and Joseph's) and give them a hug for what they went through defending themselves from false accusations and undue persecution for standing for what was right and the sanctity of marriage between two people who love each other! They were basically victims due to a lot of sexual experimentation that was going on at the time that carnal men saw as desirable. :(
Why did the leadership of the church in those days practice polygamy? Because it was a commandment of God and Joseph Smith led the way.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Arenera wrote: February 27th, 2018, 2:38 pm
Col. Flagg wrote: February 27th, 2018, 1:52 pm Every public statement Joseph Smith made about polygamy was denying he ever had anything to do with it and was in defense of monogamy and said he could prove all of his accusers as perjurers in a court of law. So either Joseph was a liar or he was a serial adulterer... for me, I think I'll go with believing what he said. Why? Because I know the Lord did not select a man who was a liar or an adulterer to restore the Savior's gospel and teachings. We are going to find out on the other side of the veil some day just how much hell Joseph went through fighting polygamy and all of the accusations and persecution that followed because of it. And for anyone who thinks Emma Smith was a fallen woman... I pity you... she was as honorable as a lady as there ever was and can't wait to shake her hand some day (and Joseph's) and give them a hug for what they went through defending themselves from false accusations and undue persecution for standing for what was right and the sanctity of marriage between two people who love each other! They were basically victims due to a lot of sexual experimentation that was going on at the time that carnal men saw as desirable. :(
Why did the leadership of the church in those days practice polygamy? Because it was a commandment of God and Joseph Smith led the way.

investigator
captain of 100

Post by investigator »

Those who believe that Joseph Smith was a liar and an adulterer, have not taken the time to learn what he taught about plural marriage. They have not taken the time to understand what he was trying to do. To believe what is taught by the LDS church about Joseph and plural marriage, you have to believe that he taught one thing and that he acted contrary to what he taught. You have to believe that it is OK for the Prophet to lie and to commit adultery. The Lord knew that people would misapprehend what Joseph was doing and teaching and he described those people in D&C section 122.
1 The ends of the earth shall inquire after thy name, and fools shall have thee in derision, and hell shall rage against thee;

2 While the pure in heart, and the wise, and the noble, and the virtuous, shall seek counsel, and authority, and blessings constantly from under thy hand.

3 And thy people shall never be turned against thee by the testimony of traitors.
We do not use the word derision much in our modern vernacular. Here is the simple definition of derision "contemptuous ridicule or mockery". To call Joseph a liar and an adulterer is contemptuous ridicule or mockery. The Lord calls those who do so fools. I would much rather seek counsel, authority and blessings from under Joseph's hand.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

investigator wrote: February 28th, 2018, 9:05 am
Those who believe that Joseph Smith was a liar and an adulterer, have not taken the time to learn what he taught about plural marriage. They have not taken the time to understand what he was trying to do. To believe what is taught by the LDS church about Joseph and plural marriage, you have to believe that he taught one thing and that he acted contrary to what he taught. You have to believe that it is OK for the Prophet to lie and to commit adultery. The Lord knew that people would misapprehend what Joseph was doing and teaching and he described those people in D&C section 122.
1 The ends of the earth shall inquire after thy name, and fools shall have thee in derision, and hell shall rage against thee;

2 While the pure in heart, and the wise, and the noble, and the virtuous, shall seek counsel, and authority, and blessings constantly from under thy hand.

3 And thy people shall never be turned against thee by the testimony of traitors.
We do not use the word derision much in our modern vernacular. Here is the simple definition of derision "contemptuous ridicule or mockery". To call Joseph a liar and an adulterer is contemptuous ridicule or mockery. The Lord calls those who do so fools. I would much rather seek counsel, authority and blessings from under Joseph's hand.
You just want an excuse to not be part of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. You just want an excuse to blame Brigham Young, John Taylor and the other apostles, including today's apostles.

There is no way the early apostles could practice polygamy without Joseph's approval, actually God's approval. Polygamy was practiced by Abraham and Jacob. How do you discount that?

The President and Prophet today is Russell M. Nelson. You should listen to him. And yes, he has been sealed to two women.

investigator
captain of 100

Post by investigator »

You just want an excuse not to study it our for yourself so you blindly "follow a prophet(s)", who teach you that Joseph was a liar, that he taught one thing and did another, which is duplicitous or deceitful which I will not attribute to Joseph Smith.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

investigator wrote: February 28th, 2018, 9:38 am You just want an excuse not to study it our for yourself so you blindly "follow a prophet(s)", who teach you that Joseph was a liar, that he taught one thing and did another, which is duplicitous or deceitful which I will not attribute to Joseph Smith.
Not only studied it out, received confirmation that Brigham Young was commanded to practice polygamy.

investigator
captain of 100

Post by investigator »

Have you received confirmation that Joseph was commanded to lie and commit adultery?

