New York Post: Conspiracy theorists convinced Earth is hollow and filled with aliens

Discuss political news items / current events.
Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

New York Post: Conspiracy theorists convinced Earth is hollow and filled with aliens

Post by Joel »

Conspiracy theorists convinced Earth is hollow and filled with aliens

If you thought the “flat Earth” theory was the craziest conspiracy you’d hear about all year, think again.

Because there’s a growing community of people convinced the Earth is hollow, with a race of superior “alien” humans, Vikings and Nazis living in paradise at the center.

They even believe that flying saucers and UFOs come from within the interior Earth — sent from the highly evolved tribes to spy on us and prevent nuclear war.

Spearheading the bizarre movement is Rodney Cluff, author of “World Top Secret: Our Earth IS Hollow.”

He was so confident in the theory that he organized a 2007 voyage to the hollow Earth — with a plan to set off from Russia on an icebreaker ship to find an “opening” at the North Pole.

The $20,000-per-head expedition was canceled, but this in no way dampened his enthusiasm for the theory that flies in the face of modern scientific thinking.

He told SunOnline that the movement has exploded in popularity — with thousands subscribing to the idea of an inner sun and Earth.

“More and more people are coming to terms with the fact that the Earth is hollow. I get emails from people learning about it every day,” Cluff said.

“It’s definitely growing in popularity — certainly not in the millions but maybe in the thousands.”

So what does Cluff think of the loony rival theory that the Earth is flat?

“I don’t know how the flat-Earthers can be so confused,” he told SunOnline.

“They are obviously wrong. The world is not flat — it’s hollow. They reject all the evidence.”

Contrary to flat-Earthers, the hollow Earth movement believes the planet is a sphere — or more specifically, a “doughnut” shape.

And the theory does not just stop at our Earth — the group believes the moon, sun, stars and other planets are all hollow bodies.

There are thought to be three “substantial” openings into the inner Earth — two near the poles and one in the Himalayas.

Cluff believes the shell of the Earth is about 800 miles thick, from the outside to the inner surface.

“Suspended in the center of that hollow is an interior sun that is divided by day and night sides,” he says.

Those who claim to have traveled to the inner Earth have described the land as like the Garden of Eden.

Norwegian sailor Olaf Jansen claimed he sailed with his dad through an entrance to the Earth’s interior at the North Pole in 1811.

He told author Willis George Emerson how they lived in the beautiful paradise for two years.

“The city of ‘Eden’ is located in what seems to be a beautiful valley, yet, in fact, it is on the loftiest mountain plateau of the Inner Continent,” Jansen said.

He claimed the “superhumans” living there were at least 12 feet tall and never got ill.

As the hollow Earth theory has grown in popularity, so has speculation about the people apparently living in the center.

It’s now thought to be home to Nazis who escaped from World War II, the lost Viking colonies of Greenland and the lost tribes of Israel.

Cluff, who lives in Utah, says the “superior” human race living at the center of the Earth consider themselves “guardians of the planet.”

“They regularly spy on us using spacecrafts and flying saucers,” he said.

“They want to keep an eye on us and stop us from starting a nuclear war. The majority of UFOs actually come from inside our planet.”

Dianne Robbins, another hollow Earth theorist, says those living at the center have evolved to be immortal.

“They are physical humans like we are, but they live in peace, isolation and seclusion and through this, they have gained their immortality,” she says.

The telepathic communicator believes there are 100 subterranean cities, known as the Agartha network, at the center of the hollow Earth.

The hollow Earth theory has its origins in the belief systems of the ancient Greeks, Tibetan Buddhists and Christians.

In ancient times, the idea of underground realms often became associated with the afterlife.

The idea gained traction after 18th-century astronomer Edmond Halley argued that unusual compass readings could be explained by the fact that the planet was composed of a hollow shell.

He said they were two inner concentric shells and an innermost core.

The idea has been rejected by scientific research ever since.

Interest in the theory reignited in the 1940s when polar explorer Adm. Richard E. Byrd claimed he entered the inner Earth.

He also apparently found thriving civilizations on his 1920s trips and was once “attacked by flying saucers that burst out of the ocean and wiped out half of his fleet.”

The insane idea was once again thrust into the spotlight last year when conspiracy theorists claimed pictures proved NASA is hiding a huge hole leading directly to the center of the Earth.

Video footage revealed never-before-seen pictures of the alleged hole — which the US government apparently has covered up.

YouTube conspiracy theorists secureteam10 said: “Every single satellite image that we have of the North Pole shows a massive hole or a blackout hole put there to hide whatever’s underneath.”

Psychologist Jonathan Young said: “If we were to discover the other Earth, the place we have sought, the missing world — it would be profoundly humbling.”

