ISIS just threatened an LDS temple in California

Discuss political news items / current events.
Col. Flagg
Level 34 Illuminated

ISIS just threatened an LDS temple in California

Post by Col. Flagg »

Anyone know any further details? Just got a text about it but don't know any specifics. :(

Sarah
Level 34 Illuminated

Re: ISIS just threatened an LDS temple in California

Post by Sarah »

Col. Flagg wrote: December 1st, 2017, 5:29 pm Anyone know any further details? Just got a text about it but don't know any specifics. :(
Who sent you the text?

mirkwood
captain of 1,000

Post by mirkwood »

AVOW is the only source I have heard with this story. I'd like to see it verified from some other source. AVOW is spurious at best.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

san diego temple. That's a beautiful temple, hope they don't touch it. Google isis threaten lds temple, many reports.

Apparently it's in isis propaganda video.

edit: a poster, not a video

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

KUTV a local station here in Utah has reported it.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

I saw the story this morning on BeehiveSlate.com, looks like it is still the lead story:

EmmaLee
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by EmmaLee »

Another reporting - NBC affiliate out of San Diego - https://www.nbcsandiego.com/on-air/as-s ... 89583.html

gkearney
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by gkearney »

The report would seem to originate with the NBC affiliate in San Diego. They in turn got it from some unnamed terror related website.

Joel
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Joel »

The dark imagery reminded me of this old but funny video

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

If it is credible, is it against San Diego City, the temple, the Church or multiple? Kind of hits you in the gut?

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

kittycat51 wrote: December 1st, 2017, 7:22 pm If it is credible, is it against San Diego City, the temple, the Church or multiple? Kind of hits you in the gut?
I wondered if it was San Diego as a target and they used a well known landmark in the poster. If they were targeting "mormons" you would think the SLC temple would represent that?

It hasn't hit me in my gut...yet. We know that the saints will not escape the persecutions that the early saints faced.

Good will be a target of evil and that group is evil, but their goal is to create fear and chaos by any means in any place against any people.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

I wondered as well if they won't eventually be more focused on Christians like they have been in Syria etc. Perhaps they view Americans as christians? However Mormons are not considered "christians". Our church has also reached out to the Muslim world and to the refugees.

some thoughts I have

Sasquatch
captain of 50

Post by Sasquatch »

MMbelieve wrote: December 1st, 2017, 8:36 pm I wondered as well if they won't eventually be more focused on Christians like they have been in Syria etc. Perhaps they view Americans as christians? However Mormons are not considered "christians". Our church has also reached out to the Muslim world and to the refugees.

some thoughts I have
The ones who say we are not Christians are usually evangelical protestants. I doubt people of other religions care to make such a distinction, especially Muslim extremists.

LightisTruth111
captain of 50

Post by LightisTruth111 »

MMbelieve wrote: December 1st, 2017, 8:36 pm I wondered as well if they won't eventually be more focused on Christians like they have been in Syria etc. Perhaps they view Americans as christians? However Mormons are not considered "christians". Our church has also reached out to the Muslim world and to the refugees.

some thoughts I have
Mormons is not how LDS should be refering to themselves, you are the true Christians, be the saint your meant to be. Are thou ashamed of Christ? If the whole world turns against you the Lord God is with you, is that not enough?

bradfordjames8
captain of 10

Kutv news: LDS temple threat

Post by bradfordjames8 »

Anyone have any further info or sources on this story

http://kutv.com/news/local/image-with-l ... ing-online

Fiannan
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by Fiannan »

MMbelieve wrote: December 1st, 2017, 8:33 pm
kittycat51 wrote: December 1st, 2017, 7:22 pm If it is credible, is it against San Diego City, the temple, the Church or multiple? Kind of hits you in the gut?
I wondered if it was San Diego as a target and they used a well known landmark in the poster. If they were targeting "mormons" you would think the SLC temple would represent that?

It hasn't hit me in my gut...yet. We know that the saints will not escape the persecutions that the early saints faced.

Good will be a target of evil and that group is evil, but their goal is to create fear and chaos by any means in any place against any people.
California is a "sanctuary state" so it would be far easier to get into southern California and remain hidden while planning any terrorist attacks.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

Fiannan wrote: December 2nd, 2017, 1:20 pm
MMbelieve wrote: December 1st, 2017, 8:33 pm

California is a "sanctuary state" so it would be far easier to get into southern California and remain hidden while planning any terrorist attacks.
I agree, I lived there for 12 years! I liked my time there but am glad I left and won't go back.

JohnnyL
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by JohnnyL »

So, some station said it was on "an unnamed terror-related website"... Is that all?

Sunain
captain of 1,000

Post by Sunain »

ISIS can make all the threats they want. It is His house. He will protect His house if that is His wish to do so. We know He visits His temples as do angels and those in the Spirit World. The temples are dedicated to Him and in all the dedicatory prayers it is asked to protect the building from evil and the elements.

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

Let me begin to say that I know God has all power but if the church members are not doing what they're supposed to be doing, then I don't see why this cannot happen. Especially if the House of the Lord has been polluted. I had this vision when I went to the temple last month. So yea, It truly wouldn't surprise me

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

LdsMarco wrote: December 4th, 2017, 9:05 pm Let me begin to say that I know God has all power but if the church members are not doing what they're supposed to be doing, then I don't see why this cannot happen. Especially if the House of the Lord has been polluted. I had this vision when I went to the temple last month. So yea, It truly wouldn't surprise me

To clarify...you had a vision of the San Diego temple being affected as implied in this threat?

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

MMbelieve wrote: December 4th, 2017, 9:29 pm To clarify...you had a vision of the San Diego temple being affected as implied in this threat?
Not specifically San Diego. In general.

I just received an email that I was not the only one who saw this in vision. In fact, this person has more details of the vision and still works in the temple in Salt Lake.

MMbelieve
Level 34 Illuminated

Post by MMbelieve »

LdsMarco wrote: December 5th, 2017, 6:13 am
MMbelieve wrote: December 4th, 2017, 9:29 pm To clarify...you had a vision of the San Diego temple being affected as implied in this threat?

I just received an email that I was not the only one who saw this in vision. In fact, this person has more details of the vision and still works in the temple in Salt Lake.
okay thanks for clarifying. I actually am not sure that the temple in San Diego was specifically targeted. There were three other posters made as well, France, rome, and NYC

LdsMarco
captain of 100

Post by LdsMarco »

MMbelieve wrote: December 5th, 2017, 9:20 am [4okay thanks for clarifying. I actually am not sure that the temple in San Diego was specifically targeted. There were three other posters made as well, France, rome, and NYC
good catch

kittycat51
captain of 1,000

Post by kittycat51 »

LdsMarco wrote: December 5th, 2017, 6:13 am

Can you expound? Give more details of your dream?