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

investigator wrote: February 28th, 2018, 10:01 am Have you received confirmation that Joseph was commanded to lie and commit adultery?
Plural marriage was legal in Illinois if you kept it secret, that is why Joseph said what he did. Since Joseph was sealed to the other wives, no adultery was committed.

Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Col. Flagg »

Arenera wrote: February 28th, 2018, 9:43 am
investigator wrote: February 28th, 2018, 9:38 am You just want an excuse not to study it our for yourself so you blindly "follow a prophet(s)", who teach you that Joseph was a liar, that he taught one thing and did another, which is duplicitous or deceitful which I will not attribute to Joseph Smith.
Not only studied it out, received confirmation that Brigham Young was commanded to practice polygamy.
Was he also commanded to withhold the priesthood from people with colored skin only to have the Lord change his mind about it in 1978? It's funny, I always thought that men would be punished for their own sins, but apparently the Lord is OK with generations of blacks being prevented from having the priesthood because of the actions of Cain. :lol: You are fighting a losing battle Arenera - ever hear of the phrase 'the philosophies of men mingled with scripture'?

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

Col. Flagg wrote: February 28th, 2018, 1:34 pm
Was he also commanded to withhold the priesthood from people with colored skin only to have the Lord change his mind about it in 1978? It's funny, I always thought that men would be punished for their own sins, but apparently the Lord is OK with generations of blacks being prevented from having the priesthood because of the actions of Cain. :lol: You are fighting a losing battle Arenera - ever hear of the phrase 'the philosophies of men mingled with scripture'?
As the Remnants are showing, there is only one place, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Which practiced polygamy, including Joseph Smith.

nvr
captain of 1,000

Post by nvr »

Arenera wrote: February 28th, 2018, 1:42 pm
As the Remnants are showing, there is only one place, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Which practiced polygamy, including Joseph Smith.
There are no writings or indications from Joseph himself that polygamy was ever acceptable - just the opposite. The Book of Mormon was clear on this as well as D&C up until his death (section 132 was only included a decade+ later with what appears to be spurious origins )
We're expected to search out the truth and confirm it ourselves- Here's some sage advise on this from Brigham Young, himself:
I am more afraid that this people have so much confidence in their leaders that they will not inquire for themselves of God whether they are led by Him. I am fearful they settle down in a state of blind self-security, trusting their eternal destiny in the hands of their leaders with a reckless confidence that in itself would thwart the purposes of God in their salvation, and weaken that influence they could give to their leaders, did they know for themselves, by the revelations of Jesus, that they are led in the right way. Let every man and woman know, by the whispering of the Spirit of God to themselves, whether their leaders are walking in the path the Lord dictates, or not. This has been my exhortation continually.

Arenera
captain of 1,000

Post by Arenera »

nvr wrote: February 28th, 2018, 2:18 pm
Arenera wrote: February 28th, 2018, 1:42 pm

There are no writings or indications from Joseph himself that polygamy was ever acceptable - just the opposite. The Book of Mormon was clear on this as well as D&C up until his death (section 132 was only included a decade+ later with what appears to be spurious origins )
We're expected to search out the truth and confirm it ourselves- Here's some sage advise on this from Brigham Young, himself:
I am more afraid that this people have so much confidence in their leaders that they will not inquire for themselves of God whether they are led by Him. I am fearful they settle down in a state of blind self-security, trusting their eternal destiny in the hands of their leaders with a reckless confidence that in itself would thwart the purposes of God in their salvation, and weaken that influence they could give to their leaders, did they know for themselves, by the revelations of Jesus, that they are led in the right way. Let every man and woman know, by the whispering of the Spirit of God to themselves, whether their leaders are walking in the path the Lord dictates, or not. This has been my exhortation continually.
See above: Not only studied it out, received confirmation that Brigham Young was commanded to practice polygamy.

AI2.0
captain of 1,000

Post by AI2.0 »

On The Fringe wrote: February 26th, 2018, 10:52 am
AI2.0 wrote: February 22nd, 2018, 8:40 pm

There's plenty of other threads that debate the subject of polygamy, I was simply wondering if anyone had the PDF's.

My personal thoughts on your comments however are that God commanded Joseph Smith to enter polygamy in secret to lead the Church astray. In my mind there is no denying the fact he did have many wives as there is a plethora of evidence that confirms the fact (however, if you try to imply that he had sex with each and every one of them there is extremely scant evidence).

I'm just interested in the PDF's. They are so much easier to use than a website!

You think 'God commanded Joseph Smith to enter polygamy in secret to lead the Church astray.'???? Why on earth would Heavenly Father want to do that? That's not logical at all--if God is all truth and a loving father in Heaven, who does not lie to us, why would he do such a Luciferean thing like that? That just don't make no sense. :?