“So this would be quite a paradigm shift. History would change in a very major way.”
http://www.ourhollowearth.com/ourhollo/index.html

inho
captain of 1,000

Re: New York Post: Conspiracy theorists convinced Earth is hollow and filled with aliens

Post by inho »

Didn't we once have someone on this forum who claimed to originate from the earth's interior?

BeNotDeceived
Agent38

How much would you weigh at the center of Saturn?

Post by BeNotDeceived »

How much would you weigh at the center of the Earth :?:

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Re: New York Post: Conspiracy theorists convinced Earth is hollow and filled with aliens

Post by kittycat51 »

Joel wrote: December 27th, 2017, 8:14 am

If you thought the “flat Earth” theory was the craziest conspiracy you’d hear about all year, think again.

Because there’s a growing community of people convinced the Earth is hollow, with a race of superior “alien” humans, Vikings and Nazis living in paradise at the center.

They even believe that flying saucers and UFOs come from within the interior Earth — sent from the highly evolved tribes to spy on us and prevent nuclear war.

Spearheading the bizarre movement is Rodney Cluff, author of “World Top Secret: Our Earth IS Hollow.”

He was so confident in the theory that he organized a 2007 voyage to the hollow Earth — with a plan to set off from Russia on an icebreaker ship to find an “opening” at the North Pole.

The $20,000-per-head expedition was canceled, but this in no way dampened his enthusiasm for the theory that flies in the face of modern scientific thinking.

He told SunOnline that the movement has exploded in popularity — with thousands subscribing to the idea of an inner sun and Earth.

“More and more people are coming to terms with the fact that the Earth is hollow. I get emails from people learning about it every day,” Cluff said.

“It’s definitely growing in popularity — certainly not in the millions but maybe in the thousands.”

So what does Cluff think of the loony rival theory that the Earth is flat?

“I don’t know how the flat-Earthers can be so confused,” he told SunOnline.

“They are obviously wrong. The world is not flat — it’s hollow. They reject all the evidence.”

Contrary to flat-Earthers, the hollow Earth movement believes the planet is a sphere — or more specifically, a “doughnut” shape.

And the theory does not just stop at our Earth — the group believes the moon, sun, stars and other planets are all hollow bodies.

There are thought to be three “substantial” openings into the inner Earth — two near the poles and one in the Himalayas.

Cluff believes the shell of the Earth is about 800 miles thick, from the outside to the inner surface.

“Suspended in the center of that hollow is an interior sun that is divided by day and night sides,” he says.

Those who claim to have traveled to the inner Earth have described the land as like the Garden of Eden.

Norwegian sailor Olaf Jansen claimed he sailed with his dad through an entrance to the Earth’s interior at the North Pole in 1811.

He told author Willis George Emerson how they lived in the beautiful paradise for two years.

“The city of ‘Eden’ is located in what seems to be a beautiful valley, yet, in fact, it is on the loftiest mountain plateau of the Inner Continent,” Jansen said.

He claimed the “superhumans” living there were at least 12 feet tall and never got ill.

As the hollow Earth theory has grown in popularity, so has speculation about the people apparently living in the center.

It’s now thought to be home to Nazis who escaped from World War II, the lost Viking colonies of Greenland and the lost tribes of Israel.

Cluff, who lives in Utah, says the “superior” human race living at the center of the Earth consider themselves “guardians of the planet.”

“They regularly spy on us using spacecrafts and flying saucers,” he said.

“They want to keep an eye on us and stop us from starting a nuclear war. The majority of UFOs actually come from inside our planet.”

Dianne Robbins, another hollow Earth theorist, says those living at the center have evolved to be immortal.

“They are physical humans like we are, but they live in peace, isolation and seclusion and through this, they have gained their immortality,” she says.

The telepathic communicator believes there are 100 subterranean cities, known as the Agartha network, at the center of the hollow Earth.

The hollow Earth theory has its origins in the belief systems of the ancient Greeks, Tibetan Buddhists and Christians.

In ancient times, the idea of underground realms often became associated with the afterlife.

The idea gained traction after 18th-century astronomer Edmond Halley argued that unusual compass readings could be explained by the fact that the planet was composed of a hollow shell.

He said they were two inner concentric shells and an innermost core.

The idea has been rejected by scientific research ever since.

Interest in the theory reignited in the 1940s when polar explorer Adm. Richard E. Byrd claimed he entered the inner Earth.

He also apparently found thriving civilizations on his 1920s trips and was once “attacked by flying saucers that burst out of the ocean and wiped out half of his fleet.”

The insane idea was once again thrust into the spotlight last year when conspiracy theorists claimed pictures proved NASA is hiding a huge hole leading directly to the center of the Earth.

Video footage revealed never-before-seen pictures of the alleged hole — which the US government apparently has covered up.

YouTube conspiracy theorists secureteam10 said: “Every single satellite image that we have of the North Pole shows a massive hole or a blackout hole put there to hide whatever’s underneath.”

Psychologist Jonathan Young said: “If we were to discover the other Earth, the place we have sought, the missing world — it would be profoundly humbling.”

“So this would be quite a paradigm shift. History would change in a very major way.”
http://www.ourhollowearth.com/ourhollo/index.html
Honest question Joel; how do YOU feel about this? Believer? Skeptic? Antagonistic? Or somewhere in-between? Last year I actually read through much of what is on Cluff's website and found it fascinating. Not sure what to believe myself. The fact that there are several accounts of people seeing inner earth is intriguing. With all of the crazy visits of "big wig" people visiting the Antarctica lately, has my curiosity piqued. The 2 most recent that stands out were former astronaut Buzz Aldrin and former Secretary of State John Kerry. Why did they go?

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

I believe that they believe what they say which is fun!

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

inho wrote: December 27th, 2017, 8:19 am Didn't we once have someone on this forum who claimed to originate from the earth's interior?
There was one on AVOW some years back. I don't recall one here, but I suppose there could have been.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

They forgot "the lost ten tribes".

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

Silver Pie wrote: December 27th, 2017, 7:47 pm

They forgot "the lost ten tribes".

They are mentioned in the article, about half way down.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

kittycat51 wrote: December 27th, 2017, 9:39 pm They are mentioned in the article, about half way down.
Cool! Thanks.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

Nothing about the hollow earth makes sense to me. A tiny star in the center, reverse gravity, holes in the poles. I don’t believe any of it.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

It bothers me somewhat that I have to live in the same world as some of these deranged people.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

5tev3 wrote: December 27th, 2017, 10:16 pm Nothing about the hollow earth makes sense to me. A tiny star in the center, reverse gravity, holes in the poles. I don’t believe any of it.
It makes sense to me because I don't know all the laws of physics that exist. We don't know as much about gravity as we probably think we do. It may be that gravity exists in the crust of the earth, not the core, for example.

I would concur about a tiny star in the center, though. I don't know how light would actually get in there. Perhaps through reflection and/or refraction.

I don't have my heart tied up in this theory (if it was false, I would not cry nor be disappointed), but it does fascinate me.

Silver Pie
seeker after Christ

Post by Silver Pie »

skmo wrote: December 27th, 2017, 11:05 pm It bothers me somewhat that I have to live in the same world as some of these deranged people.

oneClimbs
captain of 1,000

Post by oneClimbs »

Silver Pie wrote: December 27th, 2017, 11:26 pm
5tev3 wrote: December 27th, 2017, 10:16 pm Nothing about the hollow earth makes sense to me. A tiny star in the center, reverse gravity, holes in the poles. I don’t believe any of it.
It makes sense to me because I don't know all the laws of physics that exist. We don't know as much about gravity as we probably think we do. It may be that gravity exists in the crust of the earth, not the core, for example.

I would concur about a tiny star in the center, though. I don't know how light would actually get in there. Perhaps through reflection and/or refraction.

I don't have my heart tied up in this theory (if it was false, I would not cry nor be disappointed), but it does fascinate me.
Sure, it's interesting. It would make a cool movie and it is fun to think that everything we thought we knew could be turned on its head to reveal something new and amazing about reality. I think it is that sense of wonder that compels us to explore, but we need to be cautious that we don't get too swallowed up in an idea that we become blind to new evidence.

I've never been to either pole or into space, I can't say that I know for sure if the earth is hollow or filled with a metal core surrounded by magma. So I'm not going to go around saying that people are right or wrong, we're all going to base our conclusions on what other people have told us unless we have seen things firsthand for ourselves.

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

skmo wrote: December 27th, 2017, 11:05 pm It bothers me somewhat that I have to live in the same world as some of these deranged people.
I am afraid you will be bothered for the rest of your life then, unless you happen to be the last person on Earth.

You know, however, that your post and the NY Post article both serve the Devil don't you? :o :shock:
So in the O.P. the article blasts those who have a different belief than others. It lumps selected differing belief groups together by association, and then condemns the whole lot viciously and without mercy (including residents of Utah - you can extrapolate who else would be grouped into that).

To cut to the chase then, effectively what this does is to close down openness and investigation. It stops the seeking mind and shuts it down to behave like a good slave should. Would you have consciously sought to shut down your students from learning in school?
:twisted:

I do not believe all that I hear or read or watch or experience myself for that matter. But I can see how very fragile an open mind can be, and eternal learning (coming to God) can be destroyed by the mocking and shaming of the great and spacious building. There is a condemnation from God for unbelief, not for believing something in error.

So now that you have been alerted to the attempt to close minds with this topic (programming the mind), Can you look at something shown to you beyond your experience with an open mind?
Try this: (start at 8:00 for those who have severe ADHD or ADD or whatever) 14:00 if you really cant afford the time :idea:
I do not believe everything stated herein either, but it certainly has given me a desire to learn more about several different subjects.

Just remember that those who pressed forward through the mists of darkness (temptations) and made it to the tree and the fruit thereof (the Love of God) weren't overcome by the temptations, but only by the mocking and finger of shame pointed at them. :)

inho
captain of 1,000

Post by inho »

kenssurplus wrote: December 28th, 2017, 9:48 pm To cut to the chase then, effectively what this does is to close down openness and investigation. It stops the seeking mind and shuts it down to behave like a good slave should. Would you have consciously sought to shut down your students from learning in school?
But that is exactly the problem with the hollow earth theory. If those people would have done enough learning in the school, they would know that it is not a viable option. The hollow earth theory isn't an alternative worth studying. It just doesn't work.
BeNotDeceived raised the critical issue in this comment:
BeNotDeceived wrote: December 27th, 2017, 9:28 am How much would you weigh at the center of the Earth :?:
If you have learned anything about gravity, you should know that it is proportional to the inverse square of the distance. From this fact it follows that inside a spherical shell the net force will be zero.

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

inho wrote: December 29th, 2017, 3:11 am
kenssurplus wrote: December 28th, 2017, 9:48 pm To cut to the chase then, effectively what this does is to close down openness and investigation. It stops the seeking mind and shuts it down to behave like a good slave should. Would you have consciously sought to shut down your students from learning in school?
But that is exactly the problem with the hollow earth theory. If those people would have done enough learning in the school, they would know that it is not a viable option. The hollow earth theory isn't an alternative worth studying. It just doesn't work.
BeNotDeceived raised the critical issue in this comment:
BeNotDeceived wrote: December 27th, 2017, 9:28 am How much would you weigh at the center of the Earth :?:
If you have learned anything about gravity, you should know that it is proportional to the inverse square of the distance. From this fact it follows that inside a spherical shell the net force will be zero.
inho, I see your point, however, this train of thought presupposes that all true knowledge is already available in sanctioned schools only, and no independent thought should be encouraged or tolerated. Indeed the peer review process points the finger of scorn and mockery at anything deviating from the officially accepted text. Yes, there are theories and ideas which are completely bogus, and should be discarded, but we should not be so proud of the great and spacious building that we become mockers and scorners of those who think differently than we do.

The thing that leaves most topics open for me is that God can do ALL things. Whatever He has a mind to do, He can do. So if E=MC^2, what happens when C changes? If an energized asymmetrical capacitor produces thrust in a vacuum, did the mass change?

If you lived in the mouth of a cave but had no means to make light, it would be absurd to say that the cave ends where the light stops, and I that will not believe that the cave goes farther until someone with a light proves it. - even then, that does not prove it because maybe I would still say the cave ends where their light stops.

It is not the topic that I am worked up over, it is the mocking and scorn that I have seen leveled against many a discovery and discoverer that if it had not been the case, we would have had much greater strides in accomplishment and knowledge, and many whose careers, morale, and even very life would have been exalted rather than destroyed.

skmo
captain of 1,000

Post by skmo »

kenssurplus wrote: December 28th, 2017, 9:48 pm You know, however, that your post and the NY Post article both serve the Devil don't you?
Thank you for adding another stupid idea to those I'm already ignoring.
Would you have consciously sought to shut down your students from learning in school?
When they were gloriously stupid traps aimed at helping them fall into ignorance, then yes, I did. For instance, when one of them brought in a note they'd gotten in the mail telling them about a deposed Nigerian General who had $765 Million in his Swiss account, and if their family would pay his $700 ticket to Switzerland he'd happily share his millions with them.

Yes, a few of the families believed this to be quite genuine.

And yes, that is exactly how ridiculous, stupid, and mind-numbingly frivolous I believe both hollow earth and flat earth to be.

Things I believe more than hollow/flat earth:

Burning human feces can be harnessed to provide energy.
Hollywood occasionally makes a movie with a good message.
Everyone can get rich if they try hard.

Things I DON'T believe more than hollow/flat earth:
Obama cared about the country's well-being.
The hildabeast has the integrity to be a good leader.
Gangsta Rap is music.

Teancum
captain of 100

Post by Teancum »

Alright Skmo, I admit that I came out swinging on my first post to this thread. Though I directed my post at yours, mainly because your post displayed the closest to mocking in similar fashion as the NY Post, I really didn't mean any offense to you.

As I have stated in an above post, I don't really have much emotional buy-in to this topic. Yes, I believe the scriptures when they talk of things that I don't understand (and this topic COULD be included in that - I just don't know). What perks up my attention, is when I see the attacks so vicious and hate filled against some group or individual. It reminds me of the stories in the Book of Mormon that detail the stirring up of anger and hate. Nothing good ever came out of that, and I feel a desire to point out the M.